PDA

View Full Version : My leader Gayle

DickLeonard
12-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I have had correspondence with Gayle and she sends Holiday Greetings to her old friends. She would also like to thank the boys from AZB for making her withdrawal from the CCB a painless effort. Love to All #### her faithful follower

bamadog
12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Glad to help.

Drop1
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Dick,tell Gayle it would be great to have her posting,and part of the forum. Regarding the boys from AZB,they both suffer from LWW Referential Mania. In LWW cases,the patient imagines everything happening around him,is a veiled refrence to his personality and existence. He excludes real people from the the conspiracy--because he considers himself to be so much more intelligent than other men. However regarding the elements of Creation,everything is a cipher and of everything he is the theme. There is no cure,and with the proliferation of Cyber Forums,more cases of this rare condition are becoming evident,extending to common household dogs. See:"Vladimir Nabokov."

Quote LWW "What are we"?

bamadog
12-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Like all liberals, Gayle suffered from an allergy to facts.
As long as there were none presented, or expected, in a debate, she was comfortable.
When they became part of the currency, she ran.

hondo
12-11-2007, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Like all liberals, Gayle suffered from an allergy to facts.
As long as there were none presented, or expected, in a debate, she was comfortable.
When they became part of the currency, she ran. <hr /></blockquote>

As did your buddy?

DickLeonard
12-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Bamadog we are still waiting for facts. Say somthing that is true please. She wrote War and Peace answering your two liners, it was obvious your brains could not comprehend facts so why waste her time.

A fact that I have realized to.####

bamadog
12-11-2007, 10:45 AM
The TRUTH is, you have run from every thread in which your tenuous hold on the facts was about to be exposed.

btw, If you think that Gayle was writing the truth, then why could, neither you, nor her, back it up?

Gayle was just a long-winded ranter. I challenged her MANY times to provide ANY kind of documentation to support her hate. And she chose to ignore my questions and attack me through her lap dogs.
She couldn't stand being exposed for what she was.
And neither can you, apparently.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-12-2007, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> I have had correspondence with Gayle and she sends Holiday Greetings <hr /></blockquote>

I hope Gayle has a <font color="red">MERRY CHRISTMAS !! </font color>

hondo
12-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Does that make you a short winded ranter?
BTW, I'm proud of you for staying after your buddy cut &amp; run.
Less than a month til DCC! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

hondo
12-12-2007, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr>
She couldn't stand being exposed for what she was.
And neither can you, apparently. <hr /></blockquote>

And neither could your buddy, apparently. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
12-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Merry Christmas, Gayle.

SKennedy
12-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Relative to this post and one of Deeman's about Derby City....never heard of it before until I started reading posts here. Would love to go, but it's just the wrong time of the year for a dedicated duck hunter. Hope to make it one day though....if for no other reason than to meet some of you guys and see just how well you can shoot.
I'll go one of these years when I am no longer so angry at them ducks (and geese)....

wolfdancer
12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
it's hard to imagine that Gayle, who has reads voraciously, every new book concerning politics, who has her Tv hotwired to C-Span, who has some political connections....could be so vastly overwhelmed on "facts" by Bama...but that's what he is implying
I may be dyslectic, because I thought both him and LWW were getting "trounced" here.
I only post to offer an opinion, or to counter others....I never thought of it as a win/lose situation, but it looks like these two need these imagined personal "triumphs" to ass-uage their fragile egos.....????
I ain't that smart, but I ain't read anything yet, that either one has posted, that has impressed me. But "different strokes...."
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

hondo
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Hope you can make it sometime.
Trust me. It's the pool event of the year.

hondo
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
You should read a recent post to me on AZ by El Dub.
He still claims " victory" (?) and lashes out at me
&amp; everyone on CCB.
It appears that his mental state was very precariously
balanced &amp; Sonoma drove him over the edge.
Rather than gloating, I feel nothing but pity for him.
Imagine taking these silly little forums that seriously!

SKennedy
12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Exactly what is the event? A tournament?

SKennedy
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> and lashes out at me
&amp; everyone on CCB.
<hr /></blockquote>

When you say everyone does that include us conservatives too?

Deeman3
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Exactly what is the event? A tournament? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> May I? It is the best tournament of the year to me. Nine ball, banks and one pocket combined with gambling until the wee hours each night, mini-tournaments, ring games, straight pool contest (Thanks, Bob J.), 3 cushion exhibition, rows of cues, books, cases and the best collection of freinds and foes.

Nothing like it, anywhere. </font color>

SKennedy
12-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Sounds great! I will have to make it a point to attend in the future.
Thanks.

hondo
12-12-2007, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> and lashes out at me
&amp; everyone on CCB.
<hr /></blockquote>

When you say everyone does that include us conservatives too? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm afraid so, buddy.

hondo
12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Almost every male pro &amp; some of the women are there.
Plus, all the great road hustlers are there.
Banks, 9 ball &amp; one tourneys.
Plus, lots of big money match-ups.
Get your room &amp; you never have to leave the hotel.
Several cue venders also.

bamadog
12-13-2007, 01:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> it's hard to imagine that Gayle, who has reads voraciously, every new book concerning politics, who has her Tv hotwired to C-Span, who has some political connections....could be so vastly overwhelmed on "facts" by Bama...but that's what he is implying

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm not implying it, I'm stating it.

Gayle could not answer the simplest questions about her outrageous accusations. Instead, she blindly spewed her delusional hatred here daily.
And most of you guys never called her on it.

LWW
12-13-2007, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> You should read a recent post to me on AZ by El Dub.
&amp; everyone on CCB.
Imagine taking these silly little forums that seriously! <hr /></blockquote>
Well, since you brought it up I figured I would stop by and comment.

hondo was actually on AZB lamenting my absence.

Hence, I returned to see that nothing here has changed. The same group of cowards who fabricate a "truth" to live within and feel threatened whenever the bubble looks as if it may be burst.

I had written this forum off as a waste of time, but your new leader hondo pulled me back in.

Season's Greetings!

LWW

Fran Crimi
12-13-2007, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> You should read a recent post to me on AZ by El Dub.
&amp; everyone on CCB.
Imagine taking these silly little forums that seriously! <hr /></blockquote>
Well, since you brought it up I figured I would stop by and comment.

hondo was actually on AZB lamenting my absence.

Hence, I returned to see that nothing here has changed. The same group of cowards who fabricate a "truth" to live within and feel threatened whenever the bubble looks as if it may be burst.

I had written this forum off as a waste of time, but your new leader hondo pulled me back in.

Season's Greetings!

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

I suspect that there are others who feel the same as I do, but are unwilling to publicly admit it. I'm glad you came here, and I'm glad bamadog came here.

I watched this NPR section get hijacked for two to three years by those who claim to know more than the rest of us, and the condescension and rudeness with which those people have expressed themselves just about broke my spirit. Many posters walked away from here in disgust. I lobbied to have this section shut down. And believe me, if I took it to the top as I had threatened to do, I would have been successful.

It's about time that someone gave them what they had coming to them for a long time.

So as far as I'm concerned, I have two words to say to you:

Thank you.

Fran

LWW
12-13-2007, 07:42 AM
You are welcome. I have received several PM's along the same line.

Hondo, SS, Gayle, Sonoma, Wolfie, Dick, they can all live within their little bubble of fantasy, after all this is America.

They will also have me and others checking in to make sure their bubble gets a little clean air of truth now and then.

Peace.

LWW

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Fran, I always like your posts and find you very reasonable. Don't know much about this forum before a few months ago, but don't understand why you would advocate shutting it down because of viewpoints and personalities, etc. If you guys let a few "run the show," then that is your fault...not theirs!
As you guys are aware from my posts, I am a christian, conservative, southern, republican. As such, I certainly disagree with many of the comments posted on here. However, I respect the right of others to voice their opinions and I think most of them do so in a respectful manner...at least since I've "joined" this group. The one person who I sometimes feel goes a little overboard and is somewhat vitriolic is Gayle. But after s few rants, she always settles down. Despite her views, I still think she means well and I judge people more for their motivations than anything else. When LWW came along, he indicated that his purpose for showing up was to put these "liberals" in their place and the indication was that the others of us could not handle them, etc. You will note that none of us "others" ever offered him any support. I can tell you why I didn't....If you are going to stand up and proclaim how wonderful you are and you're going to save all of our butts, then you certainly don't need my assistance....although he did bring along his own...bamadog. All LWW has done is sound like a parrot...basically repeating the same old phrase over and over again along the lines of..."Show me the Facts!" I respect bamadog more than LWW, and I give LWW no more, or less credit than I would Gayle. From what I've seen on here, they both represent the "extreme"...at least on this forum.
There are many out there who I agree with politically that I would never call "friend." There are also those on here who I do not agree with that I would call "friend."
We all respect those on here like Deeman, despite his opinions. Deeman, and others of us on here did not need LWW to come be our saviour. And no one should come on this board with the intent to run anyone off. If he had just come on here without all his proclamations and arrogance, and just started providing his opinions in a more appropriate manner, I think we would have a different opinion of him. Personally, I suspect he is not nearly as bad as he lets on. I'm sure I would enjoy meeting him and playing him some pool, and I suspect the liberals among us would like him also if they met him in person.
I come on here to have some fun and to voice my opinion. I wasn't born last night, I am an educated person, have a respected and professional vocation, and I believe my opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. I am also not going to try to validate my opinions or try to "prove" them. I will debate them to a point, but will cease after a short while as it is usually a waste of time. Does this mean I think my opinion is the only valid opinion? No. Does it mean I think I'm smarter than the average bear? No. After participating on here for about 2 months, the only things that really bothered me were Gayle when she indicates that all southern christian conservatives are all the same ignorant beings (which I think maybe she has apologized for..or at least excluded some of us), when someone posts on here expressing dismay that there is not enough drama or strife among those posting and wish to stir things up...if you want adventure get off the freakin' computer, and when someone gets on here and trashes the site or expresses the desire that it should be shut down because it doesn't meet their specific approval. You thank LWW for his comments, but previously wanted the board shut down because the alternate view was more prevalant? Sorry Fran I just have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. In one of my many posts weeks ago, while argueing with Gayle, I told her I would defend her right to state her opinions. I meant what I said. LWW has his right also. But to threaten to shut down the board because a group hijacked this board? Someone let them hijack it. I have seen some rudeness and some condescension on here too, but probably less than in real-life. And, while many of us may disagree and even be disgusted with the opinions of the "vocal majority" on this board, I would suspect the "spirit" of a professional pool player is stronger than you let on. I like the variety I see on here and enjoy learning about others and their personalities. I look forward to meeting many more of you one day (already met Scott Lee and "Ace") and that includes SONoma, Wolfie, Gayle, Hondo, Deeman, Chopstick, LWW, bamadog, and more!! If you resent me and dislike me for whatever reason you may have, then that's your problem and I assure you I will not lose any sleep over the matter.
And.....Season's Greeting, which does include a Merry Christmas, to each of you!

wolfdancer
12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
I think you have stated things much better then I could (and I wrote out four drafts trying). I side with the Democrats, and judging from what I have read and seen in the media, I'm against GWB, and most of his policies...as is from what I read, about 70% of Americans. I believe the war is taking a terrible toll on the young men and women fighting it, with no end in sight, and is also draining the resources of this country, and weakening it. I believe that the end of this war will resemble the end of the Viet-Nam war, with no clear victory, but at a huge price in lives lost, lives ruined, and at a monetary cost that may ruin the economy of America.
Now that's my opinion, as I have stated before....Fran wanted the board shut down for that very thing, and these two believe they have all the countering answers to put down that belief.
I'm sorry that Fran doesn't want any diverse opinions to be published here, sorrier still that she welcomes these two. As you have noted...neither Ed, nor Deeman, have found much merit in their posts to comment positively on.

S0Noma
12-13-2007, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>
I suspect that there are others who feel the same as I do, but are unwilling to publicly admit it. I'm glad you came here, and I'm glad bamadog came here.

I watched this NPR section get hijacked for two to three years by those who claim to know more than the rest of us, and the condescension and rudeness with which those people have expressed themselves just about broke my spirit.

<font color="blue">One can only hope that your spirit has had time to mend during these past seven years of Republican rule. </font color>

Many posters walked away from here in disgust.

<font color="blue">You know, Fran, I'd like to know where you got that statistic and exactly 'how many' walked away in disgust? two? three? ten? twenty? fifty? How many?

You've been blaming the decline of the NPR forum on the people here that you dislike for quite sometime but I have yet to see you provide anything like testable data to back up your claim.

There are MANY reasons that forums decline - As to this one? How about we start with the serious decline in interest in the sport of pool in general? Not sure how the main website is doing in terms of hits or posts but the real world trend for pool halls and people coming into the sport isn't exactly increasing by leaps and bounds.

Is the pool side of the forum flourishing? Are all those who 'walked away in disgust' 'years ago' still actively posting over there? Or have they moved on and left the site altogether for reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with what's been said in the NPR?

I think it's the latter myself. I think the sport's in trouble, people aren't coming to pool websites like they once were (anymore than they are coming to the pool halls) and the NPR reflects that decline. It's easy to blame it on the posters here Fran but the real truth might not be so simple. </font color>

I lobbied to have this section shut down. And believe me, if I took it to the top as I had threatened to do, I would have been successful.

<font color="blue">Well, bully for your dear. It's apparent that you have problems with seeing things posted here that you'd prefer not to have to think about. Personally? I'm glad that you've chosen not to abuse your status as a well known pool player by actively pursuing your desire to censor this place. That would have been disgraceful, plain and simple. </font color>

It's about time that someone gave them what they had coming to them for a long time.

<font color="blue">You sound kind of malevolent here, Fran. Exactly what do 'they' have coming to 'them'? Hopefully NOT the kind of distorted, baseless, popinjay posts of the braying donkey otherwise known as 'LWW'? Please, Fran, tell me it's not true? </font color>

So as far as I'm concerned, I have two words to say to you:

Thank you.

Fran

<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> </font color>

S0Noma
12-13-2007, 04:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Fran, I always like your posts and find you very reasonable. Don't know much about this forum before a few months ago, but don't understand why you would advocate shutting it down because of viewpoints and personalities, etc. If you guys let a few "run the show," then that is your fault...not theirs!

<font color="blue">Well said. </font color>

As you guys are aware from my posts, I am a christian, conservative, southern, republican.

<font color="blue">Yes, but I've decided to like you anyway. </font color>

As such, I certainly disagree with many of the comments posted on here. However, I respect the right of others to voice their opinions and I think most of them do so in a respectful manner...at least since I've "joined" this group. The one person who I sometimes feel goes a little overboard and is somewhat vitriolic is Gayle. But after s few rants, she always settles down. Despite her views, I still think she means well and I judge people more for their motivations than anything else.

<font color="blue">Respecting the rights of others to voice their opinions is the American way. You and I are on the same page here - too bad, Fran isn't. </font color>

When LWW came along, he indicated that his purpose for showing up was to put these "liberals" in their place and the indication was that the others of us could not handle them, etc. You will note that none of us "others" ever offered him any support. I can tell you why I didn't....If you are going to stand up and proclaim how wonderful you are and you're going to save all of our butts, then you certainly don't need my assistance....although he did bring along his own...bamadog. All LWW has done is sound like a parrot...basically repeating the same old phrase over and over again along the lines of..."Show me the Facts!"

<font color="blue">Correct again - although I would take it a step further and say that what he's done is parrot the buzz words and sound byte phrases of high profile conservative commentators and right wing blogs. When push comes to shove, LWW is conspicuously lacking in the very 'facts' he charges his opponents with not having. He's disingenuous - substituting braggadocio and bluster for argumentation skills. </font color>

I respect bamadog more than LWW, and I give LWW no more, or less credit than I would Gayle. From what I've seen on here, they both represent the "extreme"...at least on this forum.
There are many out there who I agree with politically that I would never call "friend." There are also those on here who I do not agree with that I would call "friend."

<font color="blue">In real life, I've rarely found someone's political or religious views to be a determinant of their eligibility as friends. Rather it is their ethics, integrity and depth of character that I use as measures. </font color>

We all respect those on here like Deeman, despite his opinions. Deeman, and others of us on here did not need LWW to come be our saviour. And no one should come on this board with the intent to run anyone off.

If he had just come on here without all his proclamations and arrogance, and just started providing his opinions in a more appropriate manner, I think we would have a different opinion of him. Personally, I suspect he is not nearly as bad as he lets on. I'm sure I would enjoy meeting him and playing him some pool, and I suspect the liberals among us would like him also if they met him in person.
I come on here to have some fun and to voice my opinion. I wasn't born last night, I am an educated person, have a respected and professional vocation, and I believe my opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. I am also not going to try to validate my opinions or try to "prove" them. I will debate them to a point, but will cease after a short while as it is usually a waste of time. Does this mean I think my opinion is the only valid opinion? No. Does it mean I think I'm smarter than the average bear? No. After participating on here for about 2 months, the only things that really bothered me were Gayle when she indicates that all southern christian conservatives are all the same ignorant beings (which I think maybe she has apologized for..or at least excluded some of us), when someone posts on here expressing dismay that there is not enough drama or strife among those posting and wish to stir things up...if you want adventure get off the freakin' computer, and when someone gets on here and trashes the site or expresses the desire that it should be shut down because it doesn't meet their specific approval.

You thank LWW for his comments, but previously wanted the board shut down because the alternate view was more prevalant? Sorry Fran I just have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

<font color="blue">You're certainly not alone in your assessment. I also respectfully disagree. </font color>

In one of my many posts weeks ago, while argueing with Gayle, I told her I would defend her right to state her opinions. I meant what I said. LWW has his right also. But to threaten to shut down the board because a group hijacked this board? Someone let them hijack it. I have seen some rudeness and some condescension on here too, but probably less than in real-life. And, while many of us may disagree and even be disgusted with the opinions of the "vocal majority" on this board, I would suspect the "spirit" of a professional pool player is stronger than you let on. I like the variety I see on here and enjoy learning about others and their personalities. I look forward to meeting many more of you one day (already met Scott Lee and "Ace") and that includes SONoma, Wolfie, Gayle, Hondo, Deeman, Chopstick, LWW, bamadog, and more!! If you resent me and dislike me for whatever reason you may have, then that's your problem and I assure you I will not lose any sleep over the matter.
And.....Season's Greeting, which does include a Merry Christmas, to each of you!
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Overall, a very well written and well thought out post, Mr. Kennedy. Thanks for saying what needed to be said. </font color>

DickLeonard
12-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Sonoma Amen.I was sorry I started this post. I was just ribbing Bamadog and LWW.

It grew out of proportion. Old wounds were renewed.

Most people may hate what your saying but defend your right to say it.

Shall we declare a Christmas Truce.####

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Correct again - although I would take it a step further and say that what he's done is parrot the buzz words and sound byte phrases of high profile conservative commentators and right wing blogs. When push comes to shove, LWW is conspicuously lacking in the very 'facts' he charges his opponents with not having. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
But let's be fair here. You may be right about LWW here, but the worse one on here for doing this very thing is Gayle. And let's also not forget that just because we agree with some other right-winger about an issue and say something similar doesn't mean we don't have a mind of our own or are parroting. (I hope I didn't put too many double negatives in that last sentence- and I guess 1 is too many!)

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 06:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> (and I wrote out four drafts trying). <hr /></blockquote>

I know you can't help yourself on siding with the democrats and I forgive you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
However, just how old are you? Too old to worry about your writing and any of our opinions about it. Four drafts? One draft is too many! Spill it from the heart and be done with it! None of us has the prose of Drop1. He writes real pretty! Kind of reminds me of that Shakespeare guy! (I think it's Drop1....especially when he's refering to the ladies.....bet they eat that up!) I can't write like that, so it's a good thing I'm good looking! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif (just like Don Knotts)

pooltchr
12-13-2007, 06:47 PM
SK,
I have had my fair share of forum battles with Gayle, but don't hold any animosity toward her. My biggest gripe was reading one of her novels, only to find that there was nothing new being offered. I wasted way too much time trying to figure out the point of many posts, only to find out there wasn't one...just the same old GW is EVIL stuff. It's one thing to have that opinion...quite another to just repeat it over and over. It's the personal attacks that I think are the basis for Fran's frustration. They did get out of hand quite a bit, and if I found myself falling into that trap, I would just leave the forum for a week or two.

I must admit that in the past few weeks, the forum has changed and gotten more civilized. As long as it stays that way, I enjoy it. Wolf and I rarely agree on anything political, but we can still communicate and have fun. Hell, I'd probably give him the called 8 just to show him how reasonable I can be! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Dee, don't get any ideas...I want the 6 and out!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

While politics are an important subject, there are plenty of other things where we can often find common ground. It's kinda nice to see some of them showing up here.

Steve

hondo
12-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> You are welcome. I have received several PM's along the same line.

Hondo, SS, Gayle, Sonoma, Wolfie, Dick, they can all live within their little bubble of fantasy, after all this is America.

They will also have me and others checking in to make sure their bubble gets a little clean air of truth now and then.

Peace.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

LMFAO! Several PMs from WHO? Bamadog.

hondo
12-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Good grief, Fran. I'd rather see you flex your muscles
and close the damned thing down than praise LWW &amp; Dawg!!!
Why encourage those megalomaniacs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

hondo
12-13-2007, 06:56 PM
That was an excellent post.

S0Noma
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>
But let's be fair here. You may be right about LWW here, but the worse one on here for doing this very thing is Gayle.

<font color="blue">We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. My main complaint with Gayle is her tendency to overwrite. Her posts would benefit greatly from a little more attention to brevity.

Unlike LWW, I've never seen Gayle blatantly lying in this forum or claiming that she'd won an argument when it was clear to one and all that she hadn't. </font color>

And let's also not forget that just because we agree with some other right-winger about an issue and say something similar doesn't mean we don't have a mind of our own or are parroting. (I hope I didn't put too many double negatives in that last sentence- and I guess 1 is too many!)

<font color="blue">I think I understand what you're trying to say here and to a point I can agree. Not to swing any more lashes at a dead horse but if you honestly think LWW's claim that if it weren't for environmentalists all forest fires could be prevented or at the very least more quickly contained? That's fine, but you best be prepared to back it up with factual information. Otherwise? It comes off looking like what it is - political propaganda pure and simple.

It wasn't just that LWW lost that argument but that his motives for mounting it in the first place masked a hidden agenda. If he wants to see environmentalists forbidden to seek legal recourse when faced with what they perceive to be threats on protected wilderness areas - that's his prerogative - but to tar them all as actually being anti-environmental and responsible for damage done by any fire that breaks out in any national forest is a bold faced lie.

I saw Gayle get into a lot of long winded diatribes in defense of whatever argument that she was attempting to muster but I do not remember her ever conducting herself as dishonestly as the poster known as LWW. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

S0Noma
12-13-2007, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> You are welcome. I have received several PM's along the same line.

Peace.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

LMFAO! Several PMs from WHO? Bamadog. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, sure... but... that counts doesn't it?

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I would hope that no one thinks I hold any animosity toward Gayle. She should be flattered that this thread is in her name! And you are right....personal attacks are not warranted and indicate ignorance on the one attacking, not the one being attacked.
"Called 8?" "6 and out?" At some point you guys will have to explain those to me. I suspect they have to do with spotting your opponent some balls, but not sure how that's done.
I may show mercy on these posts, but never on the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif In league play Tuesday my opponent kept checking my rack (I beat him the first 2 games). After looking at them he would say "Excellent rack!" We were both on the hill and I made a crack after he racked if I needed to check the rack. I started to tell him I rack well because I've had too much practice at it!! I need to work on my break, but don't win often enough! He beat me by the way in a close match..of course in one game I acratched on the 8-ball I was trying to make on a long bank into a corner pocket and due to the cut placed high left on the cue ball....and scratched....and never saw it coming. Sorry to throw some pool into the NPR side.

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I don't think Gayle has lied. But sometimes she may be misinformed (as well as I).

And I do not always agree with LWW. There can be partial truths in things both side say...even on the same subject.
I stayed away from the fire issue. Mostly because I'm not informed enough and don't have a clue. All I know is...FIRE BAD! Most of the time anyway (controlled burns).

jayalley
12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
As a long time reader of this forum, I have never posted until now. Why? As Fran Crimi so nicely said it, this forum had been hijacked by this Gayle person and the hatred and malicious invective that she spewed was unbelievable. I am very active politically and visit many political blogs and websites, but what Gayle was doing on this forum was beyond bizarre. You don't see this type of emotionally charged stuff even on Daily Kos, Media Matters or other far, far left of center sites. I kept thinking...when is someone going to stop her from killing this web site ??? Yes, I was too intimidated to jump in to this because she was unhinged. Duh, HELLO, this is a POOL MAGAZINE forum ! How could she be playing much pool posting 6 or 7,000 posts ?? She could go and enter 600 word posts on those political sites where the big boys and girls play. Too much legitimate competition, I guess.
Anyway, I hope that this forum returns to the people (whoever they are) and balance resumes. I feel like those people at the end of the WIZARD OF OZ.....'the wicked witch is dead."

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Glad you posted but you should have done so long ago if you disagreed with her so much! Some of us did. Hope you post again!

Drop1
12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Fran,if you have the power to close this forum ,please do so,go to the top,and tell them how unhappy you are,with what has been,and how pleased you are with the two Dung Beatles from AZB,show your thunder,and make it a forum for thought,but not for thinking. How long will you need?

bamadog
12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
It appears you still have your little hard on for LWW.
Well, he's not hard to find.
If you'd like to debate the issues, I'll bet you'll find plenty of takers at AZB, including LWW.
But leave your juvenile sarcasm and name-calling behind.
It won't go over well there.
Rule#1 for men on a forum: type only what you would be willing to say to someone's face.

bamadog
12-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Thank you Jay.
What I found remarkable about this site, when I first came here, was not the uber-ranter Gayle, but rather the group of sycophants that applauded her hate-filled and delusional posts.

Drop1
12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I must have hit a vein{Macho Man} why don't you go help Fran,close the forum. When LWW can come up with an issue,that is current,and interests me,I might consider answering him. Was your last remark,a threat?

S0Noma
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jayalley:</font><hr> As a long time reader of this forum, I have never posted until now. Why? As Fran Crimi so nicely said it, this forum had been hijacked by this Gayle person and the hatred and malicious invective that she spewed was unbelievable. I am very active politically and visit many political blogs and websites, but what Gayle was doing on this forum was beyond bizarre. You don't see this type of emotionally charged stuff even on Daily Kos, Media Matters or other far, far left of center sites. I kept thinking...when is someone going to stop her from killing this web site ???

<font color="blue">What a total crock of Bull$hit. You registered on Jan 14 of THIS YEAR and this is your second post EVER? This is somehow Gayle's fault?

Please tell us all if you will how you've managed to lurk for the past eleven months and have NEVER found the opportunity to get a post in edgewise?

Now you've come here to blame it all on Gayle, who by the way hasn't been posting in several weeks. Where have you been?

Unbelievable. </font color>

Vapros
12-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Strange little NPR site we've got here. I'm beginning to think it's bulletproof, or at least that it has nine lives. A number of pretty hard characters have tried to kill it, but it's still here. It seems to wait them out.

I suppose there must be a moral there, but I don't know just what it is. Might be something about spitting up-wind.

wolfdancer
12-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm wondering...why would someone want a forum taken down.. because they object to what is being written, that is against their creed?....and then applaud these two internet Nazis, for the crap that they spew?
Censorship?????????????????????????????????????
...about time someone gave them what they had coming for a long time....
wonder what that would be?...Well, LWW does hide behind his computer and call people cowards....but I doubt he's got a set himself....

Drop1
12-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I agree with you,but if one person can close this site,because they don't like what they read,there is no forum. Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees,better to close the forum,than practice thought control. In the end,I think this is much to do about nothing.

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I read and participate for the fun of it. Otherwise, I'd do something else. And although I love the game of pool and read the pool related site, I am more drawn to this site. I get on here when I can and always stay longer than I expect. One day I'll have to do some work again!
While there may be some "characters" on here that have tried to kill the site, intentional or otherwise, I think there is a solid core group pf personalities here that make it work. If you are on here because you think you will make a difference in this world politically, then you should be on some other forum, campaigning hard for your man (or woman), or running for office yourself! This group is an older group and pretty set in their ways and beliefs. It is hard to change someone's mind. In spite of that, I'll never give up on SONoma!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
12-13-2007, 09:47 PM
He visits several political websites.....and has never ran into any heated discussions? AND, while noticing with abject horror, how Gayle had hijacked the board, dared not to post until she was "beaten soundly" by the proud AZB bullies (in their dreams)
".....I kept thinking...when is someone going to stop her from killing this web site ??? "
well, obviously that special "someone" wouldn't be him
Now I suppose he won't object to the self serving *** that these two will be posting to add to their fantasy that they "rule"

wolfdancer
12-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I take it then that Chicken Little, LWW, would be brave enough to tell everyone that he has called a coward here, that same insult to their face? I don't think so...I've known that type before.
Bama, on the other hand, posts in a threatening manner, probably to offset his lack of any "debating skills".

Drop1
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Wolf,I have never seen Senior Dung Beatle post something worth responding to. However I do agree with {Macho Man,} on rule one...if I'm late,he can start without me./ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
12-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Unlike your buddy JLW I don't post things sent in PM's.

Some of us have respect for fellow members.

LWW

LWW
12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Good grief, Fran. I'd rather see you flex your muscles
Why encourage those megalomaniacs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Aren't you the same troll lamenting the pot be stirred and now you complain that someone has wrought upon you what you prayed for?

LWW

LWW
12-14-2007, 06:05 AM
I lost nothing, but you knew that, however using your 8th grade Photochop skills and ability to flit about like a San Fran waiter you amazed your pal hondo ... of course he was made a fool of by hippie pool so the bar is pretty low.

You keep wishing that were true though. Maybe your mom will buy you an LWW voodoo doll. Be careful with the pointy pins though.

LWW

LWW
12-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Amen.

LWW

LWW
12-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Everytime I think you can't possibly twist something any stupider than the last time you prove me wrong.

LWW

LWW
12-14-2007, 06:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> He visits several political websites.....and has never ran into any heated discussions? AND, while noticing with abject horror, how Gayle had hijacked the board, dared not to post until she was "beaten soundly" by the proud AZB bullies (in their dreams)
".....I kept thinking...when is someone going to stop her from killing this web site ??? "
well, obviously that special "someone" wouldn't be him
Now I suppose he won't object to the self serving *** that these two will be posting to add to their fantasy that they "rule"
<hr /></blockquote>
Wolfie, she was beat before the bell sounded. The Empress has no clothes. All but a fool knew that already.

And, speaking of Nazis, you would have made a good one. A mindless puppet who needed to be told what they thought by a political officer and who would gladly send the dissenters off.

LWW

hondo
12-14-2007, 06:39 AM
It took a lot of guts for LWW to come back on here.
Let's give him a nice round of applause.

hondo
12-14-2007, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Good grief, Fran. I'd rather see you flex your muscles
Why encourage those megalomaniacs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Aren't you the same troll lamenting the pot be stirred and now you complain that someone has wrought upon you what you prayed for?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Aren't trolls ugly? I'm a good looking son of a gun.

LWW
12-14-2007, 07:12 AM
hondo, I fear nobody here ... least of all you.

Let's clear the air. You baited on AZB for over a year for people to come here and face the great liberal minds. A few of us came and found, for the most part, a pack of vicious naziesque crazies who spat venom in every direction.

When your scheme didn't work you went to claiming to be a victim of big bad LWW.

Since then you have been bouncing back and forth between forums and flipping from troll to self proclaimed victim hourly.

As I told you on AZB, you and the lefties have shat in this stew and I hope you enjoy it.

Everybody here, despite the manners of some, need to understand who you really are and what you are really about.

Also, as I told you on AZB, if you want to stop looking foolish then stop acting foolish.

Now, go off in your little intellectually deprived circlejerk crowd and explain how you whooped me ... or how mean I am to you, or what ever fantasy you are off on today.

You made your mess hondo and only you can fix it by behaving in a sane and adult manner. I'm still pulling for you brother.

LWW

S0Noma
12-14-2007, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> I lost nothing, but you knew that, however using your 8th grade Photochop skills and ability to flit about like a San Fran waiter ...

You keep wishing that were true though.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

http://i16.tinypic.com/82xf6he.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/7x2hswp.jpg

Chopstick
12-14-2007, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>

I watched this NPR section get hijacked for two to three years by those who claim to know more than the rest of us, and the condescension and rudeness with which those people have expressed themselves just about broke my spirit. Many posters walked away from here in disgust.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr>
<font color="blue">You know, Fran, I'd like to know where you got that statistic and exactly 'how many' walked away in disgust? two? three? ten? twenty? fifty? How many?

You've been blaming the decline of the NPR forum on the people here that you dislike for quite sometime but I have yet to see you provide anything like testable data to back up your claim.

</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Highsea's parting words. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> We need separate forum for political rants. NPR is completely polluted.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
_______________________________________- <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Responses to highsea. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Casey, great idea...since arguing politics, and religion, is like arguing with signposts. It only ends up polarizing the board, and we're really all here in the first place, because we
enjoy pool.
Let's get back to a little decorum!!!!!!
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> We need separate forum for political rants. NPR is completely polluted.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Let me ask the "Stupid question of the Day."

Aren't there any political forums where the politics can be discussed, argued, etc.?????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I realize it is being done in the non-pool side of the forum, but some of the discussions have gone way past light political exchange.
<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ARJ:</font><hr> Remember way back when when we just posted jokes and goofed on each other?

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">If you want to know how many people have left, all you have to do is look at the forum archives and see all the names that aren't here anymore. Now there are complaints that the forum is boring. Most of us have jobs and don't have time to surf around and come up with interesting things to post. With a larger pool of people, chances are that someone out of the group will find something interesting just about everyday.

This forum used to be a lot different. I can't even count the number of belly laughs I have gotten from it. I agree with Fran that there are a few trouble makers that have ruined the place. I don't think shutting it down is the answer. The reason it was created in the first place, is because they were doing these rants on the pool side of the board. If you shut down NPR they will just go back over there.

I would say that it needs a moderator to step and stop things before they get out of hand. </font color>

bsmutz
12-14-2007, 11:36 AM
And with all the pictures Sonoma is posting these days, it's getting harder and harder to keep it from getting out of hand, if you know what I mean.

S0Noma
12-14-2007, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr>

<font color="blue">Highsea's parting words. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> We need separate forum for political rants. NPR is completely polluted.

<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> We need separate forum for political rants. NPR is completely polluted.

<font color="green"> Highsea was great and I missed him as soon as he quit posting. OTOH: His last post to ANY FORUM here was 07/13/05 04:30 PM - are you trying to tell me that his decision to quit posting altogether was due entirely to his dissatisfaction with the NPR? That seems a bit extreme given that posting in the one forum in no way depends on posting in the other.

I'm thinking that Highsea had better things to do with his time than posting in Internet forums - pool or non-pool, period </font color>

Quote Rich R.:

Let me ask the "Stupid question of the Day."

Aren't there any political forums where the politics can be discussed, argued, etc.?????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I realize it is being done in the non-pool side of the forum, but some of the discussions have gone way past light political exchange.
<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ARJ:</font><hr> Remember way back when when we just posted jokes and goofed on each other?

<hr /></blockquote>
</font color><font color="green"> ARJ made seven posts in the pool forum in October. No other posts in all of 2007 Before that? His last post was in early October of 2006. Yet one more example of a poster who infrequently posts to ANY pool forum here. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">If you want to know how many people have left, all you have to do is look at the forum archives and see all the names that aren't here anymore.

</font color>----------------------------------------------------
<font color="green"> It's not that simple, Chopstick. Two of the three posters you cited above include one who quit posting period over two years ago and one who rarely posts at all. TONS of posters have left the MAIN POOL FORUM for reasons that have nothing to do with the NPR.

Forums do not thrive on leeches who only read but never contribute. They thrive when people go out of their way to find interesting things to talk about post those things and then - talk about them.

I'm not concerned about pleasing the Rich R.'s who want to criticize but don't wish to contribute. Or the Highseas who are really on their way out the door anyhow and want to leave a nasty parting shot as they depart. Or the ARJ's who can't seem to find the time to post in either forum much less make jokes here and 'goof on people'.

Gayle never threatened anyone. Don't like her? Don't read her. Don't like political threads? Don't read them. Want the NPR to be more interesting to you? Then MAKE IT HAPPEN and stop whining about it. I don't see anyone standing here trying to charge me for making a new post. This service is free. I do not get that any audience member here should feel so alienated that their posting skills are crippled. That's just BS.

Don't like what you see here? Then run something else up the fricking flagpole and see if it flies. Otherwise? I think they should just STFU about it. It's the people who are here and DO contribute that have a right to criticize the forum because they ARE the forum. It's not rocket science. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

S0Noma
12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>
...beat before the bell sounded. All but a fool knew that already.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

http://i14.tinypic.com/8c11po4.jpg

Drop1
12-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Bug,once again,you demonstrate you have no issues,so keep rolling dung.That is something you always seem to need.

Quote the Bug..."What are we"

wolfdancer
12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe you can explain then, the basis for your magnificent achievement. Did your "facts" prove that what she quoted from insider's expose books that she read...were wrong?
Was she overawed then by your personage?
Or,just intimidated by your grandeur?
I must have missed the posts where you "beat her badly" You always seemed (to me) to come off badly with your use of schoolboy insults to back up your lack of any real information.
Funny thing is when she pm'd me about quiting posting....all she mentioned was what a total jerk you were( and a few other unprintable "homilies" ...'course I had to help her out some there, with my own "take" on you )....nothing about how you put her in her place.
You must be so proud doing that after announcing that goal beforehand, over on AZB. You'll probably be "poster of the year" over there....with your small, vindictive, petty "victory"
I bet this is a major accomplishment for someone of your stature???

wolfdancer
12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
There are many here that have a different view on politics and current events, then I have....but unlike you and Bama, we also find the time to post about other things, kid each other and add in a little humor to our exchanges......if anyone fits your charge of spitting venom, etc...it would be you two.
The wording of your post tells me you have some real personal problems.....some quirky need to first create "enemies" then "vanquish" them..
I haven't read your posts re: Hondo, over on AZB.....but doubt that you came off any better there, then you do here...nothing but assumptions, false claims, and H.S. insults.....if you want to learn how to make a valid point,in this right Vs left stuff....read some of Ed's posts....your crap just doesn't cut it
Every one of your posts is either an insult or a "challenge"
and you claim it's everybody else that is crazy?????
I think you need professional help...but if posting here keeps you from going down to the local mall, like some other insecure people, and shooting it up....I'm glad we can help....
I don't know who you're trying to impress over here...but I suspect you're not having much luck......

wolfdancer
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
"....their bubble gets a little clean air of truth now and then."
Problem is he ain't posted anything yet, that proved, or disproved something.
I think he saw one too many Arnold Schwarzenegger movies....or, they won't let him play with his G. I. Joe Dolls anymore...

wolfdancer
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
From what I have read...we're only one phone call away from having this shut down.....interestingly enough, since the welcoming "red carpet" was rolled out for Bama and LWW, who agitate/insult with each and every post......I'm guessing that the implied threat is for anybody who posts against GWB, and/or, the war...they'll have to watch their step.
That being the case ....shut the **** thing down, I can do without any censorship...
I can also do without either of those two....and usually just ignore any of their posts....and anybody that felt threatened by Gayle's posts should have done the same.

LWW
12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Wolfie, your hypocrisy is astounding.

You were also one of those who came on another forum challenging people to come here and be edumucated by the liberal geniuses residing therein.

What I met was the same bit of rude twits. Nothing more. After tiring of your self inflicted ignorance I left you and hondo to stew in your own shiite.

What happens next? hondo whines that he needs to stir the pot. He did. You sided with him. Now, like the trolls that you both are, you are whining about your victimhood.

I told hondo and I'll tell you, if you want peace there will be peace. If you want to stop looking foolish stop doing foolish things.

I'm pulling for both you. God knows you need someone doing it.

LWW

SKennedy
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
As someone stated....people were previously discussing these issues and politics on the pool side. I think we would all agree that is wrong. Discussing these issues on this side (NPR) should be fine...as long as it is done in an appropriate manner. Political opinions should not be dictated or controlled. As was stated...if you are going to start censoring those who do not agree with you, then pull the plug now because this site will have no value or interest. It is easy enough for us to see how many people are reading and responding to these posts and to those on the pool side. I suspect this side is doing well enough.
I am very disappointed that fellow conservatives are suggesting that this site be terminated and for the reasons stated. Evidently it is still true today and a good thing....freedom of speech and tolerance are alive and well in both parties...and I am proud of the libs on this site who realize that! Unfortunately, there are also those in both parties who would disagree. They are too short-sided and are too self-serving to understand otherwise.
As for those who formerly posted on this site but have disappeared...let's start with Gayle. If you go back and check her final posts she indicated she was leaving for awhile cause she was busy and likely needed a break. LWW did not run her off..just as SONoma did not run off LWW. I may have been harder on Gayle during this recent time period regarding her latter posts than anyone...but I hope in a respectful way. People leave because of time constraints and other interests. If I suddenly fall off this site, it will not mean someone has made me leave. It will likely be from time constraints due to work, family activities, or other hobbies I enjoy. Because I currently enjoy this site so much, I take the time to post and read here. That may change next week. And if you were on here and left the site cause you didn't get your way or someone disagreed with you, then good-bye to you. You obviously had no character and spine to begin with. You're the one I'd want to play vs in Derby City when the chips are on the line! But, I would never have you as a partner and I'd never play vs you for just the fun of it.

wolfdancer
12-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't go around challenging people, because unlike you, I know I don't have all the answers. How about a link to that post, to prove you ain't the lying ***** I believe you to be?
Perhaps while you are bragging about how you two ran Gayle of by the force of your combined intellect, you might bring up a few instances where you made me look foolish? (And that is because I didn't buy into your bs??? )
You might want to learn to control your tongue a bit with your insults....rude twits, cowards, etc.....while you can safely put out that crap on the internet....you might just forget in public, and get bitch slapped silly, for letting your mouth overload your fat a**
The following fits you (imo) for the most part....it's the only explanation that I can find to make sense of both the tone of your posts, and then your self-proclaimed "victories" concerning them.....
Question:

What happens to a narcissist who lacks even the basic potential and skills to realize some of his grandiose fantasies?

Answer:

Such a narcissist resorts to deferred Narcissistic Supply which generates an effect of deferred grandiosity. He forgoes his grandiose schemes and gives up on the present. He defers the fulfillment of his fantasies which support his inflated Ego to the (indefinite) future.

Such narcissists engage in activities (or in daydreaming), which they fervently believe, will make them famous, powerful, influential, or superior in some unspecified future time. They keep their minds occupied and off their failures.

Such frustrated and bitter narcissist's hold themselves answerable only to History, God, Eternity, Future Generations, Art, science, the Church, the Country, the Nation and so on. They entertain notions of grandeur which are dependent upon the judgment or assessment of a fuzzily defined collective in an ambiguous time frame. Thus, these narcissists find solace in the embrace of Chronos.

Deferred grandiosity is an adaptive mechanism which ameliorates dysphoria and grandiosity gaps.

It is healthy to daydream and fantasize. It is the antechamber of life and often anticipates its circumstances. It is a process of preparing for eventualities. But healthy daydreaming is different from grandiosity.

Grandiosity has four components.

Omnipotence

The narcissist believes in his omnipotence. "Believe" in this context is a weak word. He knows. It is a cellular certainty, almost biological, it flows in his blood and permeates every niche of his being. The narcissist "knows" that he can do anything he chooses to do and excel in it. What the narcissist does, what he excels at, what he achieves, depends only on his volition. To his mind, there is no other determinant.

Hence his rage when confronted with disagreement or opposition not only because of the audacity of his, evidently inferior, adversaries. But because it threatens his world view, it endangers his feeling of omnipotence. The narcissist is often fatuously daring, adventurous, experimentative and curious precisely due to this hidden assumption of "can-do". He is genuinely surprised and devastated when he fails, when the "universe" does not arrange itself, magically, to accommodate his unbounded fantasies, when it (and people in it) does not comply with his whims and wishes.

He often denies away such discrepancies, deletes them from his memory. As a result, he remembers his life as a patchy quilt of unrelated events and people.

Omniscience

The narcissist often pretends to know everything, in every field of human knowledge and endeavor. He lies and prevaricates to avoid the exposure of his ignorance. He resorts to numerous subterfuges to support his God-like omniscience.

Where his knowledge fails him he feigns authority, fakes superiority, quotes from non-existent sources, embeds threads of truth in a canvass of falsehoods. He transforms himself into an artist of intellectual prestidigitation. As he gets older, this invidious quality may recede, or, rather, metamorphose. He may now claim more confined expertise.

He may no longer be ashamed to admit his ignorance and his need to learn things outside the fields of his real or self-proclaimed expertise. But this "improvement" is merely optical. Within his "territory", the narcissist is still as fiercely defensive and possessive as ever.

Many narcissists are avowed autodidacts, unwilling to subject their knowledge and insights to peer scrutiny, or, for that matter, to any scrutiny. The narcissist keeps re-inventing himself, adding new fields of knowledge as he goes. This creeping intellectual annexation is a round about way of reverting to his erstwhile image as the erudite "Renaissance man".

Omnipresence

Even the narcissist cannot pretend to actually be everywhere at once in the PHYSICAL sense. Instead, he feels that he is the center and the axis of his "universe", that all things and happenstances revolve around him and that cosmic disintegration would ensue if he were to disappear or to lose interest in someone or in something.

He is convinced, for instance, that he is the main, if not the only, topic of discussion in his absence. He is often surprised and offended to learn that he was not even mentioned. When invited to a meeting with many participants, he assumes the position of the sage, the guru, or the teacher/guide whose words carry a special weight. His creations (books, articles, works of art) are extensions of his presence and, in this restricted sense, he does seem to exist everywhere. In other words, he "stamps" his environment. He "leaves his mark" upon it. He "stigmatizes" it.

This article appears in my book, "Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited"

web page (http://samvak.tripod.com/msla.html)

I think the last paragraph is right on the money, in your case

wolfdancer
12-14-2007, 07:08 PM
"...You obviously had no character and spine to begin with. You're the one I'd want to play vs in Derby City when the chips are on the line! But, I would never have you as a partner and I'd never play vs you for just the fun of it."
Did you just sneak in a few insults? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You are disappointed in some of you fellow conservatives, and proud of the (many/few) liberals for their respective stands on freedom of speech....that reads like both groups are going against the majority beliefs of their parties????
That's like thinking that only the brave sons and daughters are answering the call to fight this war.
As far as I know, only one person is threatening to have the board shut down, for reasons that are unclear to me now....considering the "thank you" to ....
Yes and No, concerning, did LWW run Gayle off....not in the sense he would like to believe....that he so overwhelmed her with his "facts" that she was forced to concede...what got her ill, was this guy with his "heroic" avatar explaining the war to her, and then she would see the reality of the war on her weekly visits to the Vet's hospital. There was more, of course....what she knows and what she believes to be true about this President, and this administration, she needed a break from trying to argue that here.
I believe though, that Sonoma was an unexpected challenge for LWW, and more then he bargained for. From the exchanges that I read, Sonoma showed up this "strutting little peacock", in just about every post.
If you want a real take on these two....it's not what the write, or the animosity contained within....it's what they don't write.
They never post on a "friendly" topic, never share a joke or a laugh, never post on the pool side, never add anything positive to someone else's posts....never post anything interesting that isn't centered around themselves....

hondo
12-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Calm down. We don't hate you.
I'm not the awful person you think I am.
I was just having some fun with you and
I never dreamed you would get this distraught.

hondo
12-14-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm pulling for you, too, LWW. I'm really concerned
about you. If I knew my teasing you would drive you off the
deep end like it apparently has, I never would have done it.
From now on, I'm going to quit teasing you.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Let the healing begin.

Drop1
12-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Bug, the only victim I see is wearing boxing gloves. You proved nothing here,except you got owned by SONoma. Smile man,you are on our Forum.
Quote Bug: "What are we"

S0Noma
12-14-2007, 10:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>
As for those who formerly posted on this site but have disappeared... People leave because of time constraints and other interests. If I suddenly fall off this site, it will not mean someone has made me leave. It will likely be from time constraints due to work, family activities, or other hobbies I enjoy. Because I currently enjoy this site so much, I take the time to post and read here. That may change next week. And if you were on here and left the site cause you didn't get your way or someone disagreed with you, then good-bye to you. You obviously had no character and spine to begin with. <hr /></blockquote>

Nail head - meet hammer. Good post, sir. This is precisely why forums thrive or wither and die. This is the Internet - people of all persuasions are going to show up and say their say in forums. Those that feel like contributing do and those that don't move on.

To blame any single poster here or small group of posters here for 'killing the forum' is petty, small minded and absurd. Far more likely that those complaining are complaining because they do not like reading some of the viewpoints that they find here. They are unhappy and uncomfortable at seeing contrarian views that conflict with their political or religious outlook on life. Tough cookies for them.

For those of you who can regulate the information in your life to the degree that you only 'see' or 'hear' the things you want? More power to you. But, if you can't force this forum to conform to your strict set of values without killing it? Then what have you proven?

Mr. Kennedy, forums ARE like gardens they need to be planted and fed - watered and tended. If they are? They will grow and produce and give back much more than they take.

Sadly, the NPR is at a demographic disadvantage. It's disadvantaged because it's a small little corner of a pool magazine website in a sport that's basically dying. Not to say that the game will ever die out - it will come back - maybe the next 'Hustler' movie will do it? (one can always hope). The overall attendance to these kinds of web sites has to be in decline. The NPR itself, gets little or no promotion - so even those who are coming to read and post in the main forum have little incentive to come here - much less post here.

There are myriad reasons why forums die - and there is no doubt that this one has been in decline for quite some time. But I can promise you all, the decline and prospective demise of this place has NOTHING to do with a few conservative posters being unhappy with Gayle's alleged liberal harangues.

Forums are what you make them. No posts? Forum dies. Lot's of interesting posts and threads? Forum thrives. It's not too much more complicated than that.

Qtec
12-14-2007, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to know how many people have left, all you have to do is look at the forum archives and see all the names that aren't here anymore. Now there are complaints that the forum is boring. Most of us have jobs and don't have time to surf around and come up with interesting things to post. With a larger pool of people, chances are that someone out of the group will find something interesting just about everyday.<hr /></blockquote>

Have you SEEN the front page of the NPR? The political threads are in the minority and there are many wide ranging threads-mostly thanks to SoNoma and the NPR is as dead as ever.!!!
When I first came here political threads were rampant, especially after 9/11 and the lead up to the Iraq invasion. I stumbled in here after reading an eg8r post /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I still visit. Sure , there are a lot of good posters who have left and I was sorry to see them go but change is natural and honestly, most who left rarely posted on the NPR side..The NPR had a healthy discussion about the events of the day but the real flame threads- when it got really nasty and personal- all happened on the other side.

[ QUOTE ]
This forum used to be a lot different. I can't even count the number of belly laughs I have gotten from it. I agree with Fran that there are a few trouble makers that have ruined the place. I don't think shutting it down is the answer. The reason it was created in the first place, is because they were doing these rants on the pool side of the board. If you shut down NPR they will just go back over there.

I would say that it needs a moderator to step and stop things before they get out of hand. <hr /></blockquote>

If I complained that a lot of threads on the CCB were more suited to a physics forum than a pool forum, wouldn't those people just say, "don't read them".?!

Belly laughs!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember Sparky? [ give me a dollar LOL
] I,m sure eg8r does.! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AAh those were the days. LOL

Q .......what was that guy's name, funny as hell, wrote a short story........?

DickLeonard
12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
SKennedy GWB was misinformed but not Gayle she does her homework,reads books,Cpan etc. ####

LWW
12-15-2007, 06:10 AM
no hondo, you decided to shiite in the community pot once again. This time however, I've shoved you back into your own soup and you are whining about it.

If you would for once be peaceful for more than a single post your misery would end.

LWW

hondo
12-15-2007, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> no hondo, you decided to shiite in the community pot once again. This time however, I've shoved you back into your own soup and you are whining about it.

If you would for once be peaceful for more than a single post your misery would end.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Re-read your post and calmly try to figure out why
everybody on here can't stand you and try to change.
I'm pulling for you, buddy.

S0Noma
12-15-2007, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> ...I fear nobody here ...

A few of us <font color="blue"> (from AZB) </font color> came <font color="blue">(to the NPR)</font color> and found, for the most part, a pack of vicious naziesque crazies who spat venom in every direction.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

http://i16.tinypic.com/8ffkufm.jpg

LWW
12-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Unlike you hondo I am unconcerned with peer pressure.

I would expect most people here to react as you do because for the most part the members here are rude, non thinking bots that must be programmed by "THEIR LEADER" in order to know what it is they believe from day to day.

SONoma, I am never anything less than amazed by the capacity of your HD. You must have 8-10 TB of homoerotic porn on their son. Does your mom know you keep that in your room?

LWW

Wally_in_Cincy
12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Funny thing is when she pm'd me about quiting posting....all she mentioned was what a total jerk you were <hr /></blockquote>

Man that's the pot calling the kettle black. The venom that comes from that woman is unparalelled. LWW is certainly no worse than her.

Count me as one who left this place for the most part. I used to enjoy a debate with Ross and hondo because they were civil and stated reasons for their beliefs. Gayle is not a debater, rather a hysterical ranter. If I (or eg8r or LWW) asked her to explain, for instance, why she thinks the economy is currently the worst since the Great Depression, I received a barrage of her usual boilerplate. I hope she used the copy-and-paste and did not actually type all that over and over again.

Then I was subjected to her insults to Christianity.

Then I had to endure the "my life is perfect" stories. Her marriage is perfect (isn't everybody's?), my Dad used to drive around handing out coats to freezing poor children. I am surprised she did not claim that he was the inspiration for the charachter Atticus Finch.

It all tended to make me lose my appetite so I gave up trying to debate her. It was a total waste of time.

wolfdancer
12-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Have you noticed that every other post is how he put someone down, how he exposed them, how he made a fool of them, etc......?
If I had to run around on the internet, hoping to claim the upper hand in minor arguments, against people I've never met...just to prove my self worth....I think I would seek some help.
In the only two threads that I've read where he is trying to make a point...he came off badly...the liberals starting forest fires, and his laughable sedition post. All I got out of his posts, was that he reads an article, and then tries to claim some expertise on the subject.It's laughable....
It's not only what he doesn't write that exposes him as just another loudmouth buffoon ....the kind you see in every neighborhood bar.....but I don't see a groundswell of support for him among the Republicans, on board here.
It's hard for him to become the leader...if no one except Bama is cheering him on

S0Noma
12-15-2007, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Count me as one who left this place for the most part.
It all tended to make me lose my appetite so I gave up trying to debate her. It was a total waste of time.
<hr /></blockquote>

Actually, Wally there are lots of topics to discuss that do not involve either politics or religion.

Your fixation on blaming Gayle for the current state of the forum notwithstanding, what's keeping you from offering up a few of your own links of interest?

Hunting, fishing, sports, sex, food, cars, - lot's of subjects out there that don't require a conservative or liberal viewpoint to be worth talking about.

You could do more to make this place the way you want it to be. Crying in your soup about Gayle and the myriad ways she irritated you is fine right up to the point where you pretend that it's the be all and the end all of what's wrong with this forum.

What's wrong with this forum is that too few people are posting/talking here.

Don't like the flavor of a thread? Start your own.

Come on Wally - you can do it - give it a shot.

wolfdancer
12-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Not only has he found a new cliche....(shite....) which he has already overused and worn out.....again, another claim that he has imposed a humiliating defeat upon you.
I didn't like him at first....but now I'm beginning to feel sorry for him....

Wally_in_Cincy
12-15-2007, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> Actually, Wally there are lots of topics to discuss that do not involve either politics or religion.

Your fixation on blaming Gayle for the current state of the forum notwithstanding, what's keeping you from offering up a few of your own links of interest?

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm pretty busy these days.

S0Noma
12-15-2007, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> Actually, Wally there are lots of topics to discuss that do not involve either politics or religion.

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm pretty busy these days. <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to hear it. It would be nice to see you contribute something to this forum to make it what you'd like it to be. Criticism without constructive contribution loses a lot in the translation.

wolfdancer
12-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Unlike you hondo I am unconcerned with peer pressure.
Wonder why then, it's so important for you to announce your "wins"?
While condemning everybody else as rude....all of your posts, read to me as both insulting and self promoting.
Your comments to Sonoma are 6th grade stuff, at best.In fact,the line as written makes little sense....and this from a Mensa Member? (They must have lowered the bar a bit)

Wally_in_Cincy
12-15-2007, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> It would be nice to see you contribute something to this forum to make it what you'd like it to be. <hr /></blockquote>

To be perfectly honest, I really don't care what shape this forum takes. Three years ago, when I posted several times a day, I probably did care. I just happened to be at work today and taking a few minutes entertainment break. Like I said before, debating with Gayle or Qtec is an exercise in futility, so why waste the time?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> Criticism without constructive contribution loses a lot in the translation.

<hr /></blockquote>

I tried to post reasonable arguments for consideration and they were scoffed at and in return I received hysterical diatribes with nothing even close to addressing my points. I was almost expecting to open this board someday and read something brilliant like:

<font color="blue">Hey Ho, Hey Ho

War for Oil has got to go </font color>

so what's the point?

maybe I'll get fired up again when the election heats up next year

SKennedy
12-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Now Wally, you've posted on here quite a bit since I've been on this site....but I did notice you've been silent of late.

WoW~~ I got a Mr. Kennedy from SONoma? Thank you sir.
You'll notice that as the subject turns more general in nature how "someone" continues to make it a personal thing about himself? So, I'll address him directly....
LWW...how about holding back a little? You don't have to kick everyone's butt. This is not a contest. Give it a rest for awhile and have some fun with the group as a whole. I use to say something similar to Gayle!

hondo
12-15-2007, 05:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Unlike you hondo I am unconcerned with peer pressure.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Again, analyze your posts.
If you don't care about how they feel about you on here, why post? You come across as a troll.
Everybody on here, left &amp; right, either ignores you
or laughs at you.
What are you hoping to achieve?
You keep mentioning my misery? I've been having a blast.
What misery?
Meanwhile, you call me names and rant and rave.
Which one of us is miserable?
You call everyone on here names; you go on about how
insignificant everyone is, and yet you keep coming
back, sinking further and further into your own shite.
Look within yourself. Find your inner strength and
quit attacking the fine members of CCB.
Go out a winner. God bless you.

wolfdancer
12-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Hondo, have you considered..... "that dog don't hunt"

hondo
12-16-2007, 07:30 AM
I am very close to putting him on ignore.
Something I have never done with anyone in
the past.
I'm seriously starting to think he has some
mental issues.
What I've always seen as harmless delusions in
the past are taking on a darker nature these days.
He's become obsessed with me. Who needs this crap?
It's just a silly forum where we say what we believe,
for crying out loud.

S0Noma
12-16-2007, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I am very close to putting him on ignore.
Something I have never done with anyone in
the past.
I'm seriously starting to think he has some
mental issues.
What I've always seen as harmless delusions in
the past are taking on a darker nature these days.
He's become obsessed with me. Who needs this crap?
It's just a silly forum where we say what we believe,
for crying out loud. <hr /></blockquote>

Hondo, all kidding aside, the 'emperor' in question has no clothes. You can see it, we can ALL see it, and he hates you/us for it. In this case, he's holding you accountable not only for having brought him here in the first place but also because you've been a communication bridge between the two forums. As he's fled from here to lick his wounds and lie about his alleged 'NPR victories' to his cronies on AZB, you've been reporting his deceit back to us. A pompous little egocentric marionette like him can't withstand being exposed to the light of your scrutiny.

Once he made the leap from AZB to NPR his bullying, blustering, pontificating, facade began to crumble. His claims of intellectual prowess to the contrary, he clearly suffers from an obvious lack of formal education. When challenged, he consistently demonstrates his underdeveloped critical thinking skills in the form of poorly constructed arguments and baseless opinions.

You are being held to blame because you see him for what he is.

It's not your fault, Hondo, you are only calling things as you see them. But you must know that he hates you for it. Hence the venom and the repeated attacks on your character in a vain attempt to discredit you.

He's a little peacock whose used to strutting and preening in front of an appreciative audience. He has that audience on AZB but runs well short of fans here.

You've made the little peacock mad buddy. That's about it. I wouldn't worry too much about it as the worst he can do is try and peck you to death and from where I sit I doubt that he's got a big enough pecker to do you (or anyone) much harm.

http://i4.tinypic.com/6ocrt79.jpg

wolfdancer
12-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I do believe he has some "issues" to deal with...whether they border on psychosis is another story.
Either way, since he is now in stalker mode....it's best to totally ignore him.
He came on here..."demanding" that people reply to his posts, and now that few do, he claims people are afraid of him....WHF?
He just isn't worth my even reading his tripe, let alone replying to...
Let him claim his imaginary "victories" who really gives a f**k?

wolfdancer
12-16-2007, 02:50 PM
That might be a little harsh, but probably pretty close to being right on the money. As I mentioned....it's not only what he writes, but what he doesn't write....
I've never seen anybody else trying so hard to prove that they "measure up"....

bamadog
12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
He just isn't worth my even reading his tripe, let alone replying to...
Let him claim his imaginary "victories" who really gives a f**k? <hr /></blockquote>

And yet you are clearly obsessed with him.

Your EVERY post SCREAMS it!

Try to get a grip.
You are looking pretty desperate.

wolfdancer
12-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Fortunately **** I don't have to read your s**t either.
I do occasionally read LWW..just to try to understand the thinking behind those fantasies.
But since you come across as just a trouble maker, with no real agenda, except to try to sound both smart and threatening, you really ain't worth the time of day.
there's "one of you" in just about every neighborhood bar on the weekends...couple of drinks in them, and they think they are smarter and tougher then the rest (after carefully checking though)....
Dream on pal...your fantasy isn't any closer to reality then your bobblehead friends is.
"Great post LWW"..."you said it, Dawg"
You two need your own website....course, no one else would read it
Have a nice Christmas and New Year's....I'm done replying to you....

LWW
12-16-2007, 07:22 PM
They are all obsessed Dawg.

It's among the funniest things I've ever witnessed.

LWW

SKennedy
12-16-2007, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> It's just a silly forum where we say what we believe,
for crying out loud. <hr /></blockquote>

Very true. That's what we should all remember!

SKennedy
12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> I have had correspondence with Gayle and she sends Holiday Greetings to her old friends. She would also like to thank the boys from AZB for making her withdrawal from the CCB a painless effort. Love to All #### her faithful follower <hr /></blockquote>

What would Gayle think to know that this thread has generated 4 pages of comments! She keeps things interesting even in her absence.

LWW
12-17-2007, 05:36 AM
The Gaylebots are in complete disarray without someone to tell them what they think. Sans that, they flounder about as we are witnessing now.

LWW

hondo
12-17-2007, 07:37 AM
With the more you post, the funnier the image of the old man in underwear giving everyone the finger becomes.
I'm pulling for you, buddy. Let the healing begin.

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 08:47 AM
LOL, Dick, have you ever seen a wish to all for a Merry Christmas generate such "Vitrioilic" responses? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dick, did I ever tell you how much I love you? But alas, I suffer from senility, (according to our friend SKennedy)hence, how would I know? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Be well, dear.

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Bamadog,
When you and LWW began to post to me, I stated that the answers to your questions were all in the archives, and they are. Please don't imagine yourself so well informed that you, or any other poster here, could drive me away, or intimidate me with your "Facts". I often ignore posters whose only interest is to generate flame wars, and whose only goal is to insult me, contrary to what some of my more insulting critics like to think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Merry Christmas

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Hello dear,
Thank you friend, and I'll be back after the Christmas Season is over. This is a very busy time of the year for me. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
<font color="red">Merry Christmas to you, friend, and all the best to you and yours.

LOVE,
Gayle </font color>

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
<font color="red">
Merry Christmas Hondo,

Love,
Gayle</font color>

DickLeonard
12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
SKennedy knowing Gayle she would say I write about all the crooked things this Administration has done,their total disregard for the Constitution. Their ineptness in running anything, "Good Job Brownie"GWB. "I never thought they would fly an airplane into a building"Condi Rice". That list could go on forever and just my name on a post draws 100+ replies. Now I am famous on blogs maybe I can straighten this country out after all. Love Gayle

DickLeonard
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Sonoma how the hell did you ever get a picture of LWW in such a compromising pose. I know Bamadog took it.####

DickLeonard
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
LWW me thinks you don't think and if you do you can't type because none of your thought have been written down for us to ponder. Gaylebots are alive and well.####

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Hello friend,
You are right on the money, friend. As we often discussed in our PM's, what was the point in responding to posts which were aimed at dismantling facts already proven? Answer them, yet again, and one is accused of being long winded, regurgitating the same old issues, over and over, going on a tirade. Ignore them, and some, with, shall we say, somewhat self serving views, assume omnipotance!

We know the real truth, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif sometimes total ignore is the only way.

<font color="red">Merry Christmas Jack!

Love,
Gayle </font color>

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 09:17 AM
<font color="red">Merry Christmas, Fran, and as always, all the best, to you, and yours.

Love,
Gayle </font color>

DickLeonard
12-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Gayle you know the feeling is mutual it has been an interesting post. Hopefully the New Year will bring a new horde of AZBers at least some with Brains.

Always willing to throw another log on the fire.

Happy Holidays
Love Dick

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 09:29 AM
<font color="red">Merry Christmas! </font color>

For the record, I don't believe that all Southern Christians, or Christian Conservatives, are the same, or are all ignorant. I truly don't believe that all of any given group, are the same. I also don't believe that discussions based on religion, including the personal religious beliefs of any candidate, has any place in our public political discourse. I don't think our Founding Fathers struggled to separate chruch and state, only to have an organization such as the Christian Coalition destroy what they achieved, or that they are correct in organizing themselves as a political force, in order to dictate to all others, according to their own personal religious belief system.

Have a wonderful Christmas, and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LWW
12-17-2007, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Bamadog,
When you and LWW began to post to me, I stated that the answers to your questions were all in the archives, and they are. Please don't imagine yourself so well informed that you, or any other poster here, could drive me away, or intimidate me with your "Facts". I often ignore posters whose only interest is to generate flame wars, and whose only goal is to insult me, contrary to what some of my more insulting critics like to think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Merry Christmas

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>
Madam, it is hondo who suggested I had driven you off.

I have tried to engage you but you obviously fear to have your ideology analyzed up close ... and your bots fear it worse.

Your "do a search" is arrogance of the first order, and many things brought were issues of current import which could not possibly be found in a search of anything.

Callous rudeness however, in combination of an abject disregard for anything which does not match your myopic POV, is all that you have. It is all hondo has. It is all SONoma has. It is all Wolfie has. It is all Hillary has. It is all Al Gore has.

You preach an intellectually bankrupt ideology propped uponly by the lies told to you by your handlers at the DNC.

Trust me when I say this Gayle, I used to be deluded like you. Take my hand and I will lead you from he wilderness.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but the worse one on here for doing this very thing is Gayle. <hr /></blockquote> I think that is debatable, friend, but we will have to agree to disagree. I once advised you to read the archives, so that you could get some sense of what anyone who was against the policies of the Bush administration was facing if they dared to speak out against his unamerican policies. I was the recipient of relentless attacks, from many of those who are still accusing me of being the sole cause of the more "Vitriolic" discourse here. I have made many gestures through PM's, to work toward assuaging the insulting practices which I faced from the beginning as I joined, and I do mean joined, the political discourse, already in place for years, before I began to add my two cents. I think, with some investigation, you will find that some of those here who critisize and accuse me, have written the most hateful posts ever written on the forum. While I may have called you a kook for thinking that human actions do not contribute to global warming, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif that is certainly no worse than your calling my thinking process a function of senility. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The truth is, we all have times when reading the opinions of others gets testy for us, as many of us here have strong convictions, but then, what good are convictions, without dedication?

All in all, it's all good, as long as we are exercising our right to speak freely, and our intentions are good and of high intention, there are times when the most important result is that citizens continue to share their knowledge, and views, even if we do clash on occasion. I'm guilty of everything I'm being accused of here, posts that are too long, (I'll work on that) and vitriolic posts, but those are usually against bush, and the Repulbicans who covered for him in the Congress as he lied and abused his power. No matter how many times I stated that I wasn't aiming my view at people here, but at the Republicans on the Hill, people took my statements personally.

I admire, also, the private, personal struggle we each make to determine our spiritual beliefs, but not efforts to shove them down the throats of others through intimidation, and/or legislation.
[ QUOTE ]
And let's also not forget that just because we agree with some other right-winger about an issue and say something similar doesn't mean we don't have a mind of our own or are parroting. <hr /></blockquote>
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">That goes both ways? Both sides use that argument, though, always have, and probably always will. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif [

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
<font color="red">Merry christmas Steve! </font color>

BTW, did you know, GW is evil!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JC, I know you would never attack anyone, personally, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
<font color="red">Merry Christmas, Richard! </font color>

I saw Gayle get into a lot of long winded diatribes in defense of whatever argument that she was attempting to muster but I do not remember her ever conducting herself as dishonestly as the poster known as LWW.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guilty as charged. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I would have edited those long winded posts of mine, had I realized my fellow posters thought that reading them was mandatory! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Have a wonderful Christmas, and a Happy New Year, friend.

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But sometimes she may be misinformed (as well as I).
<hr /></blockquote> No, not me, just you, lol.

Here's a funny story for you from back years ago, when Bush first began to show his dishonesty, and incompetence, I used to call him Little Bushy, and some posters were outraged over it. Said that I should show some respect for our President! Came down on me like Evangelists on crack! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Now there is a political cartoon show entitled "Little Bushy" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Oh my, what have we become? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

Thomas Jefferson

Hey Wolf, looks like we barely escaped the power of the mighty, and complete censorship, by the hair of our chinny chin chins.

I doubt seriously that Billiards Digest gives a hoot about what political views are discussed on here. Let's just hope no one calls out their flying monkeys, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Merry Christmas, Chop,
I'd just like to add here, our country was a lot different, too. We weren't absent almost four thousand American Souls, for one thing, and trillions of dollars in debt.

It isn't about me, Chop, it's about the war. I might add that I once stayed off the forum for several months, after DG, decided to launch a poll, directed at Q and I, and have people vote about what could and could not be posted on here. Nothing changed. People still posted political threads, got in arguments with one another, insulted one another, and blamed the other guy for what they chose to read.

Learning to master the scrolling function is a valuable enterprise for those who can't take responsibility for what they decide to read. To some, reading a different opinion is proof of stumbling upon a trouble maker, as you put it. I believe I have withstood far more personal attacks on here than most, and one very vitriolic attack from you, but it's OK. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm a big girl, and I can take it.

Merry Christmas,

Love,
Gayle...

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle is not a debater, rather a hysterical ranter. If I (or eg8r or LWW) asked her to explain, for instance, why she thinks the economy is currently the worst since the Great Depression, I received a barrage of her usual boilerplate. I hope she used the copy-and-paste and did not actually type all that over and over again.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Wally,
How many times have you typed these complaints? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Practice scrolling, Wally, cause I'm just taking a break from here for a while.

Time will tell on the economy, but present estimates of six trillion in debt from this war don't suggest a booming future for America. There are more people in foreclosure right now than since the great depression. Regardless of what you say, I think I tried to answer most of your questions. I too, felt that you didn't answer many of mine. Asking them was still valuable, though.

Now before I go, do you believe a man can live inside a whale? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 10:57 AM
are you trying to ruin, with your cheery holiday greetings, the prevailing zeitgeist of the board (hate and discontent, as introduced by.......)?
Merry Christmas to you Gayle, and to Jim, and all your loved one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eg8r
12-17-2007, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's clear the air. You baited on AZB for over a year for people to come here and face the great liberal minds. A few of us came and found, for the most part, a pack of vicious naziesque crazies who spat venom in every direction. <hr /></blockquote> Why not make this completely clear and state that your posting style is exactly like those whom you believe you beat.

[ QUOTE ]
Since then you have been bouncing back and forth between forums and flipping from troll to self proclaimed victim hourly. <hr /></blockquote> I agree here, hondo is no more than an instigator.

eg8r

bamadog
12-17-2007, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Bamadog,

Merry Christmas

Sorry Gayle, but, you, wolfie, dick, and sonoma have always been the most insulting and abusive posters here. So don't try to claim victimhood status now.

Try reading something other than left wing propagandists and apologists over the holidays. Then come back in the new year as a better informed citizen. Your posts will be vastly improved, and you will be much happier once you flush the hate out of your system.

Merry Christmas.

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey, Wally, btw, I still have plenty of venom for Bush, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif and the Republican Party, but my venom isn't unparalled Wally, that you would forget all the serious questions I posed, years ago, to which your only response was to insult my intelligence, is pretty convenient. I used to call you the sniper! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Now as I recall, one of your statements was that some women need to be oppressed. Are you still of that same opinion?

As I experienced it, my views were the justification for your attacks, not the way I treated you, or any other person on here. How many insults must one endure, without responding in kind?

I told you all along, I can give as good as I get.

[ QUOTE ]
Then I was subjected to her insults to Christianity.
<hr /></blockquote>

No Wally, you weren't subject to them. They weren't about you. You didn't have to read them, and you didn't have to assume that they were directed at you in particular. In short, you were guilty of all the things you accuse me of, and you surely didn't stiffle your own vitriolic responses to me, from the outset. In fact, you only answered my posts with your own style of insults, condescending attitudes, and sarcasm.

I think this post of yours is indicative of your approach to me throughout. Yes, I'm very greatful to have had a Father, like the one I had, and a husband like Jim. I'm proud that they are both good men, generous with their time, and money, and caring of others not as fortunate as they are, and while my life isn't perfect, far from it, I consider myself fortunate to have had the many blessings, if you will, which I have enjoyed, good parents, healthy kids, a fine son-in-law, and a beautiful little Grandaughter.

I am against George Bush, the Republican Party, and the Christian Coalition. I believe that those are the true reasons why.... [ QUOTE ]

<hr /></blockquote>

And also why, I gave up trying to answer some of your questions, when you wouldn't answer mine.

Merry Christmas...

Love,
Gayle

Vapros
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Season's Greetings, Gayle!

Wow, about fifteen posts already today! What should we expect when you return from your break? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayalley
12-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Good Grief!! I thought that we were rid of this woman !! Enough with the tedious good-byes and the gushing encomiums....go back to your busy holiday duties....please.

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 11:38 AM
As usual, your post is self serving (IMO)....putting people down, while trying to place yourself above the crowd.
It's the reason, few here will respond positively to your posts.
I don't believe you to be any smarter then the avg member here, despite your ludicrous IQ challenge, and haven't seen anything that you have posted in rebuttal to others, that negates my assumption.
In short, I think you put your shorts on same as we all do, one leg at a time.
I read some of your posts over at AZB, and read into them the same delusional paranoia that I read into your posts here(again, that's just my opinion)
What do you take to medicate the depression that follows, when you have some brief moments of reality? Or does that make you want to grab your gun and go to McDonald's? (that's kind of a worst case scenario, but from the tone of your writings, it wouldn't be any surprise to me)
Get yourself some professional help, and maybe you can even get a package deal....two for one, and take Bama with you

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So don't try to claim victimhood status now.

<hr /></blockquote>

BWA HA HA HA...Please show where I am claiming to have been your victim. Don't flatter youself, Buddy, neither you, or your friend, LWW, could victimize me. Claiming to be a victim, and stating the truth about why I don't respond to you, or LWW are two different things, FYI. I'm completely indifferent to your posts.

I put the two of you on total ignore when you came here for good reasons, none of which had anything to do with your imagined superior intellect, nor his imangined superior intellect.

Results of seven years of George Bush, and four years during his administration of Republican Spending, and bloating the size of the Government, lying the country into this unwinnable war, are plain to see, and I will spare my fellow posters from listing all the rest of the results, once again.

There is a reason why the Republicans can't raise the money that Democrats are presently raising, corruption, incompetence, lies, torture, to name a few, and I, unlike you, have nothing to twist around in the interest of any party. Debating whether or not what has already been proven is real, is folly. Go find yourself another playground, Sonny, I'm not interested on your games, but do have yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and a happy, healthy New Year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
12-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Crush the flowers,break the crystal,turn out the stars,just knowing you will return,is life enough for me.
Love Drop,by drop

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Greetings Vapros, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
12-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Only in the same sense people attended Geek shows. Go ahead,and swallow another rat Bug.

They always do Wolf,they always do.
Quote The Bug "What are we"

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey Dick,
You can speak for me anytime dear. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LWW
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
They have nothing else Dawg.

Some of them hide it better than the vacuous onehowever.

LWW

LWW
12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> As usual, your post is self serving (IMO)....putting people down, while trying to place yourself above the crowd.
It's the reason, few here will respond positively to your posts.
I don't believe you to be any smarter then the avg member here, despite your ludicrous IQ challenge, and haven't seen anything that you have posted in rebuttal to others, that negates my assumption.
In short, I think you put your shorts on same as we all do, one leg at a time.
I read some of your posts over at AZB, and read into them the same delusional paranoia that I read into your posts here(again, that's just my opinion)
What do you take to medicate the depression that follows, when you have some brief moments of reality? Or does that make you want to grab your gun and go to McDonald's? (that's kind of a worst case scenario, but from the tone of your writings, it wouldn't be any surprise to me)
Get yourself some professional help, and maybe you can even get a package deal....two for one, and take Bama with you <hr /></blockquote>
As usual you are a brainwashed buffoon who has admitted to being a closed minded nonthinker of inferior intellect ... all your claims and none that are mine ... who spits venom with abandon and then run's for cover when someone doesn't appreciate it.

On the grand scale of thinking people you even rank below hondo. He is trouble maker and knows it. You are merely a tool in the hands of trolls.

You have my sympathy brother.

LWW

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Dick, I think you have a "fan", make that, a stalker....
I've seen that scenario here before....if someone has a respectful "name", a reputation for doing something better then most....they become a target...there have been some good player's, author's, etc run off of here....actually they just quit rather then be bothered by those zany folks.
His "put downs" are becoming more and more (imo) repetitious, and juvenile (although that word is over-used as well).
Anyway, they are just a minor annoyance....I've encountered much worse on sites where they don't have a cuss word filter.
Don't let either one get to you...because that is their real goal in posting here.

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 12:30 PM
LOL, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif You got it babe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm really busy these days, but I'll be stopping by from time to time. Meanwhile, you'll have to deal with the post police on your own, but I know you can handle it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I gotta tell ya, I haven't laughed this hard in a while, atleast since Huckabee hinted that God was behind his poll figures, or was it when Romney said that freedom brings religion, and religion brings freedom, something like that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This campaign is like watching cartoons on saturday morning. I feel like a kid again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JEEEZE, is this bunch the best we can do in this country? And Oprah, using her blackspeak intonations to communicate! I'd like to hear her do that when she's accepting her next acting award. She sounded like Martin Luther King, in the flesh! I must say, there are candidates on both sides that are so far away from presidential material, it's a bit worrisome, considering the mess we're in.

I'll be stopping by on occasion, unless they send out the flying monkeys to get me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love and best wishes,
Gayle

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
AND, most were just wishing folks a Merry Christmas....did you find that objectionable???
Since Wally expressed his opinions, and charges about Gayle, I think she was entitled to explain her side of the story, in return.

bamadog
12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

<hr /></blockquote>

BWA HA HA HA...Please show where I am claiming to have been your victim. Don't flatter youself, Buddy, neither you, or your friend, LWW, could victimize me. Claiming to be a victim, and stating the truth about why I don't respond to you, or LWW are two different things, FYI. I'm completely indifferent to your posts.

I put the two of you on total ignore when you came here for good reasons, none of which had anything to do with your imagined superior intellect, nor his imangined superior intellect.

Results of seven years of George Bush, and four years during his administration of Republican Spending, and bloating the size of the Government, lying the country into this unwinnable war, are plain to see, and I will spare my fellow posters from listing all the rest of the results, once again.

There is a reason why the Republicans can't raise the money that Democrats are presently raising, corruption, incompetence, lies, torture, to name a few, and I, unlike you, have nothing to twist around in the interest of any party. Debating whether or not what has already been proven is real, is folly. Go find yourself another playground, Sonny, I'm not interested on your games, but do have yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and a happy, healthy New Year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

A vintage Gayle mini rant. For old times sake. I'd guess.

Don't look now Gayle, but a lot has happened in the last month.

After you called Petraeus a liar for claiming the surge is working, Murtha visited Iraq and came to the same conclusion, along with the New York Times. So they must be liars too.

And it turns out, Pelosi and the Dem leadership Knew about, and approved of, waterboarding way back in 2002. They were just playing the, "we are outraged", card for political purposes.
As usual, they will do and say anything to discredit our troops or the President.

Looks like the Dem demagogues are crumbling.

SKennedy
12-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Hello Gayle. I knew you'd come back and say hello...
and for the record I do not think you are senile!
Merry Christmas!

LWW
12-17-2007, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

<hr /></blockquote>
Let's not forget that her beloved DNC was in on the waterboarding from the gitgo to Gitmo ... and apparently it was the Bushies who stopped the D's who were afraid that waterboarding wasn't strict enough.

LWW

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

A vintage Gayle mini rant. For old times sake. I'd guess.

Don't look now Gayle, but a lot has happened in the last month.

After you called Petraeus a liar for claiming the surge is working, Murtha visited Iraq and came to the same conclusion, along with the New York Times. So they must be liars too.

And it turns out, Pelosi and the Dem leadership Knew about, and approved of, waterboarding way back in 2002. They were just playing the, "we are outraged", card for political purposes.
As usual, they will do and say anything to discredit our troops or the President.

Looks like the Dem demagogues are crumbling. <hr /></blockquote>

SKennedy
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
but the worse one on here for doing this very thing is Gayle. <hr /></blockquote> I think that is debatable, friend, but we will have to agree to disagree. I once advised you to read the archives, so that you could get some sense of what anyone who was against the policies of the Bush administration was facing if they dared to speak out against his unamerican policies. I was the recipient of relentless attacks, from many of those who are still accusing me of being the sole cause of the more "Vitriolic" discourse here. I have made many gestures through PM's, to work toward assuaging the insulting practices which I faced from the beginning as I joined, and I do mean joined, the political discourse, already in place for years, before I began to add my two cents. I think, with some investigation, you will find that some of those here who critisize and accuse me, have written the most hateful posts ever written on the forum. While I may have called you a kook for thinking that human actions do not contribute to global warming, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif that is certainly no worse than your calling my thinking process a function of senility. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The truth is, we all have times when reading the opinions of others gets testy for us, as many of us here have strong convictions, but then, what good are convictions, without dedication?

All in all, it's all good, as long as we are exercising our right to speak freely, and our intentions are good and of high intention, there are times when the most important result is that citizens continue to share their knowledge, and views, even if we do clash on occasion. I'm guilty of everything I'm being accused of here, posts that are too long, (I'll work on that) and vitriolic posts, but those are usually against bush, and the Repulbicans who covered for him in the Congress as he lied and abused his power. No matter how many times I stated that I wasn't aiming my view at people here, but at the Republicans on the Hill, people took my statements personally.

I admire, also, the private, personal struggle we each make to determine our spiritual beliefs, but not efforts to shove them down the throats of others through intimidation, and/or legislation.
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
And let's also not forget that just because we agree with some other right-winger about an issue and say something similar doesn't mean we don't have a mind of our own or are parroting. <hr /></blockquote>
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<font color="red">That goes both ways? Both sides use that argument, though, always have, and probably always will. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif [ <hr /></blockquote>

Guess what? I agree with you.
Again enjoy yourself this holiday season!!

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
You spout the same tired old Right-wing line...that being against Bush, is being against the troops....
It's ***** BS, and you know it.....
No American is "against the troops"....but many are against the criminal enterprise that has taken over the White House....now that's a different story.
AND people like you with your hate agenda

bamadog
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM

<hr /></blockquote>

BWA HA HA HA...Please show where I am claiming to have been your victim.

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

(quote, Gayle)"I once advised you to read the archives, so that you could get some sense of what anyone who was against the policies of the Bush administration was facing if they dared to speak out against his unamerican policies. I was the recipient of relentless attacks, from many of those who are still accusing me of being the sole cause of the more "Vitriolic" discourse here."(quote, Gayle)

Right there Gayle, you are claiming to be a victim.

Now, since you, and the other Libs here, are constantly claiming that "Bush lied us into the war", I'll offer the same challenge to you that I posed to Dick:
What was the "lie"?
When and where was the "lie" told?

Let's see if you can do a better job than Dick of defending the accusation with facts.
So come on Gayle, your lap dogs are always gushing at how well-informed you are.
Post the facts, just once.

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Don't take this as an indication that I will answer your posts in the future, because I won't, but this one time, this is a good example of why I won't....

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

This is so far from the statements I actually made, and the point I was making, that it is too much trouble to get involved in discussing it with you.

One Hundred and ninety thousand weapons, AKA's, to be exact, have vanished, and Petraeus says he doesn't know what happened to them. The purpose of the "Surge" was supposed to give the Iraqis "Breathing room" to achieve political reconciliation, settle their diffferences about oil profits, and come together as some sort of democratic government. None of that has been accomplished, hence, the surge, has failed to achieve the results which Bush stated were the reasons for its necessity. My remarks about the General were aimed at his statements, that he made, during his testimony, which he changed later, after recieving a call from the White House. When asked, if our losses of life and treasure in Iraq, would make us safer, here at home, he responded, "Actually, I don't know." That statement was the subject of my post about him.

I wish you a Merry Christmas, but since you can't follow what I write, I can't answer your posts, it's too much trouble, and Im simply not inclined to waste my time with people who twist what I say into something other than what was stated.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Merry Christmas:

Wolfdancer
Vapros
Chopstick
Gayle
Drop1
SKennedy
Hondo
LLC
bamadog
Q
Wally
Fran
Sonoma
Dick

May each of you have a safe and wonderful Christmas and that all of your families stay safe. I know we all appreciate that while we will never agree, we can all wish the best for everyone this season and hope that everyone come back to "fight" another day after the holidays.

Special wishes to all who have family fighting for us.

Cheers

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
For the last time, since those actions had no affect on me, as you can see, I'm still here, and still posting, there is no claim of mine, in the quote of my words, which you cut and pasted, that I was a victim. Being a victim, requires that one feels damaged. Since, as you can see, I am still here, still posting, and still not taking their personal attacks seriously, there is no claim on my part of being a victim.

And, along with that, you took a statement out of a post to someone else, and used it as though it applied to the statement I made to YOU, and LWW. You do this quite a lot. It does not advance effective communication. It is a trick that you like to use in order to twist what another person has stated. I stated that I was no victim of yours, or your buddy LWW, since neither of you have any affect on me. You, obviously, cannot read the King's English. That's one reason, out of many, why I don't respond to your posts.

You are now back on total ignore. I trust you will be quite happy there?

Gayle in Md.

bamadog
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I figured you couldn't back up your statements, nor answer my challenge. You obviously prefer to rant.

Here's a little opinion piece from you:

(quote, Gayle)
I Hope the damn government does fail. I think it has already been taken over by Iran.

The surge, has failed.
Gayle in Md.

You always seem to back the wrong horse.

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't need your sympathy, and if you believe that you scare me....tell me it what way, please?
I find little in your posts worth responding to...I just see false claims, and wild assumptions, coupled with your usual insults.
If you need these little "wins" on message boards to feed your ego....and as you have written many times, there is no challenge here for you....why stay?...why not go to
web page (http://www.debate.com/) ...a variety of topics there, for you to enlighten the participants, with your self proclaimed, vast knowledge?
Why keep arguing here with people that you have no respect for their input? It serves no purpose, since you keep telling everybody how intelligent you are, and how dumb they must be, not to agree with you.
Sorry, but I just don't buy into your claims of uber-intellect....and you haven't backed them up one iota.
But have a great day!!!

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks Dee...wish you and yours, a great Christmas and New Year's as well.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Juletr%C3%A6et.jpg/250px-Juletr%C3%A6et.jpg

bamadog
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Apparently it is YOU who cannot read the King's English.
I said that you were claiming to be a victim, which you obviously were. I never said you were my victim. Read more carefully.

Gayle in MD
12-17-2007, 01:58 PM
<font color="red">Merry Christmas Deeman, and a happy, healthy New Year. May there be peace in our world, hope for our future, and may I please win the lottery this year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

</font color>

bamadog
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
I find little in your posts worth responding to...

<hr /></blockquote>

But you just can't stop responding to them.

Man, you've got a bad case of "LWW obsession syndrome".
You should really get some medication for that.

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes, she is.
Why don't you complain then to the Webmaster that you object to her posts?
Or you could just choose to ignore her posts, and get on with your life.

LWW
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> You spout the same tired old Right-wing line...that being against Bush, is being against the troops....
It's ***** BS, and you know it.....
No American is "against the troops"....but many are against the criminal enterprise that has taken over the White House....now that's a different story.
AND people like you with your hate agenda
<hr /></blockquote>
Can you please post a quote where anyone said that?

LWW

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
I was responding to LWW ....something I don't often do because Like you, there isn't much meat in the fodder, that you both try to pass off as informed opinions, or even news, that you want to take credit for.
I'm more intrigued then obsessed, that someone could come across as such a total a'hole, yet have such a high opinion of himself.
It would be a good case study for a pyschology student,except that things ain't really what they seem....he can't possibly believe the crap he writes, promoting himself as an intellectual, and you can't really believe that he is (or do you?)
No, truth is you both are continuing the irritating, agitating, negative, combative pattern of your postings, along with having to compliment each other on every post over on AZB (how f***g weak is that?) ......which I understand got worn pretty thin

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Dick, you certainly generated lots of interest with this thread. Don't blame yourself for all the negativity that it has generated....that's the "flavor of the month" since "the two" decided to come over here to re-educate the board.
One guy even complained about her posts that just wished people, holiday cheer.

bamadog
12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I was responding to LWW ....something I don't often do because Like you, there isn't much meat in the fodder,
<hr /></blockquote>

What a LAUGH! Practically EVERY ONE of you posts is to, or about, LWW!
You are obsessed man.
Get a grip.

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Gayle, don't waste your time trying to reason with these two, that like to gang up on you. They came over here with the pre-announced agenda that they were going to put you in your place....and have posted on AZB how they have shown you up.
With that type of mindset...they just argue for the sake of arguing....just hit your "ignore these *****s" button....
I think I might welcome having this board shut down....at least these two would have one less site to poison...

LWW
12-17-2007, 04:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I was responding to LWW ....<hr /></blockquote>
Wrong.

You respond to me more than anyone.

But, you knew that.

LWW

Vapros
12-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Man, I can close my old eyes and hear it, just as plain. On the schoolyard somebody would holler "Fight!!!", and all the kids would run to see. We would find a couple of terrified youngsters toe to toe, touching each other gently in turn and declaring "You got the last!" "No, you got the last!", "No, you got the last!" and finally the bell would ring and everybody had to return to the classrooms. Now it can be done online, but it still draws a crowd of kids. Only the bell is missing, and it was the most important part. I can imagine this going on forever, with no decision. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> <font color="red">Merry christmas Steve! </font color>

BTW, did you know, GW is evil!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JC, I know you would never attack anyone, personally, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle <hr /></blockquote>

Merry Christmas to you as well. In spite of our political differences, I still think we would have a good time around a pool table. Shucks! If I could just get you to open your mind a little bit, I might even be able to teach you something!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Steve

pooltchr
12-17-2007, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Merry Christmas:

Wolfdancer
Vapros
Chopstick
Gayle
Drop1
SKennedy
Hondo
LLC
bamadog
Q
Wally
Fran
Sonoma
Dick

May each of you have a safe and wonderful Christmas and that all of your families stay safe. I know we all appreciate that while we will never agree, we can all wish the best for everyone this season and hope that everyone come back to "fight" another day after the holidays.

Cheers <hr /></blockquote>

Dee...Merry Christmas to you. Keep on writing!
Steve

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
you're right...and coincidently I was just thinking something similar....anybody new here reading some of these threads, would think it's just people trying to outdo each other in personal insults.
I decided that the best way for me to opt out, is to not only not reply, which just keeps the petty bickering going on ad nauseam ...but, I'm also not even going to acknowledge their presence. They'll still have Dick, Gayle,Hondo, and a few others to stalk,.... I've wasted enough time feeding their egos, by replying to them. I get the feeling they want the board to revolve around them, with them being the center of attraction. So from now on it's "Bama, who? and LWW, what's that?"

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
I see the pack dogs are snapping at my heels again...the usual two on one attack.....guys....you don't exist here after today, for me. So if you want to add a comment, or a compliment, to any of my posts, word it for a third party reader....don't waste your time addressing it for me to read
Hope you both have a fine Christmas, and hope the New Year improves your outlook on life, and your attitude towards others. You might even come to realize that your's aren't the only opinions that count....

S0Noma
12-17-2007, 07:10 PM

Wolfdancer
Vapros
Chopstick
Gayle
Drop1
SKennedy
Hondo
LLC
bamadog
Q
Wally
Fran
Sonoma
Dick

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Deeman.

hondo
12-17-2007, 07:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jayalley:</font><hr> Good Grief!! I thought that we were rid of this woman !! Enough with the tedious good-byes and the gushing encomiums....go back to your busy holiday duties....please. <hr /></blockquote>

Why don't you take a hike, you worthless piece of crap.
Have a nice Christmas.

hondo
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> They have nothing else Dawg.

Some of them hide it better than the vacuous onehowever.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

I love you, Dawg. You're the only one who understands me.
I love you too, El Dub. You and me is the only smart guys
on this intilekyul wastland.

hondo
12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Please try to get over your obsession with me.
It's just not healthy behavior.
I'm praying for you, buddy. Let the healing begin.
You can do it.

hondo
12-17-2007, 07:44 PM
You too, Dee. See you in Louisville.

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
It normally takes several posts, before you can get a read on people....but I'm now three for three (right on the money),after scanning the first posts of some recent arrivals.

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Now thats the second time today, I've cracked up reading a post.
I think you must have held your own against these two, over on AZB. Ed thinks you are the agitator, but seems to me they followed you over here, to try to continue the arguments, maybe even hoping to finally win a few, and put a big "W" in their diaries ????
They would then have to be careful showing it off to others....if they accidentally hand it to them upside down....it could be mistaken for an "M" like in moron.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Post deleted by wolfdancer

Qtec
12-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Wolfdancer
Vapros
Chopstick
Gayle
Drop1
SKennedy
Hondo
LLC
bamadog
Q
Wally
Fran
Sonoma
Dick

I don't want to be petty /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif but you squeezed me in between Wally and Bama? Was that REALLY necessary? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q............ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif .....gonna have a nightmare tonight........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vapros
12-17-2007, 09:47 PM
C'mon, WD, what happened to your new resolve? This is not the way to ignore. Conservative as I am, I can't endorse their ways either, but I have to give them one thing. They know how to pull your chain. Politics aside, you may be over-matched. You may need a little weight here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bamadog
12-18-2007, 01:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

I wish you a Merry Christmas, but since you can't follow what I write, I can't answer your posts, it's too much trouble, and Im simply not inclined to waste my time with people who twist what I say into something other than what was stated.

Here you are calling him (Petraeus) a liar. How am I twisting your words?

(quote, Gayle)"Petraeaus is the new Rumsfeld. His lies yesterday, such as, "No one would dare forcast the trend we are seeing in al Anbar province. What a crock! He told of the trend in his own testimony before Congress during his confirmation hearings! It began long before his "Surge" was even in place. Now, Bush is using al Anbar Privince as the sole purpose for stying in Iraq. Patreaus lied, not once, but over and over. Here we have yet another loyal Bushy, in love with his own war plan."(quote, Gayle)

Petraeus said the surge is working, and you, along with several leading Dems, called him a liar.
And you said the surge was a failure.
Now even Murtha says the surge is working, and most objective observers agree.
Don't you think you owe the General an apology?

I know it pains you to see us making progress in Iraq.
But it is time for you to admit you were wrong.

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Gee, they didn't try to "tag team" you on that post....must be
'cause it's past "Bedtime For Bozo" for the other one.

LWW
12-18-2007, 04:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jayalley:</font><hr> Good Grief!! I thought that we were rid of this woman !! Enough with the tedious good-byes and the gushing encomiums....go back to your busy holiday duties....please. <hr /></blockquote>

Why don't you take a hike, you worthless piece of crap.
Have a nice Christmas. <hr /></blockquote>
As I have said hondo, you cry for peace then turn to war.

Face it, you and the gang here are nothing but a bunch of brownshirt fascists who can't accept that another POV outside the party line exists.

LWW

Wally_in_Cincy
12-18-2007, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Now before I go, do you believe a man can live inside a whale? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I believe the Bible is the word of God.

I believe there are things in the Bible that are not meant to interpreted literally, but figuratively.

There are doctors of theology who don't understand everything in the Bible. I have not really studied the story of Jonah so I won't go any further.

There are some things written in the Bible that nobody understands, but the really <font color="red">important </font color> stuff is explicitly explained so that there is no misunderstanding.

Hope that answers your question. I answered it to the best of my ability.

hondo
12-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Good grief, Vapros, you think Wolfie needs weight
against Dawg!! I might like some of that action.

hondo
12-18-2007, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

(quote, Gayle)"Petraeaus is the new Rumsfeld. His lies yesterday, such as, "No one would dare forcast the trend we are seeing in al Anbar province. What a crock! He told of the trend in his own testimony before Congress during his confirmation hearings! It began long before his "Surge" was even in place. Now, Bush is using al Anbar Privince as the sole purpose for stying in Iraq. Patreaus lied, not once, but over and over. Here we have yet another loyal Bushy, in love with his own war plan."(quote, Gayle)

Petraeus said the surge is working, and you, along with several leading Dems, called him a liar.

But it is time for you to admit you were wrong. <hr /></blockquote>

I've always wondered why neo-cons think liberals
want America to lose.
It's this kind of twisted thinking that makes me lose respect for my neo-con brothers.
Do I think we are losing lives in an un-necessary war?
Yes.
Do I rejoice when we lose? Ridiculous.
I love America just as much as the war mongers do.
I just place a higher price on ALL LIFE.
If you or El Dub Dub come back with accusing me of a
strawman argument, you're both going on ignore.
I've about had it with trying to express my views to you two.

hondo
12-18-2007, 07:28 AM
I was responding to some guy with 3 posts who was
trying to run off one of our most enduring posters.
But you knew that , didn't you?
I'm praying that you get over your obsession with me.
Let the healing begin. You can do it, Dub. God loves you.

hondo
12-18-2007, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Now before I go, do you believe a man can live inside a whale? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I believe the Bible is the word of God.

I believe there are things in the Bible that are not meant to interpreted literally, but figuratively.

There are doctors of theology who don't understand everything in the Bible. I have not really studied the story of Jonah so I won't go any further.

There are some things written in the Bible that nobody understands, but the really <font color="red">important </font color> stuff is explicitly explained so that there is no misunderstanding.

Hope that answers your question. I answered it to the best of my ability. <hr /></blockquote>

I believe it's a whale of a story and definitely had a porpoise.

Deeman3
12-18-2007, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>

I don't want to be petty /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif but you squeezed me in between Wally and Bama? Was that REALLY necessary? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q............ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif .....gonna have a nightmare tonight........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">My ultimate plan, keeping the Dutch awake all night... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Gayle in MD
12-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Steve,
I'm sure we'd have a splendid time playing pool, having a drink, fishing, or any number of things. think about it, all of your friends don't have the same opinions about politics, or the war, or welfare, or even John Edwards, I'm sure.

Now if we were playing pool, you can bet I'd be the one asking all the questions, and you'd be the one giving all the answers, since I know you've read more books about it than I have, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif, but gee, now how do we know all those pool book authors weren't just trying to make a buck? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll be in your area sometime this year, we'll hook up, and have some fun together...K?

Merry Christmas friend.

Love,
Gayle

LWW
12-18-2007, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Good grief, Vapros, you think Wolfie needs weight
against Dawg!! I might like some of that action. <hr /></blockquote>
You need weight against hippie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW

eg8r
12-18-2007, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but gee, now how do we know all those pool book authors weren't just trying to make a buck?
<hr /></blockquote> Excuse me...I am butting in here, but I agree I think all those pool book authors were definitely just trying to make a buck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> C'mon, WD, what happened to your new resolve? This is not the way to ignore. <hr /></blockquote>
When one comes to a political forum to debate political issues and then uses ignore, well that is the truest confession of intellectual bankruptcy possible.

Witness Gayle who has her lips loaded by Howard Dean so she can download it to Wolfie, hondo, SONopma, et al.

Not an original thought or ounce of research in the bunch.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks Wally, I'm relieved that you're not one of those who take the bible literally, but tell ya the truth, I was just joking with you.

I think we all have a God of sorts, if that's what one wishes to call Him. He's everywhere, everyone. He's every tree, every fish, every squirrel, every cloud, and for some strange reason, He's been awfully good to me. He doesn't judge anyone, or set up ultimatums, nor does He punish His children for their failures. He is all goodness, and all love, and His love is unconditional. He embraces every living thing, and every living person, regardless of their color, deeds, or sexual preferences. He doesn't intervene, nor does he have that power, because he's so full of love, forgiveness, and understanding, that if He could do that, He'd have ended all suffering and pain long, long ago. He doesn't ask that others do his work, just that they do their own work, on themselves, so they can find Him in their hearts. He doesn't approve of war, or torture, and He knows they are pointless. He's everything good that is in each one of us, and everything that is missing in some. He's my own God, and He's the one who wispers in my ear when I fail, to try once more, and to forgive myself. He's what makes me feel good for giving, and bad for refusing, and He's always disappointed for me when I fail, but never dissappointed in me. He's everything positive that I hold dear, and He's happy, when I'm happy, and sorry when I'm sad. He doesn't care about churches, or bibles, or politics, He only cares about love, forgivness, compassion and understanding, and He expects me to fall short of those goals at times, but He has no plan to punish me when I do, just demands that I keep on trying. He's everything that's beautiful, and everything that's good, and he knows when he's being used for the wrong reasons. He's my own special friend, and like no other God, but you can't find Him in a book, or building, only in your own heart, and I wish everyone could have a God, like my God. He's nothing more than whatever goodness I have in my heart, but I had to make Him up for myself, because no one elses God made sense to me.

Have a wonderful Christmas, Wally, and a very happy healthy New Year, and steer clear of those damn whales! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
12-18-2007, 09:41 AM
BWA HA HA HA...I was wondering if you'd catch that one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Merry Christmas Ed, and all the best to you and yours.

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Ha ha ha...Hondo, you've got me laughing out loud here, friend. Too funny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Merry Christmas... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-18-2007, 09:46 AM
And the same to you, Q., /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
12-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey, who are you talking about? LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, www.noendinsightmovie.com (http://www.noendinsightmovie.com)

You can also get it on C-Span, under their link to Q &amp; A...

Love,
Gayle

S0Noma
12-18-2007, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I was responding to some guy with 3 posts who was
Let the healing begin. You can do it, Dub. God loves you. <hr /></blockquote>

If you mean the guy who waited eleven months between posts before finally taking his nose out of Fran's butt long enough to 'hate Gayle' all on his own? I'm surprised he could wipe that brown stuff off long enough to talk.

Pretty funny.

As to El Dumb? Have you ever noticed how closely he mirrors the very behaviors he claims to loathe? 'brownshirt fascists'? Oh my.

LWW
12-18-2007, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

But it is time for you to admit you were wrong. <hr /></blockquote>

I've always wondered why neo-cons think liberals
want America to lose.
It's this kind of twisted thinking that makes me lose respect for my neo-con brothers.
Do I think we are losing lives in an un-necessary war?
Yes.
Do I rejoice when we lose? Ridiculous.
I love America just as much as the war mongers do.
I just place a higher price on ALL LIFE.
If you or El Dub Dub come back with accusing me of a
strawman argument, you're both going on ignore.
I've about had it with trying to express my views to you two. <hr /></blockquote>
Well, being that you just accused me of doing something I have never done I'd have to say you built another strawman buddy.

LWW

LWW
12-18-2007, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I was responding to some guy with 3 posts who was
Let the healing begin. You can do it, Dub. God loves you. <hr /></blockquote>

If you mean the guy who waited eleven months between posts before finally taking his nose out of Fran's butt long enough to 'hate Gayle' all on his own? I'm surprised he could wipe that brown stuff off long enough to talk.

Pretty funny.

As to El Dumb? Have you ever noticed how closely he mirrors the very behaviors he claims to loathe? 'brownshirt fascists'? Oh my.

<hr /></blockquote>
You should research what a brownshirt is before you comment, but then research tires you. It shows.

LWW

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
"how closely he mirrors the very behaviors he claims to loathe"
that reminds me of someone that keeps calling people that they don't know "cowards"....

LWW
12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> "how closely he mirrors the very behaviors he claims to loathe"
that reminds me of someone that keeps calling people that they don't know "cowards".... <hr /></blockquote>
Would you prefer that I refer to you with a name reflecting your inferior, your claim not mine, mental skills?

Look up the definition of coward and see to whom it applies. Courage is not gathering in a gang of brownshirts to throw names about.

LWW

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Getting angry at those two guys...already forgot their names...is not the same as being over-matched. I never read anything that either one of them wrote, that was impressive or scholarly ...I don't believe a H.S. sophomore would be over matched against those two, in tandem.
But, please don't keep this dialog going... it's the Holiday season, and any discussion concerning those two...is a downer. Think what you like...that they run off the opposition through their dynamic debating skills...whatever.

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Vapros is a Republican, so he reads the posts,and judges, or pre-judges from that viewpoint....
We're all a little biased...

DickLeonard
12-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Jayalley 3 posts and your the Post Master, hit the road and don't come back. This is a Nation of Free Speech and if you don't like go to AZB.####

DickLeonard
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Wolfdancer we are approaching Hal Houle record of number of post and he did that on aiming. All one has to do is mention aiming and another long post appears.####

Gayles name must be Magic.

LWW
12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Jayalley 3 posts and your the Post Master, hit the road and don't come back. This is a Nation of Free Speech and if you don't like go to AZB.#### <hr /></blockquote>
That is the funniest post I've ever seen here! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You beleive in free speech and want anyone who disagrees with you to hit the road and not come back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
join the club....I've written them off, and encouraged Gayle to do so in a pm. Most of the replies that they get are from members opposed to their latest "we so smart" crap output, very few in agreement....so even a negative reply, keeps the thread going on ad nauseum,(a point I reach after reading just one of their replies) and feeds their fantasy that they are the center of attraction here, and control the board.Maybe the admin will allow a new section on the site....they could call it "Fantasy Island" and I have them in mind to play the roles of Tattoo and Mr. Roarke, and run the site....problem is I can't figure out which one is best suited to be Tattoo?

hondo
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Good grief, Vapros, you think Wolfie needs weight
against Dawg!! I might like some of that action. <hr /></blockquote>
You need weight against hippie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

At 290 lbs I've got about all the wt I can stand right now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey, I take up for my friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks, Lww. I've been looking fora reason to put you on ignore and you just gave it to me.
Have a nice Christmas.

bamadog
12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Don't forget me, tubby.
Guess you won't be needing any weight at the DCC.
Merry Christmas.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bamadog
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jayalley:</font><hr> Good Grief!! I thought that we were rid of this woman !! Enough with the tedious good-byes and the gushing encomiums....go back to your busy holiday duties....please. <hr /></blockquote>

Come on Jay, Gayle is a hoot to have around.
She's our own caricature of a Michael Moore/Moveon.org-ingesting, conspiracy-embracing, hate-posting, name-calling, tolerant (unless you disagree with her), liberal. No forum is complete without at least one.
And she comes complete with her own supporting chorus, who, although terrified to actually debate an issue, do provide comic relief to her cartoon performance.

Vapros
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
WD has asked me not to keep this dialog going. I'm sitting here trying to think of a response to that. Can't come up with a thing, other than the obvious. I guess ol' WD is sharper than I thought. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SKennedy
12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Man, I can close my old eyes and hear it, just as plain. On the schoolyard somebody would holler "Fight!!!", and all the kids would run to see. We would find a couple of terrified youngsters toe to toe, touching each other gently in turn and declaring "You got the last!" "No, you got the last!", "No, you got the last!" and finally the bell would ring and everybody had to return to the classrooms. Now it can be done online, but it still draws a crowd of kids. Only the bell is missing, and it was the most important part. I can imagine this going on forever, with no decision. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

How true about school yard fights....
I was in the third grade and me and this other kid had a few minor words...nothing significant. The next thing we know the other boys are hollering "fight, fight" and everyone comes running over. If I was smart and had seen who hollered "fight" I would have jumped on his butt. So anyway, this poor kid and I are now stuck looking at each other and these kids waiting for a fight. We had nothing vs each other and didn't want to fight. I suggested we settle it with arm wrestling. What a wuss! But hey, I did win! You should have heard the groans from the bystanders when we decided to arm wrestle. People don't change much! (Go ahead and say it....I'm still a wuss?)

hondo
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
You're a pretty tough guy on the forum.
Keep up the mouth and my guess is that you'll want
to stay as far away from me as possible at Louisville.
Get my drift?

hondo
12-18-2007, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> WD has asked me not to keep this dialog going. I'm sitting here trying to think of a response to that. Can't come up with a thing, other than the obvious. I guess ol' WD is sharper than I thought. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If it ain't funny, it ain't much, Vapros.
Most of us get along pretty good on this forum.
We argue, but we also kid each other.
Eg gets on his cycle once a month and gets a little
bitchy but other than that there's a lot of humor.
Go back &amp; read El Dub &amp; Snoopy's posts and see if you
can find one attempt at camraderie with anybody on
here.
Everything they say is argumentative &amp; mean-spirited.
Lww spouts some nonsense; he gets slammed, and lapdog
Snoopy comes barking in with" You tell em, Dub. We
smarter than them turds."
I've put Dub on ignore, here and on AZ.
Dawg has requested that I put him on ignore also
and if he makes a second request I'll do it.
Despite your political leanings, I would think with
your motto, you would want to align with the fine folks
on here and not with Herr Von Dub Dub and his
goofy sidekick Snoopy.
Have a Merry Christmas.

LWW
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> You're a pretty tough guy on the forum.
Get my drift? <hr /></blockquote>
OK, that was your attack post ... now whine for me about how picked on you are.

LWW

LWW
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>Everything they say is argumentative &amp; mean-spirited.
Lww spouts some nonsense; he gets slammed, and lapdog
Snoopy comes barking in with" You tell em, Dub. We
smarter than them turds."<hr /></blockquote>
Oh Gawd, that was good and you beat me to it. You whined, but then attacked again.

Now, whine some more for us.

LWW

bamadog
12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> You're a pretty tough guy on the forum.

Oooo.. I musta hit a nerve!

Whatsa matta hondo, you can't take what you dish out?

heater451
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Now before I go, do you believe a man can live inside a whale? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>. . .I believe there are things in the Bible that are not meant to interpreted literally, but figuratively. . . .I have not really studied the story of Jonah so I won't go any further.

Hope that answers your question. I answered it to the best of my ability. <hr /></blockquote>

I believe it's a whale of a story and definitely had a porpoise. <hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure it was written on porpoise--or was it just for the halibut?

========================

Gayle in MD
12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif You're the tops, Hondo. Hope I get to meet you someday.

Love,
Gayle

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Dick, you're going to end up wih over a thousand look-sees on this post....a testament to Gayle's popularity, by both political party members here. There might be a little resentment,or envy by the right, but deep down they know she speaks the truth. She's the wheel that makes them squeal ...or is that squeak? Who can get all them old sayings right?
But, despite the combined talents of the "two", she beat the barbarians back at the gate....What a woman!!!!

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I guess ol' WD is sharper than I thought.
I once thought one of our bar patrons was a little light in the intelligence dep't....then he came in one day and announced he had just gotten his doctorate in Math from M.I.T.
I've never pre-judged anybody since then. Sounds like you think I'm kind of dumb though....I could prove you wrong, but why bother? Unlike LWW, I don't need to prove anything to anybody
I guess you are impressed by LWW's boasts about being an uber-intellectual...and I just don't see it. I also believe for the following reasons,it's total BS...
#1....no super smart person goes around bragging that he or she is such....nor do the offer to match up in some test to somehow validate there posts, over the other person's.
#2...he came off badly, imo, on some post he began about sedition....then had to change his claim midway.
#3...After the "Liberals cause forest fires" idiocy, it looked to me like he can read an article and comprehend only about half of it.
#4...I think it's pretty juvenile of him to quote me as his tag line....but it must be a "trophy" for him....and I think he's got very few trophies
#5....bringing up Ernst Roehm in Sonoma's thread.....is icing on the cake for me, that he needs to pass himself off as something he isn't. an obscure reference, that didn't fit into the conversation....it was 6th grade stuff, at best
Despite his claims, after reading several posts by the two of them...I think he'd need to have Bama spot him 50 points to make it an even match.
One thing that does bother me...is that over half the posts here revolve around those two guys...and I don't think they bring that much to the table....they ain't that interesting, and what they write ain't that interesting ...to me.
I'm trying to just live and let live here....I won't read, nor respond directly to them...and I can see since they stick their nose in every thread that it's hard not to mention them...even when I write a reply to Hondo....

Vapros
12-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Hondo, I am certainly not aligned with those two guys you hate so badly, and have never indicated that I was. However, I would be just about as reluctant to align with some of those I think you have in mind as 'the fine folks on here.' I don't really have much interest in the political aspect of this site, but I do hate to see grown people behaving like kids. The fictitious 'ignoring', followed immediately by abusive responses to abusive posts must be apparent to all by this time.

Both factions lay claim to the high ground, when, in fact, there isn't any high ground. I'm embarrassed for a bunch of the 'fine folks on here'.

Does anyone out there agree?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

wolfdancer
12-19-2007, 02:56 AM
agree with what....your version of the story?
Hate goes two ways...while you just state that Hondo hates those two guys...seems like you are putting the blame just on him....and while the "fictitious ignoring" comment was directed at me... I don't go around posting behind their every posts...check the threads out, and see who is stalking whom.
I also didn't come over here with any agenda to show people up....and didn't try to pick a fight over there.
So while they might be aligned politically with you....don't try to sell this as a one sided thing.
And please don't be embarrassed just for us "fine folks" here....that statement just reads that you are so morally superior........

hondo
12-19-2007, 07:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> You're a pretty tough guy on the forum.

Oooo.. I musta hit a nerve!

Whatsa matta hondo, you can't take what you dish out? <hr /></blockquote>

In my area we don't dis people unless we can back it up.
What about your area? So. California, isn't it, BAMAdog? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
12-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Are you trying to tuna my words around?
I'm not going to carp on this all day! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
12-19-2007, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Hondo, I am certainly not aligned with those two guys you hate so badly,
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Fine. But what I don't understand is why you folks on
the right toss around the word "hate" so much when
discussing those on the left? If this a reflection
of your own beliefs?
We supposedly hate Bush, we hate America, we hate our
boys overseas ( despite the fact that many of us have family at war), we hate unborn children.
This is all inflammatory language that neo-cons use to
make the other side look bad.
I am a Christian. I certainly don't hate El Dub Dub &amp;
Snoopy.
Actually I love their souls that come from God, but that doesn't mean that I have to approve of the crap they spew on here.
" Spew" LOL. Sorry, I borrowed a neo-con catchword.
Hope you don't mind.

DickLeonard
12-19-2007, 07:42 AM
LWW why don't you go back to AZB with him. You and Bamadog have provided us with enuff laughs.

You can leave Bamadog behind on second thought. Jayalley was totally out of line. This board works on the senority system. Your not taken serious until your posts near a thousand and someone with three posts trying to take control. That is a laughing matter.

As hard as you try with your one liners your not there yet either.####

Fran Crimi
12-19-2007, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Hondo, I am certainly not aligned with those two guys you hate so badly, and have never indicated that I was. However, I would be just about as reluctant to align with some of those I think you have in mind as 'the fine folks on here.' I don't really have much interest in the political aspect of this site, but I do hate to see grown people behaving like kids. The fictitious 'ignoring', followed immediately by abusive responses to abusive posts must be apparent to all by this time.

Both factions lay claim to the high ground, when, in fact, there isn't any high ground. I'm embarrassed for a bunch of the 'fine folks on here'.

Vapros, I see a group of people who have been having a field day throwing out hate and venom for a couple of years, hatefully mocking anyone who got in their way. In fact some of them got so cocky that they went over to another message board and invited the world to come and challenge the "great ones."

The big guns came over and made mush out of them, plain and simple. Now they're off crying, licking their wounds and claiming foul. Give me a break. They've been asking for it for years.

Fran

LWW
12-19-2007, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> agree with what....your version of the story?
Hate goes two ways...while you just state that Hondo hates those two guys...seems like you are putting the blame just on him....and while the "fictitious ignoring" comment was directed at me... I don't go around posting behind their every posts...check the threads out, and see who is stalking whom.
I also didn't come over here with any agenda to show people up....and didn't try to pick a fight over there.
So while they might be aligned politically with you....don't try to sell this as a one sided thing.
And please don't be embarrassed just for us "fine folks" here....that statement just reads that you are so morally superior........
<hr /></blockquote>
It shouldn't be blamed just on hondo. Others trolls such as yourself, SuperStar, and Q-tip came to AZB and baited and bragged about how brilliant the conversations were in this forum. You guys begged us to come here.

I even at one point apologized to the members not involved in the baiting and even gave Gayle the benefit of a doubt that the trolls might be acting without her knowledge. You, in fact, rejected the peace offering.

Shortly later I dropped this place off my list of daily visits as a sinkhole.

What happened? hondo came back to AZB starting shiite and spreading lies and wanting us to return to get thibngs "stirred up".

Well, here I am fellows. Run me off. You have claimed it and act as cowards one and all (Of the trolls that is.)

The truth is a beotch ain't it wolfie.

Now, go wallow in your hogslop with your pointy hatted buddy hondo untill you get further instructions from up high.

In the meantime you tell each other what victims you are or how you slew the dragon. It matters not because you will be back to make trouble again. It's what you are. You can't help it. Accept that you have a problem. It's the first and hardest step brother.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fine. But what I don't understand is why you folks on
the right toss around the word "hate" so much when
discussing those on the left? <hr /></blockquote>

I think I can give you an answer to that one, friend, it's all they have. They are too insecure to admit they were wrong, and that their vote for Bush was a contributing factor to the mess we face today. It's just like when they accuse those who support the troops, of failing to support them, because we think that if a president is going to lie us into a war, the least he can do is give our troops the equipment they need to protect themselves from brain damage, and worse, as they are enduring the disasterous results of his naive' expectations, and failed policies.

No WMD's, no connections to al Qaeda, or 9/11, Iraq was not an immediate, pressing threat, bin Laden, still planing and building al Qaeda, estimates of 6 trillion to pay for this fiasco, 3,896 killed, 28,711 wounded, 12,853 seriously wounded, (We'll never know how many of those could have been spared brain damage, arms and legs, had they had propper equipment) and fifteen of our troops have been killed so far this month, which is pretty close to the same numbers we've seen all along, on and off throughout this quagmire, and no political reconciliation in the corrupt Iraqi Government. The "Surge" has been just more needless deaths, wasted money, with no valuable results, because the Iraqis want to continue to fight their civil war, and fight over their oil, rather than sit down and work out their differences.

Those of us who stated that Bush would be the worst president in history, were exactly correct. What is left for the right wing nuts to do but continue what they've done all along, rewrite history, lie about results, and attack those skeptics who tried to keep the facts at the forefront when they wrote such things as 'No WMD's, Huh?"

It's easier for them to just try to close down the whole damn website than to admit to their many misjudgments, and mis-statements, and incorrect "Facts" and accuse us of hatred because we told them all along, that Bush was a liar, and that his policies would fail.

No political reconciliation has resulted from this surge. This is Vietnam all over again. We should all be in the streets demanding an end to this war, and impeachment for the liars and law breakers who pushed for it, and covered up all their illegal activities throughout.

Because we state the unpleasant truth, we are accused of being ful of hate. Truth, is their enemy, hence truth, must be redefined, hence those who know it, can identify it, and speak it, are branded as full of hate.

Small minds use petty tactics.

Gayle in Md.

S0Noma
12-19-2007, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> In the meantime you tell each other what victims you are or how you slew the dragon. It matters not because you will be back to make trouble again. It's what you are. You can't help it. Accept that you have a problem. It's the first and hardest step brother.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Pot meet kettle.

bamadog
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
In my area we don't dis people unless we can back it up.
What about your area? So. California, isn't it, BAMAdog? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Oh, I think I can back it up, Big Fella.
I'll let my cue do the talkin'.
I'm only a B player, but I think I'll relieve you of your lunch money.
So, you'd better throw some sandwiches in a sack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

btw, when did you stop dis'n people? I must have missed your metamorphosis.

hondo
12-19-2007, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Hondo, I am certainly not aligned with those two guys you hate so badly, and have never indicated that I was. However, I would be just about as reluctant to align with some of those I think you have in mind as 'the fine folks on here.' I don't really have much interest in the political aspect of this site, but I do hate to see grown people behaving like kids. The fictitious 'ignoring', followed immediately by abusive responses to abusive posts must be apparent to all by this time.

Vapros, I see a group of people who have been having a field day throwing out hate and venom for a couple of years, hatefully mocking anyone who got in their way. In fact some of them got so cocky that they went over to another message board and invited the world to come and challenge the "great ones."

The big guns came over and made mush out of them, plain and simple. Now they're off crying, licking their wounds and claiming foul. Give me a break. They've been asking for it for years.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

That's one of the funniest spins I've seen in a long time, Fran. Thanks for the laugh. You made my day!
Wait a minute! You were kidding, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

S0Noma
12-19-2007, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> [

...some of them got so cocky that they went over to another message board and invited the world to come and challenge the "great ones."

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

That's one of the funniest spins I've seen in a long time, Fran. Thanks for the laugh. You made my day!
Wait a minute! You were kidding, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Makes me wonder what color the sky is in 'FranWorld'?

Don't bother even trying to respond Mr. Mushmouth - Cream of Wheat for a Backbone and Oatmeal for Brains.

It's too late, according to Fran (and you KNOW she's NEVER WRONG!), apparently you and all the rest of us here on the NPR have been completely pureed by the Omnipotent &amp; Unstoppable DubbDawg Cuisinart from AZB.

LWW
12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Hondo, I am certainly not aligned with those two guys you hate so badly, and have never indicated that I was. However, I would be just about as reluctant to align with some of those I think you have in mind as 'the fine folks on here.' I don't really have much interest in the political aspect of this site, but I do hate to see grown people behaving like kids. The fictitious 'ignoring', followed immediately by abusive responses to abusive posts must be apparent to all by this time.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

LWW

LWW
12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> LWW why don't you go back to AZB with him. You and Bamadog have provided us with enuff laughs.<hr /></blockquote>
You guys won't let me ... everytime I try to leave you pull me back ...

LWW

LWW
12-19-2007, 12:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Hondo, I am certainly not aligned with those two guys you hate so badly, and have never indicated that I was. However, I would be just about as reluctant to align with some of those I think you have in mind as 'the fine folks on here.' I don't really have much interest in the political aspect of this site, but I do hate to see grown people behaving like kids. The fictitious 'ignoring', followed immediately by abusive responses to abusive posts must be apparent to all by this time.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Wait a minute! You were kidding, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
C'mon brother ... we all know you did it. This isn't an attack, you have toned down since your plan exploded in your face like an Elmer Fudd cigar ... again, but we all know that this is exactly what happened.

You and all of your little jihadi friends cannot alter what is and shall always be the truth.

LWW

LWW
12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> [

...some of them got so cocky that they went over to another message board and invited the world to come and challenge the "great ones."

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Makes me wonder what color the sky is in 'FranWorld'?

Don't bother even trying to respond Mr. Mushmouth - Cream of Wheat for a Backbone and Oatmeal for Brains.

It's too late, according to Fran (and you KNOW she's NEVER WRONG!), apparently you and all the rest of us here on the NPR have been completely pureed by the Omnipotent &amp; Unstoppable DubbDawg Cuisinart from AZB. <hr /></blockquote>
Yes it is quite apparent. I knew enlightenment was coming your way.

LWW

cushioncrawler
12-21-2007, 02:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Wolfdancer we are approaching Hal Houle record of number of post and he did that on aiming. All one has to do is mention aiming and another long post appears.#### Aiming!! Aiming!! -- Slowly, slowly, step by step............ madMac.

Gayles name must be Magic. <hr /></blockquote>