PDA

View Full Version : a vacuum

hondo
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
On AZ all the opposition to LWW got tired of his crap & quit posting. Now all there is are long boring
religious discussions in which this British atheist called
Boronut, who's kind of an odd mix of LWW & Sonoma
basically beats all the believers down. Very boring.
On here Gayle got tired of LWWs crap & left.
Sonoma humiliated LWW & he left.
Bamadog tried to go to war without any weapons
and appears to have given up.
Sonoma keeps us entertained with his little tidbits,
but it's not enough.
I'm sure Egs happy that LWW 's not getting all the
attention.
I'm sure Fran's happy that the politics have gone byby.
BUT I'M BORED DOGGONEIT!!
Somebody on one of these boards need to stir up some crap.
Let's get something going!
Am I right?

Deeman3
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
I am bored as well but it seems easier to have thoughtful discussion in P.M.'s rather than suffer attacks from one side or the other so I back off and just watch and see if it gets to the point we can talk about subjects without calling Bush or Hillary names. Otherwise, it's just yelling at someone on the other end of the computer.

I just don't know if a civil discussion is possible much anymore. I wish it were.

S0Noma
12-10-2007, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>

Sonoma keeps us entertained with his little tidbits,
but it's not enough.

<font color="blue">I agree Hondo. Things are basically back to where they were the last time I left... boring. Seems like the only issues that capture this forum's attentions are political and then it's like 'black and white' political without a lot of attention to the many shades of grey.

If it's any consolation I'm almost out of here. I have a private forum that I run and another very active forum where I participate on a regular basis. As much fun as it is to post off the wall stuff here - it has it's limits.

Forums are like gardens, Hondo. They need to be watered and fed - If no one wants to post or participate they go fallow. This one's been on the brink of going fallow for quite some time.

Which is a shame in a way because the small group of regulars that do post here from time to time are all good people with something to say - conservative or liberal - religious or non.

What ever happens in the future? You can be assured that I've enjoyed my short visit to a place that's always felt a little like home to me.

As to the Bobsey Twins from AZB? Just another bad Internet joke without a punchline - legends in their own minds - yadda, yadda, yadda... Nothing to write home about.

Sonoma </font color>

Somebody on one of these boards need to stir up some crap.
Let's get something going!
Am I right? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> </font color>

DickLeonard
12-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Sonoma maybe Rodney King said it best "Can't we all just get a long". Everybody needs a vacation and I thing Eg8R went first.####

Drop1
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM
The first duty of any forum,is not to bore. The first duty of the members,is not to be boring. We have reached the depths of an imagination drought,and have to blame ourselves,for not bringing the universal to the Forum. The world is changing each day,and there is new information to be explored. We need to start thinking,and above all make this a Forum of entertainment,and not of personalities,a Forum of people,not of political parties,and at the same time,not allow different opinions to polarize,and paralyze.

Fran Crimi
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Someone once told me this and I never forgot it. They said that the only way you can be bored is if you are, in fact, the one who is boring.

Think about it.

After hearing that, I never admitted to being bored again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Fran

hondo
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Actually, I'm a wild &amp; crazy guy, but i can't do it all , darlin.

eg8r
12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I right? <hr /></blockquote> You are definitely something, but "right" is not it.

eg8r

eg8r
12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everybody needs a vacation and I thing Eg8R went first.#### <hr /></blockquote> I still come in and read a bit but have not had much time to post lately.

One thing that I always found surprising is that there are very few sports threads here. So many people have this lofty vision that playing pool is a sport you would think there would be more sports talk.

eg8r &lt;~~~back to work

hondo
12-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Nice to see you back, Eg.

hondo
12-12-2007, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Everybody needs a vacation and I thing Eg8R went first.#### <hr /></blockquote> I still come in and read a bit but have not had much time to post lately.

One thing that I always found surprising is that there are very few sports threads here. So many people have this lofty vision that playing pool is a sport you would think there would be more sports talk.

eg8r &lt;~~~back to work <hr /></blockquote>

One of my interests is big time boxing.
When I've posted about major fights, there has been little response.
I love college basketball &amp; would respond to any thread about that.

wolfdancer
12-12-2007, 03:33 PM
How about lawn bowling and the woman's caber toss? I'm a keen fan, but no one ever responds when I mention those sports.

bsmutz
12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Have I mentioned yet that I won the Tiddlywinks national championships at the Cow Palace in '74? Now there's a sport that takes heart, determination, skill, and more stamina than all other sports combined!

wolfdancer
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm amazed that you know of the Cow Palace....thought you was born and bred up here in Smallville, Wa

pooltchr
12-12-2007, 05:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> How about lawn bowling and the woman's caber toss? I'm a keen fan, but no one ever responds when I mention those sports. <hr /></blockquote>

I don't believe I would have made that information public! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Actually, I'm also surprised. Living in NC, you can't help but follow college basketball and NASCAR. I think the NBA sucks, and couldn't even tell you the names of 2 players on our Bobcats team. And although our NFL team has had their struggles this year, I still watch as much as I can.

So...two big questions....can the Patriots lose this year....and can the Dolphins win?????

Steve

eg8r
12-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Hey, leave the Dolphins alone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif We are working on getting the first draft pick. The Dolphins spent years winning just enough games to get very little in the first round; this year we are going for the gusto.

As far as the Patriots, if they go undefeated all the way that will be just as sad as watching those filthy Red Sox win the World Series.

eg8r

DickLeonard
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Eg8r a very short vacation, why can't you southern christians except Boston WS win as God forgiving them for trading Babe Ruth. He had crushed them for 80+ years now he is giving them a taste of the good life that the Yankees enjoyed ever since that trade.

Who would have thought God was a Bosox fan all along.####

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 10:55 AM
For 6 weeks I've been tempted to call a "bookie" and place a bet that NE goes undefeated and Miami doesn't win a game. Haven't done it yet, and the odds keep dropping. If the last game of the season is meaningless to NE, will they still play all their starters? I think so.

Chopstick
12-13-2007, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> How about lawn bowling and the woman's caber toss? I'm a keen fan, but no one ever responds when I mention those sports. <hr /></blockquote>

That remind me of this one time a bunch of us guys went to this blues bar in Tampa. There was a big open field behind that place that was used as a parking lot. The grass was kept short and it was about the size of a football field.

One of the guys had picked up this blonde chick in the bar. We closed the place and we were all walking across this field to our cars. I don't remember how this got started but somehow we wound up playing keep away and the woman was the ball. One of us would be carrying her running down the field while the rest of us would chase him down, steal the woman and take off running in the other direction with the pack giving chase.

Well, when it came my time to steal the woman, I remember running down the field with her, drunk of course, and suddenly I thought "Damn, this b$tch is heavy. I believe I'll slow down a bit and get caught quicker." /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

She wasn't fat or anything. She had a nice figure but she was about 5'9. I was in my middle forties at the time and these guys were all like thirty. We never did drop her once. She seemed to be having fun. That girl used to get really bombed.

eg8r
12-13-2007, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who would have thought God was a Bosox fan all along.#### <hr /></blockquote> I just checked with God, he is definitely not a Bosox fan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

dg-in-centralpa
12-13-2007, 01:40 PM
He's not a dolphins fan either,unfortunately, but He does have a good sense of humor with them.

DG - a loyal dolphins fan since '70

wolfdancer
12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I lost my passion for the NBA ...but still like the Spurs with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili;...think Steve Nash should get a haircut..but haven't watched a game all season.
I'll watch either a Colts game, or a Patriots game...nothing else.
Never got into NACSAR, but my sister and her husband are huge fans, that drive a few hundred miles to attend.
After 15 years of commercial driving, last thing I want to watch is autos racing....saw enough of that on I-80, with grim results sometimes.

pooltchr
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
When you live in Charlotte, you are surrounded by NASCAR. Most of the teams are headquartered here, and it's a normal thing to meet someone who works for one of the teams, or drives for one of them. My wife used to babysit one of the Andretti kids, and I lived in the same apartments with Michael Waltrip, and worked with Dale Jarret's sister. Once it starts to get personal, you are hooked! They are building the NASCAR Hall of Fame uptown right now.
I always thought it was silly to watch a bunch of cars drive in circles...until I went to a race!
Steve

Vapros
12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Shop around - you should be able to get a big price. You will be the favorite in every game, but bookies love players who want to bet they can hit six in a row. Even six chalks. If you bet fifty G or more, the book might order a new car. Then, if you happen to beat him, he just drives it into the river. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
50 G? I'm thinking more like 1/2 a Buck! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vapros
12-13-2007, 08:17 PM
In that case, he will probably skip the car.

heater451
12-14-2007, 11:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> How about lawn bowling and the woman's caber toss? I'm a keen fan, but no one ever responds when I mention those sports. <hr /></blockquote>Caber-tossing! I think I've only seen that televised once--although, some lumberjack competitions have similar stuff.

Only seen dwarf-tossing in clips.. . .and no matter what highschoolers think, Cow-Tipping is not a sport.

Curling, however, is extremely interesting. Even though it resembles shuffleboard, it's way more badass. Mad skillz curlers got!

===========================

hippiepool
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Just thought I would drop in and say hello to all.
I have noticed , especially recently , that intelligent people are now often being refered to as "Liberals" .....is someone trying to control those corporate news watchers with yet another catchword.....?

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
They have bastardized the word "liberal" to where it now has all kinds of unsavory connotations to it. If you even question current policy...you are labeled a liberal...thought to be the utmost insult by many Bush loyalists.
Hope you'll post more on here....but a warning....LWW has labeled the site an intellectual wasteland, nobody is worth having a discussion with....he considers himself to be top dog here....and all negative reports about the admin, are "beaten down by the dog pack"......one has to be careful not to incur their wrath...because, according to them, they are "feared" here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bamadog
12-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Don't worry about Hippie, he's right at home in an intellectual wasteland.
In fact, he put the "wasted" in wasteland. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
12-17-2007, 03:42 PM
and you and your sycophant, LWW....fit right in here, as well.
In fact, you both have lowered the bar, considerably....

LWW
12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hippiepool:</font><hr> Just thought I would drop in and say hello to all.
I have noticed , especially recently , that intelligent people are now often being refered to as "Liberals" .....is someone trying to control those corporate news watchers with yet another catchword.....? <hr /></blockquote>
Welcome hippie.

You will find yourself head and shoulders above the typical neolib here.

LWW

LWW
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> and you and your sycophant, LWW....fit right in here, as well.
In fact, you both have lowered the bar, considerably.... <hr /></blockquote>
And you were just telling us how you never reply.

That's what I get for trusting a neolib I guess.

LWW

hondo
12-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice folks on here, Hippie.

hippiepool
12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
What up H.....? let's get this party started .....! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

hippiepool
12-18-2007, 01:17 PM
I was at the Dolphins game Sunday ....it was great fun ...
my team is the colts , But I live in Miami Beach ...we tailgated , drank "a few " malt beverages , plus i figured either way i was a part of history ........as far as the Patriots , well maybe next week .....my colts should be a little healthier next time they play , and maybe the officials wont F-up again ....

cushioncrawler
12-21-2007, 02:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> They have bastardized the word "liberal" to where it now has all kinds of unsavory connotations to it. If you even question current policy...you are labeled a liberal...thought to be the utmost insult by many Bush loyalists. Hope you'll post more on here....but a warning....LWW has labeled the site an intellectual wasteland, nobody is worth having a discussion with....he considers himself to be top dog here....and all negative reports about the admin, are "beaten down by the dog pack"......one has to be careful not to incur their wrath...because, according to them, they are "feared" here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Woolfy -- About 3 saturdyz ago i woke up with a pain in my ar$e, when i woke up, but when i went to bed the pain woz gone -- the pain woz John Howard, the PM, the worst PM in Ozz history, a bum mate of Dubb, voted out, the first PM to looz hiz seat, that iz democracy Ozz Style -- he woz the leader of the Liberal Party, but not liberal in any sense of that word. Of course all of u guys in USA wouldnt know about any of this stuff, u are all in the dark -- congratulationz for WINNING the war of independance, what a crock of $hit. madMac.

LWW
12-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Welcome aboard hippie.

You inspired oratory skills will lift you head and shoulders above the majority of regular posters here.

I have always admired how you can post the same things as Gayle but do it in a few short statements instead of the 1,000+ word moonbat manifesto that is preferred here.

LWW