PDA

View Full Version : George W. Bush Scandals (so many sub-categorized)

Gayle in MD
01-09-2008, 08:40 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:George_W._Bush_administration_controversi es

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

moblsv
01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Funny how quickly each 'old' scandal leaves the headlines, never to be seen again, with each new one.

wolfdancer
01-09-2008, 12:16 PM
So many that they have to be sub-categorized ....wow!!!
maybe a Guiness Book of Records entry.
I'm wondering if there will be anything left to put in the GWB library, after they finish shredding all the evidence.
Well, that snazzy flight suit pix, "Mission Accomplished"
and his infamous quotes, which can't be redacted...
The main feature though will be his Presidential Pardon, or maybe an honorary "Emirship"

Gayle in MD
01-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Awfully quiet around here, huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
At last, a peaceful thread, without the militant Munchkins, Mission Accomplished. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bobbyrx
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
sorry to interrupt...but you knew it had to come
web page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardons_controversy)
and
web page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Clinton_administration_controversies)

Gayle, all of your work is not for naught. Based on your info about the dog, I have dumped Romney. Anyone who could do such a thing and then brag on his decision making is really out of touch and an idiot......the problem now is there is NO ONE the vote for on either side. How can a country this successful come up with THIS group of candidates?

Gayle in MD
01-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Good for you, on Romney. I'm a member of PETA, so you know I can't stand him.

On your question, research is the only way to make your decision. As for myself, experience and dedication goes a long way. Their voting records are on their websites, usually, or you can link them on C-Span, or Capital News.org...You'd be surprised how many of them don't even bother to vote! Especially on controversial issues. I'd prefer to see a voting mistake now and then, than a cop out for political reasons.

I know how you feel, though. I'm glad you take it seriously. Too many just go with the flow, you know?

Gayle in Md.

llotter
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:George_W._Bush_administration_controversi es

The posting actually reads, 'controversies', not scandals.
A controversy is when merely shows disagreement and this listing shows there is a lot of disagreements hurled at GW from those who want to criminalize such things...and they do it loudly, over and over as though it actually had some substance. GW is the most honest president since the last Republican was in office.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
01-09-2008, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> GW is the most honest president since the last Republican was in office.

<hr /></blockquote>

This from the guy whose hero murders doctors. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I don't think your opinion means much around here now.

llotter
01-09-2008, 04:22 PM
It's called justifiable homicide.
I see it doesn't pay to be politically incorrect here...there are brownshirts ready/anxious to punish.

hondo
01-09-2008, 04:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> It's called justifiable homicide.
I see it doesn't pay to be politically incorrect here...there are brownshirts ready/anxious to punish. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, you got a lot of support from the right on that post, didn't you?
There's a difference between being politically incorrect and certifiable, but I don't think you knew that, did you?

llotter
01-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Joe Biden didn't get much support either even thoght Democrats speak admirably of him. It is easy to go-along-to-get-along.

LWW
01-10-2008, 04:59 AM
Follow some of his uncanned quotes ... like "You can't walk in a Dunkin Donuts" that isn't ran by a bunch of Indians anymore!" and you'll know why.

He would make a very beatable candidate because he has a propensity to not keep his yap shut.

Other than that, he'd probably be my top pick out of the D field.

LWW

hondo
01-10-2008, 06:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Follow some of his uncanned quotes ... like "You can't walk in a Dunkin Donuts" that isn't ran by a bunch of Indians anymore!" and you'll know why.

He would make a very beatable candidate because he has a propensity to not keep his yap shut.

Other than that, he'd probably be my top pick out of the D field.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

It's like the old joke.
Nixon, Carter, Clinton, &amp; Biden are on a boat that's sinking.
Carter: Save the women and children!
Nixon: F**k the women.
Clinton: Is there time?
Biden: Is there time?

Gayle in MD
01-10-2008, 07:16 AM
GW will be known for ignoring our laws. He has used signing statements in a way which no other president has used them. He has used more signing statements than all previous presidents combined. He uses them to proclaim that the President of the United States Of America, is above the law.

Section one, article seven of the Constitution of the United States of America, provides only two alternatives for a President. Either don't sign the law, or sign the law. Once the law has been signed, the president has no right to ignore it, or to go around it.

George Bush, has abused the power given to him in the Constitution of the United States Of America. He has maintained that he is in charge of the Government. that is not so. He is in charge of the Executive branch of the government, not the other two branches. He claims power over all branches if government. That is unconstitutional.

There are only two remedies for a president who ignore the law, or abuses his power. One is to sue him, and the other is impeachment. The courts have stated that one must prove personal injury in order to sue him, hence, the law suits regarding his illegal spying are on appeal, since those who have been spied upon without a court order, which is required by the Constitution, cannot prove they were spied upon, since it is done in secret, and hence, cannot calim personal injury.

Impeachment, and also the congressional power to overturn his veto, requires two thirds of both houses. Republican have supported the president, out of loyalty, and mostly out of political concerns, instead of representing their people, we the people, and protecting the Constitution Of The United States Of America, and hence, impeachment was off the table, since Democrats did not win enough majority to impeach.

The only way to prevent Bush from continuing to destroy the Constitution Of The United States Of America, and also abuse his power, is to contact your Representatives and demand impeachment.

Apparently most republican voters hate democrats, more than they love the Constitution Of The United States Of America.

Presidents have a choice of uniting the country, or dividing it. Uniting it requires that they reach across the isle, and include both parties in their policies and decision making. George Bush has been the great devider, not the great decider, since his decision, including pre-emption, were illegal. Pre-emption means attacking another country, which is a real and present, immediate danger. The United States, through our constitution, and international agreements, and under the leadership of George Bush, is presenting involved in an illegal, immoral war.

The Middle East countries, did not approve of our occupation of Iraq. The United Nations, and the Geneva Conventions agreements, articles of war, etc., require that countries may not invade, other countries, unilaterally, or for the purpose of regime change.

Now, since Bush has made such a mess of things, they do not approve of us leaving a big mess behind for the region to deal with. Also, we must protect our troops, and those Iraqis who have risked their lives to assist us.

Only Hillary Clinton has appropriately addressed our circumstances, including leaving responsibly, protecting our troops, and those Iaqis who have assisted us.

All the Republican candidates have approved of Bush foreign policies, in spite of his illegal actions, and approved of his criminal behavior in the Office Of the Presidency, signing statements, using executive power to forbid those involved in the illegal firing of the AG's, in spite of insisting that he never discussed any of it with Meyers, or Rove, who have ignored subpeonas from the Congressional and Judiciary investigation committees.

Since George Bush chose to ignore our laws, by abusing the original use of signing statements, which were originally meant to provide a presssidtn the opportunity to give his opinion about any given law, but not to give him the right to ignore, or break congressional law, which he has signed, launched an illegal war, spied illegally on Americans, without a court order, removed habeas corpus, calimed authority over all branches of government, removing checks and balances intended by our founders, and the Republicans in both houses have informed Democrats that they would not vote with them in any legal maneuverings available to the congress to protect the Constitution from Bush's attack on it, their only other alterneative is through denying him money through budget appropriations. The fact that we have troops on the ground on the other side of the world, and in a very volital region, limits their options in that regard.

A vote for any Republican, is a vote against WE THE PEOPLE, since they have failed their sworn duty to protect the Constitution Of The United STates Of America.

This is what you call an honest president?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
01-10-2008, 07:21 AM
BULLS**T....

It is not an illegal act, according to our laws, hence, it is not justifiable homocide.

You are in need of serious psychological help.

Gayle in Md.