PDA

View Full Version : support our troops

hondo
01-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Just what does this mean? All these bumper stickers,
so fashionable. But what are they really doing to support our troops?
I always suspected that those stickers meant, " I support
George W. Bush's decision to occupy a Muslim nation."
My church sent dozens of phone cards to soldiers in Iraq.
That's support.
Gayle constantly visits troops in Walter Reed.
That's support.
Liberals are trying to expose the folly of this war & get our troops back.
That's support.
I pray constantly for my son-in-law & other young people in Iraq that they get back safely.
That's support.
I never miss an opportunity to talk to soldiers when they get back, listen to what they think, buy em drinks, offer advice.
That's support.
I remember when atrocities committed in Nam were reported over here and I thought if the arseholes were in the paddies they'd understand.
It's the same now. I've noticed, however, that most of these conservatives crying it's not another Nam were never in Nam. Ask a Nam vet what he thinks.
Also, many of the folks coming back from Iraq are finding their jobs gone, poor health care, opportunities lost; their women have taken off with other guys.
Support our troops, indeed.
So, the way I see it: Support our troops means praise
the troops but don't ever, ever say anything negative about the war.
The troops might start to wonder why they're there.
Treat them like mushrooms. Keep them in the dark & feed them s**t. Just like they did to us in Nam.
Plus, we wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of you 25%
who still believe Bush's crap.
Support our troops. Go over there and help the surge. Send your kid over there. Send a bunch of money to the troops.
What's that? I didn't think so.
Ole Hondo recognizes bullshite when he sees it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Gayle in MD
01-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Bravo Hondo. You are right on target. I'd love to see the numbers of those 28% who have actually even bothered to donate money for out troops, or go to a Veterans hospital to volumteer their time.

Bush, supports the troops by cutting the funds for Veterans. You'd think these troops supporters would be outraged over that, wouldn't you? Have you ever seen one of them write a single post about those cuts for our Veterans. Talk about a president with a set of b***s! He's absolutely disgusting.

Gayle in Md.
Support our troops, and our constitution, Impeach Bush and Cheney!

hondo
01-17-2008, 05:06 PM
It must have been a decent post, at least.
The silence from the right is deafening. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bamadog
01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Hondo, I don't want to be cruel, but I've heard all of this before. And I thought it was simple-minded then. Sorry buddy.

Gayle in MD
01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey friend, we only have two factions in this country these days, the left, and the wrong. From now on, that's what I'm going to call them, The wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hondo
01-17-2008, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Hondo, I don't want to be cruel, but I've heard all of this before. And I thought it was simple-minded then. Sorry buddy. <hr /></blockquote>

Which parts of it are simple minded? Could you be specific?
I thought it was pretty accurate.

LWW
01-18-2008, 04:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> Hondo, I don't want to be cruel, but I've heard all of this before. And I thought it was simple-minded then. Sorry buddy. <hr /></blockquote>

Which parts of it are simple minded? Could you be specific?
I thought it was pretty accurate. <hr /></blockquote>
I won't say it's simple minded, but it dodges the questions posed in the other thread that you said this one would answer.

LWW

hondo
01-18-2008, 06:22 AM
I've noticed that you tend to answer questions directed to Dawg and he for you. I'd rather hear his response.
Which of my statements were simple-minded?
I thought I cut right through the conservative BS
about what they really mean.
As for the other post, I read the Times article and explained to Dawg what it said because I'm sure he never actually read it.
But, again, why am I responding to you and not him?
He dismissed a heartfelt post I made as simple-minded and I called him on it and YOU respond with , well, not really
simple-minded but off the subject.
It's silly trying to debate with you seers of the light,
because you have all of the tricks and none of the answers.

LWW
01-18-2008, 08:45 AM
The point of the article was an obvious inference that the average returning soldier is a homicidal maniac ISO a victim because of the war.

The stats in fact present a polar opposite of that.

As a vet, an American, and a patriot, I am offended that ANYONE would paint our veterans with such a broad brush.

This is right there with Murtha and his Haditha accusations.

What I also find apalling is the numbers in the MSM who parroted the same lie.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey Hondo,
these guys wouldn't recognize the truth if it jumped up in their faces and b*t*h slapped them in the face.

They think terrorists are responsible ofr most of the violence in Iraq, that's how much attention they pay to what's happening over there. They defend a president who cuts funding for our troops, and while I hate to report this, people with brain injuries, who have been sent back over there throughout this war, are now being sent back without all their limbs.

Support our troops? They don't know the meaning of the words.

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Never Voted For George Bush! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LWW
01-18-2008, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>They think terrorists are responsible ofr most of the violence in Iraq

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Never Voted For George Bush! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
So, who is it then ... George Bush?

Your discounting of terrorism urinates on the graves of every one of their victims, and yes I think you know this and NO I don't think you care.

LWW

LWW

hondo
01-19-2008, 07:34 AM
The article did NOT say that. It even warned twice against generalizing.
But it did say we need to monitor the mental state of our returning soldiers. And I agree.

LWW
01-19-2008, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> The article did NOT say that. It even warned twice against generalizing.
But it did say we need to monitor the mental state of our returning soldiers. And I agree. <hr /></blockquote>
YES it does:
[ QUOTE ]
Town by town across the country, headlines have been telling similar stories. Lakewood, Wash.: “Family Blames Iraq After Son Kills Wife.” Pierre, S.D.: “Soldier Charged With Murder Testifies About Postwar Stress.” Colorado Springs: “Iraq War Vets Suspected in Two Slayings, Crime Ring.”

Individually, these are stories of local crimes, gut-wrenching postscripts to the war for the military men, their victims and their communities. Taken together, they paint the patchwork picture of a quiet phenomenon, tracing a cross-country trail of death and heartbreak ...

... To compile and analyze its list, The Times conducted a search of local news reports, examined police, court and military records and interviewed the defendants, their lawyers and families, the victims’ families and military and law enforcement officials.

This reporting most likely uncovered only the minimum number of such cases, given that not all killings, especially in big cities and on military bases, are reported publicly or in detail. Also, it was often not possible to determine the deployment history of other service members arrested on homicide charges.<hr /></blockquote>
and it lies by implying that it had done due diligence to be fair and accxurate in it's assessments of the figures when in fact they had done the obvious.

LWW