PDA

View Full Version : Thank you IBM

Drop1
12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
One in five workers of IBM,are in India. In 2003 there were nine thousand skilled IBM workers in India,today there are fifty six thousand IBM workers in India. Can we compete?

heater451
12-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Only if we quit buying the Chinese-made Stinkpads.

IBM sold Lenovo the laptop biz a year or two ago. Of course, everyone buys from Dell anyways, as far as commercial sales. And I think most consumers just hit the nearest Big Box store, for the latest Sone VAIO, or Hewlett-Packard.

The think about Indian tech support that drives me crazy, is that they speak perfectly good english, but their actual comprehension leaves something to be desired.

Oh, and while you're thanking IBM, thank every other corporate giant, that's outsourced to China, India, Mexico, and anywhere else they can get 26/hr labor. And don't forget the average consumer, who still flocks to Wal-Mart for the low prices, even after Sam died, and his "only made in the USA products" mandate went to the grave with him.

===========================

Rich R.
12-15-2007, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr>And don't forget the average consumer, who still flocks to Wal-Mart for the low prices, even after Sam died, and his "only made in the USA products" mandate went to the grave with him.<hr /></blockquote>
In defense of the "average consumer", I have to ask, is it even posssible to buy a computer totally made in the USA? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't think so, but I really don't have a clue.

heater451
12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Rich, I'm not quite sure that ANYTHING is all-American made anymore. This has been happening for a long time, and we're now starting to see the effects of our decisions. Once the floodgates were opened and all. . . .

=========================