PDA

View Full Version : The OB-1 Cue Shaft Has Landed!

AnitoKid
01-06-2008, 02:57 AM
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/AnitoKid_2007/ob1-4.jpg

Got the OB-1 cue shaft from Royce Bunnell of Owen-Bunnell, Inc. The shaft was shipped direct from Owen-Bunnell Inc., Plano, Texas.

Paired it with my Predator 2 butt and will post my review on it in the next few days.

Much thanks for looking! Link is here, friends! (http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2008/01/ob-1-cue-shaft-from-owen-bunnell-inc.html)

sack316
01-06-2008, 06:33 AM
not sure if this will be an issue for you or not, but just in case:

A friend of mine got one, and he said he hated the way it hit. I couldn't understand why because it is the type of shaft that would be right up his alley. Well, eventually someone else hit a few balls with it and thought it felt funny too. After some investigation they realized the tip was not glued on properly. They re-did it and now he loves it to death!

Hope you enjoy it, and I guess if anything feels a little funny check the tip first! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack

p.s. I spoke with the company before when I was looking into it... seemed like some really nice folks and were a pleasure to chat with. My only regret is that I didn't get one when I had the funds to do so! So on second thought, I hope you hate it and will donate it to me and my predator... my 314 still hits great but as far as looks go, well it has seen better days /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AnitoKid
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up, my friend! The tip is okay! Will soon be finished with my initial thoughts on the OB-1 shaft.

All the best!

wolfdancer
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Sack, I bought one for my Predator, and it hit great...never got so much action from any other shaft, especially when using inside english.
It does play different though from a 314, and switching back and forth wasn't helping...so I lent it to a good player, since it also fit the inexpensive Joss cue I had given him. It raised his game up another notch. ( I need the 7 and the snaps now, from him)
A BCA Master player here, just bought himself a 314 shaft, and I've never seen him miss so many shots...seems like there is a learning curve, an adjustment period for these shafts.
I think he'll do fine with the OB-1 as soon as he adjusts to it. And you are right....nice people to do business with...

sack316
01-06-2008, 05:14 PM
yeah wolfie, you're right about a "learning curve" with the 314. When I first got it some years ago it took me a bit to adjust to it. Once I got comfortable with it I've loved it, but have since had troubles shooting with other shafts besides the 314 without taking some practice time with the others.

Sack