PDA

View Full Version : Truman to Senator Joseph McCarthy -unsent-http://w

Drop1
12-17-2007, 11:21 PM
web page (http://) http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/mccarthy-telegram/images/truman-reply.gif

wolfdancer
12-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Good old "Give em hell" Harry....too bad he isn't around today, and posting here on this board.
we might be singing these lines about a couple of posters here:
" Well, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where the rabbits couldn't go
Ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico."

llotter
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Senator McCarthy was right that our government was peppered with communist spies, especially in the State Department, and he was right to try to make a 'federal case' out of it. Unfortunately, the Left here in this country was tied too closely to the lofty ideals of Stalinism/Marxism and became useful idiots, attacking the messanger and defending the commies. Even today, as those ideals proved to be anything but lofty, and as the evidence lies before them, the Big Lie is carried on in the Lefts's continured effort to erase the truth.

I do wonder what has provoked digging around to reveal this obsure tidbit from the past.

hondo
12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
The digging around was probably done in response to
Bamadog's defense and idolization of McCarthy.
I'm old enough to remember Joe & his witch hunts.
I'm sure Dawg will be pleased to see there's another
McCarthy fan out there.
May I ask how old you are?

Drop1
12-18-2007, 04:52 PM
It was,in response to Bamadog fool. I have been around a lot longer,than you,and have a stronger belief, a freeman is free. I have been in more countries defending that freedom,than the years you have lived,so go play games with someone else little boy.

bamadog
12-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Larry, as you can see, the "tolerant", free speech and "diversity-loving", liberals here can't tolerate a different opinion. They get especially mad when you have facts to back up your opinion.
The liberal press and school system has vilified McCarthy for 50yrs.. Even after he was proven to have been correct, they refuse to face the truth.
Liberals have never met a Communist dictator they couldn't find the good in.
But a US Senator who points out, DURING THE COLD WAR, that our Govt, at the highest levels, is compromised by Soviet spies, well HE is surely evil.
Go figure.

llotter
12-18-2007, 09:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> It was,in response to Bamadog fool. I have been around a lot longer,than you,and have a stronger belief, a freeman is free. I have been in more countries defending that freedom,than the years you have lived,so go play games with someone else little boy. <hr /></blockquote>

Your response to my comment seems very small-minded and immature for such an old, experienced man. Obviously don't need my thanks for your service to the country, your sense of your own self-importance is already spilling out of your ego.

llotter
12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Yes Bama, the invective here is definitely on the rise. I just wonder when violence is going to break out between the reds and the blues, the conservatives and the libs. And when our society breaks down into chaos, should we prefer a right wing dictator or one from the left to restore order.

Of course, to quote my favorite author, Ann Coulter, "If Democrats had any Brains, they would be Republicans"

bamadog
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
We are on the same page, my friend. Nice post on the fertility rates of liberals vs: conservatives, btw.
Have you read Marc Steyn's "America Alone"?

LWW
12-19-2007, 05:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Good old "Give em hell" Harry....too bad he isn't around today, and posting here on this board.
we might be singing these lines about a couple of posters here:
" Well, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where the rabbits couldn't go
Ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico." <hr /></blockquote>
Harry would be ashamed of the way you folks conduct yourselves in America and would walk up and down the aisles of congress bitch slapping almost all of them.

Read up on Harry and history Wolfie and you will despise him because he was against everything you stand for.

LWW

LWW
12-19-2007, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> It was,in response to Bamadog fool. I have been around a lot longer,than you,and have a stronger belief, a freeman is free. I have been in more countries defending that freedom,than the years you have lived,so go play games with someone else little boy. <hr /></blockquote>

Your response to my comment seems very small-minded and immature for such an old, experienced man. Obviously don't need my thanks for your service to the country, your sense of your own self-importance is already spilling out of your ego. <hr /></blockquote>
And due to that the revolt is reaching the tipping point. Thanks, of course, to hondo and company inviting more freedom fighters in to assist the oppressed on this forum.

The reign of terror has gone on long enough!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

LWW