PDA

View Full Version : J&J jump break cue

blahblahblahk
12-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I am looking into picking up a jump break cue. Being around the holiday season, finances are a little tight so the J&J brand looked reasonable. Anyone know if these are decent? They seem affordable, but I am wondering how they hit and how well they jump. Anyone have experience with these cues in particular? Thanks.

canadan
12-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I got one.. tips to hard for me to break with..so got the tip more pointed then round works good as a jump...butts a lil long to fit nice in my jump pocket...Know a few that love breaking with it...but can tell they lack cb control..but has a nice sound...I'm still a break cue,play cue,jump cue,drunken cue kinda guy....

Snapshot9
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I have one with an extra shaft, and I have bought one for my brother. (4 pointer - Palmwood). I like them, best bang for the buck. If you get one though, take off the bumper, put a couple spots of glue on it, and put it back on.

Chrisonline on AZB is the guy to get one from.

blahblahblahk
12-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the tips and experiences. I appreciate it.

jimmyg
12-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Had one for about a year. Although I only play once a week, but for several hours each time, after about eight months the one piece phenolic tip started shattering. Right now it's pretty much just a piece of lumber. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jim

shortstop
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I have a 700.00 Gilbert j/b and although it is nice I regularly use the 60.00 J&J I have. It serves its purpose and I don't worry about beating it up. They are a great j/b for the money, in fact they are a great j/b period.