PDA

View Full Version : Obama... is this stuff factual?

sack316
01-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Saw the following posted somewhere and wondering if these "facts" are true or not, and if so to what extent. I'm not passing any opinion here, as I admit I really don't know much about the man. I was just curious more than anything. I'll leave the text as is, please note these were not my words--- it's just something I came across and figured what better place to ask about it:

Who is Barack Obama?
Body: Interesting facts about Obama.....hmmmm
Body: Subject: This ***hole could be our next president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Body: Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu , Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel , Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHIEST from Wichita , Kansas ..

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii . When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya . His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia ..

When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia . Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta . He also spent two years in a Catholic school.
Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that that he is not a radical. Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and this influence was
temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta . Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran. Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches. Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States , one of their own !!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want
this man leading our country?

Anyway, as I read it I'm sure it's a quite biased look at his background and such, and taken to an extreme. I just wanna know to what extent these things (if any) are true. Not so much because I fear him as a terrorist to break us down from within--- I think that's a bunch of useless bull that whoever wrote it should meet some duct tape for --- but more so about if he's shying away from "who he is" or whatever for polital acceptance. I understand that pretty much any politician would try to sweep under the rug their past transgressions... but if one is attempting to hide their beliefs that, to me, would be another matter entirely.

Sack

wolfdancer
01-10-2008, 04:54 PM
That's been around for awhile....I think lww wrote it, as a bund project, to win a merit badge /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If you Google, you can get a truer version of the facts

LWW
01-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Actually the most likely link was the Clinton camp ... and we all know that.

You keep hating if you want wolfie.

I forgive you brother.

LWW

hondo
01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
I've had several people in my area say "They surely won't elect a black President, will they?
I will probably vote for him, but, man, I hope he's got
good bodyguards!
Trust me, racism is alive and well in America.
There's a lot of hate out there.

S0Noma
01-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Snopes.com says no.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Drop1
01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Obama was the editor of "The Harvard Law Review," that is to say, among the brightest of his class,at Harvard. I have no problem voting for a black candidate,but my vote will be on the person,I think will begin the slow process of reversing what Bush has done. I didn't care for his reaction to the loss in NH. I would like to see a candidate,list the problems,as they see them,and give their solution to the specific problem. It sounds great,to say the manufacturing sector has to be rebuilt,but I would like to know how,when eighty percent of GDP is in the service sector.

S0Noma
01-10-2008, 10:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Obama was the editor of "The Harvard Law Review," that is to say, among the brightest of his class,at Harvard. <hr /></blockquote>

That's impressive. One of my children got a law degree from that school. It has consistently placed in the top three law schools in the country and typically only the best and the brightest students get in. The school is brimming with over achievers and certified geniuses from all over the country.

Having said that I can tell you from observation that the normal class/work load the HLS students carry is immense and consumes nearly every waking hour. To be chosen for Law Review you not only must be amongst the brightest of the bright - but you must also be willing and able to devote several hours each week to working on the Law Review IN ADDITION to your normal studies.

For him to not only have been chosen for Law Review but to have been editor says a great deal not only about his intellect but his capacity to outperform - in an environment where simply being a regular student was a Herculean task.

Qtec
01-11-2008, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is this stuff factual? <hr /></blockquote>

You tell us. You posted it.

Do you always post GOSSIP on the net?

Google is a wonderful thing. Try it.

Q

LWW
01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Q <hr /></blockquote>
Yer funnee.

LWW

SKennedy
01-11-2008, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I've had several people in my area say "They surely won't elect a black President, will they?
I will probably vote for him, but, man, I hope he's got
good bodyguards!
Trust me, racism is alive and well in America.
There's a lot of hate out there. <hr /></blockquote>

And the hate goes both ways.

sack316
01-11-2008, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Indeed google is a wonderful thing. In fact I'd be willing to bet that were I to research Obama through google that the exct thing from my original post would be one of the results somewhere. Hence, by your line of thinking there then it must be true, along with everything else I find on the web via google search. Awesome.

Thought I was clear that it was something I found, and that I was simply trying to see to what extent some (if any) of that was close to fact... since we do actually have some people that know a little about politics on here.

And to the question "do you awlays post GOSSIP on the net?" You are aware of exactly what the internet is, yes? And are aware of what comprises much of the content found online?

Sack

S0Noma
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
hopefully you checked out the article at Snopes.com? Generally speaking they do a very good job of debunking this kind of thing.

sack316
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> hopefully you checked out the article at Snopes.com? Generally speaking they do a very good job of debunking this kind of thing. <hr /></blockquote>

indeed I did and thanks Sonoma. Now of course I did not believe he is a radical muslim bent on destorying the US from within. I was simply trying to see if there was a part of his background and beliefs he may have turned his back on in order to help his political career. I.E. Someone who turns away from who they are and their beliefs (reguardless of what they are) from childhood and through life, would likely NOT be my choice to be one of the most powerful world leaders. So IF (quoting there, IF) Oabama did a "personal flip-flop" due to the politcal and social pressures of running for president, to what extent could I imagine he may change with the pressures of actually being President.

That's more or less all I was trying to get at in the first place. The whole little "article" thing is obviously a crock. But to every joke, rumor, and whatever-- there is usually some sort of grain of truth behind it. I just wanted to see how big (if at all) this particular grain may be.

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-11-2008, 01:35 PM
And probably many more saying "They surely won't elect a woman, will they?"

Here's an interesting article...http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/opinion/08steinem.html?ex=1215493200&amp;en=07809ff6a3077b3b&amp;e i=5087&amp;excamp=GGOPgloriasteinem&amp;WT.srch=1&amp;WT.mc_ev =click&amp;WT.mc_id=OP-S-E-GG-NA-S-gloria_steinem

LWW
01-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Yes.

Just not a communist seditionist who hires people that steal national security secrets in their socks.

LWW