PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cues ?? Opinions ?

stikapos
12-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Goodness Gracious! Normally, the infamous Portugeuse saying applies well here ("buy cheap, buy twice"), but I've always been a sucker for making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so here goes.....on Ebay, there are a couple of Adam cues for a reasonable price. They look to be made old style with real points and a Southwest 3/8x11 pin. I have a Chet Krick with the same pin...very stiff. Anyone own one of these ? Opinion ?? I'm thinking for under $500, I can have a predator or an OB-1 done up with matching ring work. Might be something looks good and plays well for relatively cheap money ????

tim /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman3
12-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I have an original Adams from 1969 but have not hit with a newer one. I'd be interested to know how the newer ones play as well. My old one is great but I don't use it anymore.

JPB
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Don't know about the new ones. As I understand it the better ones are made in Japan and the cheaper ones made in China. A made in Japan Adams is a good production cue. I had one a while back and stupidly sold it. Dead solid for $100. I should have kept it and put a better wrap on it, that's all. That was a while ago though.