PDA

View Full Version : The confidence drop

Drop1
01-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Which candidate is best placed to confront the future? web page (http://) http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080111/consumer_confidence.html

Gayle in MD
01-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, we know who got us out of the last Republican mess. And just listen to the Republican righties on here, attacking what they "Think" are stupid people, when in reality, even our Federal Reserve Chairman has stated that predatory, fraudulent practices in the mortgage and lending arena were responsible, for this mess, and must be addressed. I'd like to know how many of these brilliant righties on here read every word of every mortgage contract they've signed over their lifetimes.

Corruption always drifts down from the top, and this administration is surely proof of that.

While Bush has us firmly buried in debt, the administration is now beginning to suggest that it's time for Iraqis to step up to the plate, and solve their own problems. Democrats who said that over a year ago were painted as cut and run traitors.

Bush's last ditch effort to rush over to the Middle East, and talk with all those he has refused to talk with for seven years, in a desparate attempt to put some kind of positive spin in this mess he's made with his failed foreign policies, is about the same,.... too little, too late, overall Bushthink FUBAR!

Now, with economic figures crashing, manufacturing in the pits, corporations having been subsidized to send our jobs overseas, and foreclosure rates threatening the worst we've seen since the crash, Bush is out there touting a strong economy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The munchkins will go right back out there and vote Republican again, for candidates who can't even handle their own campaign money, just don't let any boys kiss!! Or raise their taxes to thwart a deep depression! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We had four years of a Republican governor in my State. Our new Democratic governor has had to raise our taxes to handle the deficits he left behind. Being a Democratic state, we expected that result when we voted for him. Some of us embrace reality.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
01-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Not to worry.....I have a copy of the Republican's secret agenda....
Their main goal is to lose the next Presidential election. To insure this, they have decided to run candidates with more "baggage" then a train load of Shriners going to Las Vegas.
This strategy will force the newly elected Democratic President to try to straighten out their mess in Iraq, and head off a world war.
And, more importantly, he will have to raise taxes to try to repair the dollar before we are led into a depression...which will be used against "him" in the following election. The right, with their trickle down, tax cuts for the wealthy ...it's like a one trick pony...we've all seen the act before..."read my lips"
And sitting on the sidelines they'll claim how much better off the country would be, if only....which depends on if only you could forget the Bush years

Gayle in MD
01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
more "baggage" then a train load of Shriners going to Las Vegas.
<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO...well said, Jack. And McCain!!! The man can't even read! His speech was a joke. Romney, crying his little eyse out, but no one accusing him of faking it, when he's been flip flopping like a goldfish, throughout. That's what they should call him, the Goldfish candidate, buying the nomination, as he flip flips his way through the country.

I've been wondering where this so called liberal press is, lately. Have you? This morning a caller on C-Span finally told Steve Scully how obvious he is, a Republican, pretending to be an independent. Even on C-Span, the right wing press is alive and well.

Well, finally, an issue has arisen which has joined the brothers, the right and left press and pundits. The prospect of a woman leading this country. Is there any surprise, in a country where blacks were given the right to vote before black or white women were allowed?

Oprah should be ashamed. It was women who put her where she is. I always suspected her of racism. Now, there is little doubt.

Gayle in Md.