PDA

View Full Version : Shane Van Boening wins the '08 Louis Roberts A/E

Cornerman
01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
As if the South Dakota Kid hasn't already won everything from soup to nuts this past year, we can add this year's Derby City Classic "St Louis" Louis Roberts Action and Entertainment Award to his résumé.

Over 60 votes were collected from the internet forum members, who attended the Derby City Classic this year. Van Boening won in a landslide, as the voters confirmed that he provided the most entertainment while in action at this year's event.

Each of his epic match-ups this year were well attended by 400 or more spectators standing several rows deep just to catch a glimpse, providing the type of entertainment that Louie Roberts would have been proud to have provided himself.

In a tight race for second place, Justin 'the Roadman' Cone beat out Freddy 'Scooter' Goodman to round out the top three.

For more on this year?s Action and Entertainment Award winner, please check out:

http://onepocket.org/LouisRobertsAward2008.htm

Congratulations,

The Action and Entertainment Award Committee

CarolNYC
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Congratulations to Shane-Im sure his grandfather is ecstatic!
I see you were playing DCC /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

Deeman3
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Excellent choice. I had him first as he seemed to be in every room while still competing in all three tournament events. I have Scooter in second as he was there at least on guts and entertainment value.

I'm glad we have been able to keep the focus on players as I am afraid if we start having stakehorses and others in the mix, it will not be that same as watching players compete. I might mention that Grady was a factor, to me, in the chase as he did well and you have to give credit to a guy who still matches up on his own dime time after time.

Great competition Fred and a great outcome. Louie would be proud.