PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore Caught Warming Globe

S0Noma
12-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Al Gore Caught Warming Globe To Increase Box Office Profits

Dozens of eyewitness reports indicated that former vice president Al Gore deliberately attempted to raise the earth's temperature in order to boost box office receipts for An Inconvenient Truth, his documentary film about global warming that was released in May.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Al-Gore-R.jpg

DESPERATE MEASURES
Former vice president Al Gore takes a flamethrower to the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica to boost weekend ticket sales for An Inconvenient Truth.

"We have accounts from concerned citizens that Mr. Gore purchased a Cadillac Escalade SUV several months before [his film] opened in theaters," said Kimberly Blume, spokeswoman for the California-based environmental group Friends Of The Earth. "Not only did Mr. Gore use his new gas-guzzler to make short trips to the grocery store, he also left the vehicle running 24 hours a day in the driveway of his Tennessee home with the air-conditioning on full-blast."

In the weeks following the film's release, witnesses reported additional sightings of Gore engaging in activities such as discharging can after can of 1980s-era, CFC-laden aerosol into the air, and single-handedly clear-cutting over 6,000 acres of Amazon rain forest.

Gore is also rumored to have set a four-acre tire fire outside Akron, OH, and ordered his Secret Service detail to shoot on sight anyone who attempts to put it out.

"It's sad to see a man we thought was a passionate defender of the environment despoiling it for his own monetary gain," Blume said.

Blume said that she and many environmentalists had momentarily expressed relief in late November when Gore appeared to cease his months-long practice of dismantling old refrigerators in order to release ozone-destroying freon into the atmosphere. Blume soon learned, however, that Gore had resumed the activity in Antarctica, where the earth's ozone layer is most fragile.

Environmental groups have called for the federal government to step in and put a stop to Gore's actions, but officials say they do not have the power to stop him.

"There is no legal recourse anyone can take against the former vice president," Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Stephen L. Johnson said. "Mr. Gore is well within the emissions standards set by the current administration."

By year's end, Gore failed to slow his assault on the planet's delicately balanced climate systems. Satellite surveillance revealed what many believe to be a snowshoed Gore jumping up and down on an ice shelf in Greenland, chainsawing glaciers in the Alaskan wild, and urinating in the Gulf Stream waters off the coast of Newfoundland.
web page (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/al_gore_caught_warming_globe_to)

Gayle in MD
12-26-2007, 05:25 PM
HA HA HA! Hilarious!

thanks... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
12-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Don't know if you caught the documentary "Planet in Peril" on the history channel,last night, but I'm not sure how people can keep denying that climate changes are occurring.

LWW
12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Who did that Wolfie?

The bigger question is why do you Goremons think you have the right to shove your religion down our throat?

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/GlobalWarming_BakedBeans.jpg

LWW

pooltchr
12-26-2007, 07:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Don't know if you caught the documentary "Planet in Peril" on the history channel,last night, but I'm not sure how people can keep denying that climate changes are occurring. <hr /></blockquote>

Wolf,
I don't think anyone is denying that climate changes are occurring. Climate change has been going on as long as anyone has been keeping records. Why, it was only about 30 years ago the New York Times and Time Magazine were warning us of the pending ice age! Back in the 40's, we were told that scientists had discovered that the polar caps were melting! Our climate is ALWAYS changing!
Some of us don't buy into the gloom and doom that everything west of the Rockies and east of the Applachains are going to be under water in a few years.
Our government is on top of it, though. Just last week, I heard they are going to outlaw the incandescent light bulb over the next few years. They prefer we all use those twisted little bulbs with lead inside of them. Much better for the environment! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The new energy bill requiring auto manufacturers to raise the average MPG of their products should put an end to the Mustang and Corvette since muscle cars just bring down their average! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I love this country, but I don't have a lot of affection for the idiots running it!
Steve

wolfdancer
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Steve, the changes that are depicted happening now in the documentary, are independent of incandescent light bulbs, and Corvette's. Like an island sinking, the 6th biggest lake in the world has shrunk some 90%, dramatic changes in the coral reefs.
I purposely didn't state global warming, because that is something that some folks here think Al Gore made up. I don't think we can do much about the changes, but San Francisco is trying...they have banned them nasty light bulbs, as well...also bottled water, and plastic grocery bags are have been banned and maybe right wing climatologists will be next on their list /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I knew you would disagree with the documentary, but read your post anyway. I won't give the other guy that courtesy.

Gayle in MD
12-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Steve,
I think it is the speed with which these changes are occurring which have so many scientists alarmed, and also convinced that human activity is playing a huge roll. As you probably know, scientists have been able to measure changes in climate for quite some time, by studying ice samples, and the rings within tree trunks, and other methods, also. These methods tell the story of not only the changes, but the time frames involved.

As I understand it, they are seeing changes never seen before, in terms of the speed with which they are worsening.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
12-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Gayle,
The world is a big place. I'm sure there are places that would show it is warming, just as there are places where no such evidence could be found. North Carolina has just finished the second dryest year on record. Texas had more rain this year than anyone can remember. All in all, I think it balances out. Changing our light bulbs isn't going to fix it...even if you believe it needs fixing at all.
BTW...Hope you had a very merry Christmas!
Steve

LWW
12-27-2007, 06:21 AM
I here this is quite popular in San Francisco. If you don't already have some you might want to try it. It's Howling Moonbat Approved by Saint Albert of Green Acres.

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/GlobalWarming_Jelly.gif

LWW

moblsv
12-27-2007, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>Why, it was only about 30 years ago the New York Times and Time Magazine were warning us of the pending ice age! <font color="blue"> because they heard about aerosols causing cooling, they actually do cause cooling, it was a magazine article, not a scientific study or peer reviewed sets of documentation, as it is now </font color> Back in the 40's, we were told that scientists had discovered that the polar caps were melting! Our climate is ALWAYS changing! <font color="blue"> yes, it is, but that has nothing to do with this issue </font color>
Some of us don't buy into the gloom and doom that everything west of the Rockies and east of the Applachains are going to be under water in a few years. <font color="blue"> That's because nobody is claiming that. You are exaggerating </font color>
Our government is on top of it, though. Just last week, I heard they are going to outlaw the incandescent light bulb over the next few years. They prefer we all use those twisted little bulbs with lead inside of them. Much better for the environment! <font color="blue"> Mercury, actually. Then dispose of them properly. Better yet, use LED's </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The new energy bill requiring auto manufacturers to raise the average MPG of their products should put an end to the Mustang and Corvette since muscle cars just bring down their average! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <font color="blue"> Those are relatively small percentage 'niche' market cars. If they get such poor mileage then so be it. Raise the standard a small amount on a high volume car and it will quickly make up the difference for the low volume car. If people were really worried about terrorism, and the role of oil in foreign policy, they wouldn't drive them anyway. Why do you support terrorism? :-) </font color>
I love this country, but I don't have a lot of affection for the idiots running it! <font color="blue">I can agree with that</font color>
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

moblsv
12-27-2007, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Gayle,
The world is a big place. I'm sure there are places that would show it is warming, just as there are places where no such evidence could be found. <font color="blue"> not really true </font color> North Carolina has just finished the second dryest year on record. Texas had more rain this year than anyone can remember. <font color="blue"> which fits right in with the Climate predictions. More moisture in the air, dryer earth, heavier, less frequent, rains</font color> All in all, I think it balances out. <font color="blue"> No, it doesn't </font color> Changing our light bulbs isn't going to fix it...even if you believe it needs fixing at all. <font color="blue"> Fixing requires a lot of changes, first of which is to quit denying it and face up to it. Every little change helps when multiplied by a billion people </font color>
BTW...Hope you had a very merry Christmas!
<font color="blue"> Merry Christmas to you! </font color>

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
12-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Steve,
Those Phenomena which you mention, are actually included in the concerns and indicative of the increasing danger. And, changing light bulbs isn't going to fix it, but that, along with many other changes we should be making, may save the planet, if we're lucky, and if we face the issue head on, rather than listening to scientific studies which are paid for by the oil, automobile, and coal industries.

One would think that all Americans would atleast be concerned when they observe that a president, with ties to the oil industry, and whose entire cabinet has been part of the oil industry in their pasts, and even lobbyists for big oil, not only subsidizes big oil, at a time when they are enjoying record breaking profits, but at the same time has censored studies which are not oil friendly, and which the American people, all of us, have paid for, from NASA scientist's official reports.

Is this what we call open government? Do these actions ring any bells for you, when there are so many respected scientists across the globe who are expressing alarm and concern? One would think that at the very least, we should all be open minded, and demanding an end to censoring our own scientific reports, given the credentials of those who are presently warning us, and the credentials of those who are presently trying to censor the studies.

Gayle in Md.
Best wishes to you and yours in the coming New Year.

LWW
12-27-2007, 08:29 AM
If the cable ever goes out we have the Goremons for entertainment.

Hey, Gayle ... what kinds of changes should Saint Albert of Green Acres make? Is it still OK to use 20X the national average? Is it still OK to fly in private jets? Take a limo to cross the street? Profit from being an oil baron on the board of Occidental? Profit from a family tobacco plantation? Run a toxic waste dump on Gore family land?

I'm awaiting your scorn over these sinners?

Yopu may choose to use your brain and think through a reply, or you can run back under thwe couch with wolfie and houndo.

LWW

pooltchr
12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Steve,
Those Phenomena which you mention, are actually included in the concerns and indicative of the increasing danger. <hr /></blockquote>

Now this is a perfect example of selectively providing information to support a theory. I told you we just experienced the second dryest year on record, and you say that supports the global warming theory. Texas just had a very wet year, and that supports the global warming theory. What I didn't mention was that in 2006, North Carolina had one of the wettest years on record. All of that can't support the same theory.
As I said before, our weather goes in cycles, as does the climate.
This year was a very dry year. The last time we had this little rainfall was over 80 years ago. In between, we had wet and dry years. One year of extreme in either direction does not support a climate changing trend. It just shows that our weather does indeed change a lot. I have seen winters where we got absolutely zero snow, and I have shoveled nearly 2 feet of the stuff in other years. I fail to see a trend...just a lot of variety. I'm not convinced that the sky is falling just yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

moblsv
12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
You are talking weather, not climate. Data from individual locations for a year or two is not enough data to draw any meaningful conclusions.

LWW
12-28-2007, 04:35 AM
How about over a million years.

Oh, I forgot, that's not acceptable either because it blows AGW out of the water as a "HYPOTHESIS".

BTW, a common moonbat tactic is to use the word "THEORY" in relation to AGW.

It is not a "THEORY" because that would mean it passes the scientific method ... you know, the experiments that actual scientists do to prove things true or false ... and at this it has failed miserably. Smart people know why it fails. It's a lie.

LWW

LWW
12-28-2007, 04:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> You are talking weather, not climate. <hr /></blockquote>
And, that in itself is a neolib misdirection.

CLIMATE is WEATHER, it is merely a measurement of WEATHER over TIME.

When one then removes all contradictory data and cherry picks the anomalies which support them they are no longer measuring weather or climate. They are measuring the lie.

LWW