PDA

View Full Version : had a good night

Qtec
12-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I run our house tourney and tonight I won it by beating the Faab [ 5 times Dutch snooker champ] and in the final Huidji S,[ Dutch 8B champ ], the runner up at last years WC straight pool in new Jersey!
It was close- both games and I had a bit of luck [but you need a bit of luck to beat the best] but you also have to play well to win.

Just thought I'd mention it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q.........yahoo.............! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Q, nice going!!!!

Deeman3
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Congratulations Q! And who says far left idealogues can't play? Just kidding. I would say I know how it feels to beat the best but more accurately, I know how it feels to get beat by the best.

Keep those wooden shoes dry....I miss Leiden in the Spring.

Qtec
12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys. Its good to know that I have still got 'it'! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Beating somebody better than yourself [ even if its a house torney and Bo9] its always nice because you know you played well. [ On the hill I got a shot and ran out from the 2 or 1. Had one difficult shot to get on a blocked ball and hit it sweet. Palyed it perfectly.]
After playing for 30 years I can still get pleasure from making shots. What a game.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpiderMan
12-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Congratulations, it sounds like you did have a very good night. In an elimination format, sometimes getting through the field without a loss requires more concentration and good play than any one match.

One thing I'd consider in the future, though, is not mentioning names after this sort of victory. In a race to two, if you can run two racks, it doesn't really matter who you played. A long race favors the favorite, while a short race tends to randomize the outcome.

It's happened to me many times, getting past the favorite in a short-race format, but I wouldn't get on the internet and talk about it because I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression. It will get back to your opponent. If he's not a good sport, he could think you're bragging at his expense. On the other hand, if he's a good sport then he'll be happy for you. Only about 17% of the notorious players around here are good sports when losing in small tourneys /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I run our house tourney and tonight I won it by beating the Faab [ 5 times Dutch snooker champ] and in the final Huidji S,[ Dutch 8B champ ], the runner up at last years WC straight pool in new Jersey!
It was close- both games and I had a bit of luck [but you need a bit of luck to beat the best] but you also have to play well to win.

Just thought I'd mention it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q.........yahoo.............! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
12-19-2007, 12:48 PM
So if I had just said, " the runner up at last years WC straight pool in new Jersey!" it would then be OK?
I already said I won from "a better player". I,m not proffessing to be something I,m not. Probably 9 x out of 10 he would kick my a$$.
I had a good night. I wanted to share my joy with my fellow posters. Thats it.
I played well, had some luck and held my nerve to beat a good player who slaughtered me the last time we played.

Even with a lot of luck you have to play well in a Bo9 against a top player. Thats all.

Q....still smiling.

Fran Crimi
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Congrats, Q! I always liked your game. You have great fundamentals, which I believe carries a player through the years, even though they may not play as much as they used to.

Fran

SKennedy
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Congrats Q!
I find joy in occasionally beating a better player and being the instrument of humility, instead of the other way around!

Deeman3
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Let's put it this way Q, if me, Spiderman or most any other of us on here jumped up and beat Earl, for instance, we'd be taking out a half page advertisment in the New York Times... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif o.k. a full page ad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
12-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks Fran, you are too kind.

Like I always say,

"every dog has its day" LOL

Qtec

Qtec
12-20-2007, 09:35 PM
LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was in the club tonight and not one of the MFKS [ guys in the club] even mentioned it! LOL BSTDS. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My 15 min of glory has ended. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

No matter, 2 days to go before the xmas tourney on the 24th.

I'm ready. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q....thanks everybody...had to share it with somebody so why not my buddies on the CCB. Merry Xmas all or happy whatever.

marek
12-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Huidji is a great player, you must have played definitelly good to beat him. Congratulations!

SpiderMan
12-21-2007, 08:36 AM
They're jealous. And after it becomes routine, they'll just be afraid of you /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
12-21-2007, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Let's put it this way Q, if me, Spiderman or most any other of us on here jumped up and beat Earl, for instance, we'd be taking out a half page advertisment in the New York Times... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif o.k. a full page ad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

More likely, Earl would preemt us by announcing all the conditions and favoritism that allowed the outcome to go our way. That's most of the local shortstops do to me when I manage to get past them. I don't say anything, myself.

SpiderMan