PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news from South Georgia!

S0Noma
12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Vandals target Worth county tractor dealership

December 4, 2007

Worth County--A Worth County man needs your help bringing some vandals to justice. On November 24th, someone fired multiple gunshots into the walls and windows of his business and damaged several tractors in the process. So far no has been arrested for the crime.

Mike Hunt has been in the tractor business for nearly thirty years. In that time, he's never once had any problems with vandalism, that is until recently.

Hunt, owner of Southern Tractor Sales, says the vandalism was an unwelcome holiday surprise that happened boldly in broad daylight.

"I heard gun fire, and I came back that later afternoon and saw the bullet holes," he says.

The damage to his office window was the first thing that grabbed Hunt's attention. "At first I thought someone was target practicing and missed. But then I got to looking, there's another hole, and there's another hole, and a mark where a bullet hit and didn't penetrate," he says.

But the damage didn't stop there. "Then I turned around I saw that they shot up two tractors too, so I knew then that someone had shot intentially to hit my place of business," he says.

Clearly puzzled and upset, "Maybe they had fun. It wasn't very fun for us," he says.

He now has two questions: Who did it and why? "I think someone drove down Highway 82 and said, 'hey, watch this.' I don't honestly believe that the person that shot this place up even knows my name," he says.

<font color="blue">Geeze, with a name like 'Mike Hunt' first made famous in the movie 'Porky's' you'd think EVERYONE would know who he is. </font color>

Hunt estimates the damage to his property to be around several thousand dollars--money he'll have to pay out of his own pocket. "We thought we had insurance on these tractors, of course, the deductible is so high, we've got to pay all of this out of our pocket. It'll cost us three or four thousand dollars for this little incident for no reason," he says.

And the Worth County Sheriff's Office hasn't been able to provide many answers either. "They came out looked at it, got my name, got my address, and filed a report," he says.

But Hunt says he's determined to get these vandals behind bars. "If somebody knows who did it, and they contact me or the Worth County Sheriff's Office, there is a reward offered," he says.

Hunt says he's willing to pay $500 to anyone who has information leading to an arrest in the shooting. All you have to do is contact him at Southern Tractor Sales. The number is 777-3710. You can also call the Worth County Sheriff's Office at 776-8211.

web page (http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7446945&amp;nav=menu37_3)

Deeman3
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I was in a meeting at the time. I have witnesses.

wolfdancer
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
messing with another man's tractor is a capitol offense in Ga.
you can always get you another wife,what with all the relatives.... but a good tractor, is an heirloom, handed down thru many generations

Chopstick
12-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Yep and messin with his dawg will get you kilt. See, you are startin to understand us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Every southern boy has got some mischief in im. Every now and then you will get some that just ain't born right. They're just plain mean. Them boys went too far.

I remember some ol boys who used to get in the back of their pickup with baseball bats and drive down the street bashin peoples mailbox flat. Well, we got tired of that so we took one and filled it up with concrete and shut the door. When the boy came to bash that one the bat bounced back and caught him right between the eyes. Well, there you go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Then there's the one where you go to the market and get a beef tongue and stick it in a mailbox. Kinda fold it against he door so when they open the box a big ol tongue flops out.

Now, there's a certain eight legged friend of ours that used to blow em up. He stated out with M-80s and cherry bombs. Then he got the idea of savin the C02 cartridges from his pellet gun, fillin em up with gunpowder, insert about four inches of dynamite fuse and sealing it with candle wax. Instant hand grenade. Them red ants used to REALLY hate us.

For some reason he developed an affinity for this one ol farmers mailbox. It was kinda off in the country a little ways. About every month or so he would ride down there and blow up that same guys mailbox. He didn't even know the guy. It didn't just blow the side out. It blew the whole thing right off the post. It would land down the road, a twisted up piece of flat metal. I seem to remember that years later after he went off to college and moved away to Texas, he was home visiting and he went down there and did it again.

Boys will be boys, but southern boys, you better watch out cuz somethin is fixin to happen, always. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

S0Noma
12-05-2007, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I seem to remember that years later after he went off to college and moved away to Texas, he was home visiting and he went down there and did it again.

Boys will be boys, but southern boys, you better watch out cuz somethin is fixin to happen, always. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Didn't they catch him?

Suspect planned smiley face bomb pattern (http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/05/09/mailbox.pipebombs/)

Deeman3
12-05-2007, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I seem to remember that years later after he went off to college and moved away to Texas, he was home visiting and he went down there and did it again.

Boys will be boys, but southern boys, you better watch out cuz somethin is fixin to happen, always. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Didn't they catch him?

<font color="blue">No one catches the Spiderman, well except an illegal alien in a car!!!!! </font color>

Suspect planned smiley face bomb pattern (http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/05/09/mailbox.pipebombs/) <hr /></blockquote>