PDA

View Full Version : Just How Great is Efren Bata Reyes?

AnitoKid
01-03-2008, 03:01 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/anitokid/efren_caesar.gif

Just how great is Efren Bata Reyes, aka The Magician?

A video for all pool players and fans!

Much thanks for looking! Link is here, friends! (http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2008/01/filipino-pool-player-efren-bata-reyes.html)

bataisbest
01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
THE GREATEST EVER- As a player and a person. No one else compares. I'm grateful for all he's done for the game. Here in the States ,I hear people say Sigel is the greatest. But people all over the world will tell you, Bata is the greatest. I agree with the latter. "Muchas gracias", "thank you", and "Salamat po" to BATA REYES!

Cornerman
01-03-2008, 07:33 PM
He never beat me.

bataisbest
01-03-2008, 09:51 PM
LOL.Me neither. I would bet he would beat both of us playing left handed though. Just playing him would be an honor, I think.

av84fun
01-04-2008, 01:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> He never beat me.

<hr /></blockquote>

Right! And I'm gonna give him the 5 ball next week at the DCC..................and then ask him to sign it!

But seriously, with GREAT respect for Bata's enormous talent, I think Willie was the greatest for the longest. Certainly, he was far more dominant than Reyes has been..and in an era where some pool exhibitions he was in drew more fans than the major league football teams.

Gotta vote for Willie.

Regards,
Jim

reggie182
01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
The greatest ever? I think it depends upon the game.

When it comes to nine ball I think it is borderline inarguable that Efren is the most awesome player to ever compete.

When it comes to straight pool, Willie Mosconi is tops.

Gosh I'd like to see those two guys compete against each other in their prime. It would be like watching Muhammed Ali vs. Jack Johnson.

bataisbest
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I think people are talking ALL AROUND- all games taken into consideration Balkline, 3- cushion,one pocket, straight pool, etc. In this regard , I would say he's the greatest ever because he plays all games well. Among the best 9 - ball players, he could beat them at 3- cushion and one pocket also. He is a multi- dimensional player. This is what gives him the edge in my opinion.