PDA

View Full Version : Pre Competition Meal, "Thaw Or Not To Thaw?"

Sid_Vicious
08-02-2002, 05:03 PM
I have a competitive event tomorrow and wondered about something. I usually toss a T-bone on the grill on Friday, bake a big potato and entertain myself with a movie. All this usually consummated in a medium late bedtime and sometimes not the best sleep. "Do you police yourself away from heavy mealsthe night before your competitive events?" sid

Tom_In_Cincy
08-02-2002, 05:31 PM
If the tournament is at nite, I eat lite.. snacks.. nothing heavy on the stomache, Meats are OUT, for me.

If the tournament is on the weekend starting around 1 pm or so. I eat a good breakfast and skip lunch or a snack.

I save the big food times for after Pool..

Sid_Vicious
08-02-2002, 05:33 PM
So you aren't concerned with the night before dinner. Great! I've just about lit the grill and have a chilled brew in the que already...sid

Tom_In_Cincy
08-02-2002, 05:34 PM
Hadn't ever been concerned about the nite before.. It's usually gone by noon the next day any way.. LOL

Vagabond
08-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Howdy,
It is ok if it is a rib eye from corn fed beef from IOWA.It is not ok if the steak is from Texas.Cheers
Vagabond

Wally_in_Cincy
08-03-2002, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I have a competitive event tomorrow and wondered about something. I usually toss a T-bone on the grill on Friday, bake a big potato and entertain myself with a movie. All this usually consummated in a medium late bedtime and sometimes not the best sleep. "Do you police yourself away from heavy mealsthe night before your competitive events?" sid <hr></blockquote>

Sid you worry too much /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously though eat whatever you're used to eating. One caveat: I wouldn't eat White Castles and onion chips the night before a big event /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

On league nights I try to eat a hearty lunch and I don't eat dinner until after I play, maybe a snack. I get nervous and if you've got a lot of food on your stomach in that situation it can be distracting.

Sid_Vicious
08-12-2002, 07:43 PM
Bet you're right, I do worry too much...sid

cuechick
08-12-2002, 10:27 PM
I don't worry too much about the night before. I just stay away form anything that might make it harder to sleep. I am very careful about what I eat durring a tournament. I am hypoglycemic and have to eat but Itry to stick to nuts, fruit and power bars. Nothing real heavy or sugary, or too many carbs. That can't send me right into a coma!

Kato
08-13-2002, 08:04 AM
I usually eat whatever 3 to 4 hours before, nothing but water and granola bars while playing. I also like to take a short nap before I play, this way I can put myself into a coma like trance and completely sleep through everything. When I wake up I always feel like I won the tourny.

Kato