PDA

View Full Version : Pats: 16-0 CONGRATS!

Sid_Vicious
12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
What a game tonight, and I've never watched a total new England game all year still the Patriots deserve the three taps...sid

sack316
12-29-2007, 11:30 PM
yeah, I was very unhappy I had to work tonight. But I recall earlier this year watching a game thinking to myself "they can't live up to all this hype", and then was quickly proven wrong. Easily the best all around team I've watched in my life.

Kudos to the G-men though, for putting all the players out there and trying to win a big game rather than sitting out the banged up guys for the playoffs.

Sack

pooltchr
12-30-2007, 07:56 AM
I thought the Giants were going to put an end to the perfect season...until that one series in the 3rd quarter. I was happy to see Brady and Moss get their individual records. Now they have to survive the play-offs. They have had a few very close calls in the regular season.
Steve

sack316
12-30-2007, 08:14 AM
I also was happy to see Brady and Moss achieve such awesome records... but what I hope is not lost in history is the fact that the record Moss broke-- Jerry Rice's 22 revieving TD's in a single season-- was done in only 12 games of a strike shortened season. We all know how phenominal Moss' career rejuvenating season has been... which just puts into perspective how rediculous the clip Rice was on when Montana was tossing him balls in '87!

Also, I hope the pats go on to win the super bowl... it's not that I DON'T like the Dolphins, I'm just sick of hearing all those guys go on and on like they are the only truly great team in history. It'll be nice in future seasons to see a different group of guys on camera interviewed every time a team starts off 8-0 or so.

Sack

wolfdancer
12-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I wish the Pats still had Adam Vinatieri though...one heck of a clutch kicker....
BUT, don't understand your knock on Jerry Rice, or Joe Montana????
I'm also not sure if Steve Young and Jerry Rice, weren't an even better combo then Jerry & Joe.
Having lived in the Bay Area during that period...all i can add is they were all special athletes....and "records are made to be broken"

Sid_Vicious
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Wacthing Montana was the best! What a player to see under the gun, the guy was, and I expect will always be, above all of the rest in this sport for QBing. He could scramble outta some impossible spots and he read the defense and his recievers better than I've seen yet...sid

wolfdancer
12-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Joe has to rate up there on any top 10 QB list. Two minutes left in the game, and the team needs a touchdown to win...I'd want Joe Cool as QB
Here's a great collection of Montana articles:
web page (http://www.sfgate.com/sports/49ers/pages/1997/montana.shtml)

pooltchr
12-30-2007, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Joe has to rate up there on any top 10 QB list. Two minutes left in the game, and the team needs a touchdown to win...I'd want Joe Cool as QB
Here's a great collection of Montana articles:
web page (http://www.sfgate.com/sports/49ers/pages/1997/montana.shtml) <hr /></blockquote>

While I agree that Joe would probably get the job done in 120 seconds, us old guys remember another guy who would have to be considered a master of the two minute drill...Fran Tarkenton.
Steve

sack316
12-30-2007, 10:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
BUT, don't understand your knock on Jerry Rice, or Joe Montana????
<hr /></blockquote>

yeah, guess you did misunderstand. I wasn't knocking Montana or Rice... in fact it was the opposite. I was stating how incredible the numbers were that season, to set such a record at the time in a strike shortened season. My hope was that Moss' setting of the new record will NOT make the memory of such an awesome season fade away.

I also wish Vinatieri was there for it as well, but somehow I think he's content over there in Indy.

Sack

dg-in-centralpa
12-31-2007, 06:50 AM
Fran Terkenton is like Dan Marino- two of the best that never won a Super Bowl.

DG