PDA

View Full Version : The flame wars

hondo
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
We have all been involved in the flame wars with LWW
and company. Me worse of all.
It's been a lot of fun, but it's getting so old.
I've tried to make a little peace with him. It doesn't look like that's what he wants but there's still time.
I've seen him post for the last couple of years and he can respond to civility, at least for a while.
I propose that we all back off of him.
He may continue to flame for a while but if he realizes that we've all tired of it and would just like to have
sincere discussions, I suspect that he will stop with the flames also.
As I said, it was fun for a while seeing who could get under who's skin, but I'm just too old for this childishness.
My problem is a hot temper. Somebody disses me and I'm ready to kick their ass. But this has grown so tiresome.
If you're enjoying all this, keep it up, but if you feel like I do, give it a rest and see what he does.
Several of you have PMd me wanting him banned but this
is a better solution ,I think.

LWW
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Now, see ...

... making peace isn't so hard is it?

All the conservatives here have ever wanted is open sensible discussion.

If that is the result of all of this then peace will reign and my job will be done.

Those who resist the peace movement will suffer whatever fate befalls them.

BTW, of those of you who have ganged together to try and ban me ... there was a spy amongst you.

I reveal this because they did not ask that it be kept secret, and I feel it needs to be told.

LWW

S0Noma
01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>
I've seen him post for the last couple of years and he can respond to civility, at least for a while.

<font color="blue">Count me out. </font color>

He may continue to flame for a while but if he realizes that we've all tired of it and would just like to have
sincere discussions,

<font color="blue">Your working premise is flawed. He is incapable of participating in a 'sincere' discussion. When his argument disintegrates he waffles, and wiggles and then lies. This is not indicative of the actions of a worthy opponent. He has a huge, ego and no integrity. Perhaps you find listening to his propaganda laced rants tolerable?

I don't - I find him despicable and I will neither lay down for nor tolerate his bull$hit. </font color>

My problem is a hot temper. Somebody disses me and I'm ready to kick their ass.

<font color="blue">A thicker skin and a keener sense of humor would probably help loads. He knows how to push people's buttons - it's how he's managed whatever success bullies manage. Any time he gets close to getting under my skin I simply picture him for who he really is - a powerless, windbag with no walk to back his endless talk. </font color>

<font color="blue">Trolling, hijacking threads, intentionally posting to disrupt? No forum needs that kind of poster. He needn't be banned to stop acting like a two year old throwing a tantrum. OTOH? When push comes to shove he can't argue worth a damn. I could be wrong but I think the tantrum thing is really all he's got. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

LWW
01-03-2008, 12:47 PM
As I have counseled you grasshopper, learn from hondo.

LWW

S0Noma
01-03-2008, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> As I have counseled you grasshopper, learn from hondo.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Put it where the sun don't shine, a$$hat.

LWW
01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> As I have counseled you grasshopper, learn from hondo.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Put it where the sun don't shine, a$$hat. <hr /></blockquote>
Ahhhh...

...more kind words from those who preach tolerance but practice a perversion of American ideals.

You sir are a hatemonger ... and a moonbat, but you knew that.

LWW

S0Noma
01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>
You sir are a hatemonger ... and a blah, blah, blah...
LWW <hr /></blockquote>

..............http://i19.tinypic.com/8al8u9g.jpg

LWW
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeppers.

Hatemonger.

I tried to help you.

I even found you a role model.

You refused.

Why?

We all know why ... you are a moonbat.

I forgive you brother.

LWW

Drop1
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
You practice a perversion of your professed Christian Faith,by having no morals. I'm talking about the movie you posted chicken sucker. The one for the grand kids. I guess that all goes over your self loving head. No peace with me pal.
Quote LWW,"What are we?"

hondo
01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, I tried, Dub. It appears the level of contempt that almost everyone has for you is even stronger than I thought!!!
We can still call a truce. I grow weary of all this.
We'll see by tomorrow morning.
I'll probably only post on here once more today so it must be obvious that I'm living up to my part of the bargain.
Forget that 48 hours to teach me a lesson talk.
We'll find out what you're all about by tomorrow morning.
You're either what you claim to be on AZB or you're not.
I would hope that you're as tired of this as me.

Drop1
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Hondo,you are a good man.

hondo
01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks, Harry, I really appreciate that.

LWW
01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Hondo,you are a good man. <hr /></blockquote>
I think you may be right.

You, OTOH, insist on being a moonbat.

LWW

LWW
01-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Hypocrisy, thy name is moonbat.

There has been far worse done here and you egged it on, now you use weasel words to imply I have taken things to a new low. Actually, I have raised the bar considerably. That's why you are ticked off.

That, and you are a moonbat.

LWW

LWW
01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Well, I tried, Dub. It appears the level of contempt that almost everyone has for you is even stronger than I thought!!!<hr /></blockquote>
And here's something you know to be true whether you fess up or not.

I've been treated this way, and worse, since I first came here.

The mistake was that people thought it could be done with impunity.

All victory comes at a cost. Those who gloated over small wins early have paid a heavy price.

They did not choose wisely.

LWW

S0Noma
01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>
All victory comes at a cost. <font color="blue">(translation: I got my butt whipped several times and wouldn't admit it. Now, even though it's a blatant lie and exposes me for a disingenuous fool, I am about to falsely declare myself the victor, yet one more time. </font color>

Those who gloated over small wins early have paid a heavy price.<font color="blue">Translation: I've been acting like an out of control, two year old on crack for the past couple of weeks and now you're going to give into my childish demands, right? Because you can't take my childishness tantrums any longer, right? - WRONG a$$hole. </font color>

They did not choose wisely.

<font color="blue">The only thing I've ever seen you choose is to duck and run for cover when you lose an argument. Or lie and claim 'it wasn't what we thought' or some other bucket of bilge water.

When the time comes for you to 'grow a set' and admit that you've lost an argument when in fact you have? That's when peace will be at hand and not before. Lying and fleeing to AZB for phony 'moral support' and then returning and lying some more about how you 'actually won' ain't gonna cut it. </font color>

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Umm hmmm

http://i19.tinypic.com/8al8u9g.jpg <font color="blue"> </font color>

LWW
01-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Has your doctor ever considered thorazine for you?

LWW

Deeman3
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Whatever the cause, this has now turned into the most childish display of bickering I have ever seen. Could I recommend a new forum section for adults that left all this baggage stuff back in high school? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

hondo
01-03-2008, 05:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Whatever the cause, this has now turned into the most childish display of bickering I have ever seen. Could I recommend a new forum section for adults that left all this baggage stuff back in high school? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm ready, Dee. I am so weary of this.
It's reached new heights of childishness.
Enough is enough! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Vapros
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Deeman, that's a nice thought, but I don't think it would work. All these same people would soon show up there. I will bet you my lunch money that they all consider themselves eligible to post on an adult forum. Each one believes that you are talking about the others. I agree, however, that this is a mighty weird place right now.

wolfdancer
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I agree, while recognizing that I have contributed to it.

LWW
01-03-2008, 05:42 PM
All that needs to happen is for people to stop attacking people.

LWW

Vapros
01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
No, that's the second step. The first step is for the 'victims' to quit hitting back. Then the attacks will soon die out, when the fun is gone.

LWW
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry, I don't play victim well.

The brownshirts decided to pick on the wrong guy this time.

I'll freely admit, I've never acted like an arse hat like this in public in my life.

I've also never been greeted by the boorish ignorance shown in the attacks from when I first arrived.

I tried turning the other cheek.

It doesn't work with fascists.

The only thing they understand is a beat down.

It ends when they want it to end.

Hondo it seems has been smart enough to realize the folly of continuing this.

Several others are set on remaining a bunch of hate mongers, and they are mad that they can no longer do it with impunity.

Myself, I hope they learn from the fragile truth and we can actually discuss things.

That, after all, is the purpose of the board.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I'll freely admit, I've never acted like an arse hat like this in public in my life.
You are doing a superlative job of that by the way....but I'm not sure it's acting.
How about the two prior years trolling over on AZB...that doesn't count?

wolfdancer
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Since you want to play the role of peacemaker....consider this my last reply to your posts....I've tried that before,but this time I won't even bring up your name....and we'll see if that helps...

Vapros
01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Cross your heart?

LWW
01-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm counting on you to keep your word brother.

BTW, I don't care if you reply or agree. Just don't be an arsehat moonbat.

LWW

LWW
09-18-2011, 07:24 AM
I wanted to resurrect this thread, back from the days before hondo was corrupted entirely by the forces of leftism.

He and I both attempted to reach out and bring peace to this forum.

Sadly the leftists hate mongers would have none of it.

Stretch
09-18-2011, 11:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S0Noma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote hondo:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

Count me out.

sincere discussions,

Your working premise is flawed. He is incapable of participating in a 'sincere' discussion. When his argument disintegrates he waffles, and wiggles and then lies. This is not indicative of the actions of a worthy opponent. He has a huge, ego and no integrity. Perhaps you find listening to his propaganda laced rants tolerable?

I don't - I find him despicable and I will neither lay down for nor tolerate his bull$hit.

My problem is a hot temper. Somebody disses me and I'm ready to kick their ass.

A thicker skin and a keener sense of humor would probably help loads. He knows how to push people's buttons - it's how he's managed whatever success bullies manage. Any time he gets close to getting under my skin I simply picture him for who he really is - a powerless, windbag with no walk to back his endless talk.

Trolling, hijacking threads, intentionally posting to disrupt? No forum needs that kind of poster. He needn't be banned to stop acting like a two year old throwing a tantrum. OTOH? When push comes to shove he can't argue worth a damn. I could be wrong but I think the tantrum thing is really all he's got. &lt;hr /&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; </div></div>

I couldn't agree more. I don't know you but i like you already. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

hondo
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanted to resurrect this thread, back from the days before hondo was corrupted entirely by the forces of leftism.

He and I both attempted to reach out and bring peace to this forum.

Sadly the leftists hate mongers would have none of it. </div></div>

Back then I never dreamed you would dig up old newspaper articles searching for ways to personally attack those who disagree with you and then threatening to post more intimate details of their lives if they didn't "behave."

You have proven yourself to be the lowest of the low.

Keep posting pictures of me on a cross and naked women with their head up their ass. We all know what you are.

Sonoma pretty well summed you up.

Soflasnapper
09-18-2011, 07:32 PM
I am surprised to find this thing goes back to '08 and evidently beyond.

I'm also surprised to find what I thought was the recent tagline of the Obama/(probably fake) G quote/crazy woman appearing on older posts.

Are the older threads subject to editing to add such a graphic, or was that a graphic used back in '08? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

LWW
09-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Every quote I attribute to her, and the other cabal members, is accurate.

Soflasnapper
09-20-2011, 02:34 PM
I doubt that, since alleged and apparent 'quotes' from me have appeared with your words in them, words I never said.

Gayle in MD
09-20-2011, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt that, since alleged and apparent 'quotes' from me have appeared with your words in them, words I never said.

</div></div>

As I have stated, LWW is a proven LIAR.

Everyone here knows that, and knows as well that those who approve of his lies, and defend his disgusting behavior, are every bit as repulsive as he is, as one can easily see by the relentless filth which they all display on this forum.

They have no honor, and are all Without Conscience! .

G.

LWW
09-20-2011, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt that, since alleged and apparent 'quotes' from me have appeared with your words in them, words I never said.

</div></div>

There are humorous ones where I state clearly that they are a translation ... other than that, you are blowing smoke and you know it.

Gayle in MD
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll freely admit, I've never acted like an arse hat like this in public in my life.

LWW </div></div>

The only true statement ever written on this forum by LWW.