PDA

View Full Version : Essential Liberty

Drop1
01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" :Benjamin Franklin.

LWW
01-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Excellent post.

So, you now agree that the massive multi headed hydra that moonbat politicians have built up in DC should be torn down and rebuilt into something far leaner that teaches it's citizens INdependence instead of DEpendence?

LWW

llotter
01-04-2008, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Excellent post.

So, you now agree that the massive multi headed hydra that moonbat politicians have built up in DC should be torn down and rebuilt into something far leaner that teaches it's citizens INdependence instead of DEpendence?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, It was a great post and truer words were never spoken but its funny to see people from the Left quoting it. The so-called 'safety net' is making slaves of us all who are forced to support all sorts of dependents who are total strangers and even if we did know them, chances are that we would never support them of our own volition. I, personally, am forced to pay thousands while people in my own family need help. I guess the theory the liberals are working on is that people should never get help from their own family when they are ‘entitled’ to the resources of strangers…never depend on voluntary charity when police power is available…never depend on the uncertainty of freedom when certainty of force is so easy.

LWW
01-04-2008, 08:00 AM
AMEN!

PREACH ON LLOTTER, PEACH ON!

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
How very prophetic that statement was. Amazing how constant fear mongering can confuse citizens to the point that they will embrace all sorts of inhumane activities, and place trust in people who lie and decieve at every turn. Authoritarian leaders, require authoritarian followers, in order to achieve their devastating results.

Gayle in Md.

LWW
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> How very prophetic that statement was. Amazing how constant fear mongering can confuse citizens to the point that they will embrace all sorts of inhumane activities, and place trust in people who lie and decieve at every turn. Authoritarian leaders, require authoritarian followers, in order to achieve their devastating results.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>
Yes. I'm amazed that the left isn't calling for the impeachment of Pelosi, Kerry, Kennedy, Rockefeller, Harman, Clinton and others after it was revealed that they not only condoned waterboarding but wanted harsher measures used.

LWW

heater451
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" :Benjamin Franklin. <hr /></blockquote>I might be incorrect, but I thought the phrase began, "THOSE WHO WOULD give up essential liberty. . . ."

The change of phrase doesn't invalidate the major idea, I think, but it does make it more specific to what it is referring. Anyone can "give up essential liberty", but the invective was to a certain group of people.

Also, while Benjamin Frankline was a Republican, and certainly used his governmental connections to aid his printing business, IMO, he came off as more understanding that liberty was for ALL.

=============================

LWW
01-05-2008, 05:15 AM
Ben Franklin was dead for 70+ years before the Republican party was founded, and would have IMHO been jailed by Abraham the Terrible during the War of Northern Aggression had he been alive.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, he came off as more understanding that liberty was for ALL.

<hr /></blockquote>

And Justice! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

heater451
01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Ben Franklin was dead for 70+ years before the Republican party was founded, and would have IMHO been jailed by Abraham the Terrible during the War of Northern Aggression had he been alive.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>Sorry, I think he was a Whig--but the Whigs became the Republicans.

=========================