PDA

View Full Version : Tax return...

nAz
01-23-2008, 10:53 PM
so i finally finished mine and i should be getting back a pretty nice return, hope everyone else here will be in the black too.
anyways I was thinking of buying this TV (Ed i hope you don't mind /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif) LCD (http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hdtvs/2412/samsung-ln-t5265f-52-inch-lcd-hdtv.html)
or maybe this one DLP (http://reviews.cnet.com/projection-tvs/samsung-hl-t5687s/4505-6484_7-32313063.html)
any thoughts? I can go to high in price cause i want to get an above groud pool this spring/summer.

eg8r
01-24-2008, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyways I was thinking of buying this TV (Ed i hope you don't mind ) LCD
or maybe this one DLP
any thoughts? I can go to high in price cause i want to get an above groud pool this spring/summer. <hr /></blockquote> If you are in debt, can't afford to make payments and whining about it then yes I would have a problem with it (not that it would change anything). Otherwise, I thought your comment was quite funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I personally would go for LCD but it is just a preference thing. Since the subject was brought up, I recently purchased (cash) a Sharp Aquos LCD for my bedroom but then again, the only debt I carry is what is left on my mortgage. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
nAz, the more I looked into buying a DLP tv, the more problems with that I found. I really like the Toshiba brand for my electronics...but their lights were failing after just 6 mos @ about $200 each...and the normal usage seems to be just 2 years. Sony, Hitachi and Seiko already stopped making projection TVs

wolfdancer
01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
If you can't afford an HDTV.....there's always...........
EDTV.......cheap, but not very sharp......and on the plus side,
CNET says EDTV is really not for losers /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
web page (http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-5683218-1.html)

eg8r
01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I did not even know EDTV was still around.

eg8r

nAz
01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
I personally would go for LCD but it is just a preference thing. Since the subject was brought up, I recently purchased (cash) a Sharp Aquos LCD for my bedroom but then again, the only debt I carry is what is left on my mortgage. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

what size did you go with... im looking for 50-56" for a veiwing distance of around 7ft.
you know dlp are a lot better price then an lcd when you go larger.

I Just found out that my mom wants one too so i may end up getting two sets. like you i like to pay cash for everything, all my CC are crystal clear right now. so if i buy two sets then there goes the pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nAz
01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>but their lights were failing after just 6 mos @ about $200 each...and the normal usage seems to be just 2 years. Sony, Hitachi and Seiko already stopped making projection TVs <hr /></blockquote>

Sony is still at it. you know the set i mentioned above DLP uses a LED light source, Samsung claims a 20K hour bulb life... thats pretty awesome.

eg8r
01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what size did you go with... im looking for 50-56" for a veiwing distance of around 7ft.
you know dlp are a lot better price then an lcd when you go larger.
<hr /></blockquote> For my bedroom I went with a 32in. No reason for anything huge. I have a 60in standard def tv in my living room and I don't see switching over till it dies, but I probably have about the same amount of room as you are describing so the 56 should be fine for you.

As far as the price, here in Orlando the dlp are much cheaper the larger you go but that is primarily because they are much larger (depth) and in MUCH less demand. They are too deep to hang on a wall (this is how I have mounted my LCD in the bedroom). If I was going for a new TV in my living room I would be looking for at least a 60in lcd or plasma which I could hang on the wall.

That would suck on not getting the pool. Tell your mom to pay for her own TV. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Being debt free is a wonderful thing. My wife and I worked very hard for 5 years to pay off all my bad mistakes while in college but as of today we only have one debt payment and in a couple of years that will be gone also.

eg8r

LWW
01-24-2008, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>but their lights were failing after just 6 mos @ about $200 each...and the normal usage seems to be just 2 years. Sony, Hitachi and Seiko already stopped making projection TVs <hr /></blockquote>
That's sales propaganda.

The basis they use is assuming that you turn it on and never turn it off.

Use burns bulbs, but heat cycles are brutal on their lifespan compared to forever on bulbs.

LWW

Sony is still at it. you know the set i mentioned above DLP uses a LED light source, Samsung claims a 20K hour bulb life... thats pretty awesome.
<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
web page (http://www.geek.com/sony-bows-out-of-rear-projection-tv-business/)

Bobbyrx
01-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I got this one in December from Amazon Web page (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LNT5265F-1080p-LCD-HDTV/dp/B000NVEG8S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=electronics&amp;qid=12012167 74&amp;sr=8-1)
It's great and Amazon delivered it to the house, set it up and working and carried the box off, all for $600.00 less than anywhere locally plus no tax....it was hard to beat....and if you wanted to get their credit card, no interest for 18 months

wolfdancer
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the link...I recently canceled my Amazon CC, but that is tempting...especially with the super bowl coming up....