PDA

View Full Version : one giant leap for mankind

hondo
01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
How did Saddam has weapons of mass destruction become
we're fighting to rid Iraq of the AQ and bring democracy to Iraq?
How did the Saudis who attacked us on 9/11 turn into Iraquis?
How did bringing peace to Iraq turn Baghdad,cradle of civilization, into a civil war-torn area that resembles Beirut?
How does global warming is a myth turn into well, it wasn't man-made.
How does a lack of adequate protection for our troops turn into Clinton's fault when he never dreamed we'd occupy a Muslim nation for years.
How does a lack of response to Katrina turn into damn blacks should have been prepared? Or Clinton's fault?
How does lowering taxes and then borrowing billions from the Chinese to finance occupying Iraq make Bush a conservative President?
How does being responsible for the deaths of thousands in an unnecessary war make W a Christian simply because he vetoed stem cell research and says he's against abortion?
How is lying about a blow job worse than the debt, the war,
the blocking of scientific progress, the ignorance, the ill will from other countries, the furthering of hate from Muslims?
How does document after document showing cronyism in hiring of firms in Iraq, and millions disappearing turn into the Bush administration being honest folks doing the best they can?
How can 75% of Americans look at shite and see shite and 25% see Shinola?
Just asking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> How did Saddam has weapons of mass destruction become
we're fighting to rid Iraq of the AQ and bring democracy to Iraq?<hr /></blockquote>
It didn't. The authorization to use force has been posted many times and list numerous reasons.

The fact that you won't read it os your own fault.

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How did the Saudis who attacked us on 9/11 turn into Iraquis?<hr /></blockquote>
They didn't.

Who said they did?

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How did bringing peace to Iraq turn Baghdad,cradle of civilization, into a civil war-torn area that resembles Beirut?<hr /></blockquote>
It didn't, in fact it never was a CW.

Iraq is full of AQ now because UBL told them to go there ... a gift we haven't capitalized on.

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How does global warming is a myth turn into well, it wasn't man-made.<hr /></blockquote>
You'd have to ask someone who said that.

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How does a lack of adequate protection for our troops turn into Clinton's fault when he never dreamed we'd occupy a Muslim nation for years.<hr /></blockquote>
Because Carter, and Clinton ordered them withoutb armor.

Reagan didn't change the initial orders either.

It's all discussed and documented in the other thread ... but you knew that.

Now, why would a POTUS order unarmored vehicles once they were made available?

Was he assuming we would never use them?

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How does lowering taxes and then borrowing billions from the Chinese to finance occupying Iraq make Bush a conservative President?<hr /></blockquote>
It doesn't.

I for one never believed he was.

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How does being responsible for the deaths of thousands in an unnecessary war make W a Christian simply because he vetoed stem cell research and says he's against abortion?<hr /></blockquote>
The difference is that I think a geographical area that as produced wars 1n 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1991, 2001, and 2005 ... not counting Pakistan's 3 wars with India ... needsfixed. A man which has attacked Iran, Saudi Arabia, Israel,Kuwait, England, and the USA is a good place to start IMHO.

LWW

sack316
01-22-2008, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

It snowed the other day here in Prattville, Alabama. I am cold. Where the frick is global warming when I need it!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Excuse me, I'm going outside to let my junky-muffler-less 92 blazer idle for a few hours while I spray some aerosol cans up in the air.

Sack

LWW
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How is lying about a blow job worse than the debt, the war,
the blocking of scientific progress, the ignorance, the ill will from other countries, the furthering of hate from Muslims?<hr /></blockquote>
It isn't.

You also bring up nothing to show these things are happening AND Bill's lie was about a sexual harrasment suit from when he was governor ... charges he later confessed to, paid an $800K settlement over, and was dicsbarred for.

But, you knew that.

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How does document after document showing cronyism in hiring of firms in Iraq, and millions disappearing turn into the Bush administration being honest folks doing the best they can?<hr /></blockquote>
Cronyism holds no water as the no bid status with Halliburton goes way back.

Missing money should bother everyone as it does me.

Does it bother you that Clinton gave govt CC's to hundred of govt employees who he refused to have prosecuted after millions were stolen by employees?

If not, then your point is, again, meaningles due to it's partisan nature.

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How can 75% of Americans look at shite and see shite and 25% see Shinola?<hr /></blockquote>
Well, most of them listen to carefully choregraphed soundbites rather than educate themselves.

LWW

LWW
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How can 75% of Americans look at shite and see shite and 25% see Shinola?
Just asking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Not a problem bro, I'm here to help.

Slaying liberal myths.

It's what I'm all about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

LWW

wolfdancer
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
you must have hit a nerve...I see 11 replies from just one poster here.
I might have been tempted to read one, or even two....but 11 ???....I'll read "War &amp; Peace" instead
Must resemble an old 78rpm record, with the needle stuck on one groove????

LWW
01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
No, just a fellow forum member trying to help another.

Now, don't lie, you won't listen to anyone who doesn't drink from the same Kool Aid.

That's why I stopped responding to you.

You don't want help.

You are happy letting Gayle explain what you think to you.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Reminds me more of a drunk, who threw up all over everyone in the room, and ends with perpetual dry heaves over the toilet bowl.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, but we forgive you./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-22-2008, 02:45 PM
25% are NUTS! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How can people be dumb enough to pay a church for their congregation to pray for a list of names on sunday?

How can people be dumb enough to try to blame Cinton, for Bush's War?

How can people be dumb enough to believe that Bush and Cheney didn't out Valarie Plame?

How can people be dumb enough to think Bush didn't know there were no WMD's in Iraq?

How can people be dumb enough to think the Republicans are conservative?

How can people be dumb enough to think that our high oil and pharmeceutical costs aren't related to all the money both paid to the Bush campaign?

How can people be dumb enough to forget that the last time oil soared, another Bush was in Office?

How can people be dumb enough to draw comparisons between the Clinton's and the Chinese, when Bush has allowed China to steal from us in for seven years causing the biggest trade deficit in History?

How can people be dumb enough to think this war wasn't ONLY about OIL?

How can people be dumb enough to think that George Bush has a clue about foreign policy?

How can people be dumb enough to think that it's just a coincidence that Cheney got a multi million dollar package from Halliburton right before he got into office, and Halliburton was a huge contributor to Bush, and the no bid contracts with Halliburton, and the secret energy policy meetings, weren't all about war profiteering?

How can people be dumb enough to lose their rights, over scare tactics?

How can people be dumb enough to still try to defend this idiotic war in Iraq?

How can people turn their backs on our troops, who are dying for Halliburton, and Blackwater, and the other corporate fascist pigs who are making all the billions off this war?

How can people be dumb enough to think that corporate America will regulate itself, without government forcing them to do it?

How can people be dumb enough to think that any policy will ever do away with the IRS?

How can people be dumb enough to think that the war in Iraq, is keeping us safe from terrorist attacks?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
01-22-2008, 03:04 PM
On the majority of your questions all they need do is to think in order to think that.

LWW

bsmutz
01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
There you go, Gayle. El Dumbo, the leader of the dumb, has hit the nail on the head. Dumb people have dumb thoughts and don't mind doing dumb things.

LWW
01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Taking your vitamins, saying your prayers, and drinking your Haterade I see.

LWW

pooltchr
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> 25% are NUTS! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How can people be dumb enough to pay a church for their congregation to pray for a list of names on sunday?

How can people be dumb enough to try to blame Cinton, for Bush's War?

How can people be dumb enough to believe that Bush and Cheney didn't out Valarie Plame?

How can people be dumb enough to think Bush didn't know there were no WMD's in Iraq?

How can people be dumb enough to think the Republicans are conservative?

How can people be dumb enough to think that our high oil and pharmeceutical costs aren't related to all the money both paid to the Bush campaign?

How can people be dumb enough to forget that the last time oil soared, another Bush was in Office?

How can people be dumb enough to draw comparisons between the Clinton's and the Chinese, when Bush has allowed China to steal from us in for seven years causing the biggest trade deficit in History?

How can people be dumb enough to think this war wasn't ONLY about OIL?

How can people be dumb enough to think that George Bush has a clue about foreign policy?

How can people be dumb enough to think that it's just a coincidence that Cheney got a multi million dollar package from Halliburton right before he got into office, and Halliburton was a huge contributor to Bush, and the no bid contracts with Halliburton, and the secret energy policy meetings, weren't all about war profiteering?

How can people be dumb enough to lose their rights, over scare tactics?

How can people be dumb enough to still try to defend this idiotic war in Iraq?

How can people turn their backs on our troops, who are dying for Halliburton, and Blackwater, and the other corporate fascist pigs who are making all the billions off this war?

How can people be dumb enough to think that corporate America will regulate itself, without government forcing them to do it?

How can people be dumb enough to think that any policy will ever do away with the IRS?

How can people be dumb enough to think that the war in Iraq, is keeping us safe from terrorist attacks?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

How can I be dumb enough to have thought there might be something intelligent in this post? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Steve

bsmutz
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Just cuttin' through your endless stream of BS. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bobbyrx
01-22-2008, 06:01 PM
you missed one

quote Hondo:

How does a lack of response to Katrina turn into damn blacks should have been prepared?

1) don't remember anyone saying the damn blacks part

2) again from Popular Mechanics:

REALITY: Bumbling by top disaster-management officials fueled a perception of general inaction, one that was compounded by impassioned news anchors. In fact, the response to Hurricane Katrina was by far the <font color="red"> largest--and fastest-rescue effort in U.S. history, with nearly 100,000 emergency personnel arriving on the scene within three days of the storm's landfall.</font color>

Dozens of National Guard and Coast Guard helicopters flew rescue operations that first day--some just 2 hours after Katrina hit the coast. Hoistless Army helicopters improvised rescues, carefully hovering on rooftops to pick up survivors. On the ground, "guardsmen had to chop their way through, moving trees and recreating roadways," says Jack Harrison of the National Guard. By the end of the week, 50,000 National Guard troops in the Gulf Coast region had saved 17,000 people; 4000 Coast Guard personnel saved more than 33,000.

These units had help from local, state and national responders, including five helicopters from the Navy ship Bataan and choppers from the Air Force and police. The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries dispatched 250 agents in boats. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), state police and sheriffs' departments launched rescue flotillas. By Wednesday morning, volunteers and national teams joined the effort, including eight units from California's Swift Water Rescue. By Sept. 8, the waterborne operation had rescued 20,000.

While the press focused on FEMA's shortcomings, this broad array of local, state and national responders pulled off an extraordinary success--especially given the huge area devastated by the storm. Computer simulations of a Katrina-strength hurricane had estimated a worst-case-scenario death toll of more than 60,000 people in Louisiana. The actual number was 1077 in that state.

hondo
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
War and Peace is one of the finest novels I've ever read. Takes a while to figure out the characters, however.
I strongly recommend it.

hondo
01-22-2008, 06:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

It snowed the other day here in Prattville, Alabama. I am cold. Where the frick is global warming when I need it!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Excuse me, I'm going outside to let my junky-muffler-less 92 blazer idle for a few hours while I spray some aerosol cans up in the air.

Sack <hr /></blockquote>

You're right. The polar ice caps COULDN'T be melting at an alarming rate. It snowed the other day in Alabama.
That pretty well shows that GW is a myth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Not one of your stronger posts, Sack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LWW
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
You are aware that THEY aren't melting aren't you?

Or, does it matter?

LWW

hondo
01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> You are aware that THEY aren't melting aren't you?

Or, does it matter?

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.nrdc.org/globalWarming/qthinice.asp

Just one of hunreds of articles I found indicating that you are wrong.
Google " Are polar ice caps melting?" and read some.
Most are reputable sources. Not partisan BS.

LWW
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Hondo my friend.

You linked an article to the NORTH pole.

The SOUTH pole is not melting.

That's why I said "THEY" aren't melting.

In addition, extremely reliable sources ... like scientists ... will tell you that the NORTH pole ice is all seaborn ... there's no land beneath it ... and since icebergs are neutral buoyancy it won't raise sea levels to anything approaching the damage that would be caused if the SOUTH polar ice pack melted as it is land born.

Those who do, and I'm not saying YOU did it, calculations and include the SOUTH polar ice pack as if it were melting are liars of the first order and usually wanting to sell you carbon credits.

LWW

bamadog
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
How did you become so ill-informed?
But the truly sad part is that, even after all your false-premised questions are exposed, you will continue to ask them, oblivious to the absurdity.
I think we need an intervention here.
Do you really want to wind up like Gayle?

wolfdancer
01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Bill, you only have two choices...either buy into his El Dubious bs, or be labeled as a Hate-Monger....I settled for the latter.

LWW
01-23-2008, 12:58 PM
You know, law of averages says sooner or later you have to be right.

That being said, we all have a myriad of choices.

You chose being a hater, I don't know why, and when you go down the thin path of fascist thought there usually is no return.

LWW

hondo
01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I fail to see that he exposed any of them. All he did was spin as usual.

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:02 PM
You give that answer over and over again which begs the question.
The bottom line is that the reasons kept changing and everybody knows that but you &amp; Dawg.

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Virtually every doofus on the street who buys into Bush's BS.
I congratulate you if you're one of the smart one who didn't defend the war by saying " Have you forgotten ole Ben Lotten?"

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Don't know what CW means. UBL sent them there because we gave him the opportunity by occupying a Muslim nation.
Still don't see where you answered my question in this spin unless it has something to do with CW????

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Dawg thinks you destroyed this " myth."
Pretty sad , huh?
All you said was it wasn't you.
I wasn't addressing these to just you in the 1st place.
Dawg, did you actually read some of his "myth-busters"?

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
How can a trillion dollars be spent on this war &amp; not everything done to protect our troops?
Was Bush not aware of what we had?
Sorry. That was a silly question.
A. He wasn't.
B. He figured what the F. Full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes.

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Thank you. Dawg thinks you dispelled every one of my statements.
I REALLY wish he would read before he posts.

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:21 PM
That's your opinion. 75% of America thinks otherwise.

sack316
01-23-2008, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

Sack <hr /></blockquote>

You're right. The polar ice caps COULDN'T be melting at an alarming rate. It snowed the other day in Alabama.
That pretty well shows that GW is a myth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Not one of your stronger posts, Sack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Not really intended to be one of my stronger (or even meaningful, for that matter) posts. Was really more just me whining about being cold... and wondering where global warming was when I needed it!

On a side note it almost NEVER snows here... you'd really get a laugh at the way people react when it does. I mean, like an inch or two barely even sticks and the whole region shuts down and people go crazy.

Sack---- needed to get more aerosol cans the other day to spray, but all the stores had closed due to the "inclement" weather /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>How is lying about a blow job worse than the debt, the war,
the blocking of scientific progress, the ignorance, the ill will from other countries, the furthering of hate from Muslims?<hr /></blockquote>
It isn't.

You also bring up nothing to show these things are happening AND Bill's lie was about a sexual harrasment suit from when he was governor ... charges he later confessed to, paid an $800K settlement over, and was dicsbarred for.

But, you knew that.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

No debt? No war?No blocking of scientific progress?
No Ignorance? No ill will from other countries? No furthering of hate from Muslims?
Where do you live? Mars?

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I never said anything about Clinton. What does he have to do with investigative report after report that shows cronies of the Bush administration got the high paying
opportunities in Iraq?

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Your opinion. I happen to believe that 75% of Americans are starting to think for themselves while 25% can't get past their partisanship even if the truth bit them in the ass.

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Uh... glad you're here to help but which ones exactly did you slay? I say NONE.

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
My guess is that he didn't overlook it.

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> How did you become so ill-informed?
But the truly sad part is that, even after all your false-premised questions are exposed, you will continue to ask them, oblivious to the absurdity.
I think we need an intervention here.
Do you really want to wind up like Gayle? <hr /></blockquote>

Just for you, buddy, I went back and answered all of his " myth-busters". Really wasn't very difficult at all.
Actually, he agreed with 2 of them, said it wasn't him on 3 more, and partially agreed on 3 others.
But you knew that, didn't you? You did read his responses, I hope? Please say you did! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
01-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I hear you, Sack. I remember several years ago they got a big snow storm in Georgia and everybody went out and bought 4-wheel drives. They sold out pretty fast! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bamadog
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I fail to see that he exposed any of them. All he did was spin as usual. <hr /></blockquote>

That's one of your problems hondo, you are so blinded by partisanship that you can't tell truth from spin.
Now let's just take one of your accusations as an example.
"because he vetoed stem cell research"
You are aware, that this never happened, aren't you?
The President vetoed federal funding of stem cell research, which is quite another matter.
But you continue to repeat the Liberal lie.

Did you really want answers to your questions, or are you just ranting?

LWW
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Uh... glad you're here to help but which ones exactly did you slay? I say NONE. <hr /></blockquote>
I didn't expect someone blinded by partisanship to "get it".

LWW

hondo
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
You guys remind me of a kid I used to know years ago.
Somebody would say to him, " Your mama wears combat boots",
and he would fire back with almost no hesitation, " No!
Your mamma wears combat boots!"
I thought man is that kid quick with the comebacks!
I would have never thought of that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

sack316
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I think combat boots have become quite fashionable these days

Sack

bamadog
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I didn't expect a real answer from you hondo. That would require thought.

hondo
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I shouldn't have to explain my answer to you but I will.
THE TWO MOST PARTISAN CHARACTERS I HAVE EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE accuse me of being blinded by my partisanship!!!
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
It would be funny but I know you guys believe your nonsense.
And the beat goes on. Bush said, Clinton said, blah ,blah blah.
Tune in tomorrow, folks, when Dawg says, " George Wallace fought against racism all his life." /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

hondo
01-23-2008, 04:00 PM
My oldest daughter loves combat boots.

LWW
01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
What party am I "PARTISAN" towards hondo?

LWW

hondo
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
If I had Sonoma's patience I could go back and post 5000 posts where you defend Bush's actions, usually by simply attacking Democrats. All the while, stating you don't like Bush.
But, if you think you're unbiased, you must be.
Descartes said, " I think; therefore I am.
You've created , in your mind, this state of truthiness
that only Dawg doesn't see through.
Even that crusty old conservative EG finds you delusional.
Who am I to argue with the great lyberal myth-buster?

bamadog
01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
So you admit that what you posted about stem cell research was a lie?

LWW
01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
And here's your disconnect ...

... because I don't believe he lied to start a war doesn't mean I like him or his policies. Nor does believing that he isn't a Halliburton owner, or an oil baron, or a serial murderer, or most of the other nonsense espoused so often.

LWW

hondo
01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> And here's your disconnect ...

... because I don't believe he lied to start a war doesn't mean I like him or his policies. Nor does believing that he isn't a Halliburton owner, or an oil baron, or a serial murderer, or most of the other nonsense espoused so often.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Fair enough. One question. Why do you waste almost every minute of your day defending him?
Definitely comes across as insincerity on your part.
What do you think, fellow posters?
I'm not all that crazy about the Clintons but I will defend them from time to time, but I'm sure as hell not going to post 5000 posts on AZ &amp; CCB defending them.
I know you'll say you could care less but try to imagine how the rest of us see your denials?
Whether you care or believe it, it definitely comes across as hypocracy to EVERYONE on here, except your buddy.

hondo
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> So you admit that what you posted about stem cell research was a lie?

<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, I get your distinction, Dawg. Point for you.
Now, do you think he would be in favor of stem cell research otherwise?
Try to be honest, cause even though you got me on a technicality, my main point about his belief structure is not altered.

LWW
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> And here's your disconnect ...

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

Fair enough. One question. Why do you waste almost every minute of your day defending him?
Definitely comes across as insincerity on your part.
What do you think, fellow posters?
I'm not all that crazy about the Clintons but I will defend them from time to time, but I'm sure as hell not going to post 5000 posts on AZ &amp; CCB defending them.
I know you'll say you could care less but try to imagine how the rest of us see your denials?
Whether you care or believe it, it definitely comes across as hypocracy to EVERYONE on here, except your buddy. <hr /></blockquote>
OK, now we made progress.

It seems you agree that the moonbat type charges I listed are groundless.

I don't know how many posts you can find of me "defending" Bush, but if you want to keep a tally then to be fair you need to look at what I was "defending" him against.

Do I come across as sincere? I hope so because I am.

-Knocking down the WTC.

-Treason.

-Being in Halliburton's back pocket.

-Being an oil baron.

-Being a planet raper.

-Being a mass murderer.

-Invading Iraq to steal their oil.

-Stealing the 2000 and/or 2004 elections.

Until someone presents solid evidence I will defend him. These slurs are at best the words repeated by the uneducated and foolish that were told to them by liars and the mentally deranged.

Now, do I like the guy? I wouldn't want his job, certainly not in this era, but ... no, not really.

Things you WON'T see me defend him against.

-Never seeing a spending bill he didn't like.

-Not sending sufficient force to Iraq in the first place.

-Allowing the insurgency to actually get started.

-Allowing Baghdad and other sites to be looted.

-Not presenting his case personally and in detail to the US people.

-Cutting taxes without cutting spending.

The difference between you and I is that I see him as he probably is and you see Satan incarnate.

Now, why do I defend a guy I really don't much care for when he's right?

-He's right.

-He's the POTUS.

As a veteran and a patriot and a man who loves his country I take offense at anyone lying about the POTUS with malice and forethought no matter who he is.

As much as I dislike Clinton I showed the office the same respect when he was there. He might be a POS but he was a POS elected by the people twice, and whether I like it or not that's the process that I swore to protect and defend.

You know I take politics seriously and hold my beliefs strong, but where I differ from the moonbats and wingnuts is that after I cast my ballot and get the results the next day I'm on board with the winner and hoping that I was wrong and that they are successful.

That doesn't mean that they are above valid criticism, but I won't commit sedition and try to undermine a valid govt of the USA on nothing but Bravo Sierra either.

LWW

bamadog
01-24-2008, 01:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> So you admit that what you posted about stem cell research was a lie?

<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, I get your distinction, Dawg. Point for you.
Now, do you think he would be in favor of stem cell research otherwise?
Try to be honest, cause even though you got me on a technicality, my main point about his belief structure is not altered. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for conceding this point.
No, I don't think GWB is in favor of embryonic stem cell research.

bamadog
01-24-2008, 01:41 AM
This is a great post, and is a breathe of fresh air here.
Thanks El Dub.
As you know, I'm a lot fonder of GWB than you are, but I appreciate your honesty and consistency.
Blind support or defense of any Republican or Democrat politician, based merely on their party affiliation, is destructive and repugnant.

hondo
01-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Again fair enough. But you're not the only veteran who posts on here. Others have differing opinions.
IMO, others opinions are just as valid as yours.
Just because he is the PRES. doesn't automatically earn him respect in my book. How has he earned it?
I had no respect for LBJ and I have no respect for W.
He's a disgrace in my book.
Now I'll let you carry on with your rabid defense of this man you don't care for.

hondo
01-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Thank you very much.

LWW
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
hondo, please stop with the silliness.

You made an unsubstatiatable claim which has been shot down in flames ... again.

Now, as to other vets having other opinions? Of course they are entitled to them.

Are they as valid as mine? If they are based on verifiable data rather than partisanship then of course they are.

Here's an easy way to wrap your head around what I'm explaining.

Two rational people can look ata glass of water and debate whether it's half empty or half full.

A moonbat will say there is no glass at all but instead a plastic facsimile produced by Karl Rove and the water isn't really water, it's clarified oil; stolen from Iraq and being used by Bush to poison babies.

A wing nut will say there is no glass at all but instead an electronic facsimile produced by Hollywood technology and the water isn't really pure water, it's narcotics laced so the moonbats can force women to have forced abortions at govt expense.

LWW

hondo
01-24-2008, 12:55 PM
You made an unsubstatiatable claim which has been shot down in flames ... again.

Man, Sonoma pretty well has you pegged. Toss out something, anything, just to fire back, and then smugly claim victory.
Really gets tiresome after a while.

LWW
01-24-2008, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> You made an unsubstatiatable claim which has been shot down in flames ... again.

Man, Sonoma pretty well has you pegged. Toss out something, anything, just to fire back, and then smugly claim victory.
Really gets tiresome after a while. <hr /></blockquote>
Denial ... no longer just a river in Egypt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW