PDA

View Full Version : Action in Manhattan

07-31-2002, 12:12 PM
Where are the top places for good action in Manhattan? Would appreciate any leads.

:Give me enough weight and we'll play for your house:

Doctor_D
07-31-2002, 12:19 PM
Good afternoon:

You might want to check out...

Amsterdam West
Amsterdam Avenue Between 76th and 77th Streets

Amsterdam East
86th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues

Corner Billiards
4th Avenue & 11th Street

Dr. D.

07-31-2002, 12:30 PM
How about Broadway Billiards, Dr. D? Is that still any good?

Retardo
07-31-2002, 12:52 PM
That is the main action place now but its small time compared to the rest of the country and the clientele is not real upscale. In fact you probably wont find anyone there with a job.

DEADSTOKE32
08-02-2002, 08:56 AM
HAY WHO NEEDS A JOB IF YOU CAN GET PAYED FROM PLAYING POOL ?
WITH OUT SOMEONE BACKIN YOU .AND YOU HAVE YOUR OWN MONEY 2 PLAY WITH.AND IN UPSCALE POOL ROOM YOU CAN REALY GAMBLE BECAUSE THAY R UPSCALE.DID YOU SEE THE TABLE TIME .9,10 DOLLARS AN HR PER PERSON .AND WHO WIN? THE HOUSE .SO YOU KEEP UPSCALE AND COME DOWN TOWN.AND PLAY ALL DAY AND YOU NOT WORKING 2 WIN JUST 2 PAY THE TABLE TIME OR BREAK EVEN...
GET THE CASH AND STILL HAVE SOME 2 GET SOME THING 2 EAT..
HOLLA
DEAESTROKE32.50/50....

08-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Well,... it may not be the best place to play, it's not the most stylish place to be, but when it comes down to it, the action is there. I will agree though that action is also in those other rooms mentioned previously, but just a reminder that Broadway Billiards is the only 24 hr. poolhall in Manhattan right now.
---There's nothing better than 24 hr. action!
I was there Wednesday and there was action... there should be some tonight as well. (Friday) I guess I'll find out later!

Snooky

08-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Here's a question...

**Wouldn't you agree that's not the only poolhall that you might find someone without a job?

--I don't think that should really be the point... Job or No job, there's still action.... and "Backers" too.

Not to lash out or anything
(being humble)--No beef,... Just fact.

Snooky

Retardo
08-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Not someone without a job-Everybody without a job!

I was just trying to paint the most accurate picture of the clientele in the fewest words. I didnt want him to think he could steal a few sets from some Advertising Exec stopping by after work.

Pool and gambling better be your main focus in life if your going to have a chance to make a score in that place.

08-02-2002, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SNOOKY_NYC:</font><hr> Well,... it may not be the best place to play, it's not the most stylish place to be, but when it comes down to it, the action is there. I will agree though that action is also in those other rooms mentioned previously, but just a reminder that Broadway Billiards is the only 24 hr. poolhall in Manhattan right now.
---There's nothing better than 24 hr. action!
I was there Wednesday and there was action... there should be some tonight as well. (Friday) I guess I'll find out later!

Snooky <hr></blockquote>

Di? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

08-02-2002, 03:26 PM
I wasn't mocking you for what you said... well at least not in a harsh way... forgive me if you may have taken it to heart.
--I didn't exactly say, or try to give an impression that B'way Billiards was "ACTION CENTRAL" but the question to which we all answered to was where is the action in Manhattan. It had nothing to do with wheather anyone had a job or not. It's true that many may not have a job, but it's not true that all don't. I didn't say that going to B'way billiards was going to make someone wealthy. My comment was to advise the person asking, that there was action at B'way and that's all.
--For all we know, this person may have just wanted to find a place to go "sweat" some of the matches. They didn't specify that they wanted the action, or that they were going to come and sidebet.

-- You see, in my last reply to you, I said that I was being humble.
--I wasn't jumping down your throat with all this and still don't believe I am. All I did was provide an answer to a post. That's all.

HUMBLY yours,
Snooky

08-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Yes anonymous... but who are you?