PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe this!

rackmup
08-03-2002, 09:07 AM
As some of you know, I have had a little streak of bad luck going for the past month in my personal life. Well, the other day, while playing nineball with the ghost, this guy walks up to my table and asks if he can "bang 'em around" with me for a little while. I reply "Sure...the ghost isn't much competition anyway." He laughs and racks the balls.

As we play, he tells me he is in town to see his daughter, a former model and now CEO of some company he owns. He asks if I have any kids and the conversation turns to my personal life. I tell him of my impending divorce, employment woes, etc.

About that time, his daughter walks in. She walks up to her dad and gives him a big hug. Let me tell you...she was beautiful! I immediately notice there is no ring on her finger. "Man...I want a woman like that!" I think to myself.

Her dad introduces her to me and says we are going to play a few more games. She quietly sits at the rail and watches. We had the opportunity to chat for awhile, during which time I discover she has no boyfriend. Get this...she asks if I would like to get together for a drink or dinner sometime! I couldn't believe it!

I had to be honest with her...I told her I was in the middle of a divorce and that it might not be morally right to go out on a date. She suggested I look at it as "just two friends from the pool hall having a bite to eat." Makes sense to me!

After her dad and I play for an hour, he asks what I do for a living. I explain "sales" and he tells me he has a sales manager position open and would like to talk to me about it. It involves commercial property management and meeting different clients at his various properties and selling them on the services his company offers. I reluctantly explain that I don't own a fancy vehicle to drive clients around in as I am losing the new 2002 Explorer in the divorce and keeping the 1995 Ford Ranger. He says "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to put you in an embarrassing situation. We would provide you with a take-home company vehicle, a Lincoln."

I cannot believe my luck...A great looking woman asking ME out for dinner and her dad offering me an opportunity at a new career!

It was at that moment that I felt something wet on my forehead...things became clearer to me as the bartender stood over me with a wet towel applied to the big bump on my head. He asked..."Man! Are you okay? You've been out like a light for 15 minutes!" Apparently, I had been hit in the head with a cueball by someone practicing jump shots on the next table.

No girl. No job. No Lincoln.

I hate pool.

Regards,

Ken (if an imagination were money, I would be the next Donald Trump)

Kato
08-03-2002, 09:19 AM
Too bad that "Supreme Ruler of Pool" job I gave you doesn't have a higher salary. The signing bonus is pretty good though.............oh yeah, forgot no signing bonus. Hang in there slugger, bounce back time.

Kato~~~knows, oh how he knows.

Sid_Vicious
08-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Damn I was hoping for a different ending since a wet spot came into the story :-0 sid

Troy
08-03-2002, 09:31 AM
Ken, I don't know too many people able to make jokes of bad situations, but you are certainly one of the best.

Hang in Bud, you'll be OK.

Troy...~~~ Been there, done that, don't want a repeat

Rip
08-03-2002, 09:39 AM
Maybe it was a premoniton (sp). After reading your "dream" I walked over to my pool table, grabbed the cue ball and whacked myself in the head just to see what it would be like to experience the scenario you described. Different result...nasty bump on my head and no dream. However, when my wife walked in and saw me banging my head with the cue ball she offered to help! Now that's true love! LOL!
Rip-confident lots of good stuff is in Ken's not too distant future.

DEADSTOKE32
08-03-2002, 11:56 AM
MAN I'M SORRY 2 HEAR THE BAD NEWS .
BUT LOOK AT IT LIKE IT'S GOOD 2 DREAM .
AND IF THE GUY DIDN'T HIT U ON THE HEAD WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THIS STORY 2 TELL.
HOPE YOUR HEAD IS BETTER .AND TELL O'BOY NEXT TRY JUMPING OUT A WINDOW INSTEAD OF TRYING 2 JUMP A BALL.

socrates
08-03-2002, 09:01 PM
My empathy for your situation. You told a great story thanks for sharing.

The American Indians used to tell their most accomplished warriors a phrase that went something like:
"We become what we dream - And you have dreamed well."

Ralph Emerson said "We become what we think (dream) about most of the time."

Unfortunately alimony is code for All his money. But as Grady says money is only chips for the game of life.

Good luck and wish you the best.

Rod
08-04-2002, 03:28 AM
Ken I know your trying to make the most of a bad situation. Jeez I never have those dreams. Even for a short while it would be ok with me. Hang in there bud. Now your in control of your life/decisions and better times are in front of you.

Rich R.
08-04-2002, 07:09 AM
Ken, you previously mentioned trouble in your life, but I did not realize the extent of your trouble. I hope things get better very soon. Keep us posted and let us know if we can do anything to help. We are all hear for you.
Rich R.~~~wish upon a star, dreams do come true. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

NH_Steve
08-04-2002, 07:15 AM
That's a great story, thanks for the laugh!!!!!
(hope the laughter leads you to a turn for the better...)

08-04-2002, 08:10 AM
Didn't you get married a few months ago???

nAz
08-04-2002, 11:05 AM
Dude go play the lottery, your luck is sure to turn around after that story!

08-05-2002, 11:11 AM
And if you can play pool like you can spin a story, you'ld be on TV. Great Story!!

bluewolf
08-06-2002, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> Ken, you previously mentioned trouble in your life, but I did not realize the extent of your trouble. I hope things get better very soon. Keep us posted and let us know if we can do anything to help. We are all hear for you.
Rich R.~~~wish upon a star, dreams do come true. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

I am sorry to hear this too. My father always said 'trouble comes in bunches'. how true this is. seems like when something goes wrong,other things go wrong too.but nothing is forever. i have had bad years and sometimes several bad years in a row, but luckily if we keep the faith, things turn around for the better

bluewolf

08-06-2002, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Damn I was hoping for a different ending since a wet spot came into the story :-0 sid <hr></blockquote>

Oh, this is what Fran was talking about....! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif
Sid, I nearly peed myself when I read this!!