PDA

View Full Version : maths and caucusing in medieval style

Vagabond
01-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I just came home after participating in the election of tribal chiefs in las Vegas, NV ( democratic caucus ).I anticipated confusion and chaos but amazingly it was civil.electing the candidates through caucuses has the touch of medieval practices.It was held in a high school gym for four precints.In my precint John edwards was short of one vote to be viable and his representative begged our group (Hillarie`s) to help him out with one vote so that Edwards will be viable and keeps him in the race.One member of our tribe then joined Edwards tribe. Here is the reason for posting this.I did not like the process of assignment of delegates to the candidtes.In my precinct Hillary got 39 votes,Barak OBama got 29 votes,Edwards got 15 votes.
The precinct chief calculated with a calculator and decided that Hillary gets 2 delegates,obama gets 2 delegates and Edwards gets 1 delegate.Inspite Hillary had more votes than obama,obama gets same number of delegates as Hillary.That is nonsense and unfair.

Vagabond
01-20-2008, 08:17 AM
I just now heard on CNN that in Newhampshire obama gets the same number of deligates as hillary and Obama gets more in Nevada inspite hillary won in Nevada & newhampshire.what kind of logic is that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Gayle,
I will give a hauller to you today

LWW
01-20-2008, 09:02 AM
And nobody gets anything from Michigan ... cancelling the voting rights of millions party whim.

WHASSUPWIDDAT?

LWW

Vagabond
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
that is the thing confusing me.How can they do that?

LWW
01-20-2008, 11:24 AM
It's called sheeple.

Most people don't even know what's happened to them.

LWW