PDA

View Full Version : Catching up, and the anticipation of my new cue

bigalerickson
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey Everybody,

I am sure there are still some familiar faces, and a ton of new ones. I haven't posted on here in well over a year now. Owning my own business has caught up to me. But, I am so excited I just had to post.

I just sent in my final payment for my new Samsara Cue. This is my first, handmade cue. I've had a lucasi and a Mcdermott over the years. they have served me very well. but, ever since I met Scott Lee I had the image of his samsara spyderweb cue in my mind. The most striking cue I have ever held.

the first time I saw, was my junior year in college. I didn't even have the courage to ask to hold it. That was five years ago. I have since held it, and even played a couple of racks with it. Needless to say, I fell in love.

So, I set a goal, and once I hit the goal I would place my order. Our office has a pool table in it, so I offered a similar goal to two of the guys on my team at work that both love pool. A couple months ago, we hit that goal, and I placed the order. Brandon our intern, is getting their bar cue. Don, our head of research is getting a beautiful wrapless bocote and cocobolo combo. And I am getting my spyderweb.

I need to get back to work, but I can't stop looking at the final pics Jim just sent me. I am very excited. What's even better is, the order wasn't supposed to be complete until february. So, neither of them know they are being shipped out tomorrow. Delivered in time for our company's luncheon and pool tournament on friday.

Should I suprise them at the luncheon or give them a chance to practice thursday night?

I miss this community, its been great typing this post. I am going to be sure to post more often.

Have a joy filled holiday season!

bigalerickson

Rich R.
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Only recently, I was given the opportunity to hit some balls with a Samsara cue. I have to tell you, they hit as well as they look. You are going to love it.
Have fun.