alarmist

person who refuses to deny global warming

Arab

see: terrorist

atheist

a person who hates God

bipartisan

supported by the entire Republican Party, plus Joe Lieberman

Beltway Journalist's Common Wisdom (as seen on Megacorporate TV)

Truth is always exactly halfway between whatever the Republican Party and the Democratic Party are currently saying. Making conclusions by objectively judging the facts which differ from the current center is yucky and is to be avoided at all costs, because that is what all regular everyday Americans want. If we ever reported objectively, we would lose our eternal nonpartisanship, the one thing that makes us special and better than everyone else (especially the dirty [censored] hippy bloggers like Atrios).

Christian (fundamentalist a.k.a. “born again”)

a member of the Republican Party

Christian (other)

closet atheist

civil liberties extremist

person who supports warrants

conservative

any person who supports George W. Bush (e.g. Joe Lieberman, Ann Coulter, Zell Miller)

Democratic Party

see: Democrat Party

Democrat Party

Al Qaeda fan club

detainee

warmer, fuzzier word for prisoner

unlawful enemy combatant

prisoner held unlawfully in custody

faith-based initiative

government initiative respecting an establishment of religion

faggot

electorally viable liberal Democratic presidential candidate

the enemy

varies; please see today's civilization-threatening enemy bent on our total annihilation at www.gop.com (http://www.gop.com)

family values (a.k.a. moral values)

anti-gay

far-left

person who supports warrants

fertilized human egg

A person with inalienable personal rights (as long as it is eventually born and he or she doesn't end up gay)

hatred of America

hatred of the Republican Party

homosexuality

a conscious choice to spit directly in Baby Jesus' face. Though no one is naturally gay, many people are tempted into homosexuality by the lures of soul-crushing social stigmas and the loss of equal protection of the law.

giving aid and comfort to the enemy

opposing illegal warfare and domestic spying

Hitler

person who eventually reincarnated into Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I don't recall (link nsfw)

I recall, but if I told you, you would probably send me to prison for a long time

legal immigrant

white person who has moved to America to build a better life and live in freedom; rarely, a non-white person with American family members.

illegal immigrant

Mexican criminal who has moved to invaded America to steal our jobs, sell drugs to our kids, rape and shoot at people indiscriminately, leech off of our welfare programs, and reduce the value of our property.

immigration reduction

getting rid of the Mexicans

Islam

Terrorist religion; Islam was the official religion of Nazi Germany. Don't look that up.

islamofascists

the Nazi-like followers of Islam

Jesus

Ancient white Jewish male who personally founded the Republican Party. He preached the virtues of theocracy, homophobia, sexism, racism, and tax cuts for rich people. Worm-like, Jesus is known to sometimes reside inside the hearts of some humans, usually preferring those from poverty-stricken areas with substandard levels of education.

journalism

broadcast of Republican talking points

left-wing

less conservative than Ronald Reagan

liberal

any person who does not support George W. Bush (e.g. Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan, and Dennis Kucinich are all very liberal)

Neville Chamberlain

A British politician who attempted to prevent Nazi Germany from taking over other European countries by giving Nazi Germany control of other European countries. All comparisons of anti-war Democrats to Neville Chamberlain are totally accurate and in no way retarded.

New York Times

Newspaper company run by Al Qaeda

fair and balanced

biased as [censored]

liberal media

any media outlet with an insufficiently conservative bias. Everyone knows that the mainstream media has a liberal bias. Its science.

patriot

a person who supports creation of a domestic police state and endless warfare

perjury (Democratic)

a high crime warranting impeachment and removal from office

perjury (Republican)

a pretend crime that should never be prosecuted, because the REAL underlying crime has yet to be disposed (because the Republican lied to cover it up). This would merely waste precious taxpayer money that could otherwise be spent paying for 30 seconds of the Iraqi War.

pro-business

against workers rights, fair wages, and taxation of upper-income individuals

pro-family

very anti-gay

pro-life

Favoring government-sponsored killing though warfare and capital punishment, while opposing the destruction of living human tissue not part of a person.

Republican Party

Jesus' favorite party; composed of all patriotic Americans who want to Win The War at any cost, no matter how much political framing and distortion of reality is required

Ron Paul

a sneaky liberal Democrat posing as a Republican

Serious

pro-war

small government conservatism (a.k.a. limited government conservatism)

support for a massive government police state, in a continuous state of war and with unlimited power to regulate the activities of the people

special interest groups

organized groups of people who don't vote for Republicans

states' rights

states' rights to criminalize abortion and oppress minorities

stay the course

deny error when caught making a mistake; continue mistake and redouble efforts/resources

strict constructionist

judicial philosophy involving a strictly constructed fictional reality where America is a Christian Nation founded by people who hated gays, women, and foreigners; who seceded from Great Britain because the King did not have enough executive power over them.

strong on national security

weak on liberty, rule of law; coward

supporting the troops

Forcing the troops to remain in service beyond their contracts, while reducing their pay and health care benefits; sending them to invade foreign countries for bogus reasons while refusing to buy them adequate body armor; compensating for this by buying yellow ribbons while filling up the S.U.V. and accusing other people of not supporting the troops.

terrorism

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a (non-Republican) person or organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

torture

I do not believe I can provide a definition of torture, because I believe it is wise for us not to describe precisely what illegal, excruciatingly painful techniques our government is using in interrogating people we don't like. As long as we don't officially admit that we are waterboarding prisoners, terrorists will have absolutely no idea that we are doing so. If they knew, they could prepare by growing gills or an extra set of lungs, thus rendering our precious torture technique as quaint as the Geneva Conventions.

traitor

any person who voices opposition to Republican foreign policy

uniter, not a divider

an amoral, hyper-partisan politician who encourages polarization on a national scale by repeatedly insinuating that one half of the population are traitors, without regard to what the consequences might be beyond the next election.

War On Terror

Republican attempt at stopping groups of people from unlawfully intimidating other groups of people for political reasons, by making threats and launching attacks in violation of the law.

warrant

a special right for terrorists attempting to destroy America

waterboarding

an extreme sport popular among surfers on Middle Eastern beaches. Republicans sometimes secretly arrange for super-duper bad guys to get to go waterboarding, in hopes of winning them over. People who go waterboarding tend to always provide completely accurate information, which is definitely not random bullshit made up on the spot in an effort to end the waterboarding. These people, like all other torture victims, foster a deep-seated love for all Americans. They go on to spend the rest of their lives not dwelling on their immense hatred for us, and especially not plotting to take violent revenge on us at any cost.

hondo
01-16-2008, 06:51 AM
I honestly don't see how any Republican can deny that
this is how they define those terms.
My guess is rather than defending themselves, they'll try to come back with Democratic definitions. Right?

Gayle in MD
01-16-2008, 08:08 AM
That there is so much truth in these statements of twisted Republican thinking, offers a commentary to the dangers faced by our country, the American spirit, the spirit of our Constitution, at risk from the slow and hidden slide toward a fascist, communist dictatorship, systematically carved by the Bush Administration, supported by Republican treason, using decietful exploitation of the mentally lazy, uninformed, naive, Christian sheep, who abandoned critical thinking, and gave up their liberty, privacy and freedom, to a manufactured, exploitative state of fear, denial and overwhelming lack of courage, promoted by hatred and ignorance.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
01-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Naz the sound from the right is deafening they probably went back to AZ for a refresher course in what they believe.####

LWW
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Not this one.

I'm just amazed at how many people who believe they are smart yet mistake a humor piece as reality ... but, then again, y'all believe that Bush disguised himself as Clinton for 8 years as he ranted about Saddam using WMDs for doorstops he had so many.

LWW

Bobbyrx
01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
"living human tissue not part of a person" and another name for this would be.........?

"conservative

any person who supports George W. Bush (e.g. Joe Lieberman, Ann Coulter, Zell Miller)"
you really think conservatives support Bush???

pooltchr
01-17-2008, 05:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> My guess is rather than defending themselves, they'll try to come back with Democratic definitions. Right? <hr /></blockquote>

I thought about that...but nobody can come close to figuring out what the Dems mean anytime they are talking! Not to mention that it changes from day to day!
The only one I know is when the Dems say something is Free....it's going to cost a bundle!!!!!!

Steve

hondo
01-17-2008, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr>

"conservative

any person who supports George W. Bush (e.g. Joe Lieberman, Ann Coulter, Zell Miller)"
you really think conservatives support Bush??? <hr /></blockquote>

Only on CCB &amp; AZ. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DickLeonard
01-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Pooltchr we know when the Repubs say Freedom isn't Free we know were going to spend a trillion. ####

LWW
01-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Who are these rabid Bush supporters, and please provide quotes to back up your claim.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
LOL, good one Dick. I wonder why he didn't factor in costs when Bush, and the Republicans, even STILL, keep saying "Stay The Course" The don't add, until the country goes completely bankrupt, and China takes us over, of course.

Unfortunately, the results of Bush's devastating policies, both foreign and domestic, will all become clear in the years to come. The followers, don't have a clue.

How can people who claim they understand economics, not understand what happens when a president cuts taxes, launches war, and borrows all the money for both, largely from foreign communist countries.

Penny wise and pound foolish!

Love,
Gayle

hondo
01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Pooltchr we know when the Repubs say Freedom isn't Free we know young Americans are going to die. ####
<hr /></blockquote>

hondo
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Who are these rabid Bush supporters, and please provide quotes to back up your claim.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

I will admit they're thinning out.

LWW
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
So you admit that there actually aren't any and the comment was just the typical hyperbole?

LWW

hondo
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> So you admit that there actually aren't any and the comment was just the typical hyperbole?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Well, one that comes to mind is your little buddy, Dawg.
He literally gushes over Bush.
Those who criticise Bush are traitors, etc.

LWW
01-18-2008, 04:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> So you admit that there actually aren't any and the comment was just the typical hyperbole?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>
You've accused me of the same thing.

Not drinking from the lefty punch bowl does NOT equate blind support for the other side.

LWW
Well, one that comes to mind is your little buddy, Dawg.
He literally gushes over Bush.
Those who criticise Bush are traitors, etc. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
01-18-2008, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>

LWW <hr /></blockquote>
You've accused me of the same thing.

Not drinking from the lefty punch bowl does NOT equate blind support for the other side.

LWW
<hr /></blockquote>

And vice versa, buddy, and vice versa.

LWW
01-18-2008, 06:18 AM
I would hope not. I would hope that everyone could think for themselves without the party telling them what to think.

We both know this isn't the truth though and far too many people handoff thinking to someone else ... who far too often has handed it off to the party.

LWW

Qtec
01-18-2008, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> Not this one.

I'm just amazed at how many people who believe they are smart yet mistake a humor piece as reality ...
LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Its a joke!?????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought it was pretty accurate. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

In 1998, 6 weeks after Saddam expelled the UN inspectors,

[ QUOTE ]
Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike

CLINTON: Good evening.

Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous recommendation of my national security team, to use force in Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.

Six weeks ago, Saddam Hussein announced that he would no longer cooperate with the United Nations weapons inspectors called UNSCOM. They are highly professional experts from dozens of countries. Their job is to oversee the elimination of Iraq's capability to retain, create and use weapons of mass destruction, and to verify that Iraq does not attempt to rebuild that capability. <hr /></blockquote>

Clinton wiped out ANY serious threat from Iraq. After 1998, there is no serious evidence to show Saddam was re-arming- despite what the Govt claimed.

When it comes to intel its the MOST RECENT intel that counts, not intel from 10 years ago. The inspectors who were in Iraq 4 months before the invasion were saying the intel was WRONG and Washington wasn't interested. They were going ahead NO MATTER WHAT.
There was NO threat to the USA from Iraq. Iraq was under constant observation- satellites, fly-by's, drones etc etc. Saddam couldn't make a move without the US knowing about it.

After all the reasons for invading Iraq given by GW had all been disproved, they came up with the 'bringing Democracy' catch phrase.
What a joke.

It wasn't a reason , it was an afterthought!

What you have now is 150,000 US soldiers camped on the world's second biggest oil field. Within striking distance of Iran and right next to Israel.
Iraq is a mess because it was supposed to be a mess. There was never any intention of a quick in and out operation. The idea is to stay there as long as possible. Forever if need be.

Q

hondo
01-18-2008, 06:59 AM
What you have now is 150,000 US soldiers camped on the world's second biggest oil field. Within striking distance of Iran and right next to Israel.
Iraq is a mess because it was supposed to be a mess. There was never any intention of a quick in and out operation. The idea is to stay there as long as possible. Forever if need be.

.................................................. ...

That's the way I see it. But it doesn't fit the neo-cons pretty little picture of America solving the world's problems because we love everybody, so I'm sure you'll get flamed again.