PDA

View Full Version : Speln

Drop1
12-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Spelling is being thrown out,of Magnet schools in L.A. My nine year old grand daughter told me,in her school, they don't teach spelling,because "there are other combinations of letters to make the same sound,and why would you want a silent letter"? I told her,"So what,sew on the button,and then sow seeds." Mad Mack is ahead of his time.

LWW
12-26-2007, 05:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr>Mad Mack is ahead of his time. <hr /></blockquote>
Actually it was "MAD MAX" so the English taught in public schools in the past wasn't so good either.

In reality however, Mad Max and his horde of illiteracy is riding the black horse of liberal politics so ... you now reap what you have sewn my friend. Enjoy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

LWW

SKennedy
12-26-2007, 02:53 PM
LWW, I don't think Drop1 was refering to the character "Mad Max," but was refering to one of our posters on here.
Spelling is much easier to teach than common sense, tolerance, and basic manners.
I think you owe an apology to Drop1 not only for correcting him, but for indicating he is responsible for our current state of public education. You and I are guilty also! Other than spouting your opinions on websites that don't matter, voting in elections, and telling your wife to join the PTA, what have you done to improve the situation?
You speak about being civil on here, yet any time someone posts on here you make it a political issue of libs vs conservatives. Maybe you should take part of the responsibilty and blame yourself. And on another thread you very recently offered your assistance of "enlightenment" to someone....for some reason I just don't see you as anyone's savior.

LWW
12-26-2007, 03:00 PM
What have I done?

-Serve my country in the US Army Reserves.
-Campaign religiously for causes I believe in.
-Work local shelters on holidays.
-Teach an adult ed class.
-Work on Neighbiorhood Watch Citizen Patrols in high crime areas.
-Drive the "GET OUT THE VOTE" bus.

among other things. I don't talk about them much because they are, IMHO, the duties of any citizen ... but you asked.

LWW

SKennedy
12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> What have I done?

-Serve my country in the US Army Reserves.
-Campaign religiously for causes I believe in.
-Work local shelters on holidays.
-Teach an adult ed class.
-Work on Neighbiorhood Watch Citizen Patrols in high crime areas.
-Drive the "GET OUT THE VOTE" bus.

among other things. I don't talk about them much because they are, IMHO, the duties of any citizen ... but you asked.
LWW <hr /></blockquote>

That's great, but I suspect that many of us on here have done that much and much more, liberals and conservatives alike. You miss the point of my post. It was not really about you and what you have done or not done. It's about attacking a specific individual or specific group for our education problems when there is plenty of blame to go around. Drop1 was just sharing information and I suspect he was not happy with the info he was sharing. And your response? You can't wait to attack him. Again, I think you owe Drop1 an apology! Like you always say on here...be a man and admit when you are wrong! And if you can't, I'll assume that's one difference between those who served active duty every day all day long vs 1 weekend/month and 2 weeks/year!
(Note to all reservists....thanks for your service and remember I'm just being ugly to LWW for the moment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

LWW
12-26-2007, 03:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>You miss the point of my post. It was not really about you and what you have done or not done. It's about attacking a specific individual or specific group for our education problems when there is plenty of blame to go around. Drop1 was just sharing information and I suspect he was not happy with the info he was sharing. And your response? You can't wait to attack him. Again, I think you owe Drop1 an apology! Like you always say on here...be a man and admit when you are wrong!<hr /></blockquote>
I'm going to go one better.

I'm going to admit that I am wrong in acting like a shiite head to certain individuals, and yes I got your point but wasn't sure you did.

You only have seen a single side to this.

houndo and his gang baited this fight for 2 years. I took the bait, and that was a personal weakness of mine, and then I walked away from it.

They weren't happy with that. They then attempted a character assassination of me on 2 different forums.

SONoma was pulled in or jumped in with vicious and juvenile personal attacks, and yes he knows that. I walked away from that as well.

Then, during the Christmas Season they followed me to another forum with malice and forethought to trash it as they have trashed this one.

At that point the sarge took the advice of Popeye ... "Enough is enough and enough is too damned much!"

So, after being the gentleman and turning the other cheek I finally decided that if they want a fight they have one and anyone who wants onboard with them is welcome just so I know where everyone stands.

Is that wrong of me? Probably. Will I have to answer for it some day? Probably. I would rather answer for that than answer for why I stood by and did nothing.

Maybe you care, maybe you don't. It really doesn't matter to me right now, and I mean you no disrespect.

I have watched these people bully everyone who doesn't agree with them and I have always been the broad shouldered lightning rod type, where if you mess with my bloods or my buds you better be ready go Rocky on me because once I reach a certain point I'll bring it without mercy.

Is that wrong? Maybe. I'm human. I can admit it.

If these guys want peace all they have to do is want peace.

LWW

SKennedy
12-26-2007, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>You miss the point of my post. It was not really about you and what you have done or not done. It's about attacking a specific individual or specific group for our education problems when there is plenty of blame to go around. Drop1 was just sharing information and I suspect he was not happy with the info he was sharing. And your response? You can't wait to attack him. Again, I think you owe Drop1 an apology! Like you always say on here...be a man and admit when you are wrong!<hr /></blockquote>

I'm going to admit that I am wrong in acting like a shiite head to certain individuals, and yes I got your point but wasn't sure you did.

houndo and his gang baited this fight for 2 years. I took the bait, and that was a personal weakness of mine, and then I walked away from it.

They weren't happy with that. They then attempted a character assassination of me on 2 different forums.

SONoma was pulled in or jumped in with vicious and juvenile personal attacks, and yes he knows that. I walked away from that as well.

Then, during the Christmas Season they followed me to another forum with malice and forethought to trash it as they have trashed this one.

At that point the sarge took the advice of Popeye ... "Enough is enough and enough is too damned much!"

So, after being the gentleman and turning the other cheek I finally decided that if they want a fight they have one and anyone who wants onboard with them is welcome just so I know where everyone stands.

Is that wrong of me? Probably. Will I have to answer for it some day? Probably. I would rather answer for that than answer for why I stood by and did nothing.

Maybe you care, maybe you don't. It really doesn't matter to me right now, and I mean you no disrespect.

I have watched these people bully everyone who doesn't agree with them and I have always been the broad shouldered lightning rod type, where if you mess with my bloods or my buds you better be ready go Rocky on me because once I reach a certain point I'll bring it without mercy.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> </font color> OK! History does help. But in the final analysis what we have here has been made personal and is now a vendetta?
To be honest, I come on here for fun and entertainment. Not for an education from either you or Gayle (like her new post about Helen Thomas and other ramblings?) Some on here may be zealous, but at least they post with a sense of humor. However, some of you really inflame others....and they exist on both sides (Gayle &amp; LWW). Wolfie, SONoma, and I disagree almost always. But if I decide I really dislike Wolfdancer for some personal reason, I'll let him know. And if he likes, he can take it up with me in person (I hear he is much older than me so I might have a chance). Go Rocky in person...it's more effective! Trying to go Rocky on a website by posting is not very effective. And you got trashed on a website? Big deal! Did you lose your job? Did your wife leave you for SONoma when she found out? Bullies only pick on cowards repeatedly. I'm glad you are now "standing up!" But you really don't need "revenge" and it just makes you look little.

SKennedy
12-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Once I "Dr. Phil" LWW I plan to work on Gayle. When they announce their engagement to each other I expect each of you to send me $10.00 cash so I can get more lessons from Scott (the elbow drop thingy) and buy a really nice cue! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man I wish I was going to Derby City....we'd all have so much fun!

Gayle in MD
12-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Bash, Bash, Bash. Have at it. I don't harp on you, or include references to you in my posts, constantly, as you like to do, to me.

Helen Thomas happens to be a Washington D.C. icon, who is a hero to many people who value a free press, and a woman who has relentlessly asked the questions that the administration's lap dogs in that press room have been too intimidated by this administration to ask.

Dana Perino was way out of line, IMO, and it seems to me that most people would agree that someone too young, (or young and dumb) to even know what the Cuban Missile Crises WAS, ought to show some respect to an eighty-six year old icon of the press who is considered the First Lady of the White House Press Room.

You like to associate yourself with those posters here who you deem to be reasonable people, when in reality, you've been on a bash festival against me since the start.

If you can't handle a different opinion, that's your problem. Don't try to make your issues, my issues. I don't sneak around trying to get people booted off this forum, just because I don't agree with their opinions, nor do I harp away trashing the same people over and over again, non stop, like you do. I'm not interested in educating you, or anyone else, for that matter. Go your own way.

When I don't like someone's posting style, I ignore their posts. Try it sometime, it works, and it's better for the forum in general, than bashing the same people, over and over, just because you have a different opinion.

DUH!

Funny how the very people who whine all the time about vitriolic posts, and a poor mood on this forum, are the worst offenders.

Gayle in Md. Never called anyone here trailor trash! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

heater451
12-26-2007, 06:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>. . .Funny how the very people who whine all the time about vitriolic posts, and a poor mood on this forum, are the worst offenders. . . .<hr /></blockquote>Gayle, haven't you realized, that some people are "Always the Victim"?

It's a tactic often employed by those who live in glass houses, and people who always seek a scapegoat, because they themselves are certainly never the problem.

It probably starts as a defense mechanism in childhood, and they never grow out of it.

===================

LWW
12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
You still miss me bro. I hate trolls. When this is done they will know not to troll. I really don't care what they think about me, but I wish I could share some PM's. A few people have posted here. In unison they are thanking me for putting the trolls in their place.

This forum is starting to see a few more people post than it used to. I don't think it's because of me, I think it's because they are enjoying watching the tyrants fall.

The thing with them is they HAVE to hate. It's not me, if I were never here they would still hate. Just probably a smaller amount each to a larger number of people.

What I take joy in is feeling the heat from their posts as they are devoured in their own acidic venom. They can't intimidate me, thay can't scare me, they can't bully me, and they admittedly can't outsmart me. When the bully no longer can bully they implode.

Enjoy.

LWW

hondo
12-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Actually, I heard his wife did leave him for Sonoma
but we really shouldn't bring this up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
12-27-2007, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It probably starts as a defense mechanism in childhood, and they never grow out of it.
<hr /></blockquote>

Probably so. And it is the anthesis of autonomy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LWW
12-27-2007, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Actually, I heard his wife did leave him for Sonoma
but we really shouldn't bring this up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
never doubt that houndo can take things to a new low.

Now big boy, all 6-3 7,492 pounds or whatever you brag about and then imply violence on the Dawg for far less a crack ... if we ever meet in person I'd like you to ask me about that in person, or my wife. I'm confident either could make short work of you.

As I've said, if you want peace all you need to do is want peace. You don't.

LWW

SKennedy
12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Bash, Bash, Bash. Have at it. I don't harp on you, or include references to you in my posts, constantly, as you like to do, to me.

Helen Thomas happens to be a Washington D.C. icon, who is a hero to many people who value a free press, and a woman who has relentlessly asked the questions that the administration's lap dogs in that press room have been too intimidated by this administration to ask.

Dana Perino was way out of line, IMO, and it seems to me that most people would agree that someone too young, (or young and dumb) to even know what the Cuban Missile Crises WAS, ought to show some respect to an eighty-six year old icon of the press who is considered the First Lady of the White House Press Room.

You like to associate yourself with those posters here who you deem to be reasonable people, when in reality, you've been on a bash festival against me since the start.

If you can't handle a different opinion, that's your problem. Don't try to make your issues, my issues. I don't sneak around trying to get people booted off this forum, just because I don't agree with their opinions, nor do I harp away trashing the same people over and over again, non stop, like you do. I'm not interested in educating you, or anyone else, for that matter. Go your own way.

When I don't like someone's posting style, I ignore their posts. Try it sometime, it works, and it's better for the forum in general, than bashing the same people, over and over, just because you have a different opinion.

DUH!

Funny how the very people who whine all the time about vitriolic posts, and a poor mood on this forum, are the worst offenders.

Gayle in Md. Never called anyone here trailor trash! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> </font color> Ms. Gayle....I really wasn't "bashing" you. Several times now you have claimed that I do so. At times I have said you overreacted to what I stated and vice versa. I'm glad you can come on here and state your opinions. There is a difference between bashing someone and just "picking at" someone. I've bashed LWW much more than you on here and he's not whining. Maybe I should have used more of the "grin" ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) graphics for you.
Anyway, since you seem to think I can't post without using your name....or that I'm infatuated with you somehow (for those that know me that's a freakin joke), and you are always under the impression that I have victimized you in some way or some how, from this point on I will never mention your name and will never comment specifically to any of your posts. And while I hope to someday meet up with some of the folks on here at a billiard event, I can assure you I will not take 2 steps out of my way to meet or speak with you. Keep on flattering yourself....I don't need you...not even for toilet paper. I have tried to be civil to everyone on here. We all fuss at LWW but the truth of the matter is that you are the least civil. You just do it in a more deceptive manner. You fool a few, but not most. Many others read here, but never post. I will continue to post, but as others ignore LWW, I will ignore you....not because of your opinions but because you have made it personal.
Fran was right on the money about you!!!! I just disagreed with her comments on how to deal with the situation. I defended your right to give your opinions on here without someone threatening to shut down the board. For me anyway, you no longer have any opinions I am the least bit interested in. Not because of the opinions, but the person providing the opinion.
And....I freakin know who Helen Thomas is....and I've never liked her!! Thanks, but I am fairly well educated, after all, I did go to school in your neck of the woods. You claim you aren't trying to educate anyone, yet you proceed to tell me who various people and entities are....

And are you freakin senile?....I never tried to get anyone censored from this site, etc. Go back and re-read these posts. I think you have confused me with others. But, it really doesn't matter. LWW is right...you are a moonbat!

Anyway...adios old girl!!

S0Noma
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Actually, I heard his wife did leave him for Sonoma
but we really shouldn't bring this up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Shhhhhhhhhhh....

S0Noma
12-27-2007, 07:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

"The World According to LWW" a work of pure fiction coming soon to Amazon.com.

S0Noma
12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>

<font color="blue"> </font color> OK! History does help.

<font color="green">Even made up history? Does that count too? </font color>

But in the final analysis what we have here has been made personal and is now a vendetta?

<font color="green">You are correct sir. </font color>

To be honest, I come on here for fun and entertainment. Not for an education from either you or Gayle (like her new post about Helen Thomas and other ramblings?) Some on here may be zealous, but at least they post with a sense of humor.

<font color="green">Humor is a good thing - I agree. </font color>

However, some of you really inflame others....and they exist on both sides (Gayle &amp; LWW).

<font color="green">LWW posts with intent to inflame. He came here with a stated purpose to disrupt and 'school' the liberals here. His intentions were neither good nor noble. </font color>

Wolfie, SONoma, and I disagree almost always.

<font color="green">Yep, but it hasn't caused us not to like each other. Can't speak directly for Wolfman but I for one, really do like most of the regular posters here regardless of political affiliation. </font color>

But if I decide I really dislike Wolfdancer for some personal reason, I'll let him know. And if he likes, he can take it up with me in person (I hear he is much older than me so I might have a chance). Go Rocky in person...it's more effective! Trying to go Rocky on a website by posting is not very effective.

<font color="green">It may not be unless you're playing to an audience of fans on another forum who applauds your every move and sends additional members over to provide support. </font color>

And you got trashed on a website? Big deal! Did you lose your job? Did your wife leave you for SONoma when she found out?

<font color="green">Not saying. </font color>

Bullies only pick on cowards repeatedly.

<font color="green">Bullies cut and run when their bluff is called. This man has had his bluff called and his nose bloodied repeatedly - he has fled and returned with backup. This is akin to a gang war between forums with a couple of our resident posters siding with the bullies from out of town which only adds fuel to the fire. </font color>

I'm glad you are now "standing up!" But you really don't need "revenge" and it just makes you look little.

<font color="green"> You're wrong about him needing revenge but as to his looking little? I couldn't agree more. </font color> <hr /></blockquote> <font color="green"> </font color>

LAMas
12-27-2007, 11:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr>

This is akin to a gang war between forums with a couple of our resident posters siding with the bullies from out of town which only adds fuel to the fire. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>
The CCB NPR "resident posters" may in fact be rational, level headed, cogent individuals that can think for themselves - kudos to them.

Do you have gang wars in S0Noma county like here in LA County - MS13, Crips and Bloods etc. - do you have first hand knowledge?

"Just asking."

LAMas
12-28-2007, 12:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Spelling is being thrown out,of Magnet schools in L.A. My nine year old grand daughter told me,in her school, they don't teach spelling,because "there are other combinations of letters to make the same sound,and why would you want a silent letter"? I told her,"So what,sew on the button,and then sow seeds." Mad Mack is ahead of his time. <hr /></blockquote>

Back to the original thread - up North they tried to invoke Spanglish.

cushioncrawler
12-28-2007, 12:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Spelling is being thrown out,of Magnet schools in L.A. My nine year old grand daughter told me,in her school, they don't teach spelling,because "there are other combinations of letters to make the same sound,and why would you want a silent letter"? I told her,"So what,sew on the button,and then sow seeds." Mad Mack is ahead of his time.<hr /></blockquote>Droppy -- They have got it all around the wrong way. Thing iz, in the oldendayz every letter woz fully said and spoken etc. Spelling used to be phonetic. The trouble nowadayz iz that kidz aint tort to say the wordz properly. Me, myself, i would be happy to spell proper, if u/we all would talk proper. madMac.

LWW
12-28-2007, 04:53 AM
Oh, poor baby.

Did you soil your underoos on that one.

Big tough guys in a pack. Cowards when the tide turns.

You disgust me sion, and you had best be on you better behavior.

In turning your style against you I have remained adult and not taken it to the gutter ... and going straight to the gutter is truly the sign of an inferior mind, but you knew that.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-28-2007, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You fool a few, but not most. Many others read here, but never post. I will continue to post, but as others ignore LWW, I will ignore you....not because of your opinions but because you have made it personal.
Fran was right on the money about you!!!!

<font color="red">Good, both you and Fran are experts at accusing everyone else, but seldom own up to your own slurs and insults against others. I'm sure you both have your own versions of what and how you write, however, that post of yours was insulting, regardless of how you might like to dilute what you wrote, your speaking out of both sides of your mouth. If you want to address me directly on something I've written, that's fine. Comparing me to these uninformed thugs from AZ, isn't what I call staying on the issues, nor is it an effort to debate openly and honestly. It isn't about me, it's about the war, our troops, and the mess we're all facing due to failed foreign policies which have put our country at great risk. One would think people would be more relentless about the issues, than the value of some silly internet forum, or indulging in personality clashes and insults.

</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
12-28-2007, 10:55 AM
MadMac,the grammatical rules,of English,were not formalized until the mid-nineteenth century. I think what they are doing in the magnet schools,of Los Angeles is a phonetic approach,in terms of linguistic experimentation.

LWW
12-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Poor little thing.

LWW

nAz
12-29-2007, 01:28 AM
hey drop.. is it alright if i continue to write in a cursive style, or is that now out of date?

LWW
12-29-2007, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
You fool a few, but not most. Many others read here, but never post. I will continue to post, but as others ignore LWW, I will ignore you....not because of your opinions but because you have made it personal.
Fran was right on the money about you!!!!

<font color="red">Good, both you and Fran are experts at accusing everyone else, but seldom own up to your own slurs and insults against others. I'm sure you both have your own versions of what and how you write, however, that post of yours was insulting, regardless of how you might like to dilute what you wrote, your speaking out of both sides of your mouth. If you want to address me directly on something I've written, that's fine. Comparing me to these uninformed thugs from AZ, isn't what I call staying on the issues, nor is it an effort to debate openly and honestly. It isn't about me, it's about the war, our troops, and the mess we're all facing due to failed foreign policies which have put our country at great risk. One would think people would be more relentless about the issues, than the value of some silly internet forum, or indulging in personality clashes and insults.

</font color> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>
No, they are good at recognizing moonbats.

LWW

bamadog
12-29-2007, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

Comparing me to these uninformed thugs from AZ, isn't what I call staying on the issues, nor is it an effort to debate openly and honestly.

</font color> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

"debate openly and honestly."

When are you going to start?

As the new year is upon us, I think an appropriate resolution for you, Gayle, would be to become better informed, and not just further propagandized.
I can give you a reading list.
Letting the light of truth into your tortured soul will enhance your happiness.
That is why Conservatives consistently poll at higher happiness numbers than Libs.

Do it for us who must suffer your delusional rants.

Let the hate drain out of you Gayle.