PDA

View Full Version : I'm really amazed by this!

LWW
01-17-2008, 01:59 PM
The DNC decided to arbuitrarily void the results of the Michigan Democratic primary and award the winner zero delegates, all because the state of Michigan wouldn't tow the line and add Michigan to the Super Tuesday menu.

Amazingly, none on the left have seen fit to admonish the DNC for eliminating the value of the vote of millions of Michiganders.

Quite amazing, and enlightening.

LWW

DeadCrab
01-17-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm not at all amazed that you neglected to point out that the Republinazis were doing this:

The Republican National Committee plans to penalize Michigan Republicans for holding an early primary by stripping the state party of half of its delegates. Without the penalty, the state party would have 57 pledged and three unpledged delegates.

et tu, Turkey?

LWW
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Actually ... I had never heard this one.

If it happened I am going to go on record as saying it was also wrong.

Have anything that shows this?

LWW

DeadCrab
01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/results/states/MI.html
http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0117/p01s02-uspo.html
http://www.feedsyndicate.com/articles/7009689784

LWW
01-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Abysmal.

Your opinion?

LWW

pooltchr
01-17-2008, 06:47 PM
When the party heads of either party have the power to take away any citizens right to vote, the partys have way too much power!

I did see an article on the Michigan results where Hillary claimed a huge victory! Not surprising, since neither Obama nor Edwards names were even on the ballot...and she still only got slightly more than half the dem votes. 45% voted uncommitted!
I guess it is a moral victory, since there were zero dem deligates at stake!
Steve

LWW
01-18-2008, 04:19 AM
On the part of Hillary, I think it was brilliant. If they get to the convention without a candidate being decided it might be enough to allow her to claim she had the most popular votes.

On the part of the DNC/RNC it is despicable and I find it amazing that Michiganders aren't up in arms over it.

The only thing I can figure is that their are enough partisans pointing fingers at the other side that they don't realize they just got screwed themselves.

Divide and conquer is the plan of the the 2 headed 1 party state ... and we see evidence here daily of exactly that at work.

LWW

Deeman3
01-18-2008, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DeadCrab:</font><hr>
I'm not at all amazed that you neglected to point out that the Republinazis were doing this:

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Good Point, except are not the Democrats the ones who have made it somewhat important to "count every vote"? at least when it is a vote might disenfranchise Democrats...does it have less value when they control the counting? </font color>

Bobbyrx
01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Deeman, have you got your milk and bread yet???

Deeman3
01-18-2008, 02:10 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif