PDA

View Full Version : billiards and the LLWS

9baller
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM
hello everyone /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i,mm not a big sports fan at all,but over the last 7 or 8 years i have become a huge fan of the LLWS "little league world series" that air`s on tv in august.i love the true sportsmanship you see,like when a pitcher accidently hit`s a batter with the pitch,he goes to make sure the batter is ok and to say "i,mm sorry".
during the games,they talk alot about the dorms the players stay in,and what they have in the rec room.i never once heard them mention a pool table.i mean they may have one,but i never heard them mention it while talking about all the other stuff they have there in the rec room.

so my point is,i was thinking of actualy emailing either brunswick,olhuasen,diamond,or connely (only 4 table makers i know of)and making a sajustion that they sould donate a table or two to the rec room`s they use.i think it would be a win ,win situation for all involved.
for the table makers,i think it would be a great public relations move,and great advertising.
and also it would hopfully introduce more young people in to the great sport of billiards /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
i love pool,even though i,mm not great at it,because it does not matter how old or young you are (exceptions made for the very young) or your skill level.it is a great game that can be enjoyed by all and a great family time activity /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif so i think it would be great to get more young people involved in the game.i recently discovered that there actully are jr pool leagues (saw it on azbilliards website) but creating even more could not hurt.

so,assuming that they (LLWS players) do not have any tables in the rec rooms,do you agree that it would be good for any of the top table makers to donate one or two to them?

i think it would be good for everyone involved /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dr_dave
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Please delete all of your duplicate posts (under "Edit").

Dave

9baller
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
thank you.i didnt know how to.i dont know what the problem was,so i just PM`ed the moderater.
sorry bout that.

shoot,now i cant even open them to try and delete them /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SKennedy
01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Finally, maybe someone as computer illiterate as me?

I use to be involved in LL at the local level in this area. I think it would be a great idea. Of course, I think pool tables in all buildings are a great idea.

9baller
01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
yea. here is what i get when i click on the extras to try and delete them

We cannot proceed.

There was a problem looking up the post in our database.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.