PDA

View Full Version : Adios

Vapros
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I have been a member here for about 5 1/2 years, during which time I have averaged less than two posts per week, but I've done quite a lot of lurking. In a recent post I commented that this forum wasn't a very big part of my life. My next thought concerned whether or not it was worth following at all. So I decided to rule out a bunch of posters, of both persuasions, beginning with the wordiest and most repetitive, and to skip their stuff altogether. The list grew to about fourteen names and I suddenly realized that there was almost no one left - people I would consider clever and interesting to read. There were some, but not many.

Accordingly, I'm out of here. See, Hondo, you didn't need a stick after all. Now and then I will look in on this site, with an eye to becoming active again if it looks a lot better than it is now. And I'm aware that my departure won't be much loss, but that's okay. See you later. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
499 posts in a 5 yr period??? lww averages 499 posts a week.....I made a similar list up myself.....got it down to two names, yours and mine....and figured one of us had to go.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
you'll be missed....take care, enjoy life....this ranting, raving, and Peacock like "display of feathers" here, is of no importance in the grand scheme of things.......
"Y'All Come Back Now, Ya Hear?"

Drop1
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Don't fool yourself,you will be missed,and thats coming from number forty one on the list.

Drop1
01-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Does lww stand for low wage worker?

wolfdancer
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
now, now, Harry....that's your black heart speaking about our fearless leader wannabe....who has been kind enough to offer peace, if you give up your right to protest...you'll see... you'll come to "love big brother"

hondo
01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> I have been a member here for about 5 1/2 years, during which time I have averaged less than two posts per week, but I've done quite a lot of lurking. In a recent post I commented that this forum wasn't a very big part of my life. My next thought concerned whether or not it was worth following at all. So I decided to rule out a bunch of posters, of both persuasions, beginning with the wordiest and most repetitive, and to skip their stuff altogether. The list grew to about fourteen names and I suddenly realized that there was almost no one left - people I would consider clever and interesting to read. There were some, but not many.

Accordingly, I'm out of here. See, Hondo, you didn't need a stick after all. Now and then I will look in on this site, with an eye to becoming active again if it looks a lot better than it is now. And I'm aware that my departure won't be much loss, but that's okay. See you later. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe I didn't need the stick but it would have been so much fun. See you, Vapros.
Sorry we didn't live up to your expectations.

LWW
01-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Aren't you gone yet?

Not that I'm pushing you but the martyr schtick wore off after the 1st time you posted it.

LWW

LWW
01-09-2008, 05:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Does lww stand for low wage worker? <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> now, now, Harry....that's your black heart speaking about our fearless leader wannabe....who has been kind enough to offer peace, if you give up your right to protest...you'll see... you'll come to "love big brother" <hr /></blockquote>
Have either of you ever made a post that wasn't either an attack, a repeat of an attack, a lie, or crying like a baby?

Sorry boys.

The regime of trolls and hate has ended.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
we're just imitating the super-troll....that's you.
As to when I leave, Rocky....it'll be on my terms...not yours,
you're also butting into a private conversation, butt out ....

eg8r
01-09-2008, 02:54 PM
See you later. Hate to see you go but I never understood the desire of people to announce to the entire board that they are leaving. I see this place like a pool hall, when I leave I say good bye to those I am close with and the others figure it out when they don't see me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
01-09-2008, 04:03 PM
When you haven't posted in a while, we ask about you.
You may be an arsehole, but you're our favorite arsehole. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

S0Noma
01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> When you haven't posted in a while, we ask about you.
You may be an arsehole, but you're our favorite arsehole. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

A-hole or not - Eg8r has a lot to offer in this forum. I like reading what he has to say.

Vapros, on the other hand?

Not to speak ill of the departed but... look at it this way - if the majority of your posts are made from the sanctuary of the non-participating kibitzer - IE: constantly critiquing the forum without ever really contributing or participating? It leads me to wonder what it is in fact, that the forum is losing when you finally decide to stop posting?

My impression of Vapros is that of a man with a good sense of what he liked to see in a forum but a man lacking the gumption or the desire to do anything about it but b_itch. Not participating may help keep him safe from criticism his own self but it doesn't help improve the forum all that much.

This forum is here for the participants - the folks who sit on the sidelines and rarely if ever post aren't a big factor in whether the forum keeps going or not. I'm not so sure that we have an obligation to entertain the non-participants or to mold the content of the forum to meet their viewing needs.

Drop1
01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
SONoma your point is well taken. I don't want to see anyone leave,because diversity makes for a good forum. Can you imagine how boring it would be writing love notes to only people who agree with your point of view. I'm thinking of giving each person,who came over from AzB,a tire,and a rope for next Xmas.

LWW
01-10-2008, 05:07 AM
And, yet agai, either completely unable/unwilling to contribute you instead decide to pee in the pool.

Quite adult.

LWW

hondo
01-10-2008, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Can you imagine how boring it would be writing love notes to only people who agree with your point of view. <hr /></blockquote>

See AZBilliards NPF.

eg8r
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Which is exactly my point, what is this desire to tell people openly in a thread that you are leaving? Is it to hope that someone will beg you to stay?

eg8r

LWW
01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Ask wolfie?

I don't get it either.

LWW

hondo
01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Ask wolfie?

I don't get it either.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

He is under tremendous pressure from all his friends on here to stay.
Wouldn't be the same without him.

LWW
01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Well, I encourage everyone to play nice and join in ... but I took wolfie's as a desperate plea for validation.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I think the point is not to be bidding a tearful farewell, but
to give a reason behind why you are leaving.....maybe even hoping that others will take note and try to correct the situation.
It seems he is leaving because of the general rancor on this board. Can't say I blame him. I lay the blame for that beginnings on lww.
My leaving would be because I just can't stand his idiotic
postings, and demands for a reply....don't like him ruining every thread with his asinine comments, taunts, and insults. I want to puke when I read his bragging and self promoting.
But my real reason for leaving would be that since so few object to him, and his open desire to "rule" the board....I must be in the minority....and no sense fighting City Hall.
If I want to hear any biased news...I can tune into O'Reilly
If I want to be insulted, I can go to the corner bar and begin an argument over nothing.
And if I want to learn anything, I'll go to the local Community school....
in short....I don't need to read any of his crap on a daily basis....since I have a workable alternative.
He may have won over a few people here, but while he tries very hard to suck up to you....you seem to have him figured out.
My take on him is he thinks he is the news, also tries to impress people that he is both a genius and a hero....

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Wolfie don't want to play nice with the...........Che/Ali/Patton/Rocky/Rambo, persona,poster.
He don't need another hero
web page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IV9an1EE9M)
In fact, Wolfie don't buy into your self-image....
Wolfie also thinks you couldn't validate a parking lot ticket.....

Drop1
01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Wolf I don't come here to read the insensate lacuna spill his bile. I don't think he has won anyone to his torpid blathering,making as though he had a thought deeper than spit. I drop by each day,to look at what is being posted. None of us really need to center our lives around this forum,except LWW. I enjoy several people on the forum,and feel no rancor towards anyone,even Low Wage Worker,despite his propensity for spewing BS.

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 02:18 PM
I know that many others are bothered as I am, and few support him. While trying to be the champion of the right...since his posts are all so self-centered, people may agree with him in principle, but can't openly support his posts.
i still believe he was the last one picked for the dodge ball team...and the first one eliminated

LWW
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Neither of you can live in peace can you.

Quite astonishing.

LWW

eg8r
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that many others are bothered as I am, and few support him. While trying to be the champion of the right...since his posts are all so self-centered, people may agree with him in principle, but can't openly support his posts.
<hr /></blockquote> I think this happens quite a bit. I find things he says that I agree with, but because of the way he is here on the board, I for the most part choose not to post anything.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 03:10 PM
"peace" to you it seems, would be to tolerate your childish taunts and insults, and not challenge your political positions, .....like your "really important" Soros post, which you must have printed on swiss cheese, or your equally ignorant of the facts, Bill &amp; Hal, post.
This "peace" bs of yours is just an attempt to disguise the fact...that you are the #1 agitator/trouble-maker here, with the same history over in the (your words) "major league" AZB...
I'm wondering what happened there...did they demote you to the "minor league" CCB?
If you really want peace....just take a hike...
Sorry Rambo....I ain't buying...

SpiderMan
01-10-2008, 03:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> See you later. Hate to see you go but I never understood the desire of people to announce to the entire board that they are leaving. I see this place like a pool hall, when I leave I say good bye to those I am close with and the others figure it out when they don't see me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

In many cases, folks who announce they are leaving seem to crave being noticed, missed, and asked back. Usually it's an emotional and dramatic "I'M OUTTA HERE!" (so this may not apply to Vapros), followed by a quiet re-entry some time later. In my years here, I've even seen it become a repeating pattern.

Vapros, I'm not pointing this at you, but you might reconsider and hang around just so you won't be lumped in with the others "crying wolf" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 04:51 PM
It's kind of tough to quit posting here, after being on the board for so long...it has become addictive to read the posts of others, and equally challenging not to add one's own thoughts.
That's why I have now twice asked for the admin, to delete my name....don't have the resolve to follow my own decisions.
I use the board as an alternative to watching the streaming quotes carry off my small net worth.....
I'd like to post more on the pool side, but they have changed pool up there from a game, into rocket science...and
it's all over my head. This section hardly ever sees any humor lately...and the arguments get old...
BUT, I see your point....just quit posting if you can't take it anymore....and don't advertise the fact.
Well, there goes my "farewell tour"...exposed and now down the toilet....
Fortunately WM made me enough $$ today, to go buy a beer and cry into it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW
01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I post regularly in multiple forums as well as runa business play pool and work another partnership right now.

I'm sorry if you are amazed that 1 person can do so much.

You just don't get it do you wolfie.

The only reason I've stayed here is because of the hate this group generates it.

I remain civil every day and several of you expose yourself more and more.

If you want peace you will have peace.

You don't.

THAT is not MY fault.

LWW

hondo
01-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Wolfie, AZB political posts are pretty much dead.
This is where the action is.
Hate me or love me; it's probably my doing.

hondo
01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Kinda like me, Wolfie.
I started out on the old Playpool forum which eventually died out.
I used to post a lot on the regular AZ forum but so
many of those folks know each other personally and
live in high pool profile areas.
I don't have much to add living in North Central WV.
If it wasn't for DCC I wouldn't know squat.
So this is a better fit for me.

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
What I really want instead of peace, is to read less of your amazing accomplishments....Mensa IQ, high net worth, Reservist, volunteer, and now a veteran, business owner, partner, and I expect to be reading soon how crime is down 50% in your area since you started patrolling the streets at night.
What you need is your own blogsite, where you could enthrall all of your followers with your exploits.
How could I have been already amazed by something I had no knowledge of.
I'm more amazed by my cousin's accomplishments then yours. A Fireman, now retired, with commendations for heroism, including a parade in his honor, ran a successful business in his off times, and also raised 6 kids. While his business was profitable, he made his real money in R.E., thanks to his Wife.
He's also an ardent supporter of Bush and the war....and I'm really amazed that he still talks to me.
I'm amazed by the life of Sir Edmund Hillary, who just died today. I'm amazed by our soldiers, enduring multiple tours of duty in Iraq, and Afghanistan....just don't have the time to be amazed at your wondrous exploits.
Why don't you try selling your life story to others...I'm not the slightest bit interested ....but I'm sure many others are.

LWW
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> What I really want instead of peace, is to read less of your amazing accomplishments....Mensa IQ, high net worth, Reservist, volunteer, and now a veteran, business owner, partner<hr /></blockquote>
That's easy enough to achieve wolfie.

Quit making ridiculous accusations which lead to those topics.

If you accuse someone of being inferior to you then you shouldn't get your BVDs in a wad if someone calls you for it.

If they do call you and you end up with the pie in your face effect over it then it's only you who are to blame my friend.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't call people inferior...that's your m.o.
I hope that you realize, while you are reciting your acheivements....that there are other people here that are also smart and successful; maybe not as smart and successful as you, but it's all irrelevant...Ed is an engineer, as is Fred Agnir. I believe Q and madmac are as well, same goes for Bsmurtz. Dee has an engineering background but is in management. I can spell engineer. If you haven't figured out that Sonoma is both successful and intelligent, and could offer you the "7 ball" in each category, you should reread his serious posts....not the ones where he's toying with you. Gayle is not a cashier at K-Mart, as you would like to believe.She has had a successful business of her own, and has a house that I would kill for....
I know that I have left out naming many successful people...sorry, just trying to get across to him...it's not the same as the local redneck bar's customer's
I'm both poor and uneducated, but live in a nice home, drive a decent car, and have my own pool table....I'm comfortable with my finances, but wouldn't mind winning the lotto.
I don't care to try to match up with you on anything, and wonder why you have the need to do that with me...since there are so many others here, that could give you a "game"
I guess because I don't agree with your politics, and haven't been dazzled by your claims?????

DickLeonard
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Eg8r one of my favorite stories about Andy Bakerian the fellow who put all nine balls in on the Break. He was leaving the poolroom and Wally the houseman asked him to bring back a tea and toast. Andy nodded okay went out the door went to Boston stayed 6 months and when he returned he had Wally's Tea and Toast.

So welcome back Vapros whenever.####

eg8r
01-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Another great story. Thanks.

eg8r

LWW
01-11-2008, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I don't call people inferior...that's your m.o.<hr /></blockquote>
That is not the truth wolfie and you know it.

You have been an abrasive demeaning shiite head to everyone with whom you disagree in every instance I can think of.

What gets your underoos in a wad is sometimes when you attack people, and if they stand up and call you on it you whine.

Please, either be peaceful or shut up.

You have promised to not respond to my posts.

I don't care.

What is the result?

A mile of drivel about your victimhood in a fight you chose to start and insist on extending.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
right now you are the only a'hole here that I disagree with, Rocky. And get it out of your head, twinkle toes....I ain't your f**king victim....
And when they put you in charge of the board...then you can order me to shut up...in the meantime...you can go **** yourself

LWW
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
So, when you promised to longer respond to my posts it was merely another lie?

I already knew that my friend.

LWW

DickLeonard
01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Lww please don't say you came in peace even Eg8r wouldn't read your posts. Now you have changed your attitude and are looking for peace. Peace will come when your posts are tamed down. No belittling,No winning battles, just replies in a thoughtful manor.

As for George Bush we pummeled in our 2001 to 2006 posts and our memories of that time has sadly slipped away. Thank God. ####

Gayle in MD
01-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I agree, personally, I got tired of reading about toilet paper, whenever he did post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LWW
01-12-2008, 04:53 AM
What you are actually saying is that the group got to pass around the same lies and then brag about how smart they are.

Now, that a different POV arrives you are bent.

Combined with he fact that it is from a person who is unafraid of the brownshirt gang tackles makes you hate me.

Add in the idea that now more people who don't drink Kool-Aid are joining in and more people who do are dropping out and you can see why the old regime of hate has collapsed.

Toss in the nail in the coffin ... all of you in combination can't keep up with 1 member who looks at the news with objectivity instead of raw hatred, well you have the situation you have now.

You can't ignore me because you know I'm right.

You certainly can't silence me.

So what are we left with once you have been distilled to your essence.

Hate, and nothing more ... but, we all already knew that.

LWW

eg8r
01-12-2008, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What you are actually saying is that the group got to pass around the same lies and then brag about how smart they are.

Now, that a different POV arrives you are bent.
<hr /></blockquote> What is the different POV that was not here already? You are nothing new to this forum and I bet any other forum other than being a know-it-all-bully. You act exactly the same way you are accusing the others of doing.

eg8r

Drop1
01-12-2008, 01:02 PM
want a hanky?

wolfdancer
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Ed, thanks for adding that. We disagree on most things political...but my only thought is that you are a good person, with a different political ideology.
Reading that "proclamation" from lww....it sounds like the ravings of an extreme braggart. AND, as you have noted, while charging the left here with all types of "crimes"...he
also claims there was no one willing, intelligent, nor brave enough to deal with these "brown shirts" until he arrived. In that sense, he is also putting down the right here, and assuming the role of leader.