PDA

View Full Version : McCain

Drop1
01-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Straight talk? maybe.St. McCain -- distorting the record and misleading the public? If you listen to former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, that may not be as surprising as the branders want you to believe. In an unprecedentedly frank evaluation of a former GOP colleague. Sen. Santorum, who hasn't endorsed a candidate, said McCain is "very, very dangerous for Republicans" on domestic issues.

"The bottom line is that I served 12 years with him, six years in the United States Senate," he told WABC radio talk show host Mark Levin. "And almost at every turn on domestic policy, John McCain was not only against us, but leading the charge on the other side."

Sen. McCain apparently had a nasty habit of leaving one impression in public on social issues like abortion and marriage, and another behind closed Senate doors, according to Santorum:

"That discussion is held in private, where you're jostling and jockeying to get your legislation into the queue so that you can have your time on the floor to get something done. And I can tell you, when social-conservative issues were ever raised -- whether it was marriage or abortion or a whole host of other issues -- there were always the moderates who said: 'No, no, no, we can't. They're divisive, divisive, divisive.' And more often than not, John McCain was ... with them."

"That's wrong," Santorum added. "And that gives me an insight into what he would really be like if he were president of the United States."

The next night on the Mark Levin show, another even more respected and distinguished conservative voice, Judge Robert Bork, called McCain a "liberal."

Johnny, we hardly knew ye.
I wonder if he ever really got out of the box.

Gayle in MD
01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
He has long had a reputation on The Hill for being the nastiest sob up there. Won't even acknowledge the blue collar workers when he passes them in the corridors, same guys who keep his heat going, and fix his plumbing in his office. If they say, "good morning Senator" he doesn't look up, then when something goes wrong in his office, he's screaming and yelling like a maniac.

I'm sorry for what happened to him in Nam, but he's a nasty sob in real life.

Gayle in Md.

bamadog
01-18-2008, 12:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> He has long had a reputation on The Hill for being the nastiest sob up there.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Yea, kinda like Hillary.

LAMas
01-18-2008, 01:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> He has long had a reputation on The Hill for being the nastiest sob up there.

Yea, kinda like Hillary. <hr /></blockquote>

Except she's a Newbe and he's an Old Sage.

LWW
01-18-2008, 04:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> He has long had a reputation on The Hill for being the nastiest sob up there.

Yea, kinda like Hillary. <hr /></blockquote>

Hillary is exempt Dawg, I keep telling you that in these parts anyone who has this ---&gt; (D) by their name gets a pass.

The thing about arguing with partisans is they live in Bizarro Earth and despise reality.

LWW