PDA

View Full Version : George HW Pardons

Gayle in MD
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush's_pardons

pooltchr
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
WOW! Bush granted 75 pardons over 4 years! But he can't even carry Clinton's cigar box in this game. Slick Willie granted 140 pardons in just one day!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardons_controversy

I guess you missed that one.

Steve

LWW
01-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Gayle is a partisan.

No sin was ever committed before 01/01.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Your usual faulty thinking, Steve. Clinton was in office for eight years. Many of those pardoned by Bush Sr. were criminals left over from Reagans law breaking. Partisanship would be a charge that, as you often say, makes you the pot calling the kettle black. If Democrats were destroying the Constitution, luanching illegal wars, spying illegally on Americans, torturing people, and working to remove checks and balances from the government, I would be writing of my outrage. You, OTOH, approve of unamerican activities, law breaking, torture, against Geneva Convention agreements, pre-emptive war for regime change, against Geneva Conventions, signing statements used by Bush stating himself above the law, and abuse of presidential power.

I don't have to defend my positions. The task froce, headed by Reagan officials, a former high ranking Republican leader, and former National Chairman of the Conservative Union, Mickey Edwards, R. Oaklahoma, and of the American Barr Asociation, A former Justice Department official of the Reagan Administration, and Reagans former F.B.I. director, together formed a task force, and unamously agreed, as they testified in front of the house judiciary committee, that Bush's actions, are unconstitutional.

The Government Accounting Ofice did a study of the laws Bush has signed into law, and found that he had broken one third of them, using signing statements to do so. They studied through a random check of the agencies which he directed, which expanded his purported above the alw authority, to other agencies in the government, under his direction. He has assummed authority to break the law he signed, congressional law, and included others with the right to do so, and taken power over the entire government.

Republican will not join any efforts to protect the consitution, or the division of power between the three branches of government.

A vote for a Republican, is a vote agsint the Constitution Of The United States Of America.

Gayle in Md.

LWW
01-10-2008, 08:51 AM
It seems that the policy of some on the left is that it is far more moral to sell a pardon than to weight the pros and cons and grant one.

LWW

pooltchr
01-10-2008, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Your usual faulty thinking, Steve. Clinton was in office for eight years. Many of those pardoned by Bush Sr. were criminals left over from Reagans law breaking.
Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

OK, so some of the 75 Bush pardons weren't even his...all 140 of Willie's were his...bought and paid for while he was in office.

Partisanship??? You were the one that posted the Bush list...I just responded with the Clinton list to help put it into perspective. If you are only going to present one side of an issue, you can expect someone to present the other side.
Steve

Gayle in MD
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Post whateve you like, Steve, just admit that you support and voted twice for a man who breaks our laws, and attacks our Constitution, and you've never complained about that once.

No one can post anything about this administration, without you righties dragging Clinton into it. What does Clinton have to do with what Bush did?

I posted it because all I hear from you people is Mark Rich.

I'm just amazed that the same people who are outraged over a blow job, are docile about Bush destroying checks and balances, with Republican assistance, and breaking the law by using signing statements, in an unprecedented was, to go around the very laws that he himself signs into order.

Actually, IMO, anyone who voted for George Bush twice, has no business calling anyone else, a psrtisan. I've been both a Democrat, Independent, and a Republican over the course of my life, but I've never voted for a president who lied, brokd the law, or abused his executive power.

Clinton pardoned more people, but he didn't lie us into a war. He didn't encourage Iraqis to rise up against Saddam, and then leave them all to be slaughtered. He didn't secretly break the law by sending arms to drug dealers, who comitted inhumane acts, like Reagan did.

Every damned Republican I've witnessed other than Eisenhower, has had an entire list of criminals from his administration, end up in jail. How do you explain that? Nixon, Reagan, and Bush. This one just finds illegal unprecedented ways of getting around the law and the Constitution, and the Geneva conventions. that doesn't bother you?

Gayle in Md.

LWW
01-10-2008, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Post whateve you like, Steve, just admit that you support and voted twice for a man who breaks our laws, and attacks our Constitution, and you've never complained about that once.

Gayle in Md.<hr /></blockquote>
Then why have the dems in congress refused to do their duty and impeach him?

We all know the answer, don't we?

LWW

eg8r
01-10-2008, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Post whateve you like, Steve, just admit that you support and voted twice for a man who breaks our laws, and attacks our Constitution, and you've never complained about that once. <hr /></blockquote> You are being completely dishonest here. Steve along with nearly the entire board has complained about W's immigration policy and spending policies.

[ QUOTE ]
No one can post anything about this administration, without you righties dragging Clinton into it. <hr /></blockquote> Likewise, no one can post anything about the Clintons without you brining up the Bush's.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, IMO, anyone who voted for George Bush twice, has no business calling anyone else, a psrtisan. <hr /></blockquote> Why? If a person tells a lie is he not allowed to bring to light the lies of another?

[ QUOTE ]
Clinton pardoned more people, but he didn't lie us into a war. <hr /></blockquote> He sure did get us into one illegally like you used to try and tell us Bush did.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Post whateve you like, Steve, just admit that you support and voted twice for a man who breaks our laws, and attacks our Constitution, and you've never complained about that once.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are being completely dishonest here. <font color="red"> On the contrary, I have never seen Steve post a word about Bush's law breaking, or lies. </font color> Steve along with nearly the entire board has complained about W's immigration policy and spending policies. <font color="red">Lies and law breaking, was what I stated. </font color>

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one can post anything about this administration, without you righties dragging Clinton into it.

Likewise, no one can post anything about the Clintons without you brining up the Bush's.
<font color="red">LOL, you guys started it. I spent three years asking, What the hell does Clinton's BJ have to do with this? It was your only response to any ofGeorge bush's transgressions, and there have been many, many of those, including lies. </font color>

Quote:

Actually, IMO, anyone who voted for George Bush twice, has no business calling anyone else, a psrtisan.

Why? If a person tells a lie is he not allowed to bring to light the lies of another? <font color="red">By most standards that is considered hypocritical, don't you think? </font color>

Quote:

Clinton pardoned more people, but he didn't lie us into a war.

He sure did get us into one illegally like you used to try and tell us Bush did. <font color="red">That is not true, Ed. Clinton never created false intelligence, nor did he ever occupy another country, for regime change, or use signing statements as a means to avoid abiding by the laws that he signed. Nor did he politicize nearly every government agency. I could go on, but your statement that Clinton lied us into a war, is not true. He did, however, try to protect the Kurds, after Bush SR left them to be slaughtered by Saddam. </font color>

eg8r

eg8r
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lies and law breaking, was what I stated.
<hr /></blockquote> Oops, you are right I mis-spoke. You also stated attacks on the Constitution.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, you guys started it. <hr /></blockquote> Again, so what. You made a statement that we always bring up Clinton and I reminded you that you always bring up Bush.

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell does Clinton's BJ have to do with this? <hr /></blockquote> It seems the left is the only group that brings up that situation. Who brought his BJ up in this post besides you?

[ QUOTE ]
By most standards that is considered hypocritical, don't you think? <hr /></blockquote> No it is not hypocritical to just point it out. Now it would be hypocritical if they were denouncing it. I find it hypocritical of a partisan person to tell me I cannot be partisan.

[ QUOTE ]
That is not true, Ed. Clinton never created false intelligence, nor did he ever occupy another country, for regime change <hr /></blockquote> You are arguing a strawman. You were talking about Clinton not lying us into a war. I agree with you but I did say he got us into one illegally. You then told me I am incorrect, however, Milosevic would disagree with you.

[ QUOTE ]
I could go on, but your statement that Clinton lied us into a war, is not true. <hr /></blockquote> I never said that. You even quoted what I said, but I will post it again for you to read again. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote gayle:</font><hr> Clinton pardoned more people, but he didn't lie us into a war. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> He sure did get us into one illegally like you used to try and tell us Bush did. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> It is quite clear that I did not say Clinton lied us in to war. I stated he entered into one illegally which was the lie the left tried to say Bush did.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Clinton used the Air Froce, and Navy throughout the nineties, which doesn't require a National Debate. That is not launching a war for the illegal occupation of a foreign country, or for regime change.

Humanitarian efforts render much more valuable returns than war - without troops or guns, with only the Navy and Air Force.

There is no comparison.

Gayle in Md.

LWW
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
So, we never really changed any regimes under Clinton?

Funny, I thought I had seen where we did?

LWW

eg8r
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is not launching a war for the illegal occupation of a foreign country, or for regime change.
<hr /></blockquote> I did not say anything about Clinton launching a war for the illegal occupation of a foreign country, or for regime change.

eg8r