PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Win a Decorating Contest!

cuechick
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I am a "runner up" in thisbig Domino Magaizine Contest and they are having a kind of "2nd Chance" contest! I could win a grand! You can vote for me here (http://www.dominomag.com/magazine/sweeps/decorating_contest_voting/entry/long/) Mine is in the middle on top, "Lara from Atlanta" just one vote per email address.. they ask you to fill out some survey info but as you do not have to be totally honest and you do not have to subscribe or anything... you have till Dec 14th!

Thanks!

Drop1
12-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Lara,do you believe in sex on the first date?

SKennedy
12-11-2007, 04:42 PM
OK, I voted. I actually did like yours best..although the Miami one was really nice, but the scenery thru the window is what made it nice (and unfair).
You have good taste....not overly womanly...nice and neutral, comfortable and warm...(and no I am not gay). The striped one has to go....that person has to be mental.

I did all this because I like your moniker and it took guts to ask!

pooltchr
12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
You got my vote. I have no eye whatsoever for design, but I know what I like. Good job! and good luck!!!
Steve

Drop1
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Well now,I thought you were looking for e-mails,and I used to see your posts on AZB. I'm going back,and vote for you. Now about my question,I double take it back.But you could say yes,no,depends.

cuechick
12-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks everyone....

as far as your question Harry...sure, I'm easy but I'm picky /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif!

pooltchr
12-12-2007, 05:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> Thanks everyone....

as far as your question Harry...sure, I'm easy but I'm picky /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif! <hr /></blockquote>

You and I would get along just fine!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

wolfdancer
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I consider myself a "fashion &amp; design" expert, having once read a copy of "Home &amp; Gardens" while waiting to see the doctor, and having been a frequent guest at Motel six, where the room design is king.
The black and white striped room reminded me of a horse I once saw at a zoo, but the poorest taste one, was the one from Buffalo,Ny. While featuring a crt monitor, (sans computer) might be impressive to the illiterate denizens there, the deer head on the wall is a dead give away, that they haven't a clue.....it's illegal to shoot a doe in WNY...the deer need to have them...what do they call em....horns? on top of their head.
So i voted for you....but you got to admit the view is much better looking out the window in Miami....then say, seeing Piedmont park, or Stone mountain....No wonder you keep the curtains closed...

Drop1
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
We have nothing in common,where would you like to meet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Drop1
12-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Wolf,I knew it would take the plight of a lovely woman to get you posting again. I thought you might have died,along with the forum,and gone to Heaven,then I remembered those seventy virgins,and your aversion to strenuous activities,and decided you were in Hell,but Brother Fallwell assured me you hadn't been seen. Today the mystery is solved,and we are the better off...I think I should take my nap now.

SKennedy
12-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I see the young lady has really brought out the old men!

wolfdancer
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
say, i resemble that remark

wolfdancer
12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Harry, I think you are confusing this site with e-harmony.

Drop1
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I have found nothing,that has the allure of a young lady,to stir the dead roots of an earlier age,or more pleasant company,to pass the time. Be patient,and walk down the hill slowly,your turn will come,provided you live long enough to reach for the stars,and understand the joy that comes only from a woman.

Drop1
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
What ever do you mean,two souls,you,and I,on our way to becoming compost should not engage all the starry nights,of foreign climes,all that walks with beauty in the night? Better dead,than to deny all that is beautiful is held in the aspect of her eyes. Can't help it man I fall in love twice a day. Rage rage rage against the dying of the light.

cuechick
12-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks all for the support! This is the last day (I think?) to vote!

Cheers,
CC

Drop1
12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
It was my pleasure.We all will be rooting for you,and hope you post again. Today is my birthday,and I feel a little sadder,watching the girls walking to school. How beautiful is innocence,and how short is the time. But be of good cheer, the sun will shine in my back door again.

Chopstick
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
OK. I voted. I think I might have gone with one of those fuzzy Elvis pictures over the fireplace though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman3
12-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Happy Birthday! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DickLeonard
12-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Wolfdancer no wonder they are having a customer revolt over on E-Harmony. They are over here. I would have voted but I always leave a field open, then I have to retype, I just get disgusted and quit. Now I refuse to get trapped in long fill ins.####

I did like the Zebra room, that is for people who don't like to be disturbed and never will.####

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I have lived long enough. It's just that my walks are with the same lady for 33 years. And you know what? I still enjoy them! She arouses me as much as ever!

Drop1
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
I have been walking with the same lady for forty years,and I still look at other women. The operative word,is look,I just love women. Sometimes my wife will catch me looking,and just laugh. We both know the 90% 10% rule of matrimony,and I think you been around the block,as much as I have,even if its just to look. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SKennedy
12-13-2007, 07:48 PM
I'll look until I'm dead!

Drop1
12-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Don't let that stop you!

cuechick
12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Happy Birthday Harry, mine was also this week (the 11th) yay for Sagittarius!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Drop1
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Well,damn my soul,we do have things in common.I hope you had a good one,and really, thank you for wishing one for me. As you go through life,never under estimate the entertainment value of sex,or the transient residence of love. Be careful of careless hands...advice I gave to my grand daughters. Yay for us.

Deeman3
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> I'll look until I'm dead! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> ser un pollo con moquillo</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SKennedy
12-14-2007, 05:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> I'll look until I'm dead! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> ser un pollo con moquillo</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My translation is ..."Do you want fries with that chicken?"
How'd I do?

Drop1
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Maybe try "Puedo tener papas estilo Frances con mi pollo por favor" Translation: Can I have French fries with my chicken please?