PDA

View Full Version : TAP League

steve617
12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I have never shot in a pool league and I spoke to an old friend who plays in a league sanctioned by TAP. He says he likes it the best that it is computerized and a lot of varibles goes in on the rankings. Just wondering if any of you all are familar with this type of league.

Thanks

Steve

Tony_in_MD
12-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, I play in an 8 ball TAP league. Used to play in APA 8 and 9 ball.

I have found for the most part that TAP handicaps are 1 to 2 skill levels below APA. Where APA score sheets mark innings, defensive shots, wins/loss 8 ball break and 8 ball break and run, TAP score sheets include Balls made/missed, Balls made on break, defensive shots, balls left on table. Wins/losses, 8 ball break and 8 ball break and run. I am probably missing something here but on the whole the TAP scoresheets are more comprehensive.

I believe the additional items on the scoresheet, attribute to the skill level differences I see in the APA vs TAP. I also believe that because TAP handicaps are done nationally, with little to no influence by the local league operators, that also accounts for differences in handicaps between APA and TAP.