PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Alberto Gonzales

llotter
12-19-2007, 10:07 AM
A modest hero has been recognized by the ABA as Lawyer of the Year. He calmly withstood with a sly smile question after question from the Committees of Un-American Membership. I always got a chuckle watching him 'take the heat' from those gutless wonders who loved nothing more than to hear themselves jabber on and on, as if their life actually had some worthwhile meaning. He is that much more of a hero for not just breaking down in laughter at the total inanity of the inquisitors.

Gayle in MD
12-19-2007, 10:28 AM
BWA HA HA HA, well, he sure had the rest of the country in stitches when he avoided taking any responsibility for anything the DOJ was doing with either, "I can't recall" hundreds of times, or "I wasn't there, I didn't know about that, No one told me" over and over again. People were asking well who the hell is running that place over there at the DOJ.

Unfortunately, FYI, the title does not signify anything other than having been controversial enough to keep your name in the news. That's pretty easy to do when your the top Department Of Justice official, and you're so crooked that the whole country is laughing over your obvious colossal loss of memory under questioning about politisizing the DOJ, to benefit your party by firing those who refuse to break the law, and be a tool for the Executive office for covering up their law breaking.

Gonzales is a thug, and had to resign because he damaged the DOJ to the point that Bush, obviously, had to get him to step down when the jig was up, and the leading Republicans demanded it. I hardly think this post of yours reflects the reality behind the designation, when even Alan Specter stated that Gonzales should resign, along with many other Republicans, and the organization which named him in this title, clarified the action by stating it had nothing to do with integrity, or good performance, just notoriety. It's easy to keep your name in the news when you're the AG and you're covering up law breaking.

Gayle in Md.

Another Republican rewrite of the truth, does it ever end?

Qtec
12-19-2007, 10:30 AM
He also won the

"Face you would most like to punch" award.

"The Brown Nose "award.

The "I can't recall" award, [meaning you have the brain of a Jellyfish.]

Not to mention the
"Biggest Liar on the face of the Planet" award.

The guy should be in jail.

...but you know that, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q ........he also holds the record for the biggest amount of slime ever produced by a human being.

Gayle in MD
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey, it's all good, God was guilding him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

llotter
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
It looks like another good man is unjustly going down in infamy like Sen. McCarthy. Have you no shame? When the denonciations become so heated that you can practically smell the hate, it is prima facia reason to doubt its veracity or its sincerity. This is deconstructing history almost before it is written. It is as if there is only one side to the debate and and anyone who dares appear on the other side, they will be attacked and demonized personally and suffer the same ignominious fate.

bamadog
12-19-2007, 11:44 AM
The Alberto Gonzalez affair is proof that the Dems are more than willing to personally destroy anyone if they feel it is politically expedient.

hondo
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
My theory. llotter is just goofing on us.
There can't be 3 of them out there, can there? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

LWW
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> BWA HA HA HA, well, he sure had the rest of the country in stitches when he avoided taking any responsibility for anything the DOJ was doing with either, "I can't recall" hundreds of times, or "I wasn't there, I didn't know about that, No one told me" over and over again. People were asking well who the hell is running that place over there at the DOJ.

Unfortunately, FYI, the title does not signify anything other than having been controversial enough to keep your name in the news. That's pretty easy to do when your the top Department Of Justice official, and you're so crooked that the whole country is laughing over your obvious colossal loss of memory under questioning about politisizing the DOJ, to benefit your party by firing those who refuse to break the law, and be a tool for the Executive office for covering up their law breaking.

Gonzales is a thug, and had to resign because he damaged the DOJ to the point that Bush, obviously, had to get him to step down when the jig was up, and the leading Republicans demanded it. I hardly think this post of yours reflects the reality behind the designation, when even Alan Specter stated that Gonzales should resign, along with many other Republicans, and the organization which named him in this title, clarified the action by stating it had nothing to do with integrity, or good performance, just notoriety. It's easy to keep your name in the news when you're the AG and you're covering up law breaking.

Gayle in Md.

Another Republican rewrite of the truth, does it ever end? <hr /></blockquote>
So, what were the exact crimes he was charged with again?

lww

llotter
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> My theory. llotter is just goofing on us.
There can't be 3 of them out there, can there? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No, I am not 'goofing' on you guys but merely making the case as I understand it on verious issues. I really did laugh out loud to see Alberto sticking it to those blowhards in those hearings and I was quite disappointed to see him forced out. And even though I am neither a Republican nor a Bush supporter, I do like it when he stands up for executive power and doesn't even seem to let the legislative oversight bother him at all. They don't have the balls to impeach him and I think he pretty much ignores about 90% of their political pomposity and I think he is doing the right thing in this case.

Btw, are you, edging into the personal attacks here? At least Gayle makes a case that can be responded to.

wolfdancer
12-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I didn't realize, while watching the hearings, that Mr. Gonzales was showing up the Committee Members, making them look bad. I didn't know that an "I don't remember" reply, was actually a put down.
I guess that all fits in under "defending executive powers against an oversight committee"
It's amazing that the poster objected to the hearing, as it was convened to look into an important allegation...was the executive branch exerting undo influence on the justice dep't? Gonzales, for all his "heroic" gesturing,but faulty memory, did not help much in uncovering the answer to that.
I thought the American people had the right to hear that "debated". Most of us do not want to just put blind trust into any administration....we welcome oversight committees.

hondo
12-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Not meaning to get personal. I am amazed at posters
who admire hate mongers like McCarthy.
That's why I didn't know if you were serious.
Say what you like, buddy. It takes all kinds so they say.

LWW
12-19-2007, 07:11 PM
hondo, here is something that is almost always true with polarizing political figures. The truth lies in the mist. He certainly was not a saint looking out only for national security. Neither was he the completely wrong and Satan incarnate that he has been made out to be.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, drag out the old hate word. Nothing like the semantics of the nutty right wing, rather ill 28%.

All of us who denounce an Attoyney General who was a political tool of the Executive office, aiding their illegal activities, torture, for one, and election fraud, which was part of their plan, indictments and investigations of Democrats being hustled by Republicans statesmen, if that's what one wishes to falsely call them, and you defend illegal, unconsitutional activities, and the crooks who take part in them, but those of us who denounce them, are hate mongering demons.

Gonzales is a crook, along with Bush, Cheney, Rice, and the rest of the Nazis in their cabal.

Sheep are dumb, and they sink. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
12-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Gonzales was reprimanded by both Republicans, and Democrats. This is a good example of the gross ignorance of these RW nuts we have to put up with on this board. Is there any wonder that there have been cries for censoship coming from the same side.

Honestly, why don't they all move to Saudi Arabia, there's no oversight there, total religious control and the resulting human persecution, they'd love it, watching their religious referees bastardize the rule of law until it fits the religious myths they subscribe to.

They could joyfully wrap their women in black Burkas, and eat popcorn while they watch the stonings in the streets. I think they'd fit right in, dont't you?

Hitler would have loved this authoritarian loving group...

Sheep are dumb, and they stink!

Gayle in MD
12-21-2007, 06:47 AM
He resigned because there were calls for impeachment, from both Republicans, and Democrats. Your take on the matter is disgraceful, if you call yourself an American. You are basically in admiration of a criminal, who is still under investigation for his role in the present investigations of illegal, immoral torture, designated as illegal and immoral by the the international Geneva Conventions, and you want people like yourself, and your religious leaders, Referees, as you refer to them, to call the shots on what is morally right and wrong in this country, <font color="red">BWA HA HA HA...now that is funny!

BTW, did you miss the statement released about the Man Of The Year designation, a disclaimmer in the true sense, or are you just following suit with the other Right wing nuts on this board, and re-writing history to fit your fantasies?iIt was not a designation of honor at all. Did you think all such person of the year designations meant something else? The Nobel Peace Prize, OTOH, is a different story, would you like to give congratulations to Al Gore for recieving that award?</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SKennedy
12-21-2007, 10:44 AM
It's nice to see Gayle is back and in her usual form. She hasn't missed a beat! In fact, she appears to be rejuvenated! I'm sure her next post will state that all Republicans are criminals and we need to build more prisons. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm glad she's back, but I just don't know if I can stand it!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
12-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Again, my dear, I don't think all of any group are just alike, that's why I posted honorable mention for Gordon Smith, and Chuck Hagle. When I write of the nutty 28% who still think we found WMD's in Iraq, or that Bush didn't falsify intelligence, or that Valarie was just a secretary, my accusations go only where the shoe fits. But, now if we want to start counting indictments, investigations, convictions, and hasty resignations, I think you'd see record breaking stats for the Republicans during these last seven years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SKennedy
12-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to see if Deeman and I needed to prepare for doing "time." I think LWW and Bamadog are currently serving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
12-21-2007, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LWW and Bamadog are currently serving.

<hr /></blockquote>

Who's that? Never heard of them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bamadog
12-21-2007, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> He resigned because there were calls for impeachment, from both Republicans, and Democrats. Your take on the matter is disgraceful, if you call yourself an American. You are basically in admiration of a criminal, who is still under investigation for his role in the present investigations of illegal, immoral torture, designated as illegal and immoral by the the international Geneva Conventions, and you want people like yourself, and your religious leaders, Referees, as you refer to them, to call the shots on what is morally right and wrong in this country, <font color="red">BWA HA HA HA...now that is funny!

<hr /></blockquote>

Are you talking about the "torture" that Pelosi and the Dem leadership knew,and approved, of 5 years ago? They even asked if those techniques were harsh enough.
Are you going to address that hypocrisy? Or is your righteous indignation reserved for Republicans only?

BTW, what crime has Gonzales been charged with?

Qtec
12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They even asked if those techniques were harsh enough. <hr /></blockquote>

Link?

Q

Deeman3
12-21-2007, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Just wanted to see if Deeman and I needed to prepare for doing "time." I think LWW and Bamadog are currently serving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">As I have taken up Waterboarding as my new pastime to replace snowboarding, I'm willing to do time if it is in the right place.

I do hope all my friends here have a safe and wonder Christmas, that those of you who rejoice in Christ enjoy the season and that those who do not enjoy the time with their families. We are all blessed to live in a place where we can argue, disagree and openly critique government, churches and still wish the very best for all. </font color>

bamadog
12-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Ask and yee shall receive.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=N2QxMmQ2OWJjZmNlZjYyMjE3ODM0ZDY1MmRkNDE5MzU=#mo re

LWW
12-21-2007, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, drag out the old hate word. Nothing like the semantics of the nutty right wing, rather ill 28%.<hr /></blockquote>
What about the ill 11% that still thing congress is going well and the haters in the DNC high command who were in on waterboarding?

What would you say about them, or are we still coweringfrom inconvenient truths?

LWW

LWW
12-21-2007, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>Sheep are dumb, and they sink. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>
But we forgive you and love you anyway. It's Christmas.

LWW

LWW
12-21-2007, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
There are concurrent threads running on this very topic ... but you knew that.

LWW

Link?

Q
<hr /></blockquote>

LWW
12-21-2007, 01:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
LWW and Bamadog are currently serving.

<hr /></blockquote>

Who's that? Never heard of them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
In your wildest dreams.

I've had some of your minions forward me some of your private vitriol.

It inspired me. Knowing that I can inspire such hatred in you proves to me that I am following the path of truth and justice.

Say what you want, it is quite apparent that you, wolfie, hondo, sonoma, and friends cling to every word written by the Dawg and I.

Your blind allegiance to the DNC is overly transparent and allows anyone with any debating skills to confuse you to the point oblivion.

I had truly hoped there were liberals of the level of Andrew Manning at AZB to discuss issues with.

Instead I have found this dark hearted beast which actually NEEDS people like the Dawg and I. This group flails about blindly when it has nobody to hate.

BTW, do you all realize how utterly ridiculous you look when 6K+ posts can be condensed down into 2 words? B-b-b-b-but Boooooosh!!!!!!!

LWW

wolfdancer
12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I noticed that every one of your posts is followed immediately, by one or both of the no names here, and now it seems you have picked up a new admirer.
I used to post and no one cared to respond....but now I got me two camp followers, so I'm like real pleased, that I have a readership....'course they don't usually agree with my posts, in it's entirety ....but I think we have enough common ground to merit a friendly discussion on the topic.
I have to admire their tenacity, if not their reading comprehension skills....I haven't had to concede a point yet, which makes them resort to some grade school insults, maybe even a veiled threat????
Checking up the word "incompetent" today (as it applies to Der Bush, et al)I came across this:
web page (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/24/AR2006012401163.html)
In GWB's case, I'd have to give it an "8th deadly sin" status.
And, good thing for the boys....:
Cornell University study has shown that most incompetent people do not know that they are incompetent. ...
'course they didn't have to waste all them bucks on that....just read some of the posts here by the no names, that claim to be so smart.....as the old saying goes:
"Ignorance is Bliss"
I very carefully did not mention any names here...any resemblance to persons living or dead, in the southland, is purely coincidental ....

wolfdancer
12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I think Gonzo is up for a Nobel Prize in fictional literature, as well.
He dishonored the office of Attorney General, in my opinion.
BUT, he shares that distinction with several other present holders of high office.....

LWW
12-22-2007, 04:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Link?

Q
<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Ask and yee shall receive.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=N2QxMmQ2OWJjZmNlZjYyMjE3ODM0ZDY1MmRkNDE5MzU=#mo re
<hr /></blockquote>
The silence becomes deafening in these parts when the truth enters the room doesn't it Dawg.

LWW

LWW
12-22-2007, 04:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> My theory. llotter is just goofing on us.
There can't be 3 of them out there, can there? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>
There are way more than 3 hondo ... nd more are starting to speak up now that the Neolib Dynasty's Reign of Intellectual Terror is at it's end.

You should have taken the win when it was in your hand. You, Gayle, and company were the mouse that roared ... unworthy of the effort it would take to chase the rodents down until they bit my ankle one time to many. You all owe it all to your ambassadors to AZB.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Good article, sad situation.

I'm still scrolling by, btw, and don't read any posts from the sheep. I like to take responsibility for what I read. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Drop1
12-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Yep,people become silent,when they smell BS. Read the part about both Democrats,and Republicans,knew of the torture five years ago. Pretty selective on your information Fella.

Quote the LWW."If only they would listen" Ha ha ha

bamadog
12-22-2007, 11:56 PM
So you read the article?
Did the part sink in about the Dem leadership knowing five years ago about waterboarding? Did the other part sink in about the Dem leadership wanting to know whether these techniques were tough enough?
Do you understand, then, the hypocrisy of the very same Dem leadership feigning surprise, horror, and moral outrage when news of these techniques became public?

This is not that complicated Harry. Can you wrap your mind around it?

LWW
12-23-2007, 04:30 AM
Not until Gayle or Howard the Dean explains it to him.

You are arguing with a bot.

LWW