PDA

View Full Version : The Billiard Hutch, Covington KY

thedude
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I just want to give a shout out to the Billiard Hutch in Covington, KY. I do a lot of traveling and Covington is usually a place that I can count on for a night of couch surfing, good homemade food, and a pool hall within 5 minutes drive of my comfy couch.

I went there yesterday, started to hand the owner 6 bucks and an I.D. for a table. Their rates are 3 bucks an hour(for an 8 foot table, its 5 for the 9 foot diamond... the diamonds a money table.) You gotta put a 6 buck deposit down, and that counts toward your play time. Anyway, as I started to hand the owner 6 bucks and an ID, he shook his head and said "You don't owe me anything. Its my birthday. Everybody plays free. All day. Take the balls and pick a table." And I don't even know the dude's name! On top of that, it was dollar beers all night!(I only had one, but its the thought that counts.)

Just wanted to give props to a good guy, and a good pool hall that treats its customers well. Cheers to the Billiard Hutch! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Dude

P.S. If your a smoker... you don't even need cigarettes there, the smoke gets so thick... I sometimes have to fan it out of the way to get a clear look at the balls on the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BillPorter
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
For what's it's worth, the owner's name is Chris Hutchison, thus The Billiard Hutch.