PDA

View Full Version : Who wants some easy money?

LWW
01-24-2008, 05:17 PM
10:1 he's talking out his nether orifice! (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080124092029.zmwgovcr&show_article= 1)
[ QUOTE ]
Climate change is occurring far more rapidly than even the worst predictions of the UN's Nobel Prize-winning scientific panel on climate change, Al Gore said on Thursday.
Recent evidence shows "the climate crisis is significantly worse and unfolding more rapidly than those on the pessimistic side of the IPCC projections had warned us," climate campaigner and former US vice-president Gore said.

There are now forecasts that the North Pole ice caps may disappear entirely during summer months within five years, he told a gathering at the World Economic Forum in Davos.<hr /></blockquote>
As time goes on count on the shrieks becoming ever more shrill and dooming as the evidence gets thinner and thinner.

It's a desperate plea of an over the hill pol for some semblance of importance.

Can't we make the guy Secretary of Really Scary Malarkey or something?

LWW

wolfdancer
01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Do you doubt the word of the man that invented the internet, and is now a Nobel Prize Laureate?
Whether we contribute to it or not....I believe that dramatic climate changes are beginning to occur...and don't think it should be a right Vs left issue.
I believe it's best to have an open mind re Global Warming, but also doubt that we can do much about it.

LWW
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Wolfie, don't misunderstand me ... I myself believe GW is happening and have said that for about 20 years. I AM a true believer.

What I don't believe is ridiculous over the top claims such as the idea that the north polar ice pack will vanish in 5 years.

IMHO Al Gore is the worst leader that the eco minded people could ever pick as he is the Pope of Hypocrisy.

For non GW reasons, because I think it is ridiculous to believe that anything I can do will change any of it, I myself live a pretty green life. My one weakness being a V8 4X4 truck ... but it even gets 16-18 MPG, is an 01 so it's emissions are quite modern and minimal, and I,e only driven it 58K in 6 years and 8 months.

Our other 2 cars are 4 cylinders, one is manual. One is a 99 with 61K and the other a 96 with 55K.

My bike is a 305 CC Honda Scrambler.

Our boat is a 12 ft Checkmate 60 HP.

CF lighting.

High efficiency HVAC.

Uberinsulated.

We recycle.

Solar lighting.

Organic garden.

100+ year old rehabilitated victorian.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure many do as much as I and some do more, but if someone is going to be the leader of the movement they should live up to their message.

Saint Albert of Green Acres clearly does not.

LWW

Deeman3
01-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Is the 305 Honda Scrambler a vintage bike? I would love to find me a 305 Super Hawk from the late 1960's. I remember when that was the bad boy in my hood. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

At 55, it's still a little chilly here to get out on the bike but by next week, low 60's.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW
01-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Yep.

LWW