PDA

View Full Version : buying used 8 foot table

stefcarol7
12-03-2007, 12:11 PM
I am interested in a Brunswick Bradford II and Olhausen Santa Ana

I am looking for advice such as: are these table worth $800, is there a need to recover, in order of quality which manufactures make the best tables,AND WHAT EVER ELSE YOU THINK I SHOULD KNOW/DO

bsmutz
12-03-2007, 01:46 PM
I would think you (or anyone else) would be happy with either table. Yes, they are worth $800 as long as they aren't too beat up (visually) and the slates are still intact. The cloth needs to be removed when the tables are moved (except on the rails) so the cost of new cloth is the only added expense. You should be able to get good new cloth for around $150 or so. If the old cloth appears worn (small holes, track marks, dingy looking and thin), then I would replace it with new. If it doesn't look that way, you can probably get at least a couple more years out of it. Be aware that I am only offering any advice from my own experience and from what I've read and by no means am I an expert on the subject. You may get more input from experts by posting your questions in the table mechanics forum on AZBilliards.com.

BigRigTom
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
That Brunswick Bradford II is a great looking table and you can't go wrong with a Brunswick, if in good shape ...it is well worth $800. The table has to come apart to move it so you should figure on replacing the cloth on the table and the rails with Simonis 860, you won't be sorry you spent that little extra and on a home table it will last for years if you take reasonable care of it.