PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Tips

Edd
12-05-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm considering having a Moori Medium installed on my 314-2 shaft. However, was wondering what folks thought of the Kamui. Any significant differences? Or, are there other choices I should consider? I am barely an intermediate player.
Also, one website recommends neither scuffing nor shaping the Moori, rather just keeping it moistened and burnsished. If this is true, how do you keep a dime crown on it?

Rich R.
12-05-2007, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Edd:</font><hr> I'm considering having a Moori Medium installed on my 314-2 shaft. However, was wondering what folks thought of the Kamui. Any significant differences? Or, are there other choices I should consider? I am barely an intermediate player.

<font color="red">I haven't tried the Kamui tips, so I won't comment. </font color>

Also, one website recommends neither scuffing nor shaping the Moori, rather just keeping it moistened and burnsished. If this is true, how do you keep a dime crown on it?
<font color="red">I have been using Moori tips, for a number of years. I scuff and shape them, as needed. They don't need it as much as some other tips, but I believe they do need it.
Of course, you will find some who never scuff or shape a tip, regardless of the type. I guess it is more of a personal thing. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

DeadCrab
12-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I have been playing with a Moori medium for about 9 months and it has held it's shape very well. I have not had to touch it.

Should note that I do not break with it.

Deeman3
12-05-2007, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
Of course, you will find some who never scuff or shape a tip, regardless of the type. I guess it is more of a personal thing.

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I love playing guys who never scruff or shape their tip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>