PDA

View Full Version : more "final thoughts"...

wolfdancer
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I watched some interesting tv the other day..Talks by
Jeffrey Toobin, who wrote "The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court"
Egil Krogh, "Face to Face With Watergate, Putting It All In Perspective 35 Years Later"
From Mr. Krogh's comments (also posted on his site):
"Loyalty to the president was primary. Loyalty to spiritual and moral principles, to the U.S. Constitution, and to the law, became secondary. ... I was primed to do whatever was necessary to help the president solve what was perceived as a national security crisis."
"The more I've thought about it, the clearer I've seen that even though there may well have been some damaging impacts on the national security from (Daniel) Ellsberg's releasing the Pentagon Papers, those impacts simply can't justify the invasion of Fielding's rights ...

"It violates a fundamental principle in our country: the right of an individual to be protected from an unlawful action by his government."

"Krogh's change of thinking came during a family trip to colonial Williamsburg, Va., where it struck him that he was enjoying the very rights and freedoms that the break-in had trampled."

I wonder if a certain A.G. forgot that he was sworn to uphold the Constitution, not just serve the President?
I'd rather read and hear Toobin and Krogh's views on those topics, then to have to read lww's "expert" analysis....
Problem is you can't bring up any topic, and just quote the author, without lww trying to tell you how it "really is"....
The "Nine" was also enlightening...just enough info about the Justices, to make the book a priority buy.

Eight of the 11 last threads begun by lww !!!! That's enough to turn anybody off....and the lead in "but I want to ensure as many people see it as I can...." WTF
(I'd say follow his flawed logic, instead of the money...the #1 war profiteer waits until 2006 to jump on the Bush's favored few, gravy train?) I think it was hypocritical of Soros to invest in HAL, but since they have free rein to make as much $$ as they want ...in Jan 02 the stock traded at $4.30, it closed the other day at $38.01....when you can sell Coke Cola for $45 a six pack, for our serviceman,you're bound to show a nice profit and stock price appreciation.

I'd rather get my news from the horse's mouth, instead of a horse's a**.
AND, the guy that began the "War" now claims he is the "peace keeper"....but each post along those lines he includes a sarcastic remark....and his version of "peace" is don't question any of his posts, or the other guy, who wants to blame the left for everything from the low SAT scores to the high oil prices.
You can't bring politics, or for that matter religion to a discussion, without having some opposing opinions...sorry lww, but not everybody buys into your philosophy, or your self aggrandizement.
If I stayed on the board, I'd want to "ensure as many people see through you....."
But you're not worth my time, so I hope that the admin will remove me...to keep me from replying to your bs.....

And Mr. Krogh's site "The integrity zone" has this on it:
"The Integrity Zone is based on the idea that every individual has an intrinsic integrity, an inner awareness of what is good, commonly called conscience. Living in the Integrity Zone begins with a clear understanding that this quality of integrity inheres in one’s true selfhood—and can be accessed by a desire to be in good conscience."
That expresses my own belief, as opposed to another poster's , that a person can be moral, and not be a fundamentalist Christian.
Wonder if Haliburton buys their Coke from Columbia where the damn unions are raising the production costs?

web page (http://www.counterpunch.org/coke0906.html)

Gayle in MD
01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
You'd enjoy Dean's book, "Worse Than Watergate" which leaves no doubt about the many impeachable offenses of this administration.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
01-07-2008, 05:21 AM
List them.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-07-2008, 12:07 PM
buy the book....

LWW
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
So...

...you have nothing yet hope nobody notices?

How's that been working out for you?

LWW