PDA

View Full Version : Break Cues

rackmup
02-25-2002, 10:49 AM
I want to buy a new break cue. I'm not interested in a "jump/break" cue (I have a jump cue.)

Any suggestions or comments from any of you that have bought a break cue that has really floored you with it's performance? It's "hit"?

Anyone familiar with the "Predator" break cue (the Predator BK)?

Also, any suggestions on brand/type of tips for this break cue?

Thanks for any info,

Ken (retiring his McD break cue along with his playing cue when the new RB is ready!)

SPetty
02-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Hi Ken,

You must be marrying a rich girl to get all these new toys! :-)

I'm no expert, but I've hit with a friend's Predator BK and it feels good! That's about the extent of my knowledge!

Troy
02-25-2002, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>

Also, any suggestions on brand/type of tips for this break cue?

Ken (retiring his McD break cue along with his playing cue when the new RB is ready!) <hr></blockquote>

I would think that cue choice is personal, so my ideas might not fit for you.

As far as a tip for a break cue, I suggest a hard tip with no more than a nickel radius. Triangle (inexpensive) or Chandivert Rocky are both good. Talisman Pro Hard or X-Hard also are good picks as is Chandivert Layered.

Troy

02-25-2002, 01:26 PM
I use a Predator break cue (18 oz., with wrap). It hits the break better than any other cue I've ever tried. For me, there really isn't even a close 2nd. I was breaking with an 18 oz. graphite Cuetec before, which was (until I tried the Predator break cue) the best break cue I had found.

Doctor_D
02-25-2002, 02:13 PM
In my humble opinion, get yourself a Predator Break Cue!

I purchased a Predator 1st Edition Break Cue, 19oz, last Summer (actually I have two of them, one for travel and one for my locker at Amsterdam West) and I am absolutely thrilled with it. Everyone who has borrowed it, in order to practice and try a break, loved it. Well worth the investment.

Dr. D.

Kato
02-25-2002, 03:51 PM
I play with a Cuetec jump break. Before the end of the year my bag will have Predator Break Cue in it.

Kato.

02-25-2002, 07:05 PM
I personally haven't played with one, but I have heard rave reviews for Mike Gulyassy's (sp?) new breaker called the Sledgehammer. You can check them out at billiardcue.com if you haven't seen one before, but I'm sure you could find a better price than they quote on the site.