PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on NBC: U.S. Moving Toward “Soft Fascis

nAz
01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
wonder why he doesn't get enough face time on popular news channels...

http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1394 =VIDEO

Nick Langewis and David Edwards
Raw Story
December 23, 2007

“It reminds me of what Sinclair Lewis once said, he says: ‘When fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross.’”

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) argues to Meet the Press’ Tim Russert that in the statement above, he is not calling presidential contender and Republican competitor Mike Huckabee a fascist, but what could be the image of a cross planted in a recently released Huckabee campaign ad brought the quote to his mind.

Paul does, however, believe that the United States has adopted fascist leanings. Changes in the country’s tone, says the Congressman, such as the PATRIOT Act, questioning dissenters’ patriotism during the war, and civil liberties abuses indicate corporatism, or “soft fascism,” namely a stronghold by the military-industrial complex on society.

“So,” Russert follows up, “you think we’re close to fascism?”

Mentioning a documentary entitled “Freedom to Fascism,” Paul responds, “We’re not moving toward Hitler-type fascism, but we’re moving toward a softer fascism: Loss of civil liberties, corporations running the show, big government in bed with big business. So you have the military-industrial complex, you have the medical-industrial complex, you have the financial industry, you have the communications industry. They go to Washington and spend hundreds of millions of dollars.”

“That’s where the control is,” says the Congressman. “I call that a soft form of fascism — something that’s very dangerous.”

llotter
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I am a big Ron Paul fan. Even though I disagree with him on the war, I think our most urgent threat is our out of control government and he is the only candidate, of either party, addressing it. The Left here is eager to blame the right wingers for the soft fascism he discribes but it is the inevitable result of the big government that they so eagerly support.

hondo
01-05-2008, 10:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> The Left here is eager to blame the right wingers for the soft fascism he discribes but it is the inevitable result of the big government that they so eagerly support. <hr /></blockquote>
Paul does, however, believe that the United States has adopted fascist leanings. Changes in the country’s tone, says the Congressman, such as the PATRIOT Act, questioning dissenters’ patriotism during the war, and civil liberties abuses indicate corporatism, or “soft fascism,” namely a stronghold by the military-industrial complex on society.

Sounds like Ron Paul blames the right wingers, too. Right?

LWW
01-06-2008, 04:57 AM
AMEN bro.

I've said since the beginning that if Bush had this following his name on the ballot ---&gt; (D) he would be hailed as the greatest POTUS since Jefferson.

Other than on taxes he is a near perfect cookie cutter democratic liberal.

LWW

llotter
01-06-2008, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Paul does, however, believe that the United States has adopted fascist leanings. Changes in the country’s tone, says the Congressman, such as the PATRIOT Act, questioning dissenters’ patriotism during the war, and civil liberties abuses indicate corporatism, or “soft fascism,” namely a stronghold by the military-industrial complex on society.

Sounds like Ron Paul blames the right wingers, too. Right?
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, Paul does blame the Republicans that are following the same nanny state solutions as their Democrat teachers. Paul recognized that government is the only real enemy of individual liberty and that every intrusion that is not in the Constitution is a danger to us all. He calls the war unconstitutional because it was not declared by congress as have none of your 'wars' since WWII. I am not sure where he would stand on the Patriot Act if this were a declared war by congress but it is certainly true that citizens must always be wary of goverments power grabs. Ron Paul also want to disentangle the federal gov. from all unconstitutional activity, like Social Securtiy, medicare, FEMA, and a big list of activities that are illegal. If we could get rid of all these counter-productive activities, maybe we could get taxes down to the 6% range on everyones income with no deductions whatsoever. Plus, getting the gov. down to its constitutional size woudl make much easier for the elected officials and bureaucrats to do an effective job.

wolfdancer
01-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Hondo, when will you get it through your head that
the left, and only the left is responsible for every evil....?
Read your Bible, read lww, read Larry.....
get with the "new Amerika"

hondo
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Hondo, when will you get it through your head that
get with the "new Amerika" <hr /></blockquote>

Ze solution is simple, mon comidante. Exterminate
ze liberals.

llotter
01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Hondo, when will you get it through your head that

Gosh, if it isn't the King of Sarcasm himself that honors us with another helpful contribution.

LWW
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Wolfie almost never has a point, so he will build a strawman of me and have it say what he wishes I would say so he can then win the debate against his own creation under his own rules. So far wolfie's record is not quite .500 against the strawman.

LWW

LWW
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Who said that?

LWW

wolfdancer
01-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Glad you approve...but don't you "Pontificate" a bit with your posts...and constantly warn the sanctimonious right about the evil left?

wolfdancer
01-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Strawman...wow, let me write that down, so that I can remember that, and use it when I want to really insult someone.
AND, no one would expect me to bat over .500 against Mr. I.Q., with all his honorary Doctorates in Philosophy, Political Theory, and Religion.....
Just occasionally exposing you as the pompous a** that you are, iz good enough for me

wolfdancer
01-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Hondo, you are kidding, but that's the path the extremists are walking on, unknowingly, or not.
It wasn't an overnight thing that turned the German people against the Jews.
First you find a group to blame all the problems on, insist they are immoral, and focus hatred upon them....
I thought the Islamic terrorists were the main threat...but
it seems it's the liberals...

LWW
01-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Your sheet is showing.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Hilarious, isn't he. Republicans have consistantly supported this administration while they launched this illegal, immoral war, removed habeas corpus, broke international agreements, spent like drunken sailors, borrowed us into a trillion dollars debt to a communist country, and all the while held shares in the very corporation that has made the greatest fortune off this undeclared, illegal war, and the sheep, are avoiding reality, as usual, just call the fascist Republicans that have been doing all this, Democrats!

We have a bunch of cheapos in this country who only care about their measly tax cuts. They are too stupid to grasp anything beyond that.

When all the results of this REPUBLICAN mess come home to roost, I guarantee ya, they won't be whining about sexual preferences, abortion, Christmas card sentiments and prayer in schools,... they'll definitely have more pressing results from Republican policies to jaw over then, that's for sure. It'll be too late, then.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Hondo, when will you get it through your head that

Gosh, if it isn't the King of Sarcasm himself that honors us with another helpful contribution. <hr /></blockquote>

In the current spirit of tolerance on this board, why not take the high road, Larry?
I notice you fire back at my buddy every time he makes a comment and there's an edge to all of your retorts.
Set an example for the rest of us, Larry. Old habits die hard, huh?

hondo
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Who said that?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

I said it.

hondo
01-06-2008, 09:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Hondo, you are kidding, but that's the path the extremists are walking on, unknowingly, or not.
It wasn't an overnight thing that turned the German people against the Jews.
First you find a group to blame all the problems on, insist they are immoral, and focus hatred upon them....
I thought the Islamic terrorists were the main threat...but
it seems it's the liberals... <hr /></blockquote>

I honestly believe we are one more catastrophe, blamed on Islamofascists, away from creating an environment in America where a Hitler-like leader could step in, offer a "final solution", and the American people would buy into it.
I don't like what I'm seeing in America either, Wolfie, and it scares me.
On AZ recently you had several posters advocating that high school students be allowed to carry guns into school for their protection.
On both boards you have conservatives saying " define torture".
Because of the massive borrowing to finance the war, the economy is gong to be in dire straits in the future,and you're going to have desperate people resorting to desperate measures.
You still have that hard core 25% hanging onto their belief in Bush and we're one more incident away from things getting really crazy.

hondo
01-06-2008, 09:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Your sheet is showing.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

I don't understand. Explain how his post to me makes him out to be a racist.
If you can't I think you should apologize to him.
A little disappointed in that post, LWW.

Gayle in MD
01-06-2008, 10:58 PM
We should all be worried. This segment of our population is suffering from brainwashing. Just look at their methods, accusations of anti semitism, accusing those of us who are against the war, of hoping our country will fail, or trying to close up the whole NPR side of the board.

The mentality behind such statements, and actions, is completely unamerican. B*tch of it is, they learned it all straight from the White House, and the
Republican Party of the nineties. Look how they wen't after Clinton, and in the end, the biggest accusers were worse than Clinton.

Sometimes I wonder how much all the blogging has to do with it. I know one thing, I'm a lot more aware of how many people in this country are not stable, since spending more time reading blogs, and I'm a lot more aware of the dangerous effects from fundalmentalism.

Dean's book, "Without Conscience" matches the Bush Administration's tactics to those used by Hitler. Authoritarian leaders need authoritarian followers in order to do the damage they do.

There's a new book out, Naomi Klein, Disaster Capitalism, which is a true commentary to how Corporations are cleaning up by exploiting all sorts of disasters, from wars, to sunami, to Katrina,... it'll blow your mind.

They're building high priced condos in New Orleans, where poor people used to live. They're just taking over the land, and developing it.

These righties will soon be begging for a government big enough to oversee all the graff that's going on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

bamadog
01-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Do you notice how invariably pessimistic the posts by the Libs are here?
Is it any wonder, polls show that they (libs), self describe as unhappy in far greater frequency than conservatives?

LWW
01-07-2008, 05:24 AM
So it is your opinion that liberals be exterminated?

LWW

LWW
01-07-2008, 05:29 AM
It's not "THAT" post, but his posts in total show nothing but a contempt for all that disagree with him and a confessed desire to extinguish all dissent.

THAT is what the KKK was all about. Lynchings were just to teach people to STFU and follow the D party line in the south.

LWW

hondo
01-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Sometimes I wonder how much all the blogging has to do with it. I know one thing, I'm a lot more aware of how many people in this country are not stable, since spending more time reading blogs, and I'm a lot more aware of the dangerous effects from fundalmentalism

.................................................. .....
Me too. I'm constantly ranting to my wife, who used to be little miss Republican but is much more moderate now,
that she wouldn't believe the opinions of some of the folks I communicate with on forums.
You wonder how people can be so far apart in their thinking.! And where it's going to end?

hondo
01-07-2008, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Do you notice how invariably pessimistic the posts by the Libs are here?
Is it any wonder, polls show that they (libs), self describe as unhappy in far greater frequency than conservatives?
<hr /></blockquote>

Could it be because we've had to put up with all these years of W?
Every time I read about another kid being killeed in Iraq, I get depressed.
Obviously, you don't, buddy.

hondo
01-07-2008, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> So it is your opinion that liberals be exterminated?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

No, I was just trying to make Wolfie laugh.
He's considering leaving and the great majority of us would be very upset by that.

hondo
01-07-2008, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> It's not "THAT" post, but his posts in total show nothing but a contempt for all that disagree with him and a confessed desire to extinguish all dissent.

THAT is what the KKK was all about. Lynchings were just to teach people to STFU and follow the D party line in the south.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

The old Democratic party in the South is now the new Republican party in the South.
Watched a documentary on the KKK 2 nights ago.
In the Midwest, especially Indiana, they controlled the
Republican party in the 30s.
It's funny. when I think of KKK tactics I tend to think
Republican rather than Democrat . At least in the present day era.
Just goes to show how far apart you and I are on some issues, buddy. Think that will ever change? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
01-07-2008, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> It's not "THAT" post, but his posts in total show nothing but a contempt for all that disagree with him and a confessed desire to extinguish all dissent.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

The old Democratic party in the South is now the new Republican party in the South.
Watched a documentary on the KKK 2 nights ago.
In the Midwest, especially Indiana, they controlled the
Republican party in the 30s.
It's funny. when I think of KKK tactics I tend to think
Republican rather than Democrat . At least in the present day era.
Just goes to show how far apart you and I are on some issues, buddy. Think that will ever change? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They say that history tends to repeat itself.
They say that history tends to repeat itself.
Sorry for the double post.

Gayle in MD
01-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Hondo,
I think it started to pick up the dangerous elements during Nixon's administration, another president who thought he was above the law. Those who have sought to damage checks and balances, and remove accountability from the Executive, within this administration, came from Nixon's, Reagans, and Bush Sr.

Don't know if you caught my post on here, "Bravo A true Patriot" but can you ever recall so many statesmen, former federal judges, legal experts, and Constitutional authorities calling for impeachment?

Democracy is more than a franchise to vote, but must also mean empowerment, participation, people engaged in a free and pluralistic society, where there is room and space for many different points of view, and that's kind of democracy, which we were before Bush. It is missing in many parts of the world, where both jihad and global capitalism are present. Neither serve democracy, and the war between the two, actually undermine it.

bin Laden and the terrorist elements are, and should be separated out from anything else. They are nihilists, and making war on them is the only answer - Bush's efforts to lump all or any other nations with terrorists does not serve that purpose and invading Iraq, for oil, was an illegitimate cause, wrapped together with these terrorists who have their own agenda, quite separate from any other single nation.

The forces of jihad are driven by perochial hatreds. In bL's recent communications, he tells the Pakistanis to 'rise up against your government and defend Islam against Christianity.' We hear those same voices in this country from the religious fundalmentalists. Extremist fundalmentalism, highjacking Islam, just the same way extremist fundalmentalists here have tried to hijack Christianity for their own purposes.

bin Laden's highjacking of Islam and turning it into a deeply anti modern, deeply anti democratic, deeply anti feminist, anti women, is a minority view of using Islam to further nihilistic agendas.

Separating the radical elements is the challenge in dealing with any kind of fundalmentalism. The right wing attack on government, citizen dissent, and democracy, and straight from the White House, the laws of our land, should not be taken lightly. Fascism has already taken a hold in this country, and even Ron Paul's statements about it, are mild, compared to the reality. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
01-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Gayle I can remember back when you and I were the only ones calling for his Impeachment. We have read the Constitution and knew he was violating it every move he made.

I posted about my believing the administration failed to act on the info that Osama was planing to use airplanes to attack us. Thereby giving the President the right to suspend the Constitution at will.

How much thought went into taking control of our Govt after 911. Not much because Dick Cheney had it all planned out before they assumed Office. The Constitution limited the office of the president. Checks and Balances be dammed an we are left with nothing resembling a Democrazy.

I am hoping Democrazy in Iraq is better than ours.####

bamadog
01-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Of course, the "heartless Republican" smear again.
I post a fact and you post a smear.

I'm sure you can't sleep at night worrying about our all volunteer military in Iraq and Afghanistan doing a job they believe in.
But, you'll still be partying at the Derby.

LWW
01-07-2008, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>How much thought went into taking control of our Govt after 911. Not much because Dick Cheney had it all planned out before they assumed Office.<hr /></blockquote>
Are you claiming Bush and Cheney were in on 9/11?

It certainly seems that way.

LWW

hondo
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr>
But, you'll still be partying at the Derby. <hr /></blockquote>

Like it's 1999, brother, like it's 1999! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
LWW their behavior seemed to reflect that to me. The only thing they were interested when they took office was Iraq. It gave them they perfect scenerio to leed to our Invasion of Iraq. That is my opinion and I'll stick to it.

Herman Goering is alive and well in the US of A.####

Gayle in MD
01-07-2008, 01:55 PM
It's not just your opinion friend, it's a fact. There were intending to exploit any terrorist attacks for their purposes. Wolfowitz wrote about it. Rumsfeld was quoted as imediately speaking about how they could include Saddam in the 9/11 attack.

There is no question in the minds of 70% of the people in this country that Bush used 9/11 for his hidden agenda, and it was all about oil. The other 25% who believe Bush's lies, aren't worth bothering over.

A good reason why Democrats are raising three times as much money as Republicans, and have two and a half times as many people showing up for their caucuses.

the only good thing that we can expect from this Republican mess, is that we won't have another damned Republican in the White House, and there will be enough Democratic seats, soon, to have a true majority, enough to get something done, for a change.

How bout O'Reilly, sneaking around in the Democratic caucuses, and getting physical with some of the people there. What a total jerk!

I think a good example of how thick headed these radical right wing nuts from AZ really are, is that they're still posting to me! How long does it take them to wake up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Was that a yes or a no?

LWW