PDA

View Full Version : Billiards Hall Of Fame

JCSuperstar
12-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Is there a physical building known as the Billiards Hall of Fame anywhere? Anyone remember Kramer and Eugene’s in North Carolina near Charlotte? If I remember correctly, wasn’t this place supposed to be somewhat like a “Hall of Fame”
What ever happened to this place?

I searched Google and only found BCA, is this a real official building “Hall of Fame” open to the public or just a listing of players? Also, found someplace in CT. listed as Hall of Fame Billiards however this just looks like a standard regular pool hall.

TerryArdeno
12-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Sorry to say that no such building, hall, wing or even room exists. The BCA has the sparce info they do have on the champs in a file drawer and on the computer.
I too wish the greats of our great sport were more honored by the BCA.

pooltchr
12-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Terry is correct that there is no physical hall of fame.

As for K&E's, it was a upscale pool room with a lot of billiards memorbilia (sp?) but it wasn't a hall of fame. I played there a couple of times, but their table time was a little high for my budget. I tend to spend several hours at a time in a pool room, so it added up pretty quickly. I just go down to Pineville where an afternoon of pool doesn't break the bank.
Steve

12-25-2007, 03:53 PM
They've been offered space several times, but have always turned it down. The organization doesn't seem to understand that you have to crawl before you can run. GF