PDA

View Full Version : The oil war

Drop1
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
And he weighed in briefly but pointedly on the Iraq war: "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil." Comments like this throws light on nothing,and show the eighteen plus years of service under four Presidents,that Greenspan's experience taught him nothing.However,before I pass final judgement,I plan to read his book. I really want to know,why one hundred,and twelve billion barrels of oil could possibly interest the U.S.,slated to be without oil,in a decade,and the oil in Iraq would last the U.S. five hundred-plus years. The man has to be demented.

S0Noma
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> And he weighed in briefly but pointedly on the Iraq war: "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil." Comments like this throws light on nothing,and show the eighteen plus years of service under four Presidents,that Greenspan's experience taught him nothing.However,before I pass final judgement,I plan to read his book. I really want to know,why one hundred,and twelve billion barrels of oil could possibly interest the U.S.,slated to be without oil,in a decade,and the oil in Iraq would last the U.S. five hundred-plus years. The man has to be demented. <hr /></blockquote>

Interesting post, Harry. I suppose the real truth may never be known for certain. One can't help but wonder if we'd be balls deep in Iraq right now if there were NO OIL there and never had been.

Just a thought.

nAz
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I thought it was about Iraq wanting to convert the way they and opec sell oil, you know instead of using the dollar they would use the euro.

Drop1
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
We will never know,since our only interests will always be Truth,Justice,and the American way. I did however spend a little time reading Iraq's new oil law. I had no idea,the Iraq Clergy,and Political leadership,could be so generous to us foreigners bent on setting them free,to enjoy the fruits of democracy,after the civil war ends./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drop1
12-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Do you think we could allow that? I know Iraq is a independent sovereign nation,but drop the dropping dollar,no way,better they should go to the Mexican peso.

DickLeonard
12-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Drop1 see how eager we are to bring peace to the desert countries and War to the Oil Countries. Don't we make Sand Castles out of Sand?####

DickLeonard
12-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Drop1 I thought I saw Alan Greenspan say you never reduce taxes and then go to War. A recipe for financial disaster unless you get the 112 billion gallons of Oil.###

bamadog
12-03-2007, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Drop1 I thought I saw Alan Greenspan say you never reduce taxes and then go to War. A recipe for financial disaster unless you get the 112 billion gallons of Oil.### <hr /></blockquote>

Exactly how are we going to "get" this oil?

btw, Greenspan supported going to war.