PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Vows To Change the Constitution

Gayle in MD
01-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Apparently, Huckabee has vowed to change the Constitution into a religious document, based on what he believes to be his God's values.

Our Founders are surely turning over in their graves.

I surely hope that Americans who have remained silent over the recent transgressions against the spirit of our constitution by the Republican Christian Coalition, will be energized to take whatever risks are involved in speaking out against such a grievious attack on our unique and time tested American philosophy of Separation Of Church And State.

Re-writing history apparently isn't enough for the religious right, now they want to re-write the Constitution.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
is there a link to Huckleberry trying to do this?
Well, he wants to change it, and GW wants to ignore it (too restrictive)....is there anybody over there that promises to uphold it?

LWW
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> is there a link to Huckleberry trying to do this?<hr /></blockquote>
I was wondering the same thing.

LWW

eg8r
01-15-2008, 09:45 AM
What were his exact words? I am not following this too close so I don't know what you are referring to.

eg8r

LWW
01-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I suspect it will go down as just one more wild accusation with no actual basis in reality other than it makes a good strawman to argue against.

LWW

hondo
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> is there anybody over there that promises to uphold it?
<hr /></blockquote>

Ron Paul, maybe??

OOPS! I forgot I was going to take a break from political posts. DERN!

Gayle in MD
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
"It's a lot easier to change the constitution than it is to change the word of the living God."

"What we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards."

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

LWW
01-15-2008, 01:48 PM
So, what you are upset about is that he proposes changing the USC thru the system that the USC calls fo rather than doing it through judicial activism?

Have you ever actually read the USC? If so do you understand the process for amending it?

If so you would realize that to do so requires an overwhelming show of support by the people for said changes.

I doubt that either of those causes has anything approaching sufficient popularity to amend the USC over ... but it makes for a good scarycrow doesn't it.

BTW, what you claimed in the first post isn't quite what he actually said now is it?

LWW

pooltchr
01-15-2008, 06:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ....is there anybody over there that promises to uphold it?
<hr /></blockquote>

Thompson...the only true conservative running.

Steve

Drop1
01-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Lets dump the Constitution, put a flat twenty percent tax on the churches,and get on with doing the work of the Lord.

nAz
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
whoooaaaaaaa there cowboy... im still working on my church! no way im giving up those tax advantages!

Drop1
01-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Dude,we don't pay taxes,only churches do,and they have to prove what the Work of The Lord is,to get a tax deduction. Like maybe the Work of The Lord,is something the Lord can do...

LWW
01-16-2008, 04:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Lets dump the Constitution,<hr /></blockquote>
That's the long term goal of the left you know.

LWW

DickLeonard
01-16-2008, 08:37 AM
LWW "Well the right beat them to it" -Dick Leonard.####