PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Gold Crown AR-6100 Series

mckatie
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
My uncle pointed me towards this site and thought someone here might be able to answer a question for me.

We recently inherited a Brunswick Gold Crown AR-6100 Series table. We'd like to sell it (have no room here) but have absolutely no idea of the value or what would be a fair price.

Table (http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff65/mckatie_album/Captured2008-1-1500002.jpg)

Table 2 (http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff65/mckatie_album/Captured2008-1-1500000.jpg)

Any thoughts?

Paul_Mon
01-15-2008, 06:45 AM
I'd ask for $2300 and the new owner has it disassembled and hauled away. Sell the table with the bridges. Sell the balls, cue rack and any other accessories separately.

Paul Mon

Artemus
01-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey Paul, I notice you're from Greece. Do you ever go to Classic Billiards East on Ridge?
What kind of Brunswick tables are those with the arched wrought iron legs? The tables play pretty good but would be a lot better if they got new cloth. I think the room has been there for quite a long time. Nobody can complain about the price to play, $7 measly bucks ALL DAY!

mckatie
01-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks so much!

I've done a lot of research in the last day and there are some things that I quite don't understand about the different versions - I, II, III, IV.

Can you tell just by looking at the pics which this one is - or at least make a knowledgeable guess?

I appreciate the help! Thank you so much!

Artemus
01-15-2008, 08:13 AM
What city and state do you live in? Price can have something to do with location and the general economy or what people "expect" to pay for a table, as well as whether they're educated buyers who know the value of a Gold Crown as opposed to a no name knock off.
Explore some of the tables for sale at www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com) in various cities. Just type in "pool table" under the "For Sale" sporting category.

mckatie
01-15-2008, 08:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Artemus:</font><hr> What city and state do you live in? Price can have something to do with location and the general economy or what people "expect" to pay for a table, as well as whether they're educated buyers who know the value of a Gold Crown as opposed to a no name knock off.
Explore some of the tables for sale at www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com) in various cities. Just type in "pool table" under the sporting good category. <hr /></blockquote>

About 40 miles outside of Chicago - considered Chicagoland. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif And I've done just what you said - except I'm coming up with such a wide flippin' variety of prices for the GC's - from $1200-$4000. I truly want to be fair (my mother in law passed away) on on the other hand, I don't want to give it away either.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Artemus
01-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Whatever you do, be patient! If there's no rush, don't give it away. There are plenty of sophisticated pool players in the Chicago area that know price and would LOVE to own a Gold Crown.

I'd say LEARN TO PLAY POOL AND KEEP IT! LOL You just inherited a GREAT gift for nothing! Btw, knock out some walls and make space. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/our_rich_history/important_events/index.html

Scroll down to 1961, your answer lies there. I think any pool player in the know with money and space would be willing to pay a premium for this table based on the HISTORY and UNIQUENESS of the table. I would if I didn't already have a super table and lived close enough to you.

Let me revise my last statement. I'd do my best NOT to pay a premium but to beat you down to the lowest possible price and even have you pay me to take it off your hands.
But in reality, if you were a good negotiater, you'd GET me in the end because I'd pay for that particular table.

Paul_Mon
01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Artemus:</font><hr> Hey Paul, I notice you're from Greece. Do you ever go to Classic Billiards East on Ridge?
What kind of Brunswick tables are those with the arched wrought iron legs? The tables play pretty good but would be a lot better if they got new cloth. I think the room has been there for quite a long time. Nobody can complain about the price to play, $7 measly bucks ALL DAY! <hr /></blockquote>

I go to Classic West every Sunday and sometimes on Friday afternoon. I almost never go to Classic East even though I've known the manager there (Bruce P.) for over 30 years. As far as the tables go I can't help you identify what they might be. I thought they had GCII's just like West does, along with a few Gandy's. West has 6 GC's that have just been recovered in 760, the 3C table was just recovered and the rate is $5 flat rate every day until 6 PM then it changes to hourly rates.

mckatie
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi guys ...

Thanks so much for your help! I truly appreciate it! I think we may be keeping it for now ... we'll see.

But if someone made us a good offer we wouldn't be opposed.

Nothing like being perched directly on the fence.

Thanks for everything!