PDA

View Full Version : YO, Mike Page

Artemus
01-23-2008, 11:04 AM
A while back I noticed on youtube that your home table is a Gabriel's.

1. How long have you had it?
2. If you had it to do all over again, would you have purchased the Gabriel's, a Diamond, or a Gold Crown if the $$ were all similar?
3. What do you like most about the table?
4. What do you see as a weakness or minor problem based on how it plays?

Thanks in advance,
Dizzy Dean

Eric.
01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Artemus:</font><hr> A while back I noticed on youtube that your home table is a Gabriel's.

2. If you had it to do all over again, would you have purchased the Gabriel's, a Diamond, or a Gold Crown if the $$ were all similar?

Thanks in advance,
Dizzy Dean <hr /></blockquote>

I'm not Mike, but my friend owns a Gabriel 9 ft table.

The table is a tank. It has a huge steel U beam as a brace and could possibly be the sturdiest table I know of.

The playing area and rails look and play very similar to a Diamond Pro. The pockets are cut similar and the slate is (I think) a full 1 1/8" thick.

Anyway, in my unprofessional opinion, it plays very similar to a Diamond Pro. They could be twins in the playing department.

Regards,

Vince Lombardi

mikepage
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Artemus:</font><hr> A while back I noticed on youtube that your home table is a Gabriel's.

1. How long have you had it?<hr /></blockquote>

a couple years.

[ QUOTE ]
2. If you had it to do all over again, would you have purchased the Gabriel's, a Diamond, or a Gold Crown if the $$ were all similar?<hr /></blockquote>

I tend to answer Gabriels, but Diamond pro seems to me really on a par.

[ QUOTE ]

<hr /></blockquote>

The fact that millennia from now, after the great floods and such, when archeologists try to piece together the culture of Fargo, my table will be intact in the place where my long-since disintegrated house used to stand.

...and it has deep pockets and 30 mm slate and a elegantly simple design.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

I can't think of anything

Artemus
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Do you think the rubber on the rails is as lively as the Gold Crown and do you feel like it may be a little dead or less lively close to the side pockets next to the tips?

Artemus
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Artemus:</font><hr> A while back I noticed on youtube that your home table is a Gabriel's.

Thanks in advance,

The table is a tank. It has a huge steel U beam as a brace and could possibly be the sturdiest table I know of.

The playing area and rails look and play very similar to a Diamond Pro. The pockets are cut similar and the slate is (I think) a full 1 1/8" thick.

Anyway, in my unprofessional opinion, it plays very similar to a Diamond Pro. They could be twins in the playing department.

Regards,

Vince Lombardi <hr /></blockquote>

So Vince what would you rather have, you friend's Gabriel's or your Gold Crown? And WHY?

Dizzy (both of us should be able to play a mean game against the "Ghost".)

Eric.
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Artemus:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Artemus:</font><hr> A while back I noticed on youtube that your home table is a Gabriel's.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vince Lombardi <hr /></blockquote>

So Vince what would you rather have, you friend's Gabriel's or your Gold Crown? And WHY?

Dizzy (both of us should be able to play a mean game against the "Ghost".) <hr /></blockquote>

I would take a Gabriels over my GC II. Then again, I'd take a Diamond Pro over a GC too, for the same reasons why I'd want teh Gabriel; flush pockets, thicker slate, stronger frame. Other than pocket cut, I like the way all three tables play. Other than rail rubber (which can be replaced), all threee play "good enough", IMO.

VL