PDA

View Full Version : What is is LWW

Drop1
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Never happened,ok these guys are all wrong.Meaning of "Is"
Timothy Noah
Posted Sunday, Sept. 13, 1998, at 9:14 PM ET

Years from now, when we look back on Bill Clinton's presidency, its defining moment may well be Clinton's rationalization to the grand jury about why he wasn't lying when he said to his top aides that with respect to Monica Lewinsky, "there's nothing going on between us." How can this be? Here's what Clinton told the grand jury (according to footnote 1,128 in Starr's report):

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true." Posted in Slate

LWW
01-24-2008, 10:36 AM
That's the quote I thought you were referring to but ... upon further review you did stay up all night trying to find what didn't exist and proved it.

Good job.

Now tomorrow, let's hear how Bush sold the Grand Canyon to Martians for eternal youth.

LWW