PDA

View Full Version : Robbed in Predator break cue contest

Patrick
07-31-2002, 09:00 AM
Look at this: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.worldpoolchampionships.com/article_detail.asp?article_id=138>http://www.worldpoolchampionships.com/article_detail.asp?article_id=138</a>

You had to pick the names in top 8 in the world championships to win a cue.
I got 20 points and the winner got 20 points too, then I lose because she had one of the names in top 16. It didn't say anything about that before the contest. Man, robbed for $300, now I need to save for months to buy that cue.
If I had known the 64 draw was random I would have picked Johnny Archer instead of Charlie Williams. Then I would have the cue now.
I lost because of stupid luck too, Shannon Daulton should have won his match. Corey Deuel too. I would have bet 1 million that Ralf Souquet would have reached the finals.

I always have this much bad luck.

Patrick

PQQLK9
07-31-2002, 09:15 AM
The following people won 2002 Hasseroder World Pool Championship Programmes signed by 'The Pearl' as consolation prizes: Patrick Laakso (Sweden), Kenny Chen (Canada), Marco Weiss (Germany), Barry Ee (Singapore) and Yu Yen Jack.

Enjoy your programme..../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Patrick
07-31-2002, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr>Enjoy your programme..../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>Hahahhahahahahaha.

Cueless Joey
07-31-2002, 09:43 AM
You don't need a break stick. There's no gravity in your planet, is there?

Chris Cass
07-31-2002, 10:16 AM
Paleeese,

You don't know the meaning of bad luck. I've got Buzzard Luck. That's the worst case of all luck. I was 8 when I started smoking. Got invited to a friends house. It was winter. About 4 of us were smoking and Eddies older brother Tommy came home.

He's like 6' tall fresh out of jail. Used to bring guys home from the bar. Force them to play poker, one on one with him. Force them to believe a pair beats a straight. His rules. Take all their money and then throw them out bodily. I asked him one day, why he was so mean to these guys. He replied, get away from me before I rip your face off. The town cops were even afraid of this guy. It was cold standing in knee deep snow with no socks and shoes on. My legs shook for ten mins. It wasn't the cold either.

I was 10 when I was invited by a friend to go to a party. I no sooner walked in the door when, her parents walked in. There was a bottle of booze floating around and how did I know the girl that had the party was naked in the bedroom? Her father racing to catch all of us around the house. Almost pi$$ed my pants.

One day I was with Eddie throwing snow balls at the cars driving down the expressway. Eddie takes a freakin bolder and says watch this. He throws it on top a VW bug. Dented this hood bigtime. The guy gets off the expressway and chases us for 2 miles into an abandon stair well. Stayed there for 3 hrs till he left. wheh.

Once at 16, I was at the bowling alley and Eddie asked me to come with him outside. I asked why? He said, he was going to fight this kid and wanted me there so noone else would jump in. I said, ok. We go out side and there was 3 car loads of guys with bats. I almost $hit a brick. They even brought 2 car loads of girls to watch. Needless to say, Eddie got to poop knocked out of him. They did fight one on one. I was soooo lucky, I think?

One day at 17 I'm standing in the pool room and 5 older guys come in and grab this guy Joe I'm playing with. They were brothers all over 6' and 265 lbs. They proceeded to knock the stuffings out of Joe from one end of the ph to the other. Joe had cheated one of them in a poker game and they found out.

I hung up my cue and started walking out. When, one of the guys said, where do you think your going? I said, nowhere just waiting for my time to shoot. He looked at me and said, sit down and shut up. Thank God they left. Joe bleeding from the mouth with a lump on his head turns to me and said, how did I do? I said you lost, get the time.

I could go on but it could take years.

Regards,

C.C.~~never told ya about the time I asked for a ride home. or the time I spent in the 11th and State St. lockup for parking in the wrong spot.

SPetty
07-31-2002, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> I lost because of stupid luck too,

I would have bet 1 million that Ralf Souquet would have reached the finals.

I always have this much bad luck.<hr></blockquote>Hi Patrick,

Congratulations on almost winning. And condolences on your bad luck.

I guess your bad luck explains why you dislike 9 ball so much. You have said it is just a dumb game of luck. That's probably why lucky humans like the game, partly because it's lucky. And why you don't like the game, because you are not lucky.

It's truly sad to always have that much bad luck. For humans, we tend to have periods of good luck and periods of bad luck. Hardly anyone ever only has always bad luck. (That's probably a bad sentence...) Heck, if you always have bad luck, you probably shouldn't ever bet 1 million, even if you had it.

Eric.
07-31-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey Cass,

I love your upbringing, are you sure we didn't grow up in the same neighborhood?
Speeaking of snowballs, it reminded me of one time when we were throwing snowballs at cars(throwing snowballs at cars is a time-honored ritual in states that have snow). We used to make a pile of em and wait for target practice. Anyway, like your story, we picked on the wrong guy. This guy drove by in a big Impala, we nailed him. He stops rolls his window down to yell, we nail him through the window. Now he's pissed. He drives home(we didn't know he lived near by) parks his car, and sneaks back to where we were and procedes to beat the crap outta the 2 of us. Now it wouldn't have been so bad if my buddy Frank didn't say"I'll get my fathers knife" and run off, leaving me to my beating. Ahh youth.

Eric &gt;knows there is a moral to that story somewhere

Karatemom
07-31-2002, 12:49 PM
Well, those were stories I haven't heard before. Just don't forget the luck you had meeting me, having Christ, finding the CCB and everyone on it. I wouldn't call it buzzard luck.

Heide ~ no buzzard luck in this house

nAz
07-31-2002, 01:09 PM
ROTFLMAO got anymore stories?

SpiderMan
07-31-2002, 01:54 PM
When we were kids too young to know better, Danny and I played a game called "Hubcap". There was a partly-cleared field near a 4-way stop, and we'd hide in the weeds at night with an old hubcap. When a car full of rowdies stopped, we'd pop out, bang the hubcap against a wheel, and yell "I GOT YOUR HUBCAP". Then we'd tear out across the field in the near-darkness, hurdling all the trip wires we'd stretched across the path that afternoon /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

This was still Vietnam-era, so maybe we were just "playing army"?

SpiderMan

08-01-2002, 12:57 PM
hi patrick,

please continue to air your grievances with the predator break cue contest to assure that another one does not occur. thank u, we all appreciate it.

and if u wanna talk about luck, u hit the jackpot, and your STILL complaining! you re a true piece of work.

you [censored] lucked your way into contention, and now u r bragging? btw, the last 64 WAS NOT A RANDOM DRAW, surely you can figure this out.

btw, as i told u before, i had 16 points. and EARL wasn't one of them! i outlined my selection process on th wpc forums (which turned out to be almost 100% accurate).

so if you wanna play "what ifs"...ok, let me change one of my 4 noncontenders for earl and guess what? i win and it is not even close no tiebreaker needed! i would have 24 points.

it is supposed to be fun. how were you "robbed"? you freakin moron, if u ruin this for the rest of us, i'll get you my pretty.

warren lushia
e312 shawneetown
lexington, ky 40503

bet yer fast twitch muscles cant type that fast enough

08-01-2002, 01:18 PM

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2002, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Oh no, another alien, Patrick's long lost evil brother. Or maybe it's 'Buffalo Billy' - I thought I recognized that street address. <hr></blockquote>

Warren's not an alien. He's a respected contributor to the WPC message board.

Maybe you're thinking of "Brookeland Billy" and he lives out around Beaumont TX I think.

08-01-2002, 02:43 PM

cheesemouse
08-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Whitewolf,
http://suggestedsites.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1
I think this is the forum address. There are some crazy guys on this English based site. Lots of crazy Filipino's. Enjoy..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2002, 03:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Okay, if you say so. What is the WPC board? <hr></blockquote>

Sorry WW, I should have been more specific. It's the message board at www.worldpoolchampionship.com (http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com) , the website for the Cardiff tournament. It's been quite active lately as you can imagine. It's truly an international forum. The initial load is pretty slow so be prepared for that.

BTW the English guys and the Filipino guys don't like Earl very much /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Patrick
08-01-2002, 04:24 PM
They said on the World pool championship forum that the last 64 draw was random.
Do you want to buy my souvenir programme with Earl's autograph? It is expensive to travel to a tournament to get his autograph.

Patrick

<font color=orange>"A very high intelligence, a very good body, and natural spiritual abilities all combined makes me the most powerful human that ever lived."</font color=orange>

Patrick
08-01-2002, 04:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: warren lushia:</font><hr>
it is supposed to be fun. how were you "robbed"? you freakin moron, if u ruin this for the rest of us, i'll get you my pretty.
<hr></blockquote>I don't ruin this for anyone, I have revealed the secrets to know who wins. I wouldn't have done that if I had known there are people like you.

Patrick

<font color=red>"A very high intelligence, a very good body, and natural spiritual abilities all combined makes me the most powerful human that ever lived."</font color=red>

NH_Steve
08-02-2002, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr>"I am the truth, the light, and the way" <hr></blockquote>So, Patrick, who is the "I" in your signature quote? Just wondering...

Patrick
08-02-2002, 07:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: NH_Steve:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr>"I am the truth, the light, and the way"<hr></blockquote>So, Patrick, who is the "I" in your signature quote? Just wondering... <hr></blockquote>I am, why would I write that if it wasn't me?

Patrick

NH_Steve
08-02-2002, 07:15 PM
That's what I thought.

(Bluewolf, I rest my case...)

08-03-2002, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Oh no, another alien, Patrick's long lost evil brother. Or maybe it's 'Buffalo Billy' - I thought I recognized that street address. <hr></blockquote>

hi whitewolf,

no, i'm not an alien ( ! ) but i don't know if i would go so far as wally did and say i'm well respected either! i noticed the latest registered user to the wpc forums is called "warreninkysucks" so i guess opinions vary!

but i am a long time user of pool forums, especially RSB and ASP, but also playpool, azbilliards, uk8ball, etc. i read the ccb a bit, but it has more off topic posts than any other pool forum, and it is hard to keep up because the graphical interface makes things a bit slow.

but, i noticed you live in germantown, md. interestingly, there is a job i am looking into near your location (beltsville), and i'd be interested in what you have to say about the area, as i have never been there. you can email me at ky_warren@yahoo.com, if you have time.

thanks, warren..

08-03-2002, 07:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: warren lushia:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;I don't ruin this for anyone, I have revealed the secrets to know who wins. I wouldn't have done that if I had known there are people like you.

Patrick

<font color=red>"A very high intelligence, a very good body, and natural spiritual abilities all combined makes me the most powerful human that ever lived."</font color=red> <hr></blockquote>

hi patrick, i apologize for the name-calling, that was unnecessary. but, i hope u get my point. complaining doesn't help anyone, and maybe luke will just say forget it in the future when he receives nothing but headaches.

i don't know where u got your information, but the last 64 was seeded based on the players performance in the round robins. this was explained about 100 times. also, the top 16 are seeded in the round robins as well.

and you didn't reveal any "secrets". you gave some magic potion about "biorhythms". i found it interesting that the "biorhythms" coincided with the odds. why didn't you calculate the biorhythms for the lesser players?

the fact is, four of your picks were the top 4 betting favorites as calculated by the oddsmakers. from these top 4, you got 16 of your 20 points. your other pick which got you the remaining points (c.-s. yang) was barely out of the top 8, and has been the number one player in taiwan for a couple of years now. next year he will probably be in the top 8.

so where are these secrets? you got 4 out of 8, same as me and alot of other people. you also got 4 wrong. if you had such great insight, surely you would have gotten all 8. in fact if your other "secret picks" (btw, 2 of your "secret" picks that didn't make it were also top 8) had done better, you would have won the tiebreaker. in fact, your "secrets" were just lucky, as you said it was going to be ralf souquet vs. strickland in the finals.

usually, there are a few surprises in the last 8, this year there was only one (chamat). the other 7 were all favorites, including 5 former world champs (and 2 that will likely be world champs in the near future). THAT is why you even came close.

i find it interesting that every post you make seems to be a self-fufilling prophesy. your "secrets" are brilliant, yet the one you got wrong are the fault of someone else. your correct picks were due to how smart u are, the incorrect picks were due to bad luck. any test that says you are the smartest man alive is a great test, the ones that don't are flawed and stupid. you got problems, kid.

warren..

rackmup
08-03-2002, 07:37 AM
Patrick, Supreme Leader of Wackitopia,

With all due respect to the Supreme Commander, if the Predator BK was that much of a desire, why didn't you simply utilize some of your powers as a leading extra-terrestrial and activate the invisible mode of "de-photon-cellular-degeneration" and simply walk up on each player that could harm your chances of winning and bump their cue?

If this doesn't work, couldn't you simply put the "Spock Hold" on them as they left their hotel rooms, rendering them unconcious, resulting in a forfeiture of their matches?

Or maybe zap them with one of your advanced "moon-ray" guns, or "beam them up" as your mentor, Captain Kirk would have done.

Kid...you lost because you are a combination of three things:

A human being trapped in a HUMAN BEING'S body, you selected your picks based on the same info everyone else had available to them and because quite simply, your grits aren't in the middle of your plate.

A "real" Supreme Ruler would simply hover his spacecraft over Hawley's in Dallas and beam up a new break cue.

Regards,

Ken (feeling a little grumpy this morning)

Patrick
08-03-2002, 10:46 AM
Look what happened in the last 64 draw:
Francisco who was 1st in group 7, played with Imran that was 3rd in group 15!!!
Earl was 1st, he played with Gary Pointing that was 4th, both were in group 15!!!
Johnny was first in group 6, he played with Charlie that was 4th in group 13.
Ralf was last in group 4, he played with Dennis that was first in group 10.
Oliver 1st in 11th group, he played with Steve that was 4th in the same group!!!
Shannon that was 4th in group 9, played with Mika that was first in group 1.
Ching 1st in 12th group, played with Michael that was 4th in group 16.
Cory that was 2nd in group 2, played with Kim Davenport that was 4th in group 1!!!
Niels that was 2nd in group 9, played with Fabio that was 4th in group 3!!!
Tony that was 3rd in group 2, played with Roman that was 4th in group 8!!!
Nick that was 2nd in group 8, played with Sandor that was 4th in group 2!!!

Doesn't this look weird? The one who gets 2nd should play with the 3rd, the one who gets 1st should play with the 4th. I thought the groups next to each other play in the last 64. Then the winner of group 1-8 and 9-16 play in the finals.

I did calculate the biorhythms for the lesser players, you can see it on my site: <a target="_blank" href=http://vp3.0catch.com/biorhythms.htm>http://vp3.0catch.com/biorhythms.htm</a>
I calculated all players that I found their birthdates to.

Patrick

Patrick
08-03-2002, 11:00 AM
I don't want to cheat, and I haven't built up my spiritual abilities yet.

Patrick

08-03-2002, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> Doesn't this look weird? The one who gets 2nd should play with the 3rd, the one who gets 1st should play with the 4th. I thought the groups next to each other play in the last 64. Then the winner of group 1-8 and 9-16 play in the finals.

I did calculate the biorhythms for the lesser players, you can see it on my site: <a target="_blank" href=http://vp3.0catch.com/biorhythms.htm>http://vp3.0catch.com/biorhythms.htm</a>
I calculated all players that I found their birthdates to.

Patrick
<hr></blockquote>

no it doesn't look weird because that is not how the seedings were calculated. they were based on individual performance, regardless of what group the player was in. oliver ortmann got the number one seed because he performed the best of all 128 players. steve knight got the 64 seed because he had the worse performance of all those who made it to the last 64. 1 plays 64, 2 plays 63, 3 plays 62, and so on. its really not that complicated. perhaps your iq isn't as high as you think.

and your biorhythm data makes no sense either, because you didn't pick the top 8 as suggested by your "data". and of the 3 "powerhouse" biorhythm picks (daulton, soquet, and strickland) only one of them made it past the last 32. it just so happens earl strickland (who was the 3rd or fourth favorite regardless of any witchcraft nonsense) won it all. 1 for 3 doesn't seem like you revealed any "secret" to me.

the fact is you "picked" the 4 favorites which accounted for 16 of your 20 points. how is this a "secret"? supposedly you can't find ching-shun yang's birthday (it's on the players profiles) which accounts for your last 4 points, apparently not picked because of your "secret" biorhythms (they are based on a person's birthday i guess). there was no "secret". you got lucky because this year it happened that most of the last 8 were favorites.

warren..

Patrick
08-04-2002, 11:49 AM
Last year Mika Immonen and Ralf Souquet had the highest biorhythms of them all.
The players profiles were not on the world pool championship site when I made the calculations, I had to find the birthdays elsewhere.
You only make the IQ jokes because yours is too low, lets see when my score report comes.

Patrick

Warren_Lushia
08-04-2002, 11:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> Last year Mika Immonen and Ralf Souquet had the highest biorhythms of them all.
The players profiles were not on the world pool championship site when I made the calculations, I had to find the birthdays elsewhere.
You only make the IQ jokes because yours is too low, lets see when my score report comes.

Patrick <hr></blockquote>

patrick, ralf souquet also had the highest (or close) "biorhythms" this year and he didn't make it out of the last 64. the whole thing is a crock. i don't doubt biorhythms exist (i am a biologist) but i also don't think that a website can tell you anyone's "biorhythms" based on a person's birthday. my arguement is that you did not reveal any secret, and your methodology and reasoning are flawed.

as far as my iq goes, i still have not figured out your obsession with this, there are far better things to spend your time on. and all of those online "iq" tests are bogus. i know my true iq, and i also have SAT and ACT scores which would allow me to join most of those high iq societies, RIGHT NOW (meaning its already been accomplished, not a goal i'm striving for, in fact it never was). but those things are silly. and that is why i also know those online tests are bogus because i always test WAY higher than my real iq.

a funny story -- a while back, a bunch of us at alt.sport.pool did an online iq test such as the ones u describe. guess what? every person tested as a genius, every one!! we all got a good chuckle out of it.

i don't doubt you are reasonably smart, in fact i would not be surprised if your true iq is significantly higher than mine. i doubt it, but it really wouldn't surprise me. but most of your claims are greatly exaggerated. why not focus on something more positive?

warren..

Patrick
08-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Paul Cooijmans IQ tests are REAL tests that cost MONEY!! They are old tests that were not even put online until a couple of years ago!
The free online self scoring tests score way too high, I have got over 200 on those.
Self scoring online tests can't be used to qualify for high IQ societies! You need to make a real test. I would never do a free IQ test online, I knew a very long time ago that they are fake!
I would never do an IQ test if you can't qualify for a high IQ society with the test!! It would be a waste of time!
The only reason I did the IQ test is to qualify for a high IQ society to prove to everyone.
All tests that are timed are bad, you need very difficult questions that will take days. If you get easy questions anyone can solve them!! Like in online IQ tests! Anyone can get the maximum score!
For that SAT test you need knowledge, it is not a fair measure of intelligence.
You are just jealous of me, this is why you harass.

Patrick

Warren_Lushia
08-05-2002, 01:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> Paul Cooijmans IQ tests are REAL tests that cost MONEY!! They are old tests that were not even put online until a couple of years ago!
The free online self scoring tests score way too high, I have got over 200 on those.
Self scoring online tests can't be used to qualify for high IQ societies! You need to make a real test. I would never do a free IQ test online, I knew a very long time ago that they are fake!
I would never do an IQ test if you can't qualify for a high IQ society with the test!! It would be a waste of time!
The only reason I did the IQ test is to qualify for a high IQ society to prove to everyone.
All tests that are timed are bad, you need very difficult questions that will take days. If you get easy questions anyone can solve them!! Like in online IQ tests! Anyone can get the maximum score!

the tests u speak of ARE NOT REAL IQ TESTS. i am sorry patrick, but they are not. there are several factors that must be taken into consideration. firstly, a "true" iq test is always dependent on age, that is a vital factor in the whole equation. it is a "quotient" after all, being roughly mental age (divided by) actual age. that is why adult iq tests become irrelevant. they may even measure intelligence, but not iq. there is a difference.

second, time must always play a factor. anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence can score artificially high if there is no time factor involved, meaning they can take as much time as they want. this should be obvious.

if someone wants to put a supposed "iq" test online and charge money, it doesn't make it legitimate.

i already told you patrick, i have evidence RIGHT NOW of qualifications for many of these silly "societies". and unlike the ones you spend a month working on, they are REAL and LEGITIMATE. but, who cares anyway?

and, you previously posted a certificate of sorts of an online "iq" test of numbers which you claimed required an iq of at least 140. i did that test and it was so incredibly easy it was ridiculous, it takes about 3 minutes, yet they give you unlimited time. this test doesn't qualify you for any iq society, yet you took it, payed for it (lol), posted it on here, and then say you would never do such a thing?! you are a basket case of contradictions.

and lastly, most of these "high iq" societies are a crock anyway. they are trying to scam people into feelings of self worth for the most part. i suppose if you like i could list the societies i "qualify" for at this moment (meaning, the ones i have actual acceptable proof) and you could do the same. your imagination doesn't count. btw, i bet i know at least 2 others (although i'm sure there are more) on the ccb who can and have equaled or beaten any score i have, yet i am supposed to be like 99.5% (and that is using REAL scores not the fake online ones!) that is another reason i think the whole thing is exaggerated, even the REAL scores (which you don't have). i can name 10 people i work with who i am sure have a higher iq than mine!

warren..

PS -- the more and more u take these fake iq tests, the results become even less accurate -- a true "intelligence" test doesn't account for people (or aliens) practicing.

bluewolf
08-05-2002, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> Paul Cooijmans IQ tests are REAL tests that cost MONEY!! They are old tests that were not even put online until a couple of years ago!

well patrick, i dont know anything about the test you are speaking of, but if it was a spatial test, that is only one aspect of intelligence. i have yet to see an iq test that did not have some kind of bias, however.

i never took a test to get into a society. i feel like i know pretty well what my intelligence is. i dont worry too much about it and it does not bother me that there are some that are smarter.i dont give out my approximate iq, however cuz i dont want to make anybody feel bad or think i am arrogant.

also i do think i am above average in almost all areas of intelligence but am only brilliant in certain aspects.

at this point, my intelligence does not make me a better pool player. regardless, i still have to go thru the grunt part of mastering control over my technique, which takes a certain amount of time.i cant get from point a to point b but so fast because there are physical factors related to my coordination level, stroke and other techniques.

i do think my intelligence enables me to understand the concepts of the mental aspects of pools, but my body still has to catch up.

i do think it is possible to be jeolous of a person's intelligence just like it is possible to be jeolous of another person's pool playing ability,it is kind of different though because intelligence is something you are born with. whatever my intelligence is, i did nothing to earn it,it was given to me. it is kind of fixed in the sense that i am as intelligent as i am and that is not going to change. in pool, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. i can see that if i work hard at it, practice and have an open mind to listen to the ideas of others then there is no reason i cannot be an excellent pool player. i just need to be patient and keep working at it.

when someone says something and another has an angry reaction to it, this requires a certain amount of self awareness to see why i am angry. in the same way, if others are constantly being angry at me, i need to look at that too, in terms of how i am coming across.

one thing i have observed though.when a person appears to be arrogant, another arrogant person gets the most angry. a non arrogant person is not bothered by arrogance.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-05-2002, 08:28 AM
I have a close friend who took an iq test and qualified for the 'mensa' society. now this woman was told she was stupid and other things as a child,she felt that she was intelligent and it was obvious to all her friends, but she had all this negative tapes from childhood playing in her mind. she did need proof and getting that score helped her self-esteem.

on the other hand, i grew up being told i was intelligent. so i dont feel a need for scores. i know which areas i am brilliant in and which i am just above average and have to work on.

i do agree with patrick on one thing about timed tests. timed tests do not test intelligence, they test speed of processing.that is why, say on the wechsler tests,a person with slower processing speed can score quite genius in the untimed parts and not as intelligent on the timed parts.

i could get into statistics here and burst everyones bubble. norming of iq tests is based on faulty statistics. they use parametric statistics on non-parametric data.
so the scores are not carved in stone, they cannnot be taken to the bank.some iq tests seem to reflect a person's true intelligence but they do not reflect the intelligence of others. not only are the statistics used faulty, but there are things on IQ tests which have nothing to do with intelligence and other factors of intelligence which are not tested and cannot be tested.

bluewolf

Patrick
08-05-2002, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> and, you previously posted a certificate of sorts of an online "iq" test of numbers which you claimed required an iq of at least 140. i did that test and it was so incredibly easy it was ridiculous, it takes about 3 minutes, yet they give you unlimited time. this test doesn't qualify you for any iq society, yet you took it, payed for it (lol), posted it on here, and then say you would never do such a thing?! you are a basket case of contradictions.
<hr></blockquote>The numbers test was for FREE 3 months ago, otherwise it cost $5, half of his tests were for free in a month period, that's why I did the test, I didn't have time to do the harder tests, so I chose the easiest test, because I wanted a 100% score. The test doesn't take 3 minutes, it takes 30 minutes or more.
His hard tests takes many weeks to complete.
Why do you keep on lying to people to make them think that I am wrong?

Patrick

Patrick
08-05-2002, 10:55 AM
I just discovered that you need spatial IQ for pool. In the spatial IQ test you need to rotate objects in your mind, in pool you need to know how the balls rotate. Now I know why the rotation of the balls are so easy for me to understand.

Patrick

Patrick
08-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Knowledge is not intelligence. I score very low on verbal IQ tests, because I don't have knowledge about what words mean. The only good IQ test is one where you don't need any knowledge in. Spatial test is the best, you only know that you need to turn the objects around, you don't need knowledge for it, and you can't practice much for it. The only thing that is bad is that you can get all answers right if someone gives them to you.
IQ measure should be something like in pool. In chess you can be the best if someone tells you what move to make. In pool if someone tells you to position the cueball there, they can't do it because they need skill to control the cueball.

Patrick

Eric.
08-05-2002, 01:25 PM
In America, this is a decades old IQ question that has never been answered. Maybe, Patrick, you can solve this:

How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck,
If a Woodchuck could chuck wood?

You can let me know when you figure it out.

Eric &gt;still wondering

bluewolf
08-05-2002, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> Knowledge is not intelligence. I score very low on verbal IQ tests, because I don't have knowledge about what words mean. The only good IQ test is one where you don't need any knowledge in. Spatial test is the best, you only know that you need to turn the objects around, you don't need knowledge for it, and you can't practice much for it. The only thing that is bad is that you can get all answers right if someone gives them to you.
IQ measure should be something like in pool. In chess you can be the best if someone tells you what move to make. In pool if someone tells you to position the cueball there, they can't do it because they need skill to control the cueball.

Patrick,

i score high on verbal iq especially the abstract reasoning part. but i have know many brilliant people who score low on verbal iq. i score moderately well on spatial tests. it is not my best area. i can learn how the balls spin by asking questions and because i have intelligence i know what questions to ask, but there are entire groups of people that are difficult if not impossible to measure their intelligence. being brilliant in spatial skills is brilliant. being brilliant in abstract reasoning is brilliant and there are other ways to be brilliant. but i do agree that having brilliance in spatial skills might make pool concepts such as the way the balls spin appear easy to you

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-05-2002, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr> In America, this is a decades old IQ question that has never been answered. Maybe, Patrick, you can solve this:

Answer: as little as posible

bluewolf

Eric &gt;still wondering <hr></blockquote>

Patrick
08-05-2002, 04:22 PM
I don't even know what those words mean. I will guess.
Answer: As much wood as there is.

Patrick

heater451
08-05-2002, 05:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr> In America, this is a decades old IQ question that has never been answered. Maybe, Patrick, you can solve this:

Eric &gt;still wondering <hr></blockquote>As much wood, as a woodchuck would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

==================

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 06:42 AM
Now that I think about it, a spatial iq test is the ONLY accurate IQ test for those with a language processing problem or language interpretation problem. This includes asbergers, language impaired learning disability and central auditory processing disorder.

this does not mean that there arent other aspects of intelligence, just that for these folks, it is the only way to find out how intelligent they are.

for those without language impairment, a more global test seems better, although as i said all iq tests are based on faulty statistics, so should only be seen as an approximate assessment of that person's ability, unless of course they have other aspects of intelligence not tested.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 06:47 AM
common warren,

the statistics you gave brag of 145+ which would probably translate into 150 or more. it looks like patrick isnt the only one who is bragging about his intelligence.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font the whole thing is a crock. i don't doubt biorhythms exist (i am a biologist) but i also don't think that a website can tell you anyone's "biorhythms" based on a person's birthday. warren.. <hr></blockquote>

warren,

you are a biologist? what do you mean by that? do you mean you have a phd?

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 07:01 AM
now what does molecular biology have to do with biorhythms. these type of tests are typically run by either md neurologists or phd level neuro phychologists.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 07:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Patrick:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Last year Mika Immonen and Ralf Souquet had the highest biorhythms of them all.

Patrick &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

patrick, ralf souquet also had the highest (or close) "biorhythms" this year and he didn't make it out of the last 64. the whole thing is a crock. i don't doubt biorhythms exist (i am a biologist) but i also don't think that a website can tell you anyone's "biorhythms" based on a person's birthday. my arguement is that you did not reveal any secret, and your methodology and reasoning are flawed.

as far as my iq goes, i still have not figured out your obsession with this, there are far better things to spend your time on. and all of those online "iq" tests are bogus. i know my true iq, and i also have SAT and ACT scores which would allow me to join most of those high iq societies, RIGHT NOW (meaning its already been accomplished, not a goal i'm striving for, in fact it never was). but those things are silly. and that is why i also know those online tests are bogus because i always test WAY higher than my real iq.

a funny story -- a while back, a bunch of us at alt.sport.pool did an online iq test such as the ones u describe. guess what? every person tested as a genius, every one!! we all got a good chuckle out of it.

i don't doubt you are reasonably smart, in fact i would not be surprised if your true iq is significantly higher than mine. i doubt it, but it really wouldn't surprise me. but most of your claims are greatly exaggerated. why not focus on something more positive?

warren.. <hr></blockquote>

biorhytms are calculated by a complex series of physical measurements.

my online biorythm was totally inaccurate. it said i was high physically when i was sick, it said i was low when i was feeling good. it said i was high emotionally when my emotions were lousy, it said i was low on emotions when i felt the best. it said i was low and high intellectually when my intellect is constant, it is fixed.

bluewolf

NH_Steve
08-06-2002, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> Now that I think about it, a spatial iq test is the ONLY accurate IQ test for those with a language processing problem or language interpretation problem. This includes asbergers, language impaired learning disability and central auditory processing disorder.

this does not mean that there arent other aspects of intelligence, just that for these folks, it is the only way to find out how intelligent they are.

for those without language impairment, a more global test seems better, although as i said all iq tests are based on faulty statistics, so should only be seen as an approximate assessment of that person's ability, unless of course they have other aspects of intelligence not tested.

bluewolf
<hr></blockquote>Patrick may indeed be a wicked smart guy, and if so, he clearly proves that there is little correlation between intelligence and common sense, nor between intelligence and social skills -- unless they are in fact inversely proportionate /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ! Like you appear to be aluding to, Bluewolf, there are a lot of different kinds of smarts and other talents -- besides IQ test smarts -- and it obviously is very frustrating to Patrick that people he thinks are soooo inferior are actually better at many things than he is /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif .

Eric.
08-06-2002, 07:23 AM
Thanks man!

Eric &gt;can rest easy now

Patrick
08-06-2002, 01:47 PM
You only need spatial IQ in higher planes of existence.
If you speak many languages, they are worth nothing if you move to another country.
Same with verbal IQ, it is worthless in higher planes because there we communicate with thought.
I only speak 3 and a half languages, english is my best language which is very bad.

Patrick

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> You only need spatial IQ in higher planes of existence.
If you speak many languages, they are worth nothing if you move to another country.
Same with verbal IQ, it is worthless in higher planes because there we communicate with thought.
I only speak 3 and a half languages, english is my best language.

it is true that in higher planes we only communicate with thought. since i have had many telepathic experiences i believe someone who can operate on this plane transcends iq either verbal or spatial. it is living in the higher realm of consciousness such that communication with all beings, especially those no longer in the body,is possible

when you physically see a spirit from another realm, they are seen psychically and when they speak to you, they speak to you telepathically

bluewolf

Warren_Lushia
08-06-2002, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:

my online biorythm was totally inaccurate. it said i was high physically when i was sick, it said i was low when i was feeling good. it said i was high emotionally when my emotions were lousy, it said i was low on emotions when i felt the best. it said i was low and high intellectually when my intellect is constant, it is fixed.

bluewolf <hr></blockquote>

thank you. now, can you please explain this to patrick?

warren..

Warren_Lushia
08-06-2002, 04:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> now what does molecular biology have to do with biorhythms. these type of tests are typically run by either md neurologists or phd level neuro phychologists.

i'm sure there are molecular biology projects in the area, but why are you bringing this up? who said molecular biology had to do with biorhythms? what does this have to do with my contention that patrick's "secret" was a load of crap? your own research agrees with me.

warren..

Warren_Lushia
08-06-2002, 04:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Warren_Lushia:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &amp;lt;blockquote&amp;gt;&amp;lt;font the whole thing is a crock. i don't doubt biorhythms exist (i am a biologist) but i also don't think that a website can tell you anyone's "biorhythms" based on a person's birthday. warren.. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

warren,

i mean exactly what i said. i didn't go into specifics because my c.v. isn't really relevant. i mean the same thing as when someone says they are a truck driver (does that mean he drives a mack?) or an accountant (does that mean he calculates someones personal taxes?) or an engineer (does that mean he works on the space shuttle?). it is the general field in which i work. my only contention was that as someone who has general knowledge in the field, i don't doubt biorhythms exist (just like i said) but you can't get them from a website by typing in someones birthday. do you disagree with this?

warren..

08-06-2002, 04:49 PM

bluewolf

bluewolf perhaps you do not know your correct date of birth

cheesemouse
08-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Bluewolf,
I think Patrick communicated with me cause I found myself racking the balls and then standing at the break end with out a cue; I couldn't get the balls to open. I guess I need some work on the tele-kinetics. Just kidding....... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bluewolf
08-07-2002, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> Bluewolf,
I think Patrick communicated with me cause I found myself racking the balls and then standing at the break end with out a cue; I couldn't get the balls to open. I guess I need some work on the tele-kinetics. Just kidding....... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

LOL. it is easier to talk with spirits than real people cuz spirits hear everything you say but real people mix up what you say even if they are listening. and real people have these things called filters which make understanding hard, but then that is another topic. in other words, communication on this side is a b***h.&lt;g&gt;

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-07-2002, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Warren_Lushia:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &amp;lt;blockquote&amp;gt;&amp;lt;font the whole thing is a crock. i don't doubt biorhythms exist (i am a biologist) but i also don't think that a website can tell you anyone's "biorhythms" based on a person's birthday. warren.. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

warren,

bluewolf &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

i mean exactly what i said. i didn't go into specifics because my c.v. isn't really relevant. i mean the same thing as when someone says they are a truck driver (does that mean he drives a mack?) or an accountant (does that mean he calculates someones personal taxes?) or an engineer (does that mean he works on the space shuttle?). it is the general field in which i work. my only contention was that as someone who has general knowledge in the field, i don't doubt biorhythms exist (just like i said) but you can't get them from a website by typing in someones birthday. do you disagree with this?

warren..

<hr></blockquote>

getting bios off the web is like getting your sun sign and thinking that is all about you in astrology. real astrology has 12 planets and 12 houses and aspects and the amt of earth, air, fire and water you have and which houses the planets are in, the sun sign is only one planet.

i have a degree in biology but do not call myself a biologist.however, i did take additional training as a medical technologist and do call myself that because i have the certification. most people i know who call themself biologists are phds. in the same way, people who call themselves psychologists are phds and licensed or have a post grad degree in school psychology and licensure in which case they are school psychologists. accounting and engineering are thought of differently, if they have phds, they are usually university professors or involved in research. some phd biologists and psychologists are in research too.as far as truck drivers go, everyone knows that they have a special license for driving a big truck and in many cases special training from the company they work for. while many of them may have college degrees or post grad degrees, it is not a requirement so is irrelevant to the title 'truck driver'

bluewolf

Warren_Lushia
08-07-2002, 08:52 AM
so what requirements are needed for one to called themself a biologist, based on your criteria? to me, a biologist is quite general, as it was intended to be for this forum. what evidence would you like to see? if you make it more clear to me, i can more clearly define whether i meet your definition of "biologist" or not.

warren..&lt;-- possibly a biologist

bluewolf
08-07-2002, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:

thank you. now, can you please explain this to patrick?

LOL. how do i say this? looking at my bio online and being able to see its inaccuracies required me to be in touch with my feelings, my physical body and my intellect and know where i have been in each of these for the last two weeks.

my husband read his too and i do not think he analyzed his the way i did. i tend to analyze everything, especially myself,my motives and my emotions.for instance, if i become angry at something someone said, i have to ask myself what is going on within me that i allowed them to set me off that way. i dont do it perfectly, sometimes i just react but i do look at myself immediately or later.

patrick has his own ideas.young people frequently try out new ideas. this is what makes them stimulating and refreshing. there is a newness to them that we old foggies who have become somewhat cynical with time do not have &lt;G&gt;

it is good to hear the ideas of young adults, especially young brilliant adults. it reminds us of areas in which we have become too narrow minded and tells us to be more openminded and consider new ideas.to me, new ideas are stimulating as are brilliant minds.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-07-2002, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> my online biorythm was totally inaccurate. it said i was high physically when i was sick, it said i was low when i was feeling good. it said i was high emotionally when my emotions were lousy, it said i was low on emotions when i felt the best. it said i was low and high intellectually when my intellect is constant, it is fixed.

bluewolf

bluewolf perhaps you do not know your correct date of birth <hr></blockquote>

that is funny &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-07-2002, 09:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; now what does molecular biology have to do with biorhythms. these type of tests are typically run by either md neurologists or phd level neuro phychologists.

i'm sure there are molecular biology projects in the area, but why are you bringing this up? who said molecular biology had to do with biorhythms? what does this have to do with my contention that patrick's "secret" was a load of crap? your own research agrees with me.

yep. i dont take much at face value. i investigate first before deciding what i think or believe.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-07-2002, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> so what requirements are needed for one to called themself a biologist, based on your criteria? to me, a biologist is quite general, as it was intended to be for this forum. what evidence would you like to see? if you make it more clear to me, i can more clearly define whether i meet your definition of "biologist" or not.

warren..&lt;-- possibly a biologist <hr></blockquote>

ROFL. one of my flaws. just cant resist a little light bantaring or playing 'devils advocate' from time to time.

bluewolf

Warren_Lushia
08-07-2002, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Warren_Lushia:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; so what requirements are needed for one to called themself a biologist, based on your criteria? to me, a biologist is quite general, as it was intended to be for this forum. what evidence would you like to see? if you make it more clear to me, i can more clearly define whether i meet your definition of "biologist" or not.

warren..&amp;lt;-- possibly a biologist &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

ROFL. one of my flaws. just cant resist a little light bantaring or playing 'devils advocate' from time to time.

ok fine, are we trying to bring this to a new level of abstractness to alienate as many people as possible? i asked a simple question, what do you want to know. i added "why". so i ask you again? lemme guess, your "degree" in biology is a liberal arts degree?

warren..&lt;-- if anyone wants an answer to a real science question i may be available

Voodoo Daddy
08-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Ok...I'll bite. What in the BLUE F*CK is a "half language". I'm sure its Klingon, Orken or some outer space dribble. I'm crying from laughter Patrick, thanks for cracking me up...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! {Voodoo shakes his head in disbelief}

Patrick
08-07-2002, 10:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Ok...I'll bite. What in the BLUE F*CK is a "half language". I'm sure its Klingon, Orken or some outer space dribble. I'm crying from laughter Patrick, thanks for cracking me up...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! {Voodoo shakes his head in disbelief} <hr></blockquote>It is spanish, I learnt it in school, I understand almost nothing when I see spanish text. I can only make basic sentences. Hola seņor, me llamo Patrick y yo tengo diecinueve aņos.

Patrick

Voodoo Daddy
08-08-2002, 05:23 AM
Well, in that case. "Buenos dias, Patrick, mi llamos Estaban. Patricio, campion del mundo de carombolla e billiar? Es tu loco de los cabasa"...HAHAHAHAHA in my worst spanish...one of many languages I cant speak or spell...HAHAHAHAHA!!

bluewolf
08-08-2002, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Ok...I'll bite. What in the BLUE F*CK is a "half language". I'm sure its Klingon, Orken or some outer space dribble. I'm crying from laughter Patrick, thanks for cracking me up...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! {Voodoo shakes his head in disbelief} <hr></blockquote>

LOL. I too wondered which language was Patrick's half language.

bluewolf

Eric.
08-08-2002, 08:35 AM
Actually Voodoo, I think 3 cushion is the only thing Patrick isn't a "Champion" at. At least for now. Remember-LSD tweeks a teenage boy's mind. Gotta cut Great Gazoo,Jr. a little slack!

Eric &gt;used to be able to fly

SPetty
08-08-2002, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>"Buenos dias, Patrick, mi llamos Estaban. Patricio, campion del mundo de carombolla e billiar? Es tu loco de los cabasa"<hr></blockquote>Babelfish translation:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: http://world.altavista.com :</font><hr>Good day, Patrick, my llamos Were. Patricio, campion of the world of carombolla and to billiar? He is your crazy person of cabasa.<hr></blockquote>Looks like your Spanish might be worse than you thought!

Patrick
08-08-2002, 03:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr>Actually Voodoo, I think 3 cushion is the only thing Patrick isn't a "Champion" at. At least for now. Remember-LSD tweeks a teenage boy's mind. Gotta cut Great Gazoo,Jr. a little slack!

Eric &gt;used to be able to fly <hr></blockquote>I will take some 3 cushion world titles just for fun. But I don't like the game, it is very limited. The snooker world title is harder to take, but the game is very limited. Pool is the least limited of the games but you need a lot luck to win the 9-ball world title, unless you win the lag and run out the match every time. But the lag is luck because of the inconsistent table, you can't get frozen to the rail unless the table is perfect or you can predict imperfections. The break is a lot luck too.
A more fair way is alternate breaks, then at least you know you will come to the table many times in the match.

Patrick

08-08-2002, 04:52 PM
bluewolf perhaps you do not know your correct date of birth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is funny &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

OMG bluewolf is a female. Women never reveal their correct age. For an accurate bio reading you must enter your correct date of birth. Any other date of birth will always give a false reading. Understand bluewolf?

Voodoo Daddy
08-08-2002, 05:52 PM
Billiards is limited? Your a moron....unreal &lt;Voodoo shakes his head&gt;

bluewolf
08-08-2002, 07:05 PM
OMG bluewolf is a female. Women never reveal their correct age. For an accurate bio reading you must enter your correct date of birth. Any other date of birth will always give a false reading. Understand bluewolf? [/quote

I will tell anybody my age because i am told i look younger &lt;G&gt;

but then maybe they all tell the old womwn that LOL

bluewolf

Patrick
08-08-2002, 10:31 PM
In billiards you only have 3 balls, there is not much you can do with 3 balls, you also almost always need to use a lot side spin.
In snooker there are more balls but in snooker you don't need to use side spin.
In pool you can do both, you can create different games in pool. In snooker you only have one game that the pros play.
If you add another set of balls to snooker, where will you place them, the spots are already occupied. In pool you can just make the triangle bigger or make two racks of balls.
There is much you can do in pool.

Patrick

Vagabond
09-05-2002, 08:49 AM
Hi Patrick,
I did not care for it because it does not have holes.
vagabond

bluewolf
09-05-2002, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vagabond:</font><hr> Hi Patrick,
I did not care for it because it does not have holes.
vagabond <hr></blockquote>

HUH???? this is an old thread so have no clue what this is referring to.

bluewolf

Rod
09-05-2002, 09:12 AM
I take it you haven't seen a billiard table?

bluewolf
09-05-2002, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> I take it you haven't seen a billiard table? <hr></blockquote>

i cant read through all the posts to see which one you are referring too, but other than in a billiard movie, i have just seen the ones with pockets, 7,8 and 9.

bluewolf

NH_Steve
09-05-2002, 02:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rod:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I take it you haven't seen a billiard table? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

i cant read through all the posts to see which one you are referring too, but other than in a billiard movie, i have just seen the ones with pockets, 7,8 and 9.

bluewolf <hr></blockquote>I used to work in a college rec room with 8 pool tables &amp; one billiard table, it was very difficult for me to watch as neophytes brought the pool balls over to the billiard table, then maybe racked the balls, before noticing with bewilderment that there were no pockets. Sometimes I felt bad for them &amp; warned them off before the embarrassment /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
09-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Man this things got small pockets, I can't find them!/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif